[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Any instance area that does not involve questing (ANY QUESTING. Not just culti or what not) would be better than what was done to SP. People on Sanc are being harassed and being forced to beg for mercy or die. <_< If I was a newbie and had to deal with that, I'd go quit and play another game.

This was a terrible move, and if not fixed, it will make you lose any chance of new players coming to the game. I found out about this game from word of mouth, so I don't want to think about what kind of info might be spreading now because of this.

Glee is also an area with quests, and while it would be BETTER than SP, the arenas would be the best choice, as that is what they were made for. Or any area that could be re-used that doesn't involve quests. Make a quest-less COPY of SP, for all we care, just please, get it out of Secret Passage.

b:angry This is pretty high up there in my list of **** ups, right next to the forced hair update that came with the Tideborn expansion, where you all removed some of the better original hair styles and refused to bring them back, despite forcibly editing thousands of peoples characters and then expecting them to spend money to fix your **** up.

Now...sort of off topic, but I heard you weren't feeling well, Frankie. D= Get well soon please. I don't blame you for this last update, since I know you were totally caught offguard by it as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180421
    Yay I figured. Out how to copy paste text on my phone. I still wish I could post on my laptop but since your password protection wont reset and let me login on my comp. b:surrender annyway if you really can't open the arena because of some really hard to find. Reason sadistic glee us the next best place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    let this one contain EGs rank 9 >.> otherwise ima murder your pet bunny frankie
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    we need someone to tell us whats in the patch before maint.

astypoo, i choose you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sinjin wrote: »
    A totally new area.

agree. make a new place but big that we can able to fly high and run more than secret passage lol
    and so something because PvP servers are geting so much deadddd and no one to kill! :(
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    let this one contain EGs rank 9 >.> otherwise ima murder your pet bunny frankie

dude has a point R9 for EG is long over due, and +1 for making cave of sadistic glee open PK i did do the quests in there and trust me the first part of that cave is not PK friendly and the places that are you can ovoid the people fairly easily and to top it off the quests in their are 85+ if i remember right so no offense to people who hate PvP you do mostly likely have the skills to survive, no the know how to use them but the skills themselves, and most people on sanctuary are nice enough to tell you what skills you would need to get past and get to the bosses you would need for said quests
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My answer to the question is this - I don't care what instance you PK/PvP enable; so long as you remember that there are people who are blue named and on PvE servers for a reason - some of us DO NOT LIKE to PvP/PK and we would like you to RESPECT that fact and make it so that we are not FORCED into doing so to be able to use /do the instance.

In other words; make it so the people who are blue named and wish to remain so are not drug into it. I mean; isn't/wasn't that the point of giving people the option of tuning it on and off in the first place??? AND creating supposed only PvE servers?????? So that the people who only wanted to PvE could without being annoyed to death/harassed???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

I would open the Arenas (the ones next to the Arena Manager) because that is what they were designed for in the first place.

If that is not possible (due to coding) then change or add a version of the Deathmatch Arena that is simple open PvP with no complicated rules and charges.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Move it to 3-1. There's a large central area + balconies and sofas for spectators.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinjin
    sinjin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what?

hahahaha sorry about the quote Duck! Didn't mean to. That's what I get for one handing my laptop behind my back. :P
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd keep Secret Passage the way it is right now, just move Silverfrost.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011

What...so more newbies can get killed?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?
    return the areanas, or use the PWIC one
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Can you see the disconnect with anyone who does quests or anyone below level 80.
  • _Peyton__ - Sanctuary
    _Peyton__ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Coming from a lvl 100+ do u not think about all those newer players that cant even get out of the safe zone without being one hit by some idiot high level that thinks they are Rambo??? You may be able to fight back but can you honestly see a lvl 30 ish being able to they dont even get chance before they are dead
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Coa

/10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited September 2011

Isn't it funny how a member of Enrage is in favor of this. b:lipcurlb:
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how about instead of moving it u can NOT BE LAZY AND CREATE A ARENA DEDICATED SOLELY FOR CONSEQUENCE FREE PVP?
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not playing the waiting game...going to sleep. b:bye Guess I'll see if anything has been fixed in the morning.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    we need someone to tell us whats in the patch before maint.

astypoo, i choose you!

How are people calling me this on other servers :<
    I'm away from my computer anyway and can't peek inside atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cave of Sadistic Glee

It is an already unused instance (besides, what, 1-2 quests?) with many hallways, hiding spots. Tons of mobs to annoy you and smack you around while you are running away from a r9 +12 sin (in which case, you are obviously going to die anyway, why even bother running?)

It is far away from any newbie starting area or questing area that there will be no 'accidental' griefing of low levels.

It may increase the ratio of player catshops in 1k Streams, which will help take the load off and free up some (SOME) lag in Archosaur.

EDIT: Ohhh...1st! :O

^ Agreed. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Your reputation - as well as terms of endearment - among forum-goers precedes you b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm away from my computer anyway and can't peek inside atm.

You're like kind of a big deal. People know you. I'm sure you have many leather bound books and your apartment smells of rich mahogany. Astypoo. b:chuckle Not but seriously, everyone from your server called you that. So the name just kind of became synonymous with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Originally Posted by frankieraye

If you want my first choice, I'd say fix the Arena and move it there.

The Arena was made for PvP, so use it.

My second choice would be Sadistic Glee.

I know for a fact you can pretty much handle a PKer at lv85+ even if said player is 5 levels higher then you. The instance is pretty much dead anyway. Only what? A few mob quests and 2 bosses in there to kill for one quest? Plus the boss quest hardly anyone bothers with because it is too complicated.

If neither place is any option to the DEVS (but then again who am I kidding, they can't get anything right), just make a new area.

If you want my personal advice, fix this asap and I don't mean give it weeks, I mean get it done by next maintenance if you don't want to lose players old and new.

If that's not an option, at least change SP back to the way it was so the situation is back under control. Save yourselves the grief and headache if you value the game at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • ShannyChan - Raging Tide
    ShannyChan - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Please move to an area that blue names who are doing quest won't be PKed...
    That simple...
    Thank you...
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    arena? is it the plain stage-like instance? i would like an instance with many rooms and hallways where minimap and the "T" function are disabled. that way you can hunt players and hide. . not a plain stage where a wiz drop a BIDS and everyone else a goner. .
  • LilMomCrow - Dreamweaver
    LilMomCrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    As a new player I definitely DREAD the secret passage. I have tried and had to run through 3 times in a row to get in the instance without being pk'd first; nice to be out 15% xp at the beginning of a quest. SO, I went to using the illusion stones. It is terribly frustrating - enough to make me certainly consider quitting and I had to "back away" from the game a time or two, lol. A certain "turn off" for a new player. I have 0 interest in pking and 0 interest in a pk area - though I have no objection to one either. Keep it OUT of instances and quest areas and for GOD SAKE make it to where non pk mode players DO NOT GET KILLED. Fix it please.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Fix the arena.

Failing that, use Sadistic Glee, but allow a "free pass" clause for people who need to quest in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited September 2011
    arena? is it the plain stage-like instance? i would like an instance with many rooms and hallways where minimap and the "T" function are disabled. that way you can hunt players and hide. . not a plain stage where a wiz drop a BIDS and everyone else a goner. .
    The Arena is like the PWIC tourney area. Still requires skill.

An instance with many rooms is just asking to give Stealth Sins an even bigger advantage than they already have.
  • \_Ima_Him_/ - Raging Tide
    \_Ima_Him_/ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just make the entire map, including the towns and cities, open PVP. Then the 99% of us who don't want PVP can finally leave the game for good. Only a few jerkoffs would be left.