[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear
    SerraPaladin - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you dont check the forums much, do you...

I try to Sasha but sometimes I fail and over look something!

Edit: wow I'm so far behind, is Spoons even still around i miss him!?
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why are people upset with SP?

I've been there several times and it's always 20 people standing in SZ, 3-4 people standing out in the fray while all the little lowbies are given free passage through.

So what your saying is that if, say a cleric lvl 85, was helping some newcomer to the game gain his or her first boss, and gets pk'd while helping, that's ok? If you need to fight, go fight on a battlefield or something & let people enjoy the game as it's meant to be......PvE NOT PVP
  • romeoromantiko
    romeoromantiko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    question : Is it possible for the "windsprint panther" mount to be upgraded to to 10.0 normal speed /11.0 max speed. Its's initial speed is 8 / 9 max. please answer, ty
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I just wonder why all this Carebears bother so much about PK in Secret Passage?

Cant you guys find another place to make your Fashion Parades?
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    archesaur = PvP zone. that would spice it up. <---Also, easily the highest probablility of actually happening vs arena or SG cave.

ridiculous you say? heh, of course it is,EXCEPT, the odds of something like this happening as a side effect of trying to fix something else are HUGE.

example: so they go to fix SP......well hey, it's all different-broken after the "fix"

epilog: of course it won't be archesaur, but i hope y'all get my jokingly made point:

THE NEXT PvP AREA WILL BE, YET AGAIN, UNINTENTIONAL AND A SURPRISE TO ALL, ESPECIALLY THE WINDOWS7LICKER DEVS.

+1 You are right, its highly likely to happen them trying to fix something and something else gets screwed up
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Nerlda - Dreamweaver
    Nerlda - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i go with the flow and say just use the Arena plz (=
  • romeoromantiko
    edited September 2011
    question : Is it possible for the "windsprint panther" mount to be upgraded to to 10.0 normal speed /11.0 max speed. Its's initial speed is 8 / 9 max. please answer, ty
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

If you like PK so much, stick to a PVP server and don't comment on our PVE ones, cause they are most certainly very different and for a reason. You have your gameplay style which may be PK and we have our own which is PVE via questing, and we have the option of PK'ing if we want to by switching to PK mode, it's all about choice. We chose a PVE server not a PVP one.

• Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Tried checking in 1k streams forge? ( end one )

oh, you can't coz server's downb:chuckle

Have a look once server is back up
  • IKets - Heavens Tear
    IKets - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having Server Maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for the usual maintenance question..

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

I would pick Nirvana a pvp open instance. I'm so tired of people who get stuff like perfect stones from silver and gold nirvana chests. Like WTF! It's obviously a lie but they won't admit it D: Death to them noobz!
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you like PK so much, stick to a PVP server and don't comment on our PVE ones, cause they are most certainly very different and for a reason. You have your gameplay style which may be PK and we have our own which is PVE via questing, and we have the option of PK'ing if we want to by switching to PK mode, it's all about choice. We chose a PVE server not a PVP one.

I agree... While we choose to be carebears they choose to be a$$hats.
  • romeoromantiko
    edited September 2011

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:

no one can answer such a simple question nowadays
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I try to Sasha but sometimes I fail and over look something!

Edit: wow I'm so far behind, is Spoons even still around i miss him!?

hes been gone for at least a year and a half =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I see you all suggesting the PvP Arena but...isn't it being used for/as Theatre of Blood now?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sansho - Dreamweaver
    Sansho - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Instead of making an instance Pk enabled I have this really radical idea.
    Make these 'PvP' servers right then player who want to kill each other dont have to go into pk mode.........oh wait a minuteb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Plz enlighten me, what is difference between Blue name and White name using SL, when leveling is done in instances. Is gooning to level 105 prerequisite to your condescending behavior? Cause you know it is soooooooo uncarebearish.

I dont care about PK in SP or not, doesnt really make a difference.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I agree... While we choose to be carebears they choose to be a$$hats.

LOL b:laugh

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Plz enlighten me, what is difference between Blue name and White name using SL, when leveling is done in instances. Is gooning to level 105 prerequisite to your condescending behavior? Cause you know it is soooooooo uncarebearish.

Ooh I'm gonna love the response on this one

• IKets - Heavens Tear
    IKets - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Hopefully by now everyone knows that "gooning" is a bannable offense. How about we pk enable everything and have no risk of gear drop cuz I just got a pangu tome and my girlfriend says I'm not allowed to bind it Q.Q. Whipped already *sigh*
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:

no one can answer such a simple question nowadays

To answer your question, I am not sure, but I think the panther can only go to 10

• Kitaro - Dreamweaver
    Kitaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hey guys, leave ppl to make some quest, if any **** bored "donate" wants to PK => go to PvP servers, here ppls are makin' game.

hands of from BLUE named ppls!

i hate PK-lovers b:spit
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And for the usual maintenance question..

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

When I first read this I thought, "What the ...? Is this a troll thread?" I had to look at the poster name three times to convince myself it was not.

At last count there were somewhere around 2000 posts already discussing alternative PvP options for SP. Well over 90% of them (perhaps even more than 99%) are annoyed by the addition of "open PVP" in an environment that was intended to be PVE.

I can't speak directly for the PVP servers (I have only 1 toon on a PVP server and he is not even level 30), but from what I have seen, there are only 2 out of 9 servers with PVP enabled and apparently they are not well populated, which totally makes sense. It is only reasonable to expect that a short time after start-up, the players who were there at the start have raced up to level 100+ and then kill any latecomers once they reach level 30 preventing their advancement ... so the server just naturally dies a slow death.

The logic for this change to SP completely escapes me. Sure, it is most likely a glitch and was not intended in the actual coding, but now that it is enabled, the GMs are wondering if maybe it will be okay to allow players to PK in SP?

In fact, it would likely be fine, except for those who are abusing it. And for players who have no wish to engage in PVP activities (like myself and the vast majority of the people I know on Sanctuary) without any recourse for players who are harassed by these bullies, there is little option but to seek out other places to play where the environment and community is more player friendly.

There are lots of games out there that are totally designed to be PVP games, and there are others that are designed to be 100% PVE. PW was a nice hybrid offering the option for players who wanted to PVP in an environment where people could spend their entire game life never having to engage in PVP with anyone. This change to SP has destroyed that.

I suspect the exodus of players because of this change will be slow, and maybe it is just another turn of the tap, as many of my friends left before this change. But now, there is another wave of players telling me they have gone on to other games. How much bleeding of the community can this game take? Are there really more people coming into the game than are leaving it? Because if so, unless something is done soon, when they reach level 29 or so they are in for a rather nasty surprise. And with only a few days invested into this game at that point, they will not have the same incentive to stay that the long term players have, and yet are still leaving.

And while I am on this rant, I would like to ask, is not using the Safety Lock to prevent dropping gear when in PK mode an exploitation of a glitch? If not, then why even bother with making ANY PVP area as players who want to PVP can do so already practically anywhere, at least without any fear of losing gear.

frankieraye, the solution is simple. Reinstate the BAN rule on the PVE servers. (I don't think anyone cares about SP on the PVP servers, but you can make it all servers if you like.) If you want to keep a modicum of PVP activity on the PVE servers, then adjust the BAN rule to allow PKing ONLY in the rooms west of the main hall in SP. There is no reason for regular players to go in there and there is no reason for PKers to kill anyone that is in the main hall or other SP passages and rooms.

If someone does PK a player in the other halls/rooms, a ticket with the "Killed by" message and showing the player has a Blue name should be all that is needed to give the player a short ban (at least for a first offense). Multiple killings are obvious harassment and thus are a breach of the ToS (bannable as well).

Seems like a pretty simple fix to me.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol you can make ALL but 1 mount 11 m/ps thats that midnight black horse or w/e it is
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    to your question to where to put these pvp people.. I suggest would be to either fix the arena and let them have fun battling it out with themselves or make a new cave/instance as frankie calls it. AS you all may know they passed the policy of allowing pvp in secrete Passage which to my logic was and is a very stupid idea in the 1st place since they screwed it up with the last patch and decide to cover it up by pulling this idiot policy with out thinking, that was a bright move.. Now that u have done this to the low lvls and newbies they can not do no more quest like frost,shade edio ,dismal shade and the wheel along with other divine quest that are in there. What were u people thinking when u pulled this one out of the hat and would think people would just buy into it,, wrong as you know the poles SAY TAKE IT OUT SO TAKE THE DAM PVP OUT. Now a newbie or low lvl ppl now need to pay high cash just to do there quest in secret passage. Now the bulling has started to where as stated above the low Levels and Newbies need to pay for safe heaven in Secret passage and that is not a garantee that they will be safe another strike again PWI for pulling this pvp policy for secret passage. in conclusion Put the PVP People either in the arena when u fix it or make a new instance for them to play by themselves that will not HINDER THE PEOPLE PLAYING PVE FOR FUN .THIS WAY EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY.
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited September 2011
    so that thing asking us on the first page that mean no more people will get to kill silver w/o being pked now? means no more in Old Heaven tear no more in OUF no more in Sacred cause R9 be guarding silver
  • LeyLoo - Archosaur
    LeyLoo - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I see you all suggesting the PvP Arena but...isn't it being used for/as Theatre of Blood now?

You are right, arena is in use for some time now, so PW lack one and only spot for free PvP .

Well, after all, why dont open exclusive PvP server with cruel regulations, for hard PvPers, like no safe spots , no bind charms, no protection dolls, etc , and lets see who wants to be true PvPer and kill white/blue named player , become red named and lose items when others catch him. Its so easy to kill low lvls without any consequences and call your self PvPer, right? Give to ppl choice to transfer chars there, and let them PvP from first to last minute in game. To drop weapons worth bilions, like warsoul weapon, nirvana items and so on... And lets see them in action.

Lowest one person can go is to PK in SP or in cube room 1... b:bye
  • romeoromantiko
    edited September 2011
    To answer your question, I am not sure, but I think the panther can only go to 10

10 in normal speed? or 10 in max and 9 in normal?b:victory
  • ZetsumieXl - Dreamweaver
    ZetsumieXl - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow! Just scrolling through the page it looks like there are several people competing for best author b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Past/present character names from various servers:
    | ZetsumieXI - RaidenXI - AkutenshiXI - Rinjuu - Raiu - Ryuujin - Zenkai
    | Rei - Rai - Rui - Namonai - Rokushin - Cloud - Zokusei - Zainin
    | Raichu - Ninetales - Bulbasaur - Arcanine
  • NcN_Jayzee - Lost City
    NcN_Jayzee - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol you can make ALL but 1 mount 11 m/ps thats that midnight black horse or w/e it is

Oh RLY? b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited September 2011
    and idk I never looked in SP or nothing but can people in there be pked below level 30? or cant hurt them till there 30? :P

hence the system message when you hit 30 says "you can go pk now"