How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Options

Comments

• mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

aww did i hurt you're feelings? :( i dont care

like i said, if fighting off a pker is to hard for you, get friends to do it for you
    if u dont have friends, get friends.

its very very simple

Nope you dont hurt my feelings just being a jerk. I just think losers like you who want to QQ about something they could very well do on their PVP server and who have zero clue about what others endure on PVE servers NOR desire to enjoy the game style THEY prefer has no business putting their nose into this argument. You already have your space and it has NOT changed in anyway effecting YOUR game play. So change your bacon covered shirt and go out and work off a little of that belly and let the people who have had their game play voice their opposition. When they radically change YOUR game play we wont bother to come in and annoy you with useless garbage how you need to just stop QQing and buck it up. Cause so far you have only proven you can make idiotic statements. But thanks for playing!
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it is 1 tiny nearly useless instance where a pve server person can give pking a try on their own character without needing to remake a new one on another server.

the only reason someone would ever need to be in there is for silver and by the time u need to kill that you are higher level anyway and should have a decent group of friends or a fac to help save your *** from the people who want to own your ***.

it encourages teamwork and competition.

i know its hard for some of you :P
    but its already hear, try it out, give it time, ffs deal with it

So its a HUGE challenge to get a character to level 30? Thats what one of your Pwr leveling trips to FC? As you FAIL so well at noticing other players choose a different play style and PREFER to do their quests not jump into SP to try out PVP as educated people know the difference and would ROLL on a pvp server.

And yeah there is such a lack of chance for players to engage in team work in the game... I am sure the group of level 30-50s going there to quest can survive against predatory level 100s who have no intention of actually practicing PVP but instead just want to further exploit the game in harassing low level TEAMS trying to do quests.

This shows yet another idiotic self serving comments trying to bully people into PVP play AND promote harassment by exploiting the game.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options

Whats more embarrassing for you 'HERE' who favor the change is the pathetic turnout in this poll to support it. We have not seen more then 18% in favor of this change. While supporting the chance for people to vote here... I have yet to influence the vote by stacking the votes with players who oppose it and yet its a clear super majority of players who think having this in SP is DUMB. So please... go get all your buddies who actually enjoy PVP and get them to vote cause its really embarrassing to see people get a fair chance to voice their opinion and have them so strongly against something you feel should be enjoyed.

You might wish to run from that lack of teamwork idea as a solution seeing as in this game, those who follow the quests already know, every 5 levels you get a new quest which suggests getting a team together. That doesnt even count the PV, BH or FB quests.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    starfever wrote: »
    This rubbish idea doesnt need fixing - it needs to be got rid of. Totally.

PVE servers should NOT have PVP areas. Period.

What you're suggesting would literally break the game. No TW, no cube, no DT, no dueling. The majority of the active players of the server would be 5aps chars, and mages and casters would cease to exist. PvP needs to exist to help offset the imbalance in favor of 5aps chars in PvE.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • thebluebeast
    thebluebeast Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it is 1 tiny nearly useless instance where a pve server person can give pking a try on their own character without needing to remake a new one on another server.

Its one instance true, but its one instance where lowbies go in for quests, ppl that wont go pk no they go in for quests... I know u pker guys dont get the info, that the non-pvp ppl have another idea of play the game... for them is doing quests important not pvp as u like that... the thing is im tolerant enough to accept ur kind of gameplay why u guys cant do the same?
    the only reason someone would ever need to be in there is for silver and by the time u need to kill that you are higher level anyway and should have a decent group of friends or a fac to help save your *** from the people who want to own your ***.

when im high enough to do silverfrost sure i have friends to help me or fac... but they cant survive the pkers (cause there is often a 100+ squad) in entrance and nearly the whole rest of instance too... and so they die... one time, 2 times... more times... while they like just to help me... maybe some times killed by that person than from another... and the pkers arent often interested for we doing just quest... they have fun to disturb the questers... just true or for what reason i met pker between the doors to the fb/bh instance and the door to dismal shade and silverfrost? my alt got pkd there from a sin... he said there was another sin in follow and so he did a aoe... as sin... sure... a helper squad cant fully afford that bunch of pkers there, not allways... and when im not one of them that have high lvl friends... and as lowbie i may not have that then i wont have that kind of help

When i go in sp as lvl 30+ im not interested on a competiion i wanna do my quests, when i want a competion i go in pk mode or i do tw or go cube... depend on lvl... when i go there i just wanna enjoy doing my quests... im a pve ppl thats my idea of gameplay... doing quests and in that lvl area i have quests in there

Hard, ya in some ways its hard but its hard for me to understand why i have to deal with pk when i choose pve, why i cant take my high lvl cleric and help my lowbie chars or friends alone? why i have to need now a whole squad cause as cleric alone i will die in there, when they just see a high cleric is just in sp... they dont ask for what reason im there... and against some aoe im squishy as hell... i just wear some parts tt99 and still not full, i love it to farm my gear to grind my stuff... thats one reason to choose pve... cause im not interested in kill others or get killed... im interested on grinding and farming, having fun and meet ppl from all over the world.

And i wont deal with it... like a lot of other non pvp ppl too... i fight for the change about it... and frankie just sent a list to the devs about it, so maybe there will be a chance... thing is... i dont need that much for myself that it change... cause most of my chars are already away from sp lvl quests... that some chars i have for it... i can do it... but i hate the idea to help others there now and i hate what all that lowbies that just started new on PVE have to do.

And when u guys from pvp-servers come here and complain here things like deal with it... lol i have to ask why... u guys from that servers choosed from begin on to deal with pk, isnt it so? ya it is... for u guys its not a big change... lots of u guys love the stress doing quests and get pkd while it and then call friend for revange and so on... i know that all... i played before pk/pvp game, thats why i choosed this time pve... Whats about the idea (i know that wont happen... thats why just an idea) to block all pvp on ur server? Deal with it? lol u guys wont deal with that idea true? sure u choosed it as u started the game and we did it too... we choosed pve, so we want have the other things... we wont deal with pk in a lowbie instance, we wanna do our quests anyway how useless they are, thats it.

i said already its ok for me that on pve servers still some ppl that like to enjoy pvp and i got the info they like to dont loose stuff while it so they want a arena for that... im fully agree with that.... just not sp, the useless arena would be ok, or protect blue names from it as minimum or put an npc at entrance (strange idea but ok, was from another person), im not that happy with sadistic glee but its for sure better as sp cause the ppl there are higher lvl... or a new pk arena ... just programmed for them... im ok with all that... only i wish is anything what dont disturb lowbies anymore....
  • Karen_Divine - Sanctuary
    Karen_Divine - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    like i said, if fighting off a pker is to hard for you, get friends to do it for you
    if u dont have friends, get friends.

its very very simple

b:chuckle YOu know because EVERY new lvl 30 player has full r9 friends to help them when they get pked in SP. Please tell me you weren't serious by that idiotic assumption...pleaseb:shocked
  • QueenNique - Dreamweaver
    QueenNique - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All the ones that says deal with it or agree with it. are u serious??? There is no challenge for u to PK lower lvs, there is no learning how to pk, only preventing me from doing my quest. I am a cash player as well this isnt my first game i have played with perfect world. I am new to this game but i picked PVE server for a reason to have that choice. Funny how people say what is not needed as an excuse to get there 1 hit kills off on lower lvs is sapose to be enjoyable to us. If you like pvp choose pvp server. Im pretty sure it will not be as easy as picking on low lvs in pve server. Plain and simple put this pking ability somewhere where all the pkers that choose to pk in an area that wont affect those that choose not to. if it is wanted that much it will please everyone that way. This is only encouraging grievers.
  • Taebaek - Heavens Tear
    Taebaek - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even though it might have been said already the main problem with this more than anything else is the ability to kill blue names, and for them to atk other players. If this is fixed then i think it would be perfectly alright. Although i do agree that there should be a separate arena type instance for this.
  • chaskadaye
    chaskadaye Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Of course it's okay with the PKr's that SP is now a free for all......they love being a gang and picking on lower level players, not to mention the name calling and bullying they so love to do...yes you Enraged members. I am appalled at PWI for allowing such nonsense in a place that quests are required by non pvp players. Some quests can not be obtainable through entering by the illusion stone. If they are going to let them PK in there, fine, but don't allow non PK players to be able to die when not in PVP mode. This makes no sense to me and has really left a bad taste in my mouth for PWI.
  • starwood
    starwood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If I wanted to PK, I'd go into PK mode, or I'd be on the PK server. What a stupid, assinine thing to do. So the China server does it, that makes it right? I pay my money to play a game and that I like playing which does not include PKing. I am not more serious about switching to WOW then I am now. More and more my thinking goes to WOW and PWI is forcing me that way. I hate leaving my friends, but, I guess I'll make new ones. We'll see if this PK things stays or goes away. It's causing a big rift among faction mates and even against friends from other factions. Nice way to make enemies, PWI.
  • Natashamoon - Sanctuary
    Natashamoon - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FFA PvP areas are fun, but it was a really bad choice to put it in SP. PW should simply make a new FFA arena type thing, similar to how Gurubashi Arena works on WoW maybe. the concept of the pvp, not losing anything and the ability to kill and be killed without risk is nice, but the location should be moved for sure. and i don't think that putting it in nightscream island or cave of sadistic glee is a good idea either considering there are still quests to be done in there, and not everyone has money for buying everything. it would be more creative to maybe do what they did with phoenix valley and create a duplicate copy of a dungeon, like SP, clearing it of all quests/mobs as a seperate instance, and using that as the FFA PvP area. much better that way.
  • smexdud
    smexdud Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think that you should JOIN a pvp server if this is what you want.. and the answer: no culti bosses are in here is RIDICULOUS!! You can NOT get into OHT without FROST and you can not finish your 100 CULTI without OHT!!

This is just an excuse and it all needs to be changed.. I get the idea of wanting to create a place that is safe not to drop your items, Well CREATE an instance for it... We dont have to PAY to get into other FB's why do we have to pay to get into this one.

And JUST because it is RIGHT for China servers DOES NOT mean it is RIGHT FOR US!!!

please correct this, its UNETHICAL specially when you have KIDS that run Guilds that TELL you PAY ME TO PASS SAFELY!!!
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hear that BioWare and Blizzard have a wonderful reputation among it's users and believe me if this nonsense continues I will abandon this game and play WoW or KOTOR instead.b:angry
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What you're suggesting would literally break the game. No TW, no cube, no DT, no dueling. The majority of the active players of the server would be 5aps chars, and mages and casters would cease to exist. PvP needs to exist to help offset the imbalance in favor of 5aps chars in PvE.

I'm completely against PvP in SP, but I also don't agree that PvP options and areas shouldn't exist. This was the worst possible location for an open PvP instance on a PvE server. Despite claims otherwise, there is considerable griefing and harassment taking place. Moving this to Arena's or to the Cave of Sadistic Glee(which is much less used atm and isn't required for OHT or a BH) would be a much better option.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So...You can get PVP kills that count towards achievements, but if you're killed and you're blue name do you lose exp? Sorry if this has been asked before, I don't feel like looking through pages of QQ for the answer and have never tried PVP before.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    starwood wrote: »
    If I wanted to PK, I'd go into PK mode, or I'd be on the PK server. What a stupid, assinine thing to do. So the China server does it, that makes it right? I pay my money to play a game and that I like playing which does not include PKing. I am not more serious about switching to WOW then I am now. More and more my thinking goes to WOW and PWI is forcing me that way. I hate leaving my friends, but, I guess I'll make new ones. We'll see if this PK things stays or goes away. It's causing a big rift among faction mates and even against friends from other factions. Nice way to make enemies, PWI.

I am gonna wait till my vent subscription expires before I move but perhaps by then me and a few of my guildies will have all r9 gear and can go down there to provide players who just want to quest safe passage.
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So...You can get PVP kills that count towards achievements, but if you're killed and you're blue name do you lose exp? Sorry if this has been asked before, I don't feel like looking through pages of QQ for the answer and have never tried PVP before.

PvP kills do not cause a loss of experience, only mob kills do.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PvP kills do not cause a loss of experience, only mob kills do.

Well then, learn something new every day. Thank you.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

This quote from one of the US PWIC team who met with PWCN management shows what damage he/she and the PWIC Tourney probably did to the US PvE server community.

This is the kind of awful biased representation our US PWI got from our fail TriForce PWIC Tourney team. (the one which lost to all the other countries in all the finals in less than 20 seconds) They were probably complaining that they didn't have a place to practice. "Give all servers a place to practice... and US wouldn't be so fail." was probably the message she conveyed.

The PWCN president probably now thinks all of us in the US like to PvP, hence the decision to open up SP for PK.

I wasn't in China so I didn't meet with anyone. Congratulations on being trolled and also on not being able to tell time or determine lengths of time.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well then, learn something new every day. Thank you.

My pleasure b:thanks
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hear that BioWare and Blizzard have a wonderful reputation among it's users and believe me if this nonsense continues I will abandon this game and play WoW or KOTOR instead.b:angry

I'll be right behind yah. I'm waiting for a beta for a certain game with templars and illuminati in it.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:victory
    I'll be right behind yah. I'm waiting for a beta for a certain game with templars and illuminati in it.

Nothing says ,,l,, to forced pvp like closing our wallets to the oppressors.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:victory

Nothing says ,,l,, to forced pvp like closing our wallets to the oppressors.

KOTOR sounds reeeeeeally good right now but SW just as good :Pb:dirty
  • dustinashe
    dustinashe Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm with ya on this. I have 101 psy, 99 seeker, 97 cleric, 91 archer, 60 veno. My psy and seeker have rep for, or already have r8 gear and I'll not raise the rest in this cruel game. I can live without your PK server PWI and you can live without any more of my money. As far as im concerned I just wasted 2 years playing here and countless gold purchases. I'mma put a stop to that.

I dont really spend that much, maybe $100 over about 6 months. Mainly because I just dont have the money with a family of four, whom ALL play PWI.

i dont see me spending anymore at this point.

But i hear ya, and agree.

Thanks for backing up the little ppl. :)

DA
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KOTOR sounds reeeeeeally good right now but SW just as good :Pb:dirty

I have played and thoroughly enjoyed every single game that BioWare has made, they are perfectionists with a talent for sci fi and a code of ethics that puts the gamer first. The thought of playing an MMO by them is b:dirty. To be honest if it wasn't for my guild mates and my vent subscription I would probably already be playing it.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gee it works well to encourage team work, Since the change I refuse to help or enter SP as i worked out after 30 years playing games I DONT LIKE PVP and i am now constantly saying no when normally i would help anyone before, so much for encouraging teamwork.

As to competitions being fun for everyone well some people love to run in a race, but most only want to watch not participate, just because you want to run in the race, don't mean we all do.

I suppose its normal for PvPers to force their will apon others so it may be hard for them to understand that some of us look down on that type of behavior.

Just do me a favor and remember I picked a PvE because i am not like you please.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Neutral. Havn't been there since it changed, I assume its a cluster f.uck... Especially for the pve servers.
    Unban me.
  • Albaj - Heavens Tear
    Albaj - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I like the idea of a free-pvp zone. Even on pve servers, there is a place for such a thing. However, the choice of putting it in SP is abominable.

Allow me to describe to you where such a zone should be, by describing what another MMO (whose name I shall not reveal) has done...

Said MMO has this pvp zone in each of its "servers". The zone allows for pvp between people within a certain level range of one another. The further a player goes in, the bigger the range becomes. In addition, very few quests require entering the zone, and the only one that I can think of that does is completed in a safe area located further in. There are sometimes bonus missions that take place in the zone, but that's all they are... bonuses. Oh, and nobody can be invisible in that zone, but I think that we're beyond hoping against that these days.

Now, that is not to say that pvp is the only motive to entering the zone. There are dungeons and training areas to be found, as well as rare materials to harvest. There are people who will enter the zone purely for pve reasons. This makes them targets, and gives pvpers people to hunt. But pvers are not required to enter. They merely have incentive to do so.

See, PWE, this is where you went wrong. The incentive should be optional, and even if you argue that normal quests are optional (which I'm willing to accept), and even if the fb 29 is optional (has a bad taste, but I can take that, too), you can't argue that Silver Frost is optional. He is not, and he is available as soon as level 70. The pvp zone should be moved, or he should be moved. Seriously, right now, in terms of pvp zones, you are being outdone by what is considered to be a laughing stock of MMO's (though I shall not reveal its name). Do better.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Neutral. Havn't been there since it changed, I assume its a cluster f.uck... Especially for the pve servers.

PvP'ers tend to enjoy it and I haven't heard of many issues on the PvP servers since there are so many places to kill in open map pvp. On the PvE servers you pretty much hit the nail on the head. High level players(in many cases from certain territory controlling factions) will not allow people to get certain quests done, to the extent that some are actually trying to charge coins. If that wasn't a deterrent enough there is the occasional random jerk who will camp particular lower spots such as the Wheel of Earth and Shade Eido during the times the larger factions aren't killing anything that tries to get past the first room.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I had stopped buying zen when the biker packs came out. Now that they haven't been on sale I was thinking about buying some zen again a few days ago..........till I heard about SP......

Unless this problem is resolved within the time I have gotten my Nirvana leggings I think I'm gonna leave the game and find another. They've had too many issues that they have neglected in the whole year that I've been playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.