[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• MinervaEris - Sanctuary
    MinervaEris - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:chuckle
    • New from PWE, Paid Character Transfer.. For the low low price of $25 USD you can transfer a character of your choice from any server to any server and keep all your flashy R9

they used to say its not possible, but now i'm thinking it is, considering the cross-server competition events, i think the framework has been laid to transport a batch of character data around servers..

<.< I'm not R9. I'm only R8 and I didn't pay for it with real money :P I didn't even know what pk was till lvl 80+ or else I would of chose a pvp server. By then it was too late cause I had so many friends on sanc I didn't want to switch
    Life is chaotic peace
    MinervaEris- 101 demon sin
    Pyrothena- 91 sage veno
    HadesDeimos - 80 Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Make a new instance for pvp or reopen the arena in the main cities. sadistic glee is also where ppl have quests too. did ya all forget bout the numerous divine contract quests that ya do? plus theres also the two bosses like onyxian and alabaster but if was to be moved to sadistic glee, is to make a more private room for pvp away from possible interruption of ppl doing contract quests.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
    edited September 2011
    Turn on PK mode and bind your gear. DUH.

But let me guess, you are too afraid that someone will sneak up and PK you out of the blue.

Besides with all the powerleveling available it wouldn't be that hard to level up again on a PvP server.

That is exactly the problem with SP. People that don't expect to be PKd get PKd. Blue names and even blue names under lvl 30.

I do pk for real alot. I don't have many enemies so I'm not afraid of people sneaking up on me. Also it's called Safety lock you don't lose you're stuff and don't have to bind things that you need to decomp for the next lvl of gear. And powerleveling is boring. That's why there are so many noobs. They power leveled to 105 and don't know how to play their char.
    Life is chaotic peace
    Pyrothena- 91 sage veno
    HadesDeimos - 80 Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Originally Posted by MinervaEris - Sanctuary View Post
    "What about some of us that are already one pve servers at lvl 100? That joined that server to be with friends. We can't just switch to a pvp server and keep our stuff. So rethink the pvp server answer :P If you were the one on the pve server and wanted to pk more would you just switch to a pvp server and lose all you're hard work?"

And yet people say to all the PVE players who CHOSE not to play PVP to just forget your quests they arent needed. ?!??!? Really? We should just entirely give up till finally months later someone gives pitty and lets us thru? We should just have OUR entire game play ruined cause you were too chicken to go join a PVP server or have friends who dont have the same game play? And where are your friends who got you to join your server? If you have a friend who doesnt want to PVP with you... do you expect them to just drop everything to go PVP with you?

The vast majority of PVE players who are upset dont care if you want to go PK people who share your views on game play and think the game should provide you with an instance to do this but if given only the choice of have this or go back to the old SP... we will say GOOD BYE to this change. Players are upset they were FORCED to PVP on a server they were told was a PVE server and then harassed in game by other players. At this point given the harassment... we would rather you just go move to a PVP server since we can see what happens when given a little freedom.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i didn't say it has been opened before -.- . . well you see they asked what pvp instance would you want to have, some people were even saying a NEW instance would be nice ( why werent they being quoted? ), an unfinished instance and a new instance wouldn't be that much different is it? except that what i suggested already have a draft of how is it gonna be like. . well you know pw, they rather recycle an old instance with a new name than make a new one. .

I did not intend to come across as attacking your post, I was merely clarifying. Seeing as BSP is very old, I doubt the newer devs would use it anyway.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    <.< I'm not R9. I'm only R8 and I didn't pay for it with real money :P I didn't even know what pk was till lvl 80+ or else I would of chose a pvp server. By then it was too late cause I had so many friends on sanc I didn't want to switch

Sanc rocks anyways, i wouldnt want to leave, even if i did suddenly have 4000000 brain cells spontaniously self destruct and decided i wanna spend my days pvp'n.. i persoanlly kinda like when i'm out grinding mobs and some random thats doin the same "kill 100 of this mob" quest comes up and sends a party invite and we get it done in half the time.. on a pvp server i'd worry that that player was more interested in taking me out of the picture and having the mobs to himself then in helping.. plus, i dont know about other servers but, generally, if i stand in mid archo sayin "Can someone help me with (insert boss name here)?" i usually get some kind high-level happily help me out..

that reminds me, i still gotta kill ch'in and whatever boss comes after gouf in the culti chain..
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    why would you just use the dungeon temple event everyday and advertise that it is on like the other events, instead of making a newbie area a new pk area for ppl to kill those blue names wanting to either quest.. ie kill the 3 quests bosses in there (bh boss, shade, and silver) and the mobs in there.
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I do pk for real alot. I don't have many enemies so I'm not afraid of people sneaking up on me. Also it's called Safety lock you don't lose you're stuff and don't have to bind things that you need to decomp for the next lvl of gear. And powerleveling is boring. That's why there are so many noobs. They power leveled to 105 and don't know how to play their char.

So there isn't a problem then. Just turn on PvP mode and deal with the annoying Safety lock and get all your friends to do the same and you won't need a PvP instance.

As far as Powerleveling, I don't advocate it for Noobs, but for someone that already knows how to play the class and just wants to transfer servers without going through all the tedious leveling, it is a viable alternative.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i dont know about everyone else, but im expecting more lousy pack sales than actual work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Originally Posted by MinervaEris - Sanctuary View Post
    "What about some of us that are already one pve servers at lvl 100? That joined that server to be with friends. We can't just switch to a pvp server and keep our stuff. So rethink the pvp server answer :P If you were the one on the pve server and wanted to pk more would you just switch to a pvp server and lose all you're hard work?"

And yet people say to all the PVE players who CHOSE not to play PVP to just forget your quests they arent needed. ?!??!? Really? We should just entirely give up till finally months later someone gives pitty and lets us thru? We should just have OUR entire game play ruined cause you were too chicken to go join a PVP server or have friends who dont have the same game play? And where are your friends who got you to join your server? If you have a friend who doesnt want to PVP with you... do you expect them to just drop everything to go PVP with you?

The vast majority of PVE players who are upset dont care if you want to go PK people who share your views on game play and think the game should provide you with an instance to do this but if given only the choice of have this or go back to the old SP... we will say GOOD BYE to this change. Players are upset they were FORCED to PVP on a server they were told was a PVE server and then harassed in game by other players. At this point given the harassment... we would rather you just go move to a PVP server since we can see what happens when given a little freedom.

We do let people pass through. Not everyone who pks are jerks. I even helped lowbies with their bh and quests. I'm not too chicken to join a pvp server. I just don't want to have to restart my char over on another server.
    Life is chaotic peace
    Pyrothena- 91 sage veno
    HadesDeimos - 80 Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zephyruss
    zephyruss Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nirvana is really fb109 and used to have halls. This implies that content is altered upon coming to PWI. There are two dead instances towards the end of heaven and hell and another down in the buried bones wasteland. Nix valley is really just elf fb19 but chopped down short and will doors.

What am I getting at you might ask? Should be a simple task to make an npc, allow him to teleport people to various level restricted rooms (just like squad cube or vana rooms) to allow for fair balanced pk fun. Should be easy to take any instance they want, any room or hall from any instance, and turn it into another small instance of its own.

Honestly if these other changes can be made I see no problem why a duplicate of OHT cant be made without mobs; this gives a natural battlefield with a wide range of space and is also not much different from where people used to pk anyway.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

The Arena
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    zephyruss wrote: »
    Nirvana is really fb109 and used to have halls. This implies that content is altered upon coming to PWI. There are two dead instances towards the end of heaven and hell and another down in the buried bones wasteland. Nix valley is really just elf fb19 but chopped down short and will doors.

What am I getting at you might ask? Should be a simple task to make an npc, allow him to teleport people to various level restricted rooms (just like squad cube or vana rooms) to allow for fair balanced pk fun. Should be easy to take any instance they want, any room or hall from any instance, and turn it into another small instance of its own.

Honestly if these other changes can be made I see no problem why a duplicate of OHT cant be made without mobs; this gives a natural battlefield with a wide range of space and is also not much different from where people used to pk anyway.

i totally agree to this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    We do let people pass through. Not everyone who pks are jerks. I even helped lowbies with their bh and quests. I'm not too chicken to join a pvp server. I just don't want to have to restart my char over on another server.

But I am saying we dont want to just stop playing the game or skip quests just cause of those jerks either. Bottom line is both of us agree neither of us should have to stop our game just so a few jerks could jerk their ePeens. So instead of arguing we should be together in getting the company to realize they should open a NEW arena which could be a duplicate of any instance they wish.
  • elvaryah
    elvaryah Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    to each their own on dueling and stuff however i think it sucks u can be killed in sp area trying to do your quests. thats pretty crappy. think about when you were all low level and tryin to complete stuff and dying just from mobs or bosses....
    edited September 2011
    But I am saying we dont want to just stop playing the game or skip quests just cause of those jerks either. Bottom line is both of us agree neither of us should have to stop our game just so a few jerks could jerk their ePeens. So instead of arguing we should be together in getting the company to realize they should open a NEW arena which could be a duplicate of any instance they wish.

A pk arena that is open all the time :o I like to pk because it's like practice for tw. Why do they have a arena already that's broken?
    Life is chaotic peace
    Pyrothena- 91 sage veno
    HadesDeimos - 80 Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    so, how bout them platypus chops and duck neck fries?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    b:scorn its way too quiet in forums tonight b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    Kemonomimi - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

Read the Forum. That question has already been answered by hundreds of ppl.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011

Agreed!
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Agreed!

double agreed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    b:cry where mousekiller when you need her? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011

b:laugh Indeed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Sugarx - Raging Tide
    Sugarx - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    DO NOT put pvp on Raging Tide.. pve server... where we who DO NOT choose to pvp are forced to pvp. Secret Passage is a nightmare now. You people have no heart. WTH? Where is your mind? If you want to turn Perfect World totally PVP go ahead and do it.. I will take my money... and find another game.
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    DO NOT put pvp on Raging Tide.. pve server... where we who DO NOT choose to pvp are forced to pvp. Secret Passage is a nightmare now. You people have no heart. WTH? Where is your mind? If you want to turn Perfect World totally PVP go ahead and do it.. I will take my money... and find another game.

ur complaining to the wrong ppl.. the devs are the ones that implemented it and allowed it
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    agree. make a new place but big that we can able to fly high and run more than secret passage lol
    and so something because PvP servers are geting so much deadddd and no one to kill! :(

And that doesn't tell you something???!!!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Use cave of sadistic glee, so few quests, and even so they are mid to high lvl quests so no lvl 30 people getting camped by lvl 100's

/thread
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear
    SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    HMMMMM heres a poll and also the people have spoke about Cave of Sadistic Glee!!!!!b:chuckle

I personally find the name fitting!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180731&highlight=Poll
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And the overall answer already given in the thread customer service is sending all of us to would be THE ARENA. Stop forcing PVE players to PVP.

im sorry but PVP SEVERS ARE MEANT TO PVP b:bye
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    im sorry but PVP SEVERS ARE MEANT TO PVP b:bye

Who mentioned the PVP servers? The quote from me you posted has ZERO to do with PVP servers. Stop forcing PVE... PLAYER VERSUS ENVIRONMENT... to PK.