Small change to 5.0

Options

Comments

• VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wtf are you smoking? gaining chi from attacking is a glitch now?

No, 5 APS was originally "glitch abuse".
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    " Real dollars after the outbreak of the violent attacks on ordinary people during the Yuan Money making people auto-attacking with extra damage during the spark will no longer be their strength.Will no longer gain chi doing so and rage quit"

b:laugh

Amup translate in blue..

Better ?

b:laugh
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

source? Only jealous idiots call it a glitch. Its programmed into the game very intentionally, complete with a cap, -int gear designed to complete it, and everything.

And I always get a kick out of casters who'd like to see aps go away. 3 hour TTs would become the norm, as well as TT gear becoming ridiculously expensive. The same QQers who QQ about aps would then QQ about how the mats they need for TT90/99 now cost 15 times what they used to. Aps benefits you indirectly.

Edit: Wanted to rage more. First, I can totally see aps being reduced as a way to support cash shoppers buying rank gear. No one would farm TT90/99 so you'd be forced to buy rank 6+ instead.

Second, I can agree PW prolly didn't foresee the success of 5 aps damage output. Then again they prolly didn't foresee 1.8 mil damage Armageddons with rank 9 gear so I'm going to start calling the skill armageddon and barbs using vitality stones "glitch abuse" because I R pro troll.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

How you figure that, sports fan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

The system is working exactly like the devs intended.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So much nerdrage in this threadb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If my ability to attack 5 times per second or my abilty to stay permanetly spark is altered it will be the end of me playing this game an I will never give any game made by this company another dollar for as long as I or any of my children live.

Lol. As if would this change affect your class at all.
  • Anelyn - Sanctuary
    Anelyn - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I believe the devs had said 5.0 was not something that was intentional and they are trying to phase it out over time. This is why they didn't put any int on BM or Sin R9 weapons.

It's not hard to see how this could have been unforeseen. The attack speed mechanic is a very basic system and would have to be programmed very early in the game development. Most int gear is found from high level instances which weren't programmed until much later in the game.

At the early time the 5.0 limit was introduced it could have been an arbitrary value that someone figured would never be encountered anyway. They clearly didn't put much thought into the system and didn't really foresee what would happen when people started collecting every piece of interval gear in the game at the same time.

5.0 aps is not a glitch. It is a design flaw. The game has many design flaws. The biggest failure of the game is the dev's inability or unwillingness to correct them. Just look at how they handled the tideborn fiasco.

Yes I am 5aps and still think it looks ****.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This post is legit.

However, they also increased the amount of -int available via rolls on rank 8 and rank 9 armor. 4.0/5.0 base is easier to attain now... But without being able to perma spark it damage output is decreased...

Will these changes stay in (or reach us) is the question, considering how much QQ and rage quitting is going on on their forum...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    let the idiots quit means less spoiled "im entidled brats" in the game and more mature people willing to except change if its for the greater good
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be honest this "fix" is going to hurt non-sins aps users the most.

Why? Sins ooze chi from every pore. Combine that with CE on genie and chi-issue is gone for sins.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be honest this "fix" is going to hurt non-sins aps users the most.

Why? Sins ooze chi from every pore. Combine that with CE on genie and chi-issue is gone for sins.

Not to mention that even without sparking, sins can reach 4.0 aps. And that if you take away the sparking from BMs, clawbarbs and clawarchers, you end up with Sins being ridiculously more powerful than any of them.

And besides, since with 4.0 you can gain the 3 sparks in a duration of a 3 spark anyway. For a Sin, the spark roughly doubles your DPH, so we end up with the following:

1. 15 seconds of DPH*2*5 = DPH*10
    2. 15 seconds of DPH*4
    Average: DPH*7

Compared to the old DPH*10, that'll just give you 30% less DPS. Nothing major. And with chi skills, you can make that number even closer to something else.

With 3.33, it'd be:
    1. 15 seconds of DPH*10
    2. 19 second of DPH*3.33
    Average: DPH*6.27

For an Archer with 5 aps, the change would just give them the following:
    1. 15 seconds of DPH*10
    2. 12 seconds of DPH*5
    Average: DPH*7.77

So, BMs and Barbs would suffer, Archers would suffer a bit less. Sins would suffer the most, but they'd still be the top of the food chain due to having the higher DPH.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not as worried for the current -int builds in the game, as I am for my Barb's build and any Seeker in-game. Think about it. The normal, non claw build for Barbs.... You don't get chi fast. Not being able to obtain chi while sparked is a joke. Seriously might as well re-roll for any Barb in-game after this is put into place. It would take over five minutes for me to get 3 sparks while debuffing a boss w/ demon devour every time the proc cools down (15 seconds).
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not as worried for the current -int builds in the game, as I am for my Barb's build and any Seeker in-game. Think about it. The normal, non claw build for Barbs.... You don't get chi fast. Not being able to obtain chi while sparked is a joke. Seriously might as well re-roll for any Barb in-game after this is put into place. It would take over five minutes for me to get 3 sparks while debuffing a boss w/ demon devour every time the proc cools down (15 seconds).

True

I have a demon barb, not aps. And right now, my ways of gaining chi faster then normal attacking is using between attacks : Alacarity, surf impact , even frighten (even against immune bosses) . Activating demon bestial rage when ready. Chi Syphon helps too. But for each strenght, comes a weakness. I do manage to keep chi at a reasonable pace when I don't have to fight agro, but I use A LOT of mana.

As for BM's, i woudn't see a problem that much. I don't auto-attack except on bosses I know immune to most of the attacks I have in a combo I set up that works pretty well versus magic mobs. Shadowless kick - punch- demon aeolian blade--punch -- demon draw blood--punch - demon stream strike (the one with 20% chance recover 800 hp)- punch, repeat. Sure it doesnt kill mobs as fast as punch-repeat, but its less boring to look at and gains pretty good chi.

Sins (Although I don't have one) do seem to have a lot of chi related moves.

Seekers have quite a few move that give "ok" chi, in combat.

What I see in all that, is a attempt (maybe feeble) to "force" people to use more skills again, using more mana, equipping melee chars with mana charms ---> Profit

I could be wrong though...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It might become more efficient to use your sparks on skills, rather than as a spark eruption?

That would be nice.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It might become more efficient to use your sparks on skills, rather than as a spark eruption?

That would be nice.

I agree.

Spark eruption would become a "extra damage, invincible (for 3 secs) purge of negative status" then followed by skills to refill chi. Sounds good, some skills do hurt quite a bit more once sparked
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

That would be nice.

lol..
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ...what is this...i dont even...

b:coldb:coldb:cold
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    真->Real
    元->Dollars,money,Chinese Currency
    暴发后->Explode,erupt
    在暴元期间->During the explosion/eruption period
    人物->People
    普通->Normal
    攻击->Attack
    将不再获得元气->Do not gain chi

Proper incoming translation:

《完美国际》于9月2日早上8点起,体验服将停机维护并进行新内容的更新,预计维护时间将持续2小时。请玩家注意调整自己的游戏时间,由此给您带来的不便,敬请谅解!

Perfect World will be undergoing Maintenance and Patching on the 2nd of September 8am onwards to introduce new content into the game.Maintenance and Patching works is expected to be around 2 hours.Players please take note and adjust your gaming time.We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope that you understand.

大型帮派副本--十方天罗阵开放,此副本共有九大关卡,可同时容纳帮派中一百名玩家参与挑战。拥有帮派基地的帮派,可由堂主以上的官员与帮派总管对话开启副本。人物等级80以上,帮派功勋值达2000以上的玩家可进入副本,感受超越以往的非凡体验。

Large Factions Fu Ben(FB)-*Ten Sided Net(罗->Net or Gauze though likely to be Net) of Heavens Array.This FB will have a total of 9stages,accomodating up to 100 people from the same faction to accept this challenge.Factions who own a Faction Base may talk to the Base Manager NPC or the Faction Caretaker NPC to open the FB.Players may only enter if they are above level 80 and have 2000 Faction Reputation to enter this FB.

为使玩家更轻松的挑战帮派副本,“神助'勇者的福音”任务开启。玩家可在帮派基地NPC藏菖蒲处接取任务获是“神佑”状态,在此状态下运用技能可对敌造成极大的伤害(状态出副本后消失)。

To help players to go through this FB easier,players may talk to the Faction Base NPC ChangBuPuChu(I literally put this in the HanYu PinYin cause I'm extremely unsure what this means) to accept the quest "Blessing of the Divine Warrior"(神助勇者的福音:Technical term that was kinda hard to translate).This quest will give players the God's Blessing buff.While under the effects of this buff,skills will do more damage to the monsters in the FB.This buff will disappear after exiting the FB.

帮派基地等级提升至30级,玩家可建设星级更高的基地建筑(最高星级可至8星),获取更高级的武器、装备等物品。

The maximum rank of Faction Bases has been increased to 30.Players can now build higher-ranked Base Structures,up to the 8th Rank,allowing them to obtain stronger gear.

人族、羽族、妖族三大种族八军装备新增护腕和鞋,拥有八级军衔的玩家可到万流城中NPC地剑处领取新装备。第一次领取需要消耗100个喜糖,以后每次领取需消耗100万完美币

The 3 main races,Humans,Winged Elves and Untamed,will now have Rank 8 Wristguards and Foorwear.Players with Rank 8 can go to Thousand Streams and obtain these new Rank 8 gear.Obtaining those 2 gear for the 1st time will require 100Wedding Candy(喜糖:Assumed to be Wedding Candy due to Wedding being called "喜事") and subsequent attempts will require 1million coins.

在帮派基地中获得的材料将用于新八军装备及武器的生产,玩家可在帮派基地管 理 员附近的熔炉中进行新八军装备的炼造。新装备晋级分为三个阶段,分别是:锻造、衔环及魂印。晋级后装备原孔数、精炼、所镶嵌的宝石可获得保留。

Materials gathered from the Faction Base will be used to manufacture new Rank 8 gear.Players may talk to the forges near the Faction Catretaker to manufacture these new gear.The new gear can be upgraded via 3 stages:Forging, Ring and Soul Imprinting.(Not too sure for this sentence as the terms are more or less technical:新装备晋级分为三个阶段,分别是:锻造、衔环及魂印).The number of sockets,level of refine and the socketed stones will be retained in the upgrade.

新九军装备诞生,拥有九军装备的玩家可到万流城天将处将老九军装备重铸。重铸装备需要消耗一定数量的夏风令牌,重铸后,原装备的孔数、精炼、所镶嵌的宝石均可获得无偿保留。

New Rank 9 gear has been introduced.Players with Rank 9 gear can go to Thousand Streams to recast their old gear to the new gear.Recasting the gear will require General Summer's Token.The number of sockets,level of refine and the socketed stones will be retained unconditionally.

《完美国际》世界锦标赛的纪念任务开启,人物等级35级以上的玩家每日可到祖龙城南找梦无痕领取任务。

Perfect World Intertaional Championship Commemoration quest is now open.Players above level 35 can go to South Archosaur daily and talk to Seamless Dreams(梦无痕:This is the literal translation,could be a name.In that case,it would be Meng Wu Heng) to obtain a quest.

真元暴发后,在暴元期间人物普通攻击将不再获得元气。

After sparking,during the spark bonus period,players will not gain chi via normal attacks.

使用“轮回法贴”开启的轮回殿副本,物品掉落数量提高。

Drop rates for Nirvana(轮回殿副本:Should be referring to Nirvana.Technical term)will be increased if the Nirvana Retun Stamp item is used.

平妖令活动关闭。

The event "Demon Balance Order"(平妖令:Technical term again) is now closed.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well yeah what ever, fact is if you ruin chi ability like that it gonna suck. I played this game back when it took 20 mins to kill a tt boss an believe me it sucked.

All this will do is make everything farmable in the game not worth farming. Game will be a matter of whip out the credit card, buy rank gear,orbs,packs for gems...proceed to tw/pvp untill bored.

The game is headed towards this anyways, And obviously I won't be the only one refusing dollars to this worthless company.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If it takes you 3 times longer to kill a boss, each drop will be 3 times more expensive you know.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well yeah what ever, fact is if you ruin chi ability like that it gonna suck. I played this game back when it took 20 mins to kill a tt boss an believe me it sucked.

All this will do is make everything farmable in the game not worth farming. Game will be a matter of whip out the credit card, buy rank gear,orbs,packs for gems...proceed to tw/pvp untill bored.

The game is headed towards this anyways, And obviously I won't be the only one refusing dollars to this worthless company.

Um...

Just a moment ago, I pointed out that the actual DPS loss would be between 20-40%.

That means that things will take 25-67% more time.

I believe the current standard of "high speed" for Nirvana is somewhere around 6-7 minutes. With this patch thingy, you'd be looking at 7.5-12 minutes.

The pace at which things happen when you have 5 aps or multiples of them is ridiculous. Making that ridiculousity take 25-67% more time isn't going to somehow make everything look like it was pre-packs.

It would not change the APS thing. It wouldn't change the overpowering position of sins, it might even strengthen it. It'd also favor archers, as they can have an easy 5.0 unsparked aps.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Again BM`s will be screwed by it, same as when they removed CC. b:shocked
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All this will do is make everything farmable in the game not worth farming.

lolwut? I suppose everything before APS and packs wasn't farmed back then...

The actual loss is not that great.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To be very blunt Prophete, if TT stuff gained in priced, it would be become even more worthless an would be better to go strait to rank gear. Pretty sure this will be the death of tt farming.
    makes sense cause I think they are planing on makeing thier rank gear even better an more overpowered than it currently is.

Yeah Deuce, it was farmed back then cause rank gear was not for sale for 72$. Rank 9 did not even exist.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If they do this then b:bye :-) i see no sense in this :d
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lolwut? I suppose everything before APS and packs wasn't farmed back then...

The actual loss is not that great.

The biggest hit would actually land on r9 Sage sins. The damage loss would be about 60%, which would pretty much make R9 useless on Sage sins, as a 4.0 sage would only suffer a loss of 25%.

Archers can get 5.0 unsparked APS. BMs could get 4.0 unsparked, but they got Cyclone Heel to push themselves to 5.0/5.0. Clawbarbs would also suffer, but might be able to make the blow softer by using a weapon with Berserk/Frenzied Rage.
    Again BM`s will be screwed by it, same as when they removed CC.

Actually, for a change, you'd actually need to use Cyclone Heel and get every piece of -interval. Feel the pain of sins for a change.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah Deuce, it was farmed back then cause rank gear was not for sale for 72$. Rank 9 did not even exist.

Who is Deuce b:question

There will always be a market for tt99. Regardless, as I said before, the loss is not that great. Moreover, even if it were the death of tt, you can always chip the mats as well. People will always want their bonus -int or -chan.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ultimately... Farming prices will see little change since Sins will still be able to do Nirvana/TT/whatever much as before. With their ridiculous chi gaining skills, a Sin with a 4aps base will... instead of being perma-sparked... now spend roughly 4-5 seconds (probably even less if they manage their chi efficiently and use genie skills) in "normal" mode before being able to demon spark again. At the most, this nerf will add an extra 5 minutes on to their farming runs. It will make soloing the tough bosses much harder for most Sins now though since being constantly perma-sparked did have its benefits such as purging/healing/etc.

As for aps BMs, Barbs and Archers... LOL.

Better reroll a Sin before its too late. b:avoid
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They completing AssAssIn dominance ? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...