Small change to 5.0

Options

Comments

• LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well then Im going for full STR 5.0 unsparked HA sin
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1688441&extra=page%3D1&page=260
    Here people "with love" talk about new changes. In this continues it is the perfect suicide -- how one guy from CH said.
    I hope Frankie can do something to them , so we skip this update on our version.
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's not about attack rate, the main damage increase from perma-sparking was being SPARKED all the time.

Was it OP? You tell me. A +5 Lunar Claw at perma-spark was more DPS than a +12 second cast bow.

That said, this hurts people with moderate gear.

Well-geared squads can still wipe a boss in 2 spark cycles or less. It's the crappily-geared people that this hurts once again - more getting sealed by Nirv bosses, more getting ***** by TT bosses, more time spent for the same loot in general. Prices are not going to rise, because the well-geared farmers are still going to do almost as well.

IMO this brings good and bad, but they should really have just changed PvE around instead.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's not about attack rate, the main damage increase from perma-sparking was being SPARKED all the time.

Was it OP? You tell me. A +5 Lunar Claw at perma-spark was more DPS than a +12 second cast bow.

That said, this hurts people with moderate gear.

Well-geared squads can still wipe a boss in 2 spark cycles or less. It's the crappily-geared people that this hurts once again - more getting sealed by Nirv bosses, more getting ***** by TT bosses, more time spent for the same loot in general. Prices are not going to rise, because the well-geared farmers are still going to do almost as well.

IMO this brings good and bad, but they should really have just changed PvE around instead.

Assuming this comes through tho, you cant assume Nirvana bosses will keep their seals, or that attack skills wont get their base damage increased (Say a flat 10% across the board for melee, more for bow skills) or any other kind of balence.

~Basically, we get Caster Nirvana, reduced intervel dependency on R9 gear, potential loss of permaspark (Which WILL hurt Sins, theyl lose the ability to self amp / PowerDash if they want to stay sparked, or they wont be sparked very much if they save their skills for bursts (I.E save til CD / 399 chi - Spark - RDS - SubSea - IH - PowerDash - Auto)).

IF we get this, id expect more nerfing to come our way as well. PW developers have a penchant for failure, but they have shown some consistancy in following through with the changes they do make. (Bloodpaint duration, Triple Spark in Stealth, Cast Cancelling etc).
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thats another thing gonna make it into a spark,chi skill, spark thing an no more using skills like sub sea or hf etc.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thats another thing gonna make it into a spark,chi skill, spark thing an no more using skills like sub sea or hf etc.

I dont think so. It would promote learning how to play, so you timed everything together properly. PErmaspark is just ****ing lazy, adding PowerDash or HEavens Flame in did not make it less so.
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lols so timing my spark, chi gain, hf cool down, genie regen, an er1 else's spark along wit random seals from bosses witch stops me from getting chi takes no skill? lols play a bm an learn wat it means 2 multi task

o yeah...an if i dont get chi during spark i can say good bye to spark period.... spark cloud eruption hf... sin sparks again an im supposed 2 hf...but wait ..no chi from spark... srry sin mayb next time u spark ill have hf rdy...dat is if i dont spark myself
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lols so timing my spark, chi gain, hf cool down, genie regen, an er1 else's spark along wit random seals from bosses witch stops me from getting chi takes no skill? lols play a bm an learn wat it means 2 multi task

o yeah...an if i dont get chi during spark i can say good bye to spark period.... spark cloud eruption hf... sin sparks again an im supposed 2 hf...but wait ..no chi from spark... srry sin mayb next time u spark ill have hf rdy...dat is if i dont spark myself

b:laugh Cos a reliable 30 seconds is easy to time, yes. Counting for the Assassins skills, knowing how lenient they are with their sparks ( You can only really pull a full all out combo every 3 minutes or so, or can permaspark but do comparably awful damage) your act of timing will become hard indeed.

You might even want to have some DDs who hit hard even outside of Heavens Flame and Spark. I forget what they are... They use Bows or Wands or Spheres.......
  • Anelyn - Sanctuary
    Anelyn - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the translate! My reply in yellow.
    真->Real
    Proper incoming translation:

Perfect World will be undergoing Maintenance and Patching on the 2nd of September 8am onwards to introduce new content into the game.Maintenance and Patching works is expected to be around 2 hours.Players please take note and adjust your gaming time.We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope that you understand.

Large Factions Fu Ben(FB)-*Ten Sided Net(罗->Net or Gauze though likely to be Net) of Heavens Array.This FB will have a total of 9stages,accomodating up to 100 people from the same faction to accept this challenge.Factions who own a Faction Base may talk to the Base Manager NPC or the Faction Caretaker NPC to open the FB.Players may only enter if they are above level 80 and have 2000 Faction Reputation to enter this FB.

GASP! A new PVE raid instance? Very nice.

To help players to go through this FB easier,players may talk to the Faction Base NPC ChangBuPuChu(I literally put this in the HanYu PinYin cause I'm extremely unsure what this means) to accept the quest "Blessing of the Divine Warrior"(神助勇者的福音:Technical term that was kinda hard to translate).This quest will give players the God's Blessing buff.While under the effects of this buff,skills will do more damage to the monsters in the FB.This buff will disappear after exiting the FB.

The monsters better be hard if they need a special buff.

The maximum rank of Faction Bases has been increased to 30.Players can now build higher-ranked Base Structures,up to the 8th Rank,allowing them to obtain stronger gear.

About time the faction base limit was raised. Why was there a limit to begin with?

The 3 main races,Humans,Winged Elves and Untamed,will now have Rank 8 Wristguards and Foorwear.Players with Rank 8 can go to Thousand Streams and obtain these new Rank 8 gear.Obtaining those 2 gear for the 1st time will require 100Wedding Candy(喜糖:Assumed to be Wedding Candy due to Wedding being called "喜事") and subsequent attempts will require 1million coins.

I hope they also give the old races cool looking R8.

Materials gathered from the Faction Base will be used to manufacture new Rank 8 gear.Players may talk to the forges near the Faction Catretaker to manufacture these new gear.The new gear can be upgraded via 3 stages:Forging, Ring and Soul Imprinting.(Not too sure for this sentence as the terms are more or less technical:新装备晋级分为三个阶段,分别是:锻造、衔环及魂印).The number of sockets,level of refine and the socketed stones will be retained in the upgrade.

Not sure if I like the idea of recasting R8....

New Rank 9 gear has been introduced.Players with Rank 9 gear can go to Thousand Streams to recast their old gear to the new gear.Recasting the gear will require General Summer's Token.The number of sockets,level of refine and the socketed stones will be retained unconditionally.

Recasting can get pretty annoying. This seems silly.

Perfect World Intertaional Championship Commemoration quest is now open.Players above level 35 can go to South Archosaur daily and talk to Seamless Dreams(梦无痕:This is the literal translation,could be a name.In that case,it would be Meng Wu Heng) to obtain a quest.

I wonder if this lets you get the PWIC gear

After sparking,during the spark bonus period,players will not gain chi via normal attacks.

Big effect on pve gameplay but it's not enough to kill off 5.0 dominance. You'll see more people using chi siphon instead of cloud eruption.

Drop rates for Nirvana(轮回殿副本:Should be referring to Nirvana.Technical term)will be increased if the Nirvana Retun Stamp item is used.

I guess Nirvana is getting obsoleted by R8?

The event "Demon Balance Order"(平妖令:Technical term again) is now closed.

I wonder what this event is all about.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, after this no other class besides sins will be allowed in farming squads. Bms won't be able to get chi enough to be usefull an aps other classes will take such huge hit that they may as well quit. This isn't going to make anything better, an there is no reason to mess with game mechanics like this.
  • wizzie
    wizzie Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it might hurt a soloing demon bm trying to DD... but for a support role HF bm, it really shouldn't matter. You HF, heel (if you're not 4 aps base)... if you spark, that takes away from your HF anyway. While HF is in cooldown, yes, you can probably sneak a spark in there.. and that's where this might hurt a little, but hell... been playing for almost 3 yrs...

What's another few minutes or so in killing a boss?

Most of time I see all theses super 5 aps folks just standing around in archo anyway...
    either comparing who's got bigger balls or trying to flirt with the cute veno... even if the ven prob has bigger... nvm.

So, if you're all so concerned about these lost few minutes of killing time... then go spend more time killing... instead of standing around doing nothing. O.o
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    how does this help the game in any way?

only to satisfy the people who do not want others be able to farm x.x
    i know its the people with only a wizard or true-barb supporting this
    i suggest to try different classes as well, or ask a friend to let you play their 5.0 char...

ive made a sin and a bm (both 5.0 sparked)
    and thought about an archer and barb using the same gear following

ive seen the old times, the times when we did tt1-X in 2 hours with barb tanking
    it SUCKS
    spamming skills on bosses is LAME boring blah blah takes to long anyways
    i hate boss fights as a caster in a lame slow squad, macros randomly stop working and are not very interesting

brainless autospark is more fun imo,
    1. its fast (better for repeating the same thing over and over and over again)
    2. FINGERS WONT HURT like on cleric
    3. "Interrupted" b:angry
    4. trying to time sparks to resist everything predictable (hey always full chi!)

the best fix they could do is simply remove tideborns from this game. dot.
    i would love to see my sin being transformed into another bm, i wouldnt mind
    this would make clerics more valuable and revive PVP
    psy can be transformed into wizard/mystic bleh

again, how does spark-lame-update make this game any better?
    its just SLOW farming and LESS coin for farmers, great! woohoo

more people quitting the game was exactly what we needed
    i like potato
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Didn't we just get caster nirvana? And there's still aps QQ?
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Didn't we just get caster nirvana? And there's still aps QQ?

We get a reasonable chance at Nirvana. Theres still... Pretty much everything else that we arnt wanted for.
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wizzie2 wrote: »
    it might hurt a soloing demon bm trying to DD... but for a support role HF bm, it really shouldn't matter. You HF, heel (if you're not 4 aps base)... if you spark, that takes away from your HF anyway. While HF is in cooldown, yes, you can probably sneak a spark in there.. and that's where this might hurt a little, but hell... been playing for almost 3 yrs...

What's another few minutes or so in killing a boss?

Most of time I see all theses super 5 aps folks just standing around in archo anyway...
    either comparing who's got bigger balls or trying to flirt with the cute veno... even if the ven prob has bigger... nvm.

So, if you're all so concerned about these lost few minutes of killing time... then go spend more time killing... instead of standing around doing nothing. O.o

like i said...ive spent almost a year an a half farming my aps...FARMING...so no im not a cash shopped 4aps base bm...im 4 sparked....so yeah timing my chi gain to hf , my spark an others spark requires thought an some skill and if i dont get chi during spark i wont have the chi i need for hf when the sin (who's permspark isnt effected by sparked chi gain) sparks again

unrelated...only a lil proud of farming my aps instead of just selling gold for it like so many others, and if this isnt implemented during this 2x i should b 5aps sparked b:victory
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wizzie2 wrote: »
    it might hurt a soloing demon bm trying to DD... but for a support role HF bm, it really shouldn't matter. You HF, heel (if you're not 4 aps base)... if you spark, that takes away from your HF anyway.

You been playing this game for nearly 3 years and never heard of Cloud Erupt ?

Aps BM: 3 spark --> C. Erupt --> HF --> auto attack --> 3 spark --> rinse and repeat once HF's cool down ends.

Per above... BM adds his own sparked damage to the rest of the Sins damage with everyone being under HF's double damage amp. Now with auto attack no longer gaining chi like before, good luck trying to repeat that cycle.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So now, if you **** yourself getting GST's, you can have a 5.0 Sage R9 GoF Assassin?

Also, apparently, you can get a 5.0 R8 Seeker.

I wonder how high APS axes will get.

BM's, stop QQing. For ****s sake, if you can't play without glitching CC, and you can only survive by using a spark macro, then why do you play in the first place?

Maybe you should use, you know, HF and GS, and your other multi-spark skills? If you aren't permasparking, you should be able to more-or-less perma-debuff stuff now. Once HF wears off, GS.

And chances are good that this will come here, the Devs apparently (according to PWE) have the final say in this kind of thing. It's vastly different in China, they farm, we cash shop, but the devs haven't twice taken that into consideration (DQ rewards was the once).

People have been wanting a 5.0 fix for a long time now. Well, here it is, and it's going to make Sins more OP, simply because they will still be able to (almost) permaspark. You wanna keep doing your 6 minute Nirvana? You're gonna need to be a 5.0 Sage R9 GoF Sin.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So stupid of a move from pwi trying to get yet more people to quit playing at a time when there is so many new games up coming. Geuss the QQ's will be happy when they are the only ones left playing the game.
    That said this is really only gonna make it so sins dominate the pve side even more.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is interesting, I wonder how it will affect the game should this be implemented.
    I doubt this would make much of a difference, for those that are 5.0 APS that is, but it's nice to see they are taking some sort of action (also seeing the Caster Nirvana).

Honestly, capping APS to 3.33 or so would probably make things worse than the solution they've come up with. I think it is not that bad. I doubt it would be enough of a reason to make people quit unless the said people's life depends on APS so much. Not saying there will be no complaints but I don't expect them to be as much as they would if there was some other solution (like a few rumors that were going on the forums a couple of months ago).

They are probably realizing that APS broke many things in-game and it was a "mistake" they made but they also know nerfing it would bring...chaos. Most likely it took them so long to find a solution (or sort of solution) because they were trying to be careful with it.

Just a theory.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No Reason to do anything about aps at all. There is nothing wrong with it.

There will always be one something that is the best at pve which everyone will flock to, and there is no good reason for the devs to listen to the jealous qq an change the current best.

Most of the poeple who haven't already quit have many characters. Some Aps Some not. Aps does not make it unfair to anyone as they have equal oprotunity to make one themselves an many have.

Just like the current trend is to make a rank 9 alt for tw.

No reason to go changing the way the game works, it is fine the way it is.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So stupid of a move from pwi trying to get yet more people to quit playing at a time when there is so many new games up coming. Geuss the QQ's will be happy when they are the only ones left playing the game.
    That said this is really only gonna make it so sins dominate the pve side even more.

I have a 5aps sin..and im glad a change like this is happening. I don't see why its such a big deal to last a few mins longer to kill a boss in Nirvana/TT with this change...............and if you rely solely on your aps in pvp...maybe you could start using some skills (not refering to you Lora).
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gawd... this wont put you all back as far as you reckon.

You still HAVe your attack speed, you still have your damage during spark. You just cant spark so often. Thats all.

Considering the average endgame includes an R8 weapon nowadays, I DONT think TT is suddenly going to start taking 2 hours again. Itl just take longer than 12 minutes.
  • wizzie
    wizzie Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You been playing this game for nearly 3 years and never heard of Cloud Erupt ?

Aps BM: 3 spark --> C. Erupt --> HF --> auto attack --> 3 spark --> rinse and repeat once HF's cool down ends.

Per above... BM adds his own sparked damage to the rest of the Sins damage with everyone being under HF's double damage amp. Now with auto attack no longer gaining chi like before, good luck trying to repeat that cycle.

That's true, you're right, I was only thinking of HF cooldown time. LOL, and yes, I've heard of Cloud Erupt, never said I didn't. I also apo for chi too when I can.

The main thing is, there was a time before 5 aps... before genies... before rank 8/9 gear. I'm not saying those were better times... but we all survived it. I don't really prefer one or the other. I use what's dealt to me. We all survived in those times, I'm sure we'll survive this too if it's true.

Hey... and if not, there are always other games out there. One or two less aps person isn't going to ruin the game for the rest of us.

VenoMKII is right... it won't set us all back as much as it may look like.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I JUST finished getting my bm its aps gear. Thanks GOD its not bound and **** YOU pw =/

Anyone saying this isn't a giant set back is an idiot, thanks.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I JUST finished getting my bm its aps gear. Thanks GOD its not bound and **** YOU pw =/

Anyone saying this isn't a giant set back is an idiot, thanks.

I see it more as a step forward towards balancing. Even though my 5aps in wont have a perma spark.

And anyone saying that this is a giant set back is an idiot....That's just my opinion, thanks.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its not a "Giant" step back.

Its a bit of a step back for APS based farm ****** but its a step forward for everyone else. Suddenly they dont look so awful in comparison anymore. Still not as good, so you still keep your dominance, but we might be allowed to squeeze in once in a while if you cant find a 5th/6th and APS will likely not be locked to "looking for 4+aps blahblah for xx" it will likely open up to lower aps.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I see it more as a step forward towards balancing. Even though my 5aps in wont have a perma spark.

And anyone saying that this is a giant set back is an idiot....That's just my opinion, thanks.

Sins can still almost perma spark, it's just another nerf for everything except sins. Seriously the dev's are in love with the stupid fish. =/

Its a bit of a step back for APS based farm ****** but its a step forward for everyone else. Suddenly they dont look so awful in comparison anymore. Still not as good, so you still keep your dominance, but we might be allowed to squeeze in once in a while if you cant find a 5th/6th and APS will likely not be locked to "looking for 4+aps blahblah for xx" it will likely open up to lower aps.

lol? if the prices of tt mats doubling for you is a step forward for you then sure. Casters still won't be let into normal nv and tt. This only makes what a squad is looking for even more elite. All sins or 4 aps base bm's.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sins can still almost perma spark, it's just another nerf for everything except sins. Seriously the dev's are in love with the stupid fish. =/

But they cant self amp nor powerdash. They also have to use their intelligence to roll chi around properly.

Hell I was able to permaspark at 1.67 with Cloud Erupt, just about, but even I was getting a decent chunk of chi off of auto attacks. They wont be permasparking much at all.

---
    ITs already that ****ing elite, what planet are you on? It really cant get that much worse.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    But they cant self amp nor powerdash. They also have to use their intelligence to roll chi around properly.

Hell I was able to permaspark at 1.67 with Cloud Erupt, just about, but even I was getting a decent chunk of chi off of auto attacks. They wont be permasparking much at all.

---
    ITs already that ****ing elite, what planet are you on? It really cant get that much worse.

I'm on the planet where 3.33 aps sparked bm's are still let into nv's and tt, which will change after this. Sins don't need chi from normal skills with Rising dragon strike,Inner harmony, cloud eruption. Elite? already? If farming 200m coins is elite for you. But then again it must be tough to farm it on a lvl 23 veno!
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Present: Casters look awful in comparison to APS toons.

Future: Casters and BMS, Barbs and Archers... none of whom have built in chi gaining skills on the level of the fishes... suddenly all look awful in comparison to Sins.

How's that a step forward for everyone else ?

You're trying to tell me this is the best PWI could come up with in trying to balance the classes ? b:puzzled
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm on the planet where 3.33 aps sparked bm's are still let into nv's and tt, which will change after this. Sins don't need chi from normal skills with Rising dragon strike,Inner harmony, cloud eruption. Elite? already? If farming 200m coins is elite for you. But then again it must be tough to farm it on a lvl 23 veno!

Who gives a **** what your aps is if you cant keep it up? Itl meean less, not more.

Actually, they really do. Try it, CE (Very Highregen genie or Str whichever you like)-RDS IH and Tackling will NOT keep you permasparked if you gain 0 chi from autoattacks during the spark b:bye (Well, Sage might just about, with the average chi gain being 2.33 on IH, and a 20% increase on RDS).

Must be tough to farm on a 102 Wizard...? Reading avatars and corefail is so accurate and useful, right?