[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

1101112131416»

Comments

• tiwill30
    tiwill30 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Admit it: you guys working on PWI dun goofed and don't know of a way to fix what happened. The only stupid idea you came up with was to force change it into a PVP zone then base yourselves on some Chinese people making a random suggestion concerning PVP in SP. Fairly clever i must oblige...

(because yes i am mad)

THIS IDEA IS PURE ****. THIS IS JUST AS BAD AS SUGGESTING TO MAKE SOME PK PLACES TO FORCE PVE.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The thought just occurred to me... if they can't use the arenas for whatever reason, I would suggest Phoenix Valley. No quests in there, and as it stands it is a pretty useless instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The thought just occurred to me... if they can't use the arenas for whatever reason, I would suggest Phoenix Valley. No quests in there, and as it stands it is a pretty useless instance.

Phoenix Valley is an instance for lowbies to level. In other words it's Frostcovered for lvl 30-80. It's set up just like FC. So it's not entirely useless.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • thebluebeast
    thebluebeast Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No Question... the Arena... why? easy... the arena was made for it... so it should be used for it... but take it out of sp so that lowbies not anymore forced to pk.... oh and not any other lowbie place is in my mind to make it to pvp arena... if i should choose anything other than arena... then make one for em... but u dont need...

ARENA cause its already there and its there to be PvP Arena...
  • pinkyii
    pinkyii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Non blue names only
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Almost every other thread discussing SP has been closed to keep the discussion to one thread... I am confused why the day after the patch this thread has not been closed? I have seen other threads AFTER the patch get started and have been closed and yet this one remains?
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When you start the gave, you have two options... PvE servers for people like me, who don't enjoy figting other players ( except on a few ocasions ) and PvP for those who do.

That's it, people... I don't expect Pvp's to be forced to only quest and not be able to attack others, why should I be forced to PvP?
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Guys.. developers n GMs.. cant u see?? is it so hard? majority of people do not want instances for a PvP zone.. we want it like it was before (talking about PvE servers idk about other servers or idk if it has to be for both).. but we do not want an instance as a PvP zone... why? why an instance? why does it have to be a PvE place? why do you guys have to change something..

we clients.. players.. costumers of the PWI business do NOT want a change.. we want those PvE zones to STAY PvE.. just because 2 or 3 come and say they want to enter the PvP adventure doesnt mean you have to change the WHOLE GAMEPLAY for other players... if Pkers want to Pk ( for the millionth time ).. let them go to a PvP server!.. let them go to the ARENA!! let them enter PK MODE and go pk in unsafe zones!!.. but do not change our PvE playgrounds to satisfy those bored Pker's needs when they DO have a PvP playground called (for the millionth time) AN ARENA..

Do you guys only listen to those that pay cash to play? what about the majority of the community that does not pay? what about the people that make PWI a game worth to play?
    I outline this because the community has already lost an amount of people because of this ****.. changing the PvP zone to another instance is not gonna slow it down or stop it..QQs will still come, suggestions will still come.. complaints.. everything will be the same... people will still keep leaving for their reasons... UNDERSTAND for heaven's sake....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Umm, what FC glitch did you fix? Can sins finally port from mob to mob at the second boss without fearing getting stuck? 'cause the only one I would say could be an exploit wasn't fixed.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • kelmore
    kelmore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im just going to copy and paste what I posted on a poll not to long ago on the subject, because this pretty much sums it all up for me:

Just give them the arena, its what it was created for in the first place. moving it to some other area (other then there) will just cause this same problem again, but on a differant scale. I dont care what level you are 13 ,33, 68, 72, 99,105 etc...NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PVP. And theres a LOT of us that WANT (yes want) to do ALL the quests, and not be bothered while doing so, regardless of how mediocre they may be or un-needed. its as simple as that. And by moving it to another cave, your just moving the problem, not creating a solution.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to address any further issues concerning this dungeon.

b:laugh

PWe ensure the glitch working. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Storm_Tide - Harshlands
    Storm_Tide - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    And the overall answer already given in the thread customer service is sending all of us to would be THE ARENA. Stop forcing PVE players to PVP.

THIS FOR THE WIN

We have an Arena for PVP. Make the freaking thing free and open to use 24/7 and let those interested kill each other 'til their hearts content.
    What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? b:sin
    edited September 2011
    kelmore wrote: »
    im Just Going To Copy And Paste What I Posted On A Poll Not To Long Ago On The Subject, Because This Pretty Much Sums It All Up For Me:

Just Give Them The Arena, Its What It Was Created For In The First Place. Moving It To Some Other Area (other Then There) Will Just Cause This Same Problem Again, But On A Differant Scale. I Dont Care What Level You Are 13 ,33, 68, 72, 99,105 Etc...not Everyone Wants To Pvp. And Theres A Lot Of Us That Want (yes Want) To Do All The Quests, And Not Be Bothered While Doing So, Regardless Of How Mediocre They May Be Or Un-needed. Its As Simple As That. And By Moving It To Another Cave, Your Just Moving The Problem, Not Creating A Solution.

and This
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Strange...

I wonder if this means that those things frankie mentioned (no specifics, by the way) that were supposed to come a few weeks ago are ready now...

Hmm...

Let's face it Kritty - no specifics as you are as much in the dark as the rest of us - your modding is excellent but its community management especially with info flow from China that is lacking.
  • Soux_Chef - Dreamweaver
    Soux_Chef - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    First makin SP a PK zone, eh not a good idea. High lvl farm lower ones. there is already enough of that at OT we dont need more of it. Now on the subject of which insatnce should be PK enabled, i think that there should be a world like heaven/hell that players can go into and go nuts. Make it an open world that you can fly in and have 1-2 SZ only. It would need to have all the space and availablity as the general world in PWI, make it have dangerous mobs and mini bosses to **** with the pkers. I think would be a fun way for ppl to learn PK and for us high lvls to have a lil fun. But i would like to see lvl restrictions tho maybe 30-50 then like 50-80 then 80-95 and then a 95+ one i think that would control the mayhem and madness that happens now on a regular basis at OT and in SP. I doubt we will ever see anything like this i just think it would be an awesome idea.
    edited September 2011
    agree. make a new place but big that we can able to fly high and run more than secret passage lol
    and so something because PvP servers are geting so much deadddd and no one to kill! :(

Hmmm...I also noticed Harshlands server seemed to be more empty than usual. Makes questing easier, but is missing the excitement it used to have.

My guess as to the emptiness of the PVP servers would be because MOST PEOPLE DO NOT WANT PVP, yet the PWIdiots force everyone, even on the PVE servers, to endure it. How long until all the servers are dead except for the high levels who would be forced to actually fight people their level instead of ganking lowbies?
  • Kioki - Momaganon
    Kioki - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    arena
    edited September 2011
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

Whay is wrong with you. Don't you get it? Why do you force feed this pathetically framed suggestion on us? Why don't you put a poll that includes the option NONE!

NONE as in we don't want no stinkin PVP on our PVE server. Get your mind around that concept cause if you dont and PWC does not, we will be long gone, and then you can PVP with all your little FC leveled fools till you get bored and wonder why you destroyed the great game this once was.

Other games have pvp arenas and guess what, most of the time they are never used.
    Look at the dead PVP servers here. Will someone in PWC own up to this ridiculous PVP jihad of trying to force PVE players to do PVP.

This makes no sense at all. The customer base strongly comes out against this move, and no one at PWC has the balls to own up to this fiasco, and leaves it to the mods to dance around the issue. Something stinks.
    Just some guy
    edited September 2011
    Um that IS already available NOW on PvP servers. It's just that the PvE players that were able to get UBER in absolute safety now want to exercise their bully muscle.

BTW, the Arena isn't broken it just hasn't been enabled. As many have said there are private servers etc that have it working quite well.

Why say it yourself when someone else has already said it so well?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The only logical places are the Arenas, to house PKers. There is NO logical reason to move them into an instance that is a place needed for quests...people have enough trouble getting help to go in there to do the necessary quest, to fight the mobs in there, without having to fight off hordes of ganking PKers.

PLEASE, give us a break!

if people want the Cave so much, put the PKers in it on the PVP servers...they already dont mind being murdered all the time. But PLEASE dont do it on PVE servers. If we wanted to be ganked at any time, we can turn our names white. People choose PVE because they want to play the game, not get killed while playing it.

Hey all,

We will be having Server Maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for the usual maintenance question..

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited September 2011
    Originally Posted by frankieraye

I think this is a question all of you should take seriously and answer seriously.

I think this is a question the PWIdiots should have asked before effing things up so badly in the first place.
  • God_Loki - Raging Tide
    God_Loki - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Um the Perfect World Areana
    I am Loki...God of Mischief...If you see me, you better hide or you'll be my next target... b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • ShiroiKarasu - Dreamweaver
    ShiroiKarasu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Um, Cave of Sadistic Glee I think would work well, but it is a bit of a fly from anywhere, Maybe Nightmare Island. It would be nice to get new PvP instance, one with a closer respawn point as well.
    Making PK in any instance would be fine, but being able to kill those who are not in pk, nor want to be bothered by other pkers, is just dumb. Thats why they have PvP servers, ijs.
  • hunterb
    hunterb Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    #1 you should not be able to pk in sp it's always high level 80+ beating up on the new ppl how unfair is this and u have to pvp servers so obviously they're not as bad as they think or they would join those servers they would get eaten alive. #2 the client has run bad all day and do you still have 2x exp and drops on it doesn't look like it...
  • Natashamoon - Sanctuary
    Natashamoon - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having Server Maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for the usual maintenance question..

I would say make a copied instance of another dungeon, similar to what you did with Phoenix Valley. I do happen to want to do a quest that requires two bosses in Cave of Sadistic Glee, and I don't feel like being slaughtered by level 105's in R9 trying to do quests to get an item, or being forced to pay extra money on an item I can normally get for free. My faction has quite a few people who need Silverfrost for OHT quest which is currently impossible to do because SP is a bloodbath. If you didn't remember, OHT is required for cultivation at 100. Regardless of the quests being "required" or not, people do quests, especially if it means getting a decent item for free, as opposed to paying 5 million for it when you have many skills to get. Like other people said, add the Arena back into the game, or make Brambles work in pvp, etc. PK mode is a perfectly viable source of PvP. You can simply make another copy of a dungeon and use that for a large PK zone. That way you interfer with no quests, no leveling players, and nothing else. Copy FB51's dungeon and make the copied dungeon a PvP area. That would be cool.
  • kyuoshu
    kyuoshu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How about the Cave of Sadistic Glee? honestly, why implement seperate PvP servers AND PvE servers if you guys are just gonna add a PvP instance that's pretty much mandatory? People join PvE servers SOLELY because it's PvE and they want to simply and casually enjoy the game without the fear of having some 100+ lvls ganging up on you and killing you for some quick coins and items. Not everyone on the game is playing to get to lvl 100; people have lives and sometimes that want to play a great looking game with social aspects for leisure. Don't forget the minorities, that's what made you so successful, at least in the beginning. But implement this and ou have single-handedly destroyed what your goal was in the first place. Congrats.
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011

PWIC arena