Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Heh my suggestion:

The reset range drastically reduced and restricted to a barrier just before the beginning of the ramp.

And I guess they can add a check to the boss' program, so that if it's in "reset mode" it will not spawn them.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Did I read wrong or this thread actually has over 90 000 views b:shocked

I still think that..easy fix : Dragoons exp dropped to 1...There...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just replace the third boss with a Random Nirvana boss with same Hp and less m./p. attack.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    easy fix - swap the Dragoons for Harpy Wraiths b:laugh
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    easy fix - swap the Dragoons for Harpy Wraiths b:laugh

No D: Too many nabshets skip 3rd on a normal run as it is Q__Q

(I LIKE MY BOX AND HATE ALL WHO STAND BETWEEN ME AND IT!)
  • Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't see why anyone wants to stop this glitch. It brings in extra revenue through rep and hypers. But it's really just smart thinking using a glitch for fast leveling. But hey I don't care if they fix it or not. I just want 2x drops again >;
    edited August 2011
    I don't see why anyone wants to stop this glitch. It brings in extra revenue through rep and hypers. But it's really just smart thinking using a glitch for fast leveling. But hey I don't care if they fix it or not. I just want 2x drops again >;

Simple answer:Because the game is break enough.
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    explain again why we want it removed please? Everyone has equal opportunity to level i do not understand why people want it gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Because it's a GLITCH... exploiting it is Cheating... and cheters should be BANNED b:bye
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Because it's a GLITCH... exploiting it is Cheating... and cheters should be BANNED b:bye
    well, let's see how many do, shall we?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    well, let's see how many do, shall we?

Unfortunately, I can't say how many will be banned ( or if any will ).

Just saying they should be banned because they obviously broke the ToS.

Actually, I belive few will be banned, and none will be permabanned because PWI cares first about their own pockets, wich is sad.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011

My educated guess is that ~99% of players have exploited a glitch in this game. Calling for bans is usually done by very inactive (naive) players or players with a vendetta. Those of us that have played the game a good while realize the greatest abuser of glitches in this game is PW itself, and most of us therefore would not tattle tale or call for bans.

Imagine if the RIAA actually had everyone that downloaded copy protected music arrested, and all those arrests were of people who actually bought music also.
    edited August 2011
    Temporany Ban or Permanent Ban are things that doesn't concern we users,so talking about it like its some kind of your decision is pretty lame.

The argument"Offers anyone to opportunity to level",its lame too:
    Image another glitch is found tomorrow that allows anyone to get from 1-105 by killing a lv.1 mob using a particular NPC weapon:Would be the same thing,but would totally taking out the leveling experience from the game,you really think its a good?
    Image another glitch that gives everyone 1000M in a second,yay its good isn't?
    Image another glitch that gives everyone +12 R9 equip,images that.

Only because a glitch gives an advantage to"Everyone",doesn't mean its a good thing,trying to justifying it with these kind of arguments its laughable.

And I repeat for the last time:Enough with this QQ Ban Yes or Ban Not QQ,its the freaking GMs decision,they may even decide the day after they fixed this glitch,to de-level all the abuser to lv.80 or below,who knowns.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So after Tw tonite an getting ganked by sins who maybe wouldnt have seen me otherwise, it seems i must do this to keep up. Strangely i am ok with that. The part that makes me very mad is that to do so i need to risk my account-even if its a small one.
    Its went on long enough that it now just needs to be deemed ok untill its fixed, which we know is "sometime in the future" an not right now.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Temporany Ban or Permanent Ban are things that doesn't concern we users,so talking about it like its some kind of your decision is pretty lame.

The argument"Offers anyone to opportunity to level",its lame too:
    Image another glitch is found tomorrow that allows anyone to get from 1-105 by killing a lv.1 mob using a particular NPC weapon:Would be the same thing,but would totally taking out the leveling experience from the game,you really think its a good?
    Image another glitch that gives everyone 1000M in a second,yay its good isn't?
    Image another glitch that gives everyone +12 R9 equip,images that.

Only because a glitch gives an advantage to"Everyone",doesn't mean its a good thing,trying to justifying it with these kind of arguments its laughable.

And I repeat for the last time:Enough with this QQ Ban Yes or Ban Not QQ,its the freaking GMs decision,they may even decide the day after they fixed this glitch,to de-level all the abuser to lv.80 or below,who knowns.

No it would not be the same because it doesn't cost charms. PWI is concerned and quick to act only when money is involved.

This "glitch" involves people burning charms together in a squad. Every stupid example you gave is giving people free stuff.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm gonna glitch

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Some of us know. Not gonna happen.
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    My educated guess is that ~99% of players have exploited a glitch in this game. Calling for bans is usually done by very inactive (naive) players or players with a vendetta. Those of us that have played the game a good while realize the greatest abuser of glitches in this game is PW itself, and most of us therefore would not tattle tale or call for bans.

Imagine if the RIAA actually had everyone that downloaded copy protected music arrested, and all those arrests were of people who actually bought music also.

I think it's much more likely that MOST players are not exploiting this particular glitch, and that the people who are cheating are trying to inflate the numbers of people who do it in order to enhance their case that "everyone is doing it", or "you'll lose all your players", or "all your cash shoppers are gonna go bye bye", or "it'll be the end of the world if you actually punish people for violating the ToS".

This is not a minor glitch, this is a MAJOR, potentially game-breaking exploit. And everyone who has abused it should be perma-banned and/or have their levels reset. Period, end of story.
    Anyone NOT calling for bans is probably an immature player who doesn't understand that it's imporant we abide by our agreements, and we expect others we come in contact with to do so as well.

Oh, and those people ripping off artists by stealing music? Also no moral compass, punish them too while we're at it.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    I think it's much more likely that MOST players are not exploiting this particular glitch, and that the people who are cheating are trying to inflate the numbers of people who do it in order to enhance their case that "everyone is doing it", or "you'll lose all your players", or "all your cash shoppers are gonna go bye bye", or "it'll be the end of the world if you actually punish people for violating the ToS".

This is not a minor glitch, this is a MAJOR, potentially game-breaking exploit. And everyone who has abused it should be perma-banned and/or have their levels reset. Period, end of story.
    Anyone NOT calling for bans is probably an immature player who doesn't understand that it's imporant we abide by our agreements, and we expect others we come in contact with to do so as well.

Oh, and those people ripping off artists by stealing music? Also no moral compass, punish them too while we're at it.
    There are more game breaking things that aren't glitches, why don't you focus your moral compass on things that it is appropriate for instead of trivial things like this. This is kind of ridiculous being so overzealous about.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The main issue with this glitch is that it was anounced as bannable. Now people that want to follow the rules can not use it. I personally don't do FC, but as I see it there are three fair options:

1)Fix the glitch
    2)Ban everybody abusing the glitch
    3)Don't make the glitch bannable

Any of those three options would make things fair for all. Obviously they have not figured a way to tell 100% if somebody is using the glitch, so option number 2) is out. The glitch isn't a priority in devland and as they seem to have 0-1 competent programmers I doubt number 1) is likely to happen any time soon.

This leaves us with number 3) until they manage to get 1) or 2) sorted out. In the meantime I'm quite happy staying away from that drama pit altogether.
    edited August 2011
    They did say a "big bug fix" or whatever was coming up in teh state of teh game news article thing. It wouldn't be crazy to assume its the goon fix but knowing how pwe works, it could be something wildly random and irrelevant.
    edited August 2011
    No it would not be the same because it doesn't cost charms. PWI is concerned and quick to act only when money is involved.

This "glitch" involves people burning charms together in a squad. Every stupid example you gave is giving people free stuff.

Lol the charm cost is nothing compared to the huge amount of exp you get,it would be much more costly to run FCC the"Normal way",rather than doing the glitch.
    Also,I known most people do it uncharmed -- bloodpaint is more than enough for a good seeker to tank dragons(And good squads kill em before they can even fight back).

My example gave people free stuff....how you call an exploit that allows players to gain an insane amount of exp within an hour and with minimal costs(Compared to running thousands of FCCs instead)?,isn't that basically "free" stuff compared to the normal way?,you known people used Vacuity Powders for"Normal"Dragons,which were way smaller groups?,it takes 3-4 normal FCC dragons pull to equal a glitched one...which of the two cost more Vacuitys?
    Comparing the cost of people exploiting the glitch and people running thousands of FCC is like comparing the cost of a travel to china to a travel to mars.
    b:bye
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Lol the charm cost is nothing compared to the huge amount of exp you get,it would be much more costly to run FCC the"Normal way",rather than doing the glitch.
    Also,I known most people do it uncharmed -- bloodpaint is more than enough for a good seeker to tank dragons(And good squads kill em before they can even fight back).

My example gave people free stuff....how you call an exploit that allows players to gain an insane amount of exp within an hour and with minimal costs(Compared to running thousands of FCCs instead)?,isn't that basically "free" stuff compared to the normal way?,you known people used Vacuity Powders for"Normal"Dragons,which were way smaller groups?,it takes 3-4 normal FCC dragons pull to equal a glitched one...which of the two cost more Vacuitys?
    Comparing the cost of people exploiting the glitch and people running thousands of FCC is like comparing the cost of a travel to china to a travel to mars.

People running normal FC to 105 : Less than 100 of them id bet. Theyl get damn good at it and will stop buring charms, probably wont even tick them after a while. Basically no profit here, unless they aim fr 105 before finishing their gear, which would be ****.

People glitch FCing to 105 : WAY more than any who aimed for 105 while it was still insane. Squads arnt perfect and never will be. Charms get ticked / coin gets spent on pots constantly. Profitz.
    edited August 2011
    Yes yes whatever,let's keep chatting about profit while totally ignoring that a glitch its a glitch /end.
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    Tidestrike - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yay my favourite thread is back b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    reason for no fix
    1.fc glitch
    2. ...
    3.profit
    edited August 2011
    toast223 wrote: »
    reason for no fix
    1.fc glitch
    2. Rank sales for all the new level 100/101+
    3.profit

Fixed?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Gee so running a bunch of hypered FCC is not leveling insanely, but using goons is? Who are you to set the standard on leveling speeds? Did you grind/cube to 9x like I did? If not then you don't get to talk about the "normal way." As far as a lot of people are concerned, this is now the normal way. Normal FCC is to be forgotten and tossed aside as the abnormally slow way like grinding is.

Comparing the cost of 10 normal FCC to glitched Dragoon runs is stupid because not many would run FCC past 101/102 in the first place. They're simply spending on charms where they would otherwise not spend at all. Can you pull 500+ goons without charms? No? Then shut up, most people do use charms. Besides, I know pretty much all the Sanct players who reached 105 this way, pretty sure they have a better assessment of the charm costs of goons than you do. b:bye
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited August 2011
    Gee so running a bunch of hypered FCC is not leveling insanely, but using goons is? Who are you to set the standard on leveling speeds? Did you grind/cube to 9x like I did? If not then you don't get to talk about the "normal way." As far as a lot of people are concerned, this is now the normal way. Normal FCC is to be forgotten and tossed aside as the abnormally slow way like grinding is.

Comparing the cost of 10 normal FCC to glitched Dragoon runs is stupid because not many would run FCC past 101/102 in the first place. They're simply spending on charms where they would otherwise not spend at all. Can you pull 500+ goons without charms? No? Then shut up(Would you want me to try?,you talk of"Standards",and then you assume you need to pull 500+ Dragons to reach lv.105 and not"Just",100?,oh wait,you're trying o make me exploiting a glitch?,lame statement), most people do use charms(Doesn't mean its absolutely necessary). Besides, I know pretty much all the Sanct players who reached 105 this way(I think if you known someone that exploited a glitch you should report him), pretty sure they have a better assessment of the charm costs of goons than you do. b:bye

Yes leveling by doing"Normal",FCC is the standard simply because its how players are supposed to level(And how that lv.105 Sin did),unless off course you known a faster way that doesn't involve exploiting a glitch.

Doing FCC exploiting a glitch can't be considered"Normal",no matter how you look at it.
    Also keeping this argumentation up is just plain useless as its based on a glitch exploiting that makes any derived discussion(Like profitable/costly/allowable/etc.),just plain invalid,so keep going if you like,the cost itself wasn't my main concern anyway,just want to pointing you out that all this its a bunch of talk built upon a fault(Glitch exploiting),that can't be considered acceptable.

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yes leveling by doing"Normal",FCC is the standard simply because its how players are supposed to level(And how that lv.105 Sin did),unless off course you known a faster way that doesn't involve exploiting a glitch.

Doing FCC exploiting a glitch can't be considered"Normal",no matter how you look at it.
    Also keeping this argumentation up is just plain useless as its based on a glitch exploiting that makes any derived discussion(Like profitable/costly/allowable/etc.),just plain invalid,so keep going if you like,the cost itself wasn't my main concern anyway,just want to pointing you out that all this its a bunch of talk built upon a fault(Glitch exploiting),that can't be considered acceptable.

Your "oh-so-righteous" company just recently put on sale pet with known OP glitch causing it to deal 4 times more damage to players in PvP than it's supposed to. This glitch wasn't fixed for over 2 years now.

In PWI there are no features or glitches, there are company profits and losses.
    Packs World International