How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Options

Comments

• vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is why PvE servers shouldn't exist. If you all had the capability to PK freely the people camping SP right now would have already gotten their fill of massacring newblets and your situation wouldn't exist. But hey that's just me never cared for carebear servers anyway. Let the PvP hate on PvE begin. :D

This quote from one of the US PWIC team who met with PWCN management shows what damage he/she and the PWIC Tourney probably did to the US PvE server community.

This is the kind of awful biased representation our US PWI got from our fail TriForce PWIC Tourney team. (the one which lost to all the other countries in all the finals in less than 20 seconds) They were probably complaining that they didn't have a place to practice. "Give all servers a place to practice... and US wouldn't be so fail." was probably the message she conveyed.

The PWCN president probably now thinks all of us in the US like to PvP, hence the decision to open up SP for PK.
  • dremapower
    dremapower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Now either pwi staff supports donators wishes for pk zone because of obvious reasons or...i don't know.It says Heaven's tear is a pve server and that's what it should be.Just because the veterans are bored and wanna test their skills,find something else or allow them to transfer elsewhere.You want t o lose potential customers?Be my quest.Gaming should be fun.not frustrating.Anyone who wants turn pk on.Blue names off protected.Simple as that.Create arenas or something else for those who are hungry for power/dominance.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's a little extremeb:chuckle But it would only ending up harming innocent high levels who are aoeing other high level opponents.

but... but... but... they could just avoid going to SP. It IS their CHOICE to go there. Same BS answers your giving low level players who want to do the quests in SP works for you too!
  • jadewolf13
    jadewolf13 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    one no one sent a msg about this. At least I wasn't and you DO lose XP..
    My first issue is not everyone had time to read the forums before playing and people should have been warned. Its no fun running in there as usual to get beat down by a bunch of 90+ players who could be fighting each other but aren't they praying on those walking in.
    If they were gonna do it this way it should have been done where less new players have to go. If I was still that lvl and I got attacked by a bunch of people when I chose NOT to in PVP, I might not play anymore.

Second, its not risk free, you DO lose some XP. and that is NOT right by any means when you do not choose PVP.

I find it ridiculous that gaming professionals would allow it to be implemented like this.
    It seems inconsiderate and lazy to me.
  • vikinggamer
    vikinggamer Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I simply don't understand why they can't make blue names immune to player attacks in SP. It would give people who are coming to do quests the choice in participating. If you want to PK, go white. You know, like it was a PvE server.

All die, so die well.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jadewolf13 wrote: »
    Second, its not risk free, you DO lose some XP. and that is NOT right by any means when you do not choose PVP

Why are you so sure of something that's totally wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    just thought of a awesome way to fix this on PvE server b:avoid just make it so anyone that attacks a blue name in SP automatically die, drop all the items they have worn/inventory and all bound items be destroyed b:chuckle

also do it in a hidden update in the next maintenance so we know exactly who the people that enjoy killing blue names/low lvls are b:thanks

I like this idea b:sin
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jadewolf13 wrote: »
    Second, its not risk free, you DO lose some XP. and that is NOT right by any means when you do not choose PVP.

No, you do not. Educate yourself.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Be realistic nothing will changed. PWI dont listen to what you say, they only listen to our actions ingame.

Some say "we dont want this enforced pvp" but the statistics say people kill each other like mad. People say they stop cs or leave or protest but statistics say, player numbers are stable , cashflow is the same so its all right, no need to change anything.

Statistics prove there is a desire for pvp and they deliverd. I pity people playing on pve servers, to get worked up over such a little instance while on a pvp server you can be killed everywhere anytime. When i started with pwi i died over a hundred times doing the secret passage quests and the quests around hidden orchid. AT LEAST 100 Times. So what, i still play the game.

Just accept it nothing will be changed back

And where are you finding these stats? Considering a huge push for the month with sales in the cash shop... if the sales are the same level as before... they are LOSING money because it was a hugely promoted sale to increase zen purchase via cash shop sales. Post the link to where you are finding YOUR stats please.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i strongly oppose on this forced pk on SP. I dunno if the devs will listen or not...but it's frustrating to see lowbies sometimes too poor or dying in their tele into qinzi so that they can level up the normal way and not fall to the pay your way to the top via fc runs.

It's not the way to go people...
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    strongly support it of course.

on the pvp servers, now its just like everywhere else. if you don't like it, why are u on a pvp server? carebear much? gtfo

if you are on a pve server and are dealing with it... whats the big deal... its ONE area with pk. if you need to kill the silver, then get a squad to help you, which you'd probably have been doing anyway right?

nut up people
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Maybe the devs can just move silver frost outside of the instance and remove the other 2 or 3 quests people have inside? That should make everyone happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Maybe the devs can just move silver frost outside of the instance and remove the other 2 or 3 quests people have inside? That should make everyone happy.

Most PVE'ers would be fine with either the quests mobs/bosses moved(as long as it's not to another pk area) and with a free stone into 29(preferably with the mobs outside the doorway removed and the door into that room walled up) or with the pk enabled instance moved to another location. Either is fine for most of the PVE'ers out there. However, most PVE'ers also want the pk temporarily removed until one of those 2 changes are ready.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I support the harassment of lower lvl players Trololololo

That you do b:chuckle
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    on the pvp servers, now its just like everywhere else. if you don't like it, why are u on a pvp server? carebear much? gtfo

if you are on a pve server and are dealing with it... whats the big deal... its ONE area with pk. if you need to kill the silver, then get a squad to help you, which you'd probably have been doing anyway right?
    nut up people

Don't care about your pvp servers, but you have alot more places to pk, on PVE servers if you want to pk anyone it's SP, Cube, TW, or one of the PVP enabled events. A lot less options making for more pk'ers in a smaller area. Meaning no, not even with a good squad normally capable of killing frost can you be assured of killing him on the first try or even multiple tries.b:angry Also a level 80 veno can solo Frost if he/she wants to so no you didn't have to get a squad necessarily.

You said it yourself it's only ONE area, not multiple, think about it while you busy nutting yourself up.b:angry.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options

nut up people

Thanks Porky. We can see by your post 1. you didnt read ANY of the opposition to even show a small bit of thought against their complaints. 2. You have NO clue what is happening on PVE servers. Were you forced to NOT pvp on your pvp server? Were you one day just told to skip all PVP cause you dont need to do it? 3. You are totally in your own CAREBEAR world with no clue to what happens in anyone elses life. Probably good to take your own advice BaconBarb and gtfo lil man.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why are you so sure of something that's totally wrong?

I've seen a dozen pvp people on here say I don't want to fight in Sadistic Glee cause the mobs might kill me with my health lowered. If a noobie gets over half their life blown off by a random aoe and is killed by a tombstone or ossien while running away, then won't they have xp loss. Decus and a few others said it was the killing blow not the hardest hit that registers so technically, how are you sure people aren't losing xp???
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Silence noob. My lvl 22 alt just entered for 5k.

Funny eh?

I've learned already that you're full of **** by inflating your friends pk totals with my alt, but how do you know when you ported in that the tombstone and 2 aoe mobs were up at the time that you entered. Also does this mean that you're offering to give everyone on every server 5K personally to stone into SP and any additional 5K amounts should they die the first time going in and a new squad if the rest of the BH squad going in survived and finished the BH while they were trying to grind another 5K. So are you getting the point yet or do I need to keep going for a couple pages should the person die more while in the BH, but not have a cleric since a single high level was kind enough to run it for them. You are saying a single scenario in which everyone survives and all the happy, fluffy bunny's will play in the the gleaming sunlight forever.

**** happens, many of these people are noobs(as you have called them repeatedly) and you expect them to all know the basics of don't aggro a mob or stand next to the exploding lantern on their first or second time inside a BH?!?!?! This is the learning BH for many players where they learn from their mistakes(ie. getting killed and in some cases getting killed alot!!).

I've seen noobs die 5 and 6 times in a single BH29(though I'll admit that's because someone's usually not listening). Multiply and that's 30-40K per BH for the slow learners, not counting repair bills from the run if they were the tank class. This is why unless you make the stone in free it's just flat out stupid to assume the lowbies can afford to do their BH's.b:angry.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    but... but... but... they could just avoid going to SP. It IS their CHOICE to go there. Same BS answers your giving low level players who want to do the quests in SP works for you too!

.....what on earth gave you the idea that I'm in support of PvP in SP? Are you even bothering reading the replies to which things started? If your not, I'd wouldn't bother commenting on other peoples responses to each other. Just because I don't think all Pkers are attention starved miserable teens who get their jollies on forcing their gameplay style and therefore deserve to have all their gear shattered, and all their things dropped for accidentally killing a blue name player doesn't mean I support PvP in SP. Maybe if you weren't so combative, you'd realize that PWI isn't going to give the middle finger to some of their most cash shop dependent players. That isn't to say that all PvPers cash shop nor that many PvE people don' spend just as money, it's just that competitive nature of PvP means they probably run out of things like charms more often and thus naturally need more coins. There is no reason that a solution can't be found to make both sides happy, without all the name calling. Just as there is no good reason for PKers to be able to harass low levels or for PvP be forced on people on a PvE server, there isn't a good reason for PvE only to be forced on people either. That's why things like TW are good things. That's why this change in theory would have been awesome if they had put it in a place that made sense such as the arena and changed the coding around so that it provided a fun no-risk pvp environment that didn't interfere with people who don't want to partake in such things. I'd be just as happy if they put silver frost and those mobs in a different location. As long as they also tweaked the stone in location so that low level players aren't being one shot by the mobs when they stone in and made it free. That's just as valid of a solution as moving it to the arena or a tweaked sadistic glee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    I've seen a dozen pvp people on here say I don't want to fight in Sadistic Glee cause the mobs might kill me with my health lowered. If a noobie gets over half their life blown off by a random aoe and is killed by a tombstone or ossien while running away, then won't they have xp loss. Decus and a few others said it was the killing blow not the hardest hit that registers so technically, how are you sure people aren't losing xp???

Ahh ok. Mobs in free PVP zones never cause XP loss if that is what you are worried about. It is now impossible to lose XP in SP (which was not true before the change to free PVP).

If you had experience with mobs in DT, Warsong, old Rebirth, or the Cube you'd know this.
    Jungle Ruins is forced PVP too technically but they made a safe zone that covers the entire instance lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you can't get the quest for Archosaur Teleport after at least lvl 21, then you've died a LOT to mobs as a lowbie and deserve to be stuck at your home city instead. Forever.

How nice of you to cull the weak from the strong for us all Quilue. Is that what you tell them you're doing when you pk them in SP. "It's ok noob, you're too stupid to learn the game so I'll just put you out of your misery, because I never had to learn the game so why should you have that opportunity." New players to the game do tend to die a LOT. They also tend to buy the overpriced white **** from NPC's and have no clue about the Illusion Stone unless someone has told them about it. So when do you tell them about it, when they're standing in SP for the first time trying to auto-path to the quest mob or after they've ported out cause you 'accidentaly' one-shot them. b:angry
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ahh ok. Mobs in free PVP zones never cause XP loss if that is what you are worried about. It is now impossible to lose XP in SP (which was not true before the change to free PVP).

If you had experience with mobs in DT, Warsong, old Rebirth, or the Cube you'd know this.
    Jungle Ruins is forced PVP too technically but they made a safe zone that covers the entire instance lol.

I really dont think you are catching on the the point being shown... having a mob help another pvp player killing you is not desired. a lvl 30 mob vs a lvl 70 mob makes a bigger difference in the help another player gets when fighting PVP. And has anyone checked to see if a mob in the pvp zone that kills you does not cause xp loss? I dont think many PVP players commenting here have actually CHECKED.

This would be why the programmers made their blunder here under the guise they would be making an entrance to a full free PVP zone. Instead the programmer changed the code to SP making a blunder to the game equal to New Coke or GAP's errors in thinking they know what their player base wants in game play.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options

If that's the case then why are the PVP people complaining about Sadistic Glee if they won't lose any xp to the mobs in it? Also the other day I managed to get by the pvp'ers in the first room flying and was killed by a demonfire after flying low enough to get thru the hallway(towards Qinzi). I was still flying when I died and had to use the return to city(if i'd known this might be a glitch I would have SS'ed it). I flew thru the hall and to the left and up to try to out distance the mobs range before I died, and I'm giving all this info in case anyone else wants to try to replicate it. Also while I did have to use the return to city option, I didn't check my xp so I can't verify if I did or did not lose xp(again didn't think twice about it).

Also I knew the Cube, but did not know that was a guaranteed rule for all free PVP zones.

I will send in a ticket asking about this.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    According to some people it was perfectly fine and wouldn't cause any problem at all.
    They say developer are genius, simply brilliant that unfortunately ended up working as this game developer.
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    According to some people it was perfectly fine and wouldn't cause any problem at all.
    They say developer are genius, simply brilliant that unfortunately ended up working as this game developer.
    b:thanks

Actually, I never said that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Actually, I never said that.

Not you. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People keep talking like xp(for those who haven't been corrected)/time is the only thing a person is afraid of losing in SP. Plenty of PVE'ers use either the quest reward charms or they buy HP/MP charms so they die less. Those are ticked everytime you get killed in SP as a high level(who also get the free tideborn charm) helping a lowbie or a low level(whose quest charms are usually only 10-30K HP or MP. There's more being lost in SP then time for many PVE'ers.
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My Name is Tsamaris
    To the person that said that this is no big deal and that there is other stuff that needs to be deal with other than then this. R u spunned or something, Secrete passage has quest that r needed in there and i can not do them with out being killed and u r saying it is no big deal other than time . Have u lost a few bricks upstairs or what as soon as u get inside u get pked and have no chance of doing these quest at anygi8ven time. I think this is very much inportant to people that play the game for fun. So I suggest that u rethink ur thinking patterns out again. as for the others saying u can not get killed if u r under that persons lvl i think u need to relook at this once again for my son was way undfer the lvl of the person and died. AS I HAVE STATED THE ANGER THAT I HAVE WITH THIS POLICY OF PVP IN SECTRET PASSASGE ANF STICKING TO IT.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wish more of the people who are for this change and in favor of a PVP instance would come out to vote in this poll because if this is IT who favor the new change... it really points out how much of a BLUNDER the developers made with their choice in this change.
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    By the way i forgot to tell u that ppl in the sp r now charging for a person to stay alive in sp passage a huge amount so far ht got hit with this and other servers want to follow sute to this of Charging in game coin for the person to saty alive and do the quest . I think this whole thing od sp is way outy of hand when u need to pay for ur safty in dooing tha needed quest in sp sound like a MOB thing in rl where u pay to keep ur store or home safe u need to pay the ppl that deal the crime to keep u safe how retarted is this that ppl in sp r now following this pattern of charging a person to pass sp so that will not get pked in there while doing there quest what has PWI head hochos say to this .b:angry