[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Leila Aravil - Sanctuary
    Leila Aravil - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Please, pick places where you don't have to quest. I joined a PvE server so I wouldn't have to deal with PvP. I loathe PvP. Now I can't enter secret passage on this or any other character to get quests done because I'll get pk'ed in seconds.
  • sadhawksfan
    sadhawksfan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I dunno, im new :D
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having Server Maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for the usual maintenance question..

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

I thought this game was about team effort + actually doing quests solo? Now it seems like you can't do anything as this game is being pushed into pvp. Some people don't actually want pvp, and prefer PvE. Imagine it, you are on a timed quest, your near the end with 5 mins to go, and BAM, some idiot thinks it's funny to pk you. Not very nice when all your doing is exactly what this game was meant for you to do.........QUESTS!!!

If your going to bring pking in more & more, why not actually work on either an area or an arena where you can gain trophies, badges, that sort of thing & keep them away from questers new & old.
    Also, if i remember right, don't you actually have servers for PvP?

What's the point of having a PvE server if your going to change it mid way?
  • alive4god
    alive4god Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    fix the stupid arena so ppl have a place to pk and stop making it hard on lower lvls to do quests like silverfrost or any of the other ones in there, or just move or change the quest. its ridiculous you have to have 3 lvl100 body guards for one stupid quest in there... and i for one have to sit off to the side and make sure people make it through... just plain stupid... if you want an instance for PVP or PK or what ever you want to call it, then fix the arena, make a new place for them to go or just drop it all together cause i am sure you will lose more then you gain if you keep it the way you have it.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like the idea of the TW map. That would give us the actual playing field that many of us are practicing for.
    b:cute
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can see where you might be wanting to use the Arena for more "faction" related pvp tournys. So I won't say that.

Cave of Sadistic Glee might be good minus the quests that require folks to go there and it's kind of out of the way.

I say, create an island in the water west of Archo. Make an instance entrance there, make instance look like TW instance with mobs. Safe Zone in the base areas that way people can make there own TW practice arenas possibly or just random pvp happenings.

If you have to res to town you res into the SZ. Also, should have some kind of pillar to buy buffs for cheap. Maybe you accumulate some kind of points for kills in that instance? Buy buff with those? :3

Theres my take on it. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sansho - Dreamweaver
    Sansho - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    first page woot!

none...make a new instance lacking quests for PvP

damn right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystea - Lost City
    Mystea - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    An instance where ppl from different servers could interface would be ideal. It has been done on other games. Then there would be new faces and challenges to pvp as well.
  • Lutron - Heavens Tear
    Lutron - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    fix the stupid arena so ppl have a place to pk and stop making it hard on lower lvls to do quests like silverfrost or any of the other ones in there, or just move or change the quest. its ridiculous you have to have 3 lvl100 body guards for one stupid quest in there... and i for one have to sit off to the side and make sure people make it through... just plain stupid... if you want an instance for PVP or PK or what ever you want to call it, then fix the arena, make a new place for them to go or just drop it all together cause i am sure you will lose more then you gain if you keep it the way you have it.
  • SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear
    SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok so I have heard and read that some of the people want a different instance but one with no safe zone. Well the instance should have a safe zone or all the big CS guilds will camp the spawn point and no one will be able to experience PVP. Oh wait this is a PVE server!? IF YOU WANT TO PVP, GO TO A PVP SERVER! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE QQ ABOUT IT GO TO A PVP SERVER! As said in an earlier post stop trying to make PVE'ers PVP!!!! ****** HELLO!? DO YOU LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!?

Spoons maybe you should relay what peeps are saying to the devs.
  • KageNoHana - Heavens Tear
    KageNoHana - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    careful, PWI. your laziness is showing.

...actually, its not just showing, its blowing out in the wind for all to see. we know you want ideas handed to you on how to do the least amount of work in order to appease your so-called "whiny" patrons, but actually buckling down and doing something worthwhile isn't such a bad thing, either.

fix the arena, fix SP. fix your faaaace. the situation with SP just aint cool, yo.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=950126001&dateline=1316761779[/SIGPIC]
    Disclaimer: I am nobody's mommy, nanny, pawn, messenger, therapist, or groupie. I am not responsible for what happens to you if you say something stupid in my presence.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can see where you might be wanting to use the Arena for more "faction" related pvp tournys. So I won't say that.

Cave of Sadistic Glee might be good minus the quests that require folks to go there and it's kind of out of the way.

I say, create an island in the water west of Archo. Make an instance entrance there, make instance look like TW instance with mobs. Safe Zone in the base areas that way people can make there own TW practice arenas possibly or just random pvp happenings.

If you have to res to town you res into the SZ. Also, should have some kind of pillar to buy buffs for cheap. Maybe you accumulate some kind of points for kills in that instance? Buy buff with those? :3

Theres my take on it. ^^

+1 I like the idea. I fully support a PK instance, especially for TW practice as I am in a TW instance, but yes please AWAY FROM QUESTING AREAS, that way no one can QQ about being killed if they have no reason to be there other than PK.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why are people upset with SP?

I've been there several times and it's always 20 people standing in SZ, 3-4 people standing out in the fray while all the little lowbies are given free passage through.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • illegalthecool
    illegalthecool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I thought this game was about team effort + actually doing quests solo? Now it seems like you can't do anything as this game is being pushed into pvp. Some people don't actually want pvp, and prefer PvE. Imagine it, you are on a timed quest, your near the end with 5 mins to go, and BAM, some idiot thinks it's funny to pk you. Not very nice when all your doing is exactly what this game was meant for you to do.........QUESTS!!!

If your going to bring pking in more & more, why not actually work on either an area or an arena where you can gain trophies, badges, that sort of thing & keep them away from questers new & old.
    Also, if i remember right, don't you actually have servers for PvP?

What's the point of having a PvE server if your going to change it mid way?

You thought wrong...
  • HouJehnsi - Heavens Tear
    HouJehnsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cave of Sadistic Glee with different spawn spot so the kill farmer wont wait and camp at the beginning of the instance.
  • romeoromantiko
    romeoromantiko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Unrelated question : Is it possible for the "windsprint panther" mount to be upgraded to to 10.0 normal speed /11.0 max speed. Its's initial speed is 8 / 9 max. please answer, ty
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You thought wrong...

Seems like it

Sad comes to mind
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I've been there several times and it's always 20 people standing in SZ, 3-4 people standing out in the fray while all the little lowbies are given free passage through.

Lucky them! I have been killed five times in Secret Passage (with different chars), I have the captions with each moron's name because some of those killings were BEFORE it was allowed. b:angry

If I have to do more quests like other people I tried to help, I surely been killed more times.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

Maybe on your server...

• Cuddly_Sin - Dreamweaver
    Cuddly_Sin - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey PWI I think PVP is for a PVP server take it out of the PVE some of the lower lv's dont like getting pk'ed thank you very much lol.... and for the others that dont know.... PVE server isnt a pk Server so if you enjoy PK so much go to a PK server please and enjoy all your nerd rage killing spree's over there :P and GM's yeah keep your crazy idea's like that to the PVP servers only please lol not all of us like to PK lol.. defeating the purpose of PVE bringing all this PVP stuff to the server... Some of us like to stay away from PK all together in general... 1 its a coin sink.. 2 its just a big drama fest and ppl just blah blah blah about you saying ha ha ha my Rank 9 just won and you suck ect... its really not that great of idea game wise to put end game gear in a shop instead to make the game more fun .. fix the instances that were spos to drop gear back into the system .. you dont have to drain the players of all there cash.... its starting to be just a job to play this game if you want anything good you have to spend hours and hours day in and day out just to get enough coin to get anything done .. or what everyone else choose to do .. * Oh hey looky there ... Gear i can just push one button and bam!! im set for life >.< .. its really to easy to get to lv 105 too i think that should be fixed as well all the glitchs in the game to get to 105 in Frost Covered City Yeah its nice and all but it should be limited ... and only be able to do in a squad .. most ppl that cant cash shop are left behind and cant afford to pay another person to run them in it..... The >T< in Teamwork as blown out the window long ago.. its all for your self or you dont get anything done .. planly put as i can... i mean as much as you charge gold to get anything done you might as well change this to a pay to play game cause its already there at this point ... and making it to where packs are out and gear is put in instances in the game... and this warsoul you got setting up there..... think your kinda overdoing it there guys? yeah... if anyone know's how much it takes to get that gear.. should know what im talking about ... yeah that's the biggest *quote* WTF!!!! i've seen to get ... pretty much have to sell your car , house and kids and the dog too while your at it to get that stuff... in a nut shell fix the game to where its playable again thank you all .... Long Live the NERD RAGE!!!! amen ( first post ) <3333
  • __Akantos__ - Sanctuary
    __Akantos__ - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    your petition to move it to glee was pretty stupid in the first place so no loss...... why the hell would u want to move it to ANOTHER INSTANCE WITH QUESTS? Look what i said in the post above yours. Contrary to popular belief, ALOT of people like to do their quests and actually play the game. And considering the # of PVE servers to PVP... there's alot more people that dont' like PvP much compared to those who do.

To PWE: You keep **** with us, and not banning people that do w/e the hell they want since they spend $500K (and that figure isn't a joke) on this game and they know after being banned 20 times they won't ever be perma banned..... you're going to LOSE ALOT OF PEOPLE. Have fun with your empty game.

Atleast in cave of sadistic glee the 70+ players have a chance of surviving, being level 30 and unable to do important quests is worse than missing out on two quests at 70+

PWE has to make money you know, most of the player base is content with playing without spending money and enjoying the game, the few high paying people who are (and not saying this universally applies) trying to make themselves look big are a small price to pay for low spenders/no spenders being able to keep the game free.

(sorry is its semi incoherant, tired)
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    archesaur = PvP zone. that would spice it up. <---Also, easily the highest probablility of actually happening vs arena or SG cave.

ridiculous you say? heh, of course it is,EXCEPT, the odds of something like this happening as a side effect of trying to fix something else are HUGE.

example: so they go to fix SP......well hey, it's all different-broken after the "fix"

epilog: of course it won't be archesaur, but i hope y'all get my jokingly made point:

THE NEXT PvP AREA WILL BE, YET AGAIN, UNINTENTIONAL AND A SURPRISE TO ALL, ESPECIALLY THE WINDOWS7LICKER DEVS.

edit: people, srsly , you wouldnt be so uptight if you maintained a free to play attitude. you are all missing the idea that this game isn't really worthy of being paid money(IMHO).

The second you are paying money you feel ENTITLED. Well, TOS says u r entitled to NOTHING.

furthermore, all the cash people dont give a rip and here are the few, the poor, the loose grip on reality folks makin a stand. the passion here is awesome. props for that. but in the real real world, the squeaky cashless wheel gets amputated.

I have changed my stand from"fix the injustice", to "it just isnt that awesome to give 2 shlts about"
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    with Harshlands being a full on PvP server, i just get used to the PK's and brush them off as its just typical. i do agree that PK'ing in the SP is annoying since i tend to help a lot of lowbies with their culties and other needed quests, and that disrupts the ability to help them with Quinzi and the other bosses they may need in there. i agree with everyone else, either a new instance or bring the arena back up to be used for PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Spoons maybe you should relay what peeps are saying to the devs.

you dont check the forums much, do you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ahhh I love all those people thinking they are so cool in pvp server haha. From my experience they are basiclaly the same, why? Because do you see ppl questing outside of an instance above 30+? So you going to use that 60 secs during timer cool down to try kill your party members? Where is the PK exactly?

A lot of these Pvp pros from PWI went over to PW-MY (Eng) server when it opened. There was a leveling competition and it is pvp server (AND ppl grind in non instances). But too bad you were not able to CS your way to victory, and these pros were kicked in the butt, and thus have returned to their respective servers here. (The Malays level faster is prob the issue)

If you are under the impression that this game requires skill, you are quite sadly mistakened, pve, pvp, u just need gear. (Of course there is issue of lag, maybe a knowledge, but no high skill ceiling and no need for high APM weither)
  • SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear
    SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011

lol your going to tell me that every1 allows the lowbies by.......oh oh oh ooopppssy you got in my AoE * you shouldn't have been so close, then you wouldn't have died! Wait there are mobs in the fray that are needed for a quest. Granted the quests in this game are totally not needed for the characters progression. Yes you only need to complete cultivation quests! New players don't know that at that lvl! The game needs new players in order to survive,but if they can't get their quests done because some *** decides to AoE all the time and kill them they quit! IJS!b:surrender
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

My suggestion if for some reason the Arena cannot be activated, is a practice TW instance. At the moment only players able to get into a TW Faction get to try it out. The TW instance is already enabled, they just need to make a practice version.

Perhaps one that is free for all and one that any two factions can practice in.
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey ppl I can see that you're pissed because of SP PK changes but having 3+ ppl spamming the same text nearly on any page of this thread is kinda annoying, I guess there's a reason why frankie asked that question cuz they might plan to agree with you and put that pk zone elsewhere, so just be patient and calm done, everythings gonna be just fine, promise =D Anyone agrees =? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Atleast in cave of sadistic glee the 70+ players have a chance of surviving, being level 30 and unable to do important quests is worse than missing out on two quests at 70+/

Akantos, I agree with that, but please let us not encourage PW to make another stupid move, they should just spend them time to make a new instance, I've seen some pretty good ideas and some stupid ones, but make an instance away from questing areas and noobs and also please...not in the guild base...And in the meanwhile they can return SP to the way it was, no matter how long it takes for them to make the new instance, the PK'ers can wait a little while longer, they went so long without it - go back to West Gate were you always were.

• semperfi74
    semperfi74 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So as I see all this, it seems that since I choose a non pvp server because at no time while playing this game did I want to be at risk of getting killed by another player only the environment, that I was misinformed as to the meaning of a PVE server. I would like to think this was due to some stupidity on the part of the people that created this game. However, this is not likely due to the fact that it takes quite a bit of intelligence and skill to pull a game like this off. Therefore I can only conclude that the Chinese people are not an honorable people as I once believed. THEY LIE, by stating that DW is a pve server then allowing someone who is not in pk mode to be killed by another player is plain and simple fraud. I can now place the chinese people in the same category as the japanese people (in my book cowards for the attack on pearl harbor). sadly my opinion doesn't count as I well know, but maybe, just maybe, someone from pwi will read this and get his feelings hurt when they realize that they have dishonored themselves by being untruthful, thus placing them in the category reserved for the the most useless of humans.... liars. Ok end of my rant,

ps I don't live near any Chinese people but the next time I see one I am just going to scream LIAR!!!! at them and walk away. and PWI is responsible.