PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the comment about the cube pk QQing. lets face it this community is going to QQ about something. they always have always will. this is just another change in the system that some are going to hate and some are going to enjoy and both parties of the argument are going to have to either learn to live with it or move on.

i'm trying to make sense of this as best i can... so far, all i can parse it into is "because someone will always complain about something, no complaint will ever be valid and we can just ignore every complaint".
    i still do find it quite funny that all this abuse in pk be it cube or secret passage seems to be coming from the PvE servers.

well duh. those are the only ones with people on them who DO NOT WANT TO PK OR BE PK'D. you lot signed up for it, you're getting what you wanted, so why should you complain? why is that so damn hard for you guys to understand?
    You can't even drop stuff as a blue name in Secret Passage, why are people still moaning about dying in there? You can just lure Silver Frost to safe zone.

sure you can lure silver frost. all you have to do is get past the main force of the PKers... TWICE, once with a boss in tow. good luck with that, to most of us; i'll not bother ever even trying, because gearing my char up with the sort of equipment and genies that would call for? is NOT why i rolled on a PvE server. if i'd wanted to do that sort of thing i'd not be on heaven's tear in the first place, and i'd have no more reason to complain than StormChimera.
    I could understand if there was actually something at stake to lose by dying in there, but there isn't.

you spent the time, effort, and (i presume) money required to get to 105... and yet you value other people's time and effort at exactly zero, such that having it randomly wasted by others is of no significance to you and you do not even think it ought to be significant to THEM, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Great call, PWI. Wonderful implementation. b:thanks
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Laonna - Raging Tide
    Laonna - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the comment about the cube pk QQing. lets face it this community is going to QQ about something. they always have always will. this is just another change in the system that some are going to hate and some are going to enjoy and both parties of the argument are going to have to either learn to live with it or move on.

i still do find it quite funny that all this abuse in pk be it cube or secret passage seems to be coming from the PvE servers. i never hear any one complain about it from the PvP servers and we have people who do not enjoy rpk just as much as PvE servers

what a stupid comment.... those who join PvP servers (whether they like it or not) should expect to be PKed. hence the name PvP server.
  • Mecatl - Heavens Tear
    Mecatl - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So my question is could PWE still enforce no PKing/griefing the low level players in SP? Even though frankie got the official word from China. I know the game has changed and people power level their characters but there are some people who like to do all their quests.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i'm trying to make sense of this as best i can... so far, all i can parse it into is "because someone will always complain about something, no complaint will ever be valid and we can just ignore every complaint".

well duh. those are the only ones with people on them who DO NOT WANT TO PK OR BE PK'D. you lot signed up for it, you're getting what you wanted, so why should you complain? why is that so damn hard for you guys to understand?

]

1) no i'm not saying every complaint is going to be ignored i'm just saying this is just another topic in a long line of people picking something to complain about.

2) and yes we signed up for PvP but you people on PvE servers act like just because we went to a pvp server we are fine with being camped even as a blue name. what i was saying is we don't have people camping Secret Passage like you guys do. I was blue name during all this and i did shade eido, demonic hellflames, wheel of earth and fb29 during all this and i got pk'ed once during that time. i came back told the sin i was questing and got left alone. i stated in an earlier post i mentioned questing to the pkers there once before and was helped on shade eido. it seems to be YOUR servers that are abusing everything and hassling every one yet its always OUR servers that get made out to be blood thirsty pkers
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Isn't it obvious what PWE is trying to get people to do here? If not here is a little preview. http://www.pwcalc.com/68b392269d383e5c b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Laonna - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1) no i'm not saying every complaint is going to be ignored i'm just saying this is just another topic in a long line of people picking something to complain about.

2) and yes we signed up for PvP but you people on PvE servers act like just because we went to a pvp server we are fine with being camped even as a blue name. what i was saying is we don't have people camping Secret Passage like you guys do. I was blue name during all this and i did shade eido, demonic hellflames, wheel of earth and fb29 during all this and i got pk'ed once during that time. i came back told the sin i was questing and got left alone. i stated in an earlier post i mentioned questing to the pkers there once before and was helped on shade eido. it seems to be YOUR servers that are abusing everything and hassling every one yet its always OUR servers that get made out to be blood thirsty pkers

yet another stupid comment.... we aint complaining about PvP servers. if you read carefully we are complaining about the PKers on the PvE servers. omg is it just me or was someone hit by the stupid bus?
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The only problem I see here is Silver Frost.
    Unlike Cube room #38, which I believe was fully intentional to make you travel through a PK zone to complete as part of the challenge, Silver Frost was never designed this way and is part of a Chrono Quest people will want to do.
    Aside from that boss being moved out, and really you could put it anywhere, I don't see much else wrong with this.
    And it gives another free zone for people who don't want to open world PK a chance to play without risk.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Isn't it obvious what PWE is trying to get people to do here? If not here is a little preview. http://www.pwcalc.com/68b392269d383e5c b:laugh

That's pro. Sadly still a oneshot.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why don't you just get some friends in big factions to help? If you still don't have any connection on your server, then you won't exactly get your high level culti done either. What with the TT runs and RBs and ****.

All I would have to do is PM a few people, and SP would be dominated. They'd pave a path of blood and bodies for my little alt to tread on alllll the way to that wolf. Then they'd 1 shot it. For me.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yet another stupid comment.... we aint complaining about PvP servers. if you read carefully we are complaining about the PKers on the PvE servers. omg is it just me or was someone hit by the stupid bus?

yet another stupid reply.

the main complaints here are that people 29 and lower who need mobs and quests inside Sp can no longer do them because they are being pked as blue names.

HELLO we have blue names on PvP servers too and guess what that can now be pked in Sp just like on a pve server shocking aint it.

the few that arnt complaining about low lvls are the ones who complain about Silverfrost who i agree should be moved to a different location
    edited September 2011
    Options
    2) and yes we signed up for PvP but you people on PvE servers act like just because we went to a pvp server we are fine with being camped even as a blue name. what i was saying is we don't have people camping Secret Passage like you guys do.

we didn't use to have anybody camping SP on our servers --- because it didn't use to be possible. which is what one might EXPECT of a PvE server, ijs.

signing up for a this-kind-of-game (pve) then having a bait and switch pulled and actually getting handed a that-kind-of-game (pvp) instead? yeah, that makes people complain. people are funny that way.

frankly, i'd be complaining about the SP being PK-enabled even if there were never a single player in it at all, because having random bits of the server turned randomly PvP for no reason is NOT what i expect or want on a PvE server. i ordered a BLT, now i'm being handed a sh.t sandwich --- why should i not complain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why don't you just get some friends in big factions to help? If you still don't have any connection on your server, then you won't exactly get your high level culti done either. What with the TT runs and RBs and ****.

All I would have to do is PM a few people, and SP would be dominated. They'd pave a path of blood and bodies for my little alt to tread on alllll the way to that wolf. Then they'd 1 shot it. For me.

So what you're saying is, now people will start WC "Bodyguard services for SP - 800K!"?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

low level cap arenas would be amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

All I would have to do is PM a few people, and SP would be dominated. They'd pave a path of blood and bodies for my little alt to tread on alllll the way to that wolf or shade or whatever the **** I want. Then they'd 1 shot it. For me.

A new player isn't going to have a big faction of friends, I reached level 20 in a few hours the old fashioned way. The only friends I had were other level 20s doing the same quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sure you can lure silver frost. all you have to do is get past the main force of the PKers... TWICE, once with a boss in tow. good luck with that, to most of us; i'll not bother ever even trying, because gearing my char up with the sort of equipment and genies that would call for? is NOT why i rolled on a PvE server. if i'd wanted to do that sort of thing i'd not be on heaven's tear in the first place, and i'd have no more reason to complain than StormChimera.

you spent the time, effort, and (i presume) money required to get to 105... and yet you value other people's time and effort at exactly zero, such that having it randomly wasted by others is of no significance to you and you do not even think it ought to be significant to THEM, either.

You value PvPer's on any server's time and effort at exactly zero. You honestly think PKers wait in the same spot for several hours especially on a PvE server to pinch out some lowbies at precisely the 5 minutes of time they spend in there out of thousands of hours? That defeats the purpose of effort being put into PvP on a PvE server in the first place.

By that logic PvPers do not do anything else in the game besides camp. PvPers waste 10,000 times more time than a person going to town for 30 seconds after dying. Apparently people on PvE servers view PvPers as people who are dedicated and hard core enough wait for hours to kill a person.

The reason why it isn't significant to me is that for every 30 seconds a noob dies and goes to town, a PvPer would have to wait for hours just to kill someone. Clearly you did not think this through yourself the multiplied effort a PvPer would need to maintain to get the gratification of one kill... Do you think PvPers think it's worth it to wait hours for a kill? You're delusional. The time someone would have to wait killing someone in a PvE server would have already granted them the ability to re-roll a PvP server.

I PvP a lot myself, but when I PvP, I go where the PvP is at. Silver Frost is where the PvE is at, so it makes no sense to look there. The PvP zones are west arch and silver pool for the most part.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So what you're saying is, now people will start WC "Bodyguard services for SP - 800K!"?

if various random Enragers aren't already doing that, they will be by the time this comment gets posted on the forum server. i'd bet on it.
  • Laonna - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yet another stupid reply.

the main complaints here are that people 29 and lower who need mobs and quests inside Sp can no longer do them because they are being pked as blue names.

HELLO we have blue names on PvP servers too and guess what that can now be pked in Sp just like on a pve server shocking aint it.

the few that arnt complaining about low lvls are the ones who complain about Silverfrost who i agree should be moved to a different location

okee so then if you dont want to be PKed then why join a PvP server? oooh wait... yes now i remember... because PvE servers are um.... not fun without PKers....
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if various random Enragers aren't already doing that, they will be by the time this comment gets posted on the forum server. i'd bet on it.

I should have never said a word b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

Nope, what I'm saying is get to know people. You can't advance in this game without having a good network anyway.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1. Why not use the arenas so all aren't forced into this and harrassed when they try to help others.

2. How are my alts supposed to ever finish level 100 spiritual cultivation without killing Silver Frost? Answer that please.

3. Except those with the weapon token quest, as they are too low to teleport in.

Flawed reasoning.

1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at (Edit: 20), right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    we didn't use to have anybody camping SP on our servers --- because it didn't use to be possible. which is what one might EXPECT of a PvE server, ijs.

signing up for a this-kind-of-game (pve) then having a bait and switch pulled and actually getting handed a that-kind-of-game (pvp) instead? yeah, that makes people complain. people are funny that way.

frankly, i'd be complaining about the SP being PK-enabled even if there were never a single player in it at all, because having random bits of the server turned randomly PvP for no reason is NOT what i expect or want on a PvE server. i ordered a BLT, now i'm being handed a sh.t sandwich --- why should i not complain?

i admit its kinda messed up to have it enabled on pve server i'm not arguing that. i came from a pve server but mainly cause i did not know the difference back then. but i'm sure there is pkers even on HT that enjoy an instance now where they don't have to wait 10 hours to go blue name and now they do not risk getting pk hours or dropping items.

as for low levels being Pked i'm against it tbh and if i run through there on my seeker and i see people killing the blue names on LC i attack them, hell i aint got nothing to lose since i can't drop and there is a slight chance i might win and be able to get the lowbies to where they need before the person comes back. i just can't believe its that bad on a pve server when its not even a factor on a server where you expect people to do it
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You value PvPer's on any server's time and effort at exactly zero. You honestly think PKers wait in the same spot for several hours to pinch out some lowbies at precisely the 5 minutes of time they spend in there out of thousands of hours?

if i were ASKING those PvP'ers to spend (waste) their time in that manner, THEN i would be valuing their time and effort at zero. but i'm not doing that.

you, however, claimed PvE'ers do not stand to lose anything from getting PK'd in SP. incorrect: they lose the time it took them to attempt to get through, the time it will take them to make another attempt if they choose to try again, and the effort to actually make all these attempts --- and you claim that losing those is "nothing".

i don't know what PvP'ers stand to lose or gain by camping the SP, or any other location. yet they demonstrably do camp. perhaps THEY value their time at zero; i could not say, since i don't even want to understand their motivations.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nope, what I'm saying is get to know people. You can't advance in this game without having a good network anyway.

Ah, but that's a tricky part for someone who is fresh in the game and their group of friends consists of the person who got them into the game, and perhaps the people in their guild. Being in Heaven's Tear for as long as I've been playing, I can tell you befriending high enough, good enough players to assist you in completing low level quests when you're a nobody in this game is damn near impossible.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have been seeing PWI deteriorate over the last 2 years with all the class imbalancing and powerleveling, but this takes the cake in terms of stupidity.

PvE servers and Blue named players should not be subjected to Pking in quest areas. This is going to help kill off new players in the game which ultimately means that the game will die as existing players leave. Many new players like to explore and follow the quests in turn as they come up on the list.

It shows how out of touch the PWE management is. They screwed up the coding and rather than fixing it and giving people a proper place to practice PvP like the original 2008 Arena (if PWIC is their lame reasoning, then an Arena and FORCED same level restrictions, APS caps etc. should be in place. Then skills alone would be the factor.)

Instead they take the easy route, give official sanction to stealth and kill losers.

If they want to do this on a PvP server fine, but on a PvE server, this is just plain STUPID. b:angry
    edited September 2011
    Options
    okee so then if you dont want to be PKed then why join a PvP server? oooh wait... yes now i remember... because PvE servers are um.... not fun without PKers....

so what is the difference between a low lvl blue name on a pve server and a low lvl blue name on a pvp server.

both can not be touched in open world pvp.

both have exact same quests inside secret passage.

the only difference is one turns white name at lvl 30 while the other has an option to do so.

your valuing one lvl 2x time and effort over anothers just because one agree'ed to go white name at level 30. Level 30 being the key there not lvl 20. no blue name on PvP servers signed up to be pk'ed untill lvl 30 at 1-29 its exact same as pve
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

i'd prefer it if you were at least some brain, too.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A new player isn't going to have a big faction of friends, I reached level 20 in a few hours the old fashioned way. The only friends I had were other level 20s doing the same quest.

but by the time you do Silverfrost, the only necessary quest in there, you want a party of people anyway. I sure hope someone in that party knows someone in a big TW fac who knows others who like to PK.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ah, but that's a tricky part for someone who is fresh in the game and their group of friends consists of the person who got them into the game, and perhaps the people in their guild. Being in Heaven's Tear for as long as I've been playing, I can tell you befriending high enough, good enough players to assist you in completing low level quests when you're a nobody in this game is damn near impossible.

i'm friends with Almon a R9 BM from ChinaTown one of the land owning factions on Lost City. the character he knows me best on is lvl 38 (being this wizard) i met him at lvl 20. all it takes is be social. if your to bored with quests find where people group together (like west gate pk on Lost city) sit down and chat. It's what i did and now if i had trouble with ChinaTown in Sp i could probably just pm Almon since his director and ask if he could give a msg to faction to let me pass and good chance ill get an ok
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So my question is could PWE still enforce no PKing/griefing the low level players in SP? Even though frankie got the official word from China. I know the game has changed and people power level their characters but there are some people who like to do all their quests.

They can not enforce anything in this game. GMs would have to actually play the game to do that. THe age to play this game should be 21 considering some of the world chat content on Heavens Tear and they supposedly ban people for offensive language. If Howard Stern read some of Heavens Tear's world chat he would find new material more raunchy than anything he has done to date.
This discussion has been closed.