How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It is there choice I completely agree. They can choose to not go in Secret Passage. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Yes everyone can choose. Now how about all you pkers choose not to pk in secret passage.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yes Everyone Can Choose. Now How About All You Pkers Choose Not To Pk In Secret Passage.b:bye

lol +1
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm guessing the SP quests will be quests I never get the chance to do since I have never enjoyed PvP...hence the reason i joined a PvE server. Call me a QQ whatever that means in leet speek, so be it. Sadly, I was enjoying the game, but my idea of fun is questing, meeting nice people, and not being a non-PK getting killed by a pseudo-not good enough for a PvP server PK because I want to complete quests...well, its just not my style. I think i will do what i can in the game and just not buy anymore zen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So after years of QQing for endgame activity on PvE servers, apparently all of you would rather get rid of this nice zone we've gotten to save about 4 or 5 noob quests, at a stage when their number of quests is infinite....

I am disappointed.

It just goes to prove you didnt WANT endgame material you just wanted a place to harass other players. Some of us still ENJOY those noob quests D.A. What a pathetic LOSER. Its all just ME ME ME ME ME. This isnt endgame material... this is some jerk programmer who BLUNDERED **** up the code and suddenly you are doing what you can do on countless other games which is shoot up other people after paying for your gear. Its funny as YOU see this as actual END GAME materal. Speaks to your intelligence.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes everyone can choose. Now how about all you pkers choose not to pk in secret passage.b:bye

+1
    I seriously wish some people would stop being such aholes and let the low levels do quests.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This thread makes me laugh on so many different levels, I don't even know where to begin.

Thanks for the good laugh.

Please, continue with the butthurtedness. b:pleased

You used to lose two dolls when you died in torney... did they fix that?

If you double die then you lose dolls, but otherwise you won't.

I still see the main opposition of SP PvP are people saying they didn't hit the PK button and still getting PKed. Okay that makes sense, and I agree with that reasoning, but why only SP?

My main problem is the logic of why SP is the only instance where it shouldn't be allowed; but Cube, DT, Tournament, Blood Arena, Rebirth, Warsong TW, PWIC PvPing are acceptable. If it was consistent across the board then I would understand and agree, but for only this one instance? Nope. It's two-faced to say it's unacceptable in one area, but acceptable everywhere else. I just can't see how people can oppose one instance but support the others, it should be all or nothing in my opinion.

For example if PvErs are fine with paying the do-all cards in room 14/34 they should be fine paying the illusion stone fee for 5k in fb29 too. Or if it was agreed upon they should both be free, but it should be consistently applied if it is to be a solution in my opinion.

If someone wishes to answer this for me with some sound logic that would be much appreciated. Not the required baloney because nothing's ever required, not even the PvP there; but it's a preference, so there's a difference. It's a preference because it saves GAs and no chance to drop gear inside whereas west gate, silver pool, hidden orchid, orchid temple all have actual loss behind it. No one is articulating that the PvP inside SP is required, just merely a preference.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you double die then you lose dolls, but otherwise you won't.

I still see the main opposition of SP PvP are people saying they didn't hit the PK button and still getting PKed. Okay that makes sense, and I agree with that reasoning, but why only SP?

My main problem is the logic of why SP is the only instance where it shouldn't be allowed; but Cube, DT, Tournament, Blood Arena, Rebirth, Warsong TW, PWIC PvPing are acceptable. If it was consistent across the board then I would understand and agree, but for only this one instance? Nope. It's two-faced to say it's unacceptable in one area, but acceptable everywhere else. I just can't see how people can oppose one instance but support the others, it should be all or nothing in my opinion.

For example if PvErs are fine with paying the do-all cards in room 14/34 they should be fine paying the illusion stone fee for 5k in fb29 too. Or if it was agreed upon they should both be free, but it should be consistently applied if it is to be a solution in my opinion.

If someone wishes to answer this for me with some sound logic that would be much appreciated. Not the required baloney because nothing's ever required, not even the PvP there; but it's a preference, so there's a difference. It's a preference because it saves GAs and no chance to drop gear inside whereas west gate, silver pool, hidden orchid, orchid temple all have actual loss behind it. No one is articulating that the PvP inside SP is required, just merely a preference.

What do you consider a required part of the game, if not the cultivation? ?Just curious. Nothing in this game is required, that doesn't mean players shouldn't be able to play the game the way that was advertised and is still broadcast as being in the user interface itself. It says you can't be PKed under level 30, people 29 and below (which is the level range you get your first sp quest) aren't even able to enter the cube or any of those other instances that you named. Your first quest to kill qingzi, you can't even stone in you are too low level. Besides that, it's more as though everyone should be able to complete their characters including finishing the story of the game and getting all of their skills, regardless of another players preferences. PK in SP prevents that. Just because something is acceptable in one place, doesn't mean it's appropriate in another place and that's not hypocritical at all.

For example, it wouldn't be appropriate to take off your shirt and change to a different one at the middle of the parent teacher conference in front of everyone at an elementary school but people are able to wear less clothing at a beach and little kids run around there all the time. It's not hypocritical at all. Whenever people are spending money, there should be some kind of structure so that other people can't just run around ruining their fun because that's whats fun to them. In this game, that means making it so that new players have a place they can learn their characters before they are subjected to being harassed by older players. Once you get high enough level to know what is and isn't required, and what to do if you encounter X situation then if you choose to go into one of those other instances even knowing that PvP is the whole point then you know what your signing yourself up for. SP was such an instance that even on the PvP servers people went in there all the time that were blue named. That shouldn't be taken from them because some older players want somewhere to PK, when there are so many other instances on the map they could have chosen where their fun wouldn't have ruined a new players fun and wouldn't have violated what it says right on their user interface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What do you consider a required part of the game, if not the cultivation? ?Just curious. Nothing in this game is required, that doesn't mean players shouldn't be able to play the game the way that was advertised and is still broadcast as being in the user interface itself. It says you can't be PKed under level 30, people 29 and below (which is the level range you get your first sp quest) aren't even able to enter the cube or any of those other instances that you named. Your first quest to kill qingzi, you can't even stone in you are too low level. Besides that, it's more as though everyone should be able to complete their characters including finishing the story of the game and getting all of their skills, regardless of another players preferences. PK in SP prevents that. Just because something is acceptable in one place, doesn't mean it's appropriate in another place and that's not hypocritical at all.

For example, it wouldn't be appropriate to take off your shirt and change to a different one at the middle of the parent teacher conference in front of everyone at an elementary school but people are able to wear less clothing at a beach and little kids run around there all the time. It's not hypocritical at all. Whenever people are spending money, there should be some kind of structure so that other people can't just run around ruining their fun because that's whats fun to them. In this game, that means making it so that new players have a place they can learn their characters before they are subjected to being harassed by older players. Once you get high enough level to know what is and isn't required, and what to do if you encounter X situation then if you choose to go into one of those other instances even knowing that PvP is the whole point then you know what your signing yourself up for. SP was such an instance that even on the PvP servers people went in there all the time that were blue named. That shouldn't be taken from them because some older players want somewhere to PK, when there are so many other instances on the map they could have chosen where their fun wouldn't have ruined a new players fun and wouldn't have violated what it says right on their user interface.

Psy and Sin gets Weapon token at level 20, which is in... FB29. You are disallowed to use the teleport to get into the instance, so you have to run in. Suddenly, there's no way at all to get your first weapon token until level 29, when you can teleport in using the stone, because someone's gonna PK you.

Unless you do as all of the griefers suggest and just trash the first weapon token quest...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Think Deception teleport is lvl 21+.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2011

Weapon Token is for level 19. Why should they have to wait on a PvE server to complete a low level quest when the user interface tells them they cant be killed by other players until level 30?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Weapon Token is for level 19. Why should they have to wait on a PvE server to complete a low level quest when the user interface tells them they cant be killed by other players until level 30?

Weapon token is actually level 20.

Find me a quest inside SP itself, that you can get before lvl 30.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011

What level is the quest to kill the mobs by the earth chest for the pendant? I recall doing it at level 27-28. I also recall trashing it because they wouldn't drop the ****ing thing.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Traitor's quest for Crimson Pendant is level 38+. You can't even fight Ancient Evils at 2x - they're lvl 39.
  • rainscleric
    rainscleric Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kyrinrayne wrote: »
    Honestly while I feel having PVP in SP creates a laser tag type environment for those that enjoy pvp for those of us who don't pvp this rule stinks.

At least allow those of us who have no wish to participate in pvp to not be attack & killed. I resent the fact you are forcing us to have to deal with someone else's idea of fun. I love to quest with my friends & don't want to pvp ever. So now I won't be able to do bounties in SP without paying extra funds to get there while those who PVP get a free area to kill each other. Thanks loads.

Why on earth have the PK button if you force everyone whether they click on it or not to be on PK mode?
    And what of those people that pked in SP before the rule was changed?

Please fix the system so those of us who do NOT want to pk can be allowed to enjoy our game while still allowing those that enjoy PK to enjoy theirs. Ensure that only those folks that click the PK button will be subjected to PK environment.
    Leave the rest of us who enjoy questing & spending time with our friends alone.

Thanks
    Mer

EXACTLY!b:surrender
    edited September 2011

Last I checked level 20 is not level 21 nor level 30. Now, tell me one good reason a level 21 should have to leave flag hill/OT/SP area and teleport back to archo just so they can teleport inside the instance using the illusion stone? One good reason that PK should be there messing with the low levels instead of say the arena or sadistic glee?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    If you can't get the quest for Archosaur Teleport after at least lvl 21, then you've died a LOT to mobs as a lowbie and deserve to be stuck at your home city instead. Forever.
    edited September 2011
    If you can't get the quest for Archosaur Teleport after at least lvl 21, then you've died a LOT to mobs as a lowbie and deserve to be stuck at your home city instead. Forever.

This right there is the exact mentality that is wrong with having PK in SP. A lot of people make errors with stat points and such when they first start the game. My first blademaster had wasted points in mana because I thought it would be important, so I was putting a point in every other level. Not everyone learns right away about the guides or things like that. Who are you to tell other people they don't deserve to play the game because they die a lot at low levels? And I am honestly confused about what you mean when you say that they can't reach archosaur. There ability to do so has never been in debate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Tideborn have 2 quest weapons aside from Weapon Token that they get to pull through 2x. If they MUST get the Weapon Token one, then they're spoiled enough to go CS or get one from AH. In case you have forgotten, everyone else from the original classes seemed content with their trial weps.

Not a huge deal to wait 1 lvl.

Also, your mana BM would have fared worse against the 2x quests west of Arch. There would be no point to continuing it. If you made a thread on forums asking for advice, 9/10 people would have told you to re-roll right there.
    edited September 2011
    Tideborn have 2 quest weapons aside from Weapon Token that they get to pull through 2x. If they MUST get the Weapon Token one, then they're spoiled enough to go CS or get one from AH. In case you have forgotten, everyone else from the original classes seemed content with their trial weps.

Not a huge deal to wait 1 lvl.

Also, your mana BM would have fared worse against the 2x quests west of Arch. There would be no point to continuing it. If you made a thread on forums asking for advice, 9/10 people would have told you to re-roll right there.

Because 10 points in mana would be the end of the world for a blademaster? LOL even useless skills like blessings of the purehearted work just fine against mobs at that level. And the whole point of weapon token is to avoid the cash shop.

And it still doesn't change the fact that Perfect World Entertainment is LYING About how the game works RIGHT IN THE USER INTERFACE and then taking peoples money, whether or not you think they need the weapon token or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just thought of a awesome way to fix this on PvE server b:avoid just make it so anyone that attacks a blue name in SP automatically die, drop all the items they have worn/inventory and all bound items be destroyed b:chuckle

also do it in a hidden update in the next maintenance so we know exactly who the people that enjoy killing blue names/low lvls are b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Because 10 points in mana would be the end of the world for a blademaster? LOL even useless skills like blessings of the purehearted work just fine against mobs at that level. And the whole point of weapon token is to avoid the cash shop.

And it still doesn't change the fact that Perfect World Entertainment is LYING About how the game works RIGHT IN THE USER INTERFACE and then taking peoples money, whether or not you think they need the weapon token or not.

If that is the case, then there would have been no reason for you to have died a lot. At any rate, the 2x quests outside of Arch is MUCH, MUCH worse than the home city quests.

How are they lying? Open PK =/= Instance PK, that was Dan's argument all along.
    edited September 2011
    just thought of a awesome way to fix this on PvE server b:avoid just make it so anyone that attacks a blue name in SP automatically die, drop all the items they have worn/inventory and all bound items be destroyed b:chuckle

also do it in a hidden update in the next maintenance so we know exactly who the people that enjoy killing blue names/low lvls are b:thanks

That's a little extremeb:chuckle But it would only ending up harming innocent high levels who are aoeing other high level opponents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That's a little extremeb:chuckle But it would only ending up harming innocent high levels who are aoeing other high level opponents.

aww guess your right b:cry just best to move it out of SP or make blue names immune unless they enter pk mode like it should be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    If that is the case, then there would have been no reason for you to have died a lot. At any rate, the 2x quests outside of Arch is MUCH, MUCH worse than the home city quests.

Well, I didn't die a lot. But other people could have easily made similar mistakes with the damage much worse than 10 points in mana on a bm. The point is, just because a low level dies a lot doesn't mean they don't deserve to play the game. There is a good chance they will get better as they play more and start getting advice from other players/reading the guides, etc. They go into sp, with these harder mobs and learn from their mistakes, learn how instances really work, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • thebluebeast
    thebluebeast Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Wrong u cant stone in with 20, not with 21 oh and not with 29... funny eh? Requiered lvl is 35...
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't always PK, but when I do, I prefer Secret Passage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't always PK, but when I do, I prefer Secret Passage.

I remember plenty of 7x-8x PvP there and farming lowbies who went white-name. Good times... :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Wrong u cant stone in with 20, not with 21 oh and not with 29... funny eh? Requiered lvl is 35...

Silence noob. My lvl 22 alt just entered for 5k.

Funny eh?
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Be realistic nothing will changed. PWI dont listen to what you say, they only listen to our actions ingame.

Some say "we dont want this enforced pvp" but the statistics say people kill each other like mad. People say they stop cs or leave or protest but statistics say, player numbers are stable , cashflow is the same so its all right, no need to change anything.

Statistics prove there is a desire for pvp and they deliverd. I pity people playing on pve servers, to get worked up over such a little instance while on a pvp server you can be killed everywhere anytime. When i started with pwi i died over a hundred times doing the secret passage quests and the quests around hidden orchid. AT LEAST 100 Times. So what, i still play the game.

Just accept it nothing will be changed back
    I hate Room 38
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Silence noob. My lvl 22 alt just entered for 5k.

Funny eh?

I think you can stone in at 20-21 (didn't even check link), but thing is that fearsome toomstone mob near the spawn point, if agros a under lvl 29, could very well one-shot him/her if not charmed..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle