[Server Maintenance] 9-20-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd settle with an APS cap of 4, but not 2 as stated earlier. Sometimes I like being able to solo an instance; not everyone wants to be around people all of the time.

And removing the bank notes isn't a good idea. A person can only hold so much coin in their bag and safe, the bank notes allow people to hold more coin.

And yes, get rid of Lunar BH...
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Pig - Raging Tide
    Pig - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it would be nice for bms to have new skills or change some useless skills like tiger maw. draw blood for usefull ones....like more magic resistance skills.

Change Fan of flames to full aoe and change Farstrike range to 18 meters and maybe 20-21 meters with demon????

that would help bms a lot, at least in TWs.

Oh and Remove Lunar Bh plz....it is so ridiculous to pay 3mill just to do bh.

maybe make a nirvana boss bh that will give some profit for runs or give us back TT3-3 since there are more aps players around it will be easier
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd settle with an APS cap of 4, but not 2 as stated earlier. Sometimes I like being able to solo an instance; not everyone wants to be around people all of the time.

And removing the bank notes isn't a good idea. A person can only hold so much coin in their bag and safe, the bank notes allow people to hold more coin.

And yes, get rid of Lunar BH...

ahh i mean remove 10m big bank notes from things you can buy with PTOBL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shmarishmari
    shmarishmari Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would make it so that FC can only be run once every 24 hours.

It might actually encourage people to do somethign else other than chain fc runs.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's a tie between fix rubberbanding, and removing sins. I'm leaning towards removing sins.
    edited September 2011
    ahh i mean remove 10m big bank notes from things you can buy with PTOBL b:chuckle

Would it really matter if you they took the 10mil bank notes out of the TOBL rewards? After all, the TOBLs sell for about 5mil each anyway, and if you get 2, then you can still take that 10mil and exchange it for a note from the banker.
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make just one gameplay change to PWI, what would it be?

I would add a dungeon team search function that would allow players to find groups more easily
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would add a dungeon team search function that would allow players to find groups more easily

that'd be handy.. and has been done in pretty much every other MMO out there...
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I would have to agree in not being able to choose just ONE:

-Return SP and end the harassment being blessed by PWI
    -Adjust aggro levels of non tank classes
    -FIX THE GLITCHES
    -Nerf APS... if your only skill is speed you FAIL
    -Grant the bored babies an actual arena type PVP area
    -Improve the communication between GM and China
    -Add more quests for levels above 80 other then repeating daily quests
    -Eliminate game exploits
    -Raise max level, raise the exp needed on those levels while cap the use of Hypers so the bored players who raced to the top now can actually have something to work for so they arent bored again in 2 weeks.
    -add more history/story content
    -Did anyone mention fix the glitches?
    -create some bosses with some challenge which require different classes other then 5 APS sins/bms to take them down in seconds and which arent soloable by some uber geared player. (Obviously some bored players)
    -More required quests/culti which are required at certain levels and wont allow players to advance to next level with out completing.
    -There might even be some glitches that could be fixed
    -Make event mobs immune to certain levels. lvl 60+ cant kill select mobs to give lower levels the chance to participate. lvl 90+ immune to other mobs so level 60-89 can participate with out being run over by uber geared lvl 100 who sit and farm entire areas.
    -Find the person who came up with the change in SP and post their facebook profile for public flogging.
    -Set character level requirements to enter on FC.
    -Scrap the entire Mysterious Chip system. What a joke.
    ^This

There are so many things in this game that needs fixing it's not even funny. Can't say that I don't still like the game but it could be better. If the devs would get off their butts and actually fix an actual problem, instead of adding to the cash shop, then they MIGHT see some of their old playerbase return.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my comment is going to be lost in this thread and nobody will ever read it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Kirstiein - Sanctuary
    Kirstiein - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The constant lag
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my comment is going to be lost in this thread and nobody will ever read it

I read your comment!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I read your comment!

that wasnt supposed to happen D:
    of all the places possible my post gets placed at the very top of a page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
    edited September 2011
    Would it really matter if you they took the 10mil bank notes out of the TOBL rewards? After all, the TOBLs sell for about 5mil each anyway, and if you get 2, then you can still take that 10mil and exchange it for a note from the banker.

well it will make a difference in the long run since theres a massive amount of those being made all the time b:surrender which mean massive amount of coins with no money sink to drain them off, so things like gold just keep going up and up since theres so much in game coin floating around..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Let's see, one gameplay change. Honestly, I would update the aggro mechanics in the game. Barbs were the original tanks, they were never designed to interact with any of the new classes. This goes to Seekers as well, asuming that they were made to be secondary tanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • SweetPeas - Sanctuary
    SweetPeas - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd add more tameable pets. Because you can NEVER have to many :D
    edited September 2011
    Unless you have more than a maxed pet bag would hold.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Would say increase money dropped. As now everything cost quite a bit. ijs

Um np other then increase exp. I mean I finding it hard to find early BHs nowadays.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
    edited September 2011
    well it will make a difference in the long run since theres a massive amount of those being made all the time b:surrender which mean massive amount of coins with no money sink to drain them off, so things like gold just keep going up and up since theres so much in game coin floating around..

In that case, wouldn't it make more sense to just remove the TOBL and change what was needed for the TOBL prizes to be able to be bought with bank notes instead of TOBL?
    edited September 2011
    In that case, wouldn't it make more sense to just remove the TOBL and change what was needed for the TOBL prizes to be able to be bought with bank notes instead of TOBL?
    you should know even if they changed the PTOBL to some other item it would be in packs and wouldnt change anything b:surrender

EDIT: lol im tired so didnt read that right..

if they changed it so the items that required PTOBL to buy required the 10m notes instead then that would work as a money sink so could be worth it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Probably...
  • nxb
    nxb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Fired all the Dumb+ amature GMs b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Rophe - Heavens Tear
    Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Gameplay change? Hmmm... it would be cliche to say "more endgame content" ...

I would say... BOOST the reward for world quest because I know we all miss doing that!!!
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    - Make entering FC like entering Nirvana. ie, you can acquire 3 or so entrance 'keys' after level 80 (when you start getting quests in there) daily. This would lessen or even eliminate the power leveling. Increase the number of times you can use the PV instance from 1 to 3 a day to offset.

- Drop the 3 mil requirement to run a full Lunar, replace it with either a certain number of Essences or Mirages instead. Would make it possible to actually find a squad for the BH in there, and maybe that instance would get used more in general.

- Make the exp rewards from PQ better, so people actually do it.

- Bring back an open PK instance, but instead of SP, either make a new instance, or use Cave of Sadistic Glee.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I'd like to see some bug and glitch fixes. Till then any major gameplay changes can wait.

truekossy wrote: »
    Does going back in time to make sure the old devs were still around count as one change? b:cute

^What he said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hmmm Frankie, I could go so many places with this....

1. The cross server war instance i have been hooting about for ages.

2. Pk level caps- Making it only possible on the pk server to pk say in a 10-20 lvl cap so newer players are not harassed endlessly by people wanting to get red but not wanting to fight those their own levels.

3.Taking out end game items of the packs ( I realize your sales will drop, but what is the purpose of the instances to do them if you can just buy the item anyway).

4.Reverting frost back to the way it used to be at the beginning of the game.

5.Taking bounty hunters out of the game. Long gone are the days when you had to grind for your levels, thus making you a tad better with your character.As well as the overflow of coins coming from the rewards is contributing to the inflation on the servers.

6.Adding on to the target filter functions where you can filter to target not only classes, but also a specific faction. Say I am pking and I want to filter out other factions and just go after one specific, Would be nice to be able to do so.

7.Nerfing sins to make it where they can not use skills or spark while in stealth, as their description actually says. (buffing themselves included). Also making it where if they get in a certain meter radius of a character, they are semi visible (like if they are in party with you) to the players. You broke the game by giving one class WAY too much of an advantage over the others.

8.Putting the rank 9 medals back the dq rewards, or revamping the rewards system to include any item we might actually want to grind for.

9. Raising the level cap and implementing the higher level instances giving us more of a challenge. (Please wait on that one until you revert frost as it will serve no purpose if they can "frost" their way to the new level cap.)
    I could go on and on with this................
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011

1. The cross server war instance i have been hooting about for ages.

2. Pk level caps- Making it only possible on the pk server to pk say in a 10-20 lvl cap so newer players are not harassed endlessly by people wanting to get red but not wanting to fight those their own levels.

3.Taking out end game items of the packs ( I realize your sales will drop, but what is the purpose of the instances to do them if you can just buy the item anyway).

4.Reverting frost back to the way it used to be at the beginning of the game.

5.Taking bounty hunters out of the game. Long gone are the days when you had to grind for your levels, thus making you a tad better with your character.As well as the overflow of coins coming from the rewards is contributing to the inflation on the servers.

6.Adding on to the target filter functions where you can filter to target not only classes, but also a specific faction. Say I am pking and I want to filter out other factions and just go after one specific, Would be nice to be able to do so.

7.Nerfing sins to make it where they can not use skills or spark while in stealth, as their description actually says. (buffing themselves included). Also making it where if they get in a certain meter radius of a character, they are semi visible (like if they are in party with you) to the players. You broke the game by giving one class WAY too much of an advantage over the others.

8.Putting the rank 9 medals back the dq rewards, or revamping the rewards system to include any item we might actually want to grind for.

9. Raising the level cap and implementing the higher level instances giving us more of a challenge. (Please wait on that one until you revert frost as it will serve no purpose if they can "frost" their way to the new level cap.)
    I could go on and on with this................

Oh please do go on... I like most of these ideas. Nice to see some creative ideas beyond the "ugh! Me want Arena to PK carebear" And I would agree totally with Frost as I think many of us are sick of the spam in WC offering low levels Pwrlvl services. They have gotten so lazy its not even a full run its just the big room and last 3 bosses. I wonder if they set up a cat shop before they open the doors selling Hypers at high prices after milking coin for the run out of each.
    edited September 2011

iv been thining about it for a while and i thought of a possible answer for sins stealth
    in pvp

change stealth so players can see them just like if they were in squad with you, but in TW and a free pvp instance (if they ever manage to make one) the stealth would work like it does now..
    in the free pvp instance they should have a npc shop that sells new detection pots that last 5 minutes and will make sins completely visible for you no matter how high their stealth is, the cost of the pots would be expensive so would act as a money sink too b:chuckle

and for pvp in general on the open map i agree about the lvl brackets b:surrender there no reason a 105 should be able to pk someone many lvls lower, i think +/- 15 lvls would be good range
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Simple--cut the cost of entering Lunar by half and it would be like adding an instance while acting as a coin sink...could additionally put the lost half of entrance fee onto fc:)
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd raise the level cap, and give the vets more rewards. Like the PWE owned game called STO. Every 100 days give the veterans a new reward!