Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As some of you have pointed out (which I kind of hoped would happen), you don't have to be uber geared to do this glitch. Most are, at least from what I've seen. However, now what? Are the GMs going to ban the people that aren't their mass-consumers and leave their money-makers safe and sound? Maybe. And if this happens, then what? I doubt it will go over well.

I guess basically what I'm trying to say is that if the GMs try to ban anyone for this, they're only hurting the company itself.

You mean epic rage quits? Again, if they don't look at this from a business perspective, it would be a "fail" move for a company, just sayin'.

They've done this countless times before. What's stopping them now?

What they lose from those specific players (if they even charge) they gain in other players confidence in them actually doing something about an issue in game (since they never do).

The only real option for them to save face would be to legitimize the glitch and make it legal for everyone. Personally, imo, if your squad can handle it, have at it. Legitimizing it lets them keep their players without risking having to punish high spenders, it lets people who already did it keep the experience they gained, and it lets everyone else have the opportunity to do it for themselves. (Note that that was a big problem with the Medal fiasco: people who came in later were screwed and did not have the same opportunity others had).

The dragoons are in an instance, not the open world. People can spend the entire day killing these if they choose to at absolutely zero detriment to anyone else.

Or they can *gasp* fix this glitch and come out with some legit end game content to actually get the much harder experience requirements of the 101+ players. But yeah I know i'd be fired from PWI for making that much sense. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Freud much? b:laugh

Yeah sounds like it. Yawn, average troll is 'average'. When you become smart troll. let me know, amirite

Don't worry ResMePls is just 'another random' who can't really use their main to post.

This is the typical response of someone who clearly talks out their behindb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What they lose from those specific players (if they even charge) they gain in other players confidence in them actually doing something about an issue in game (since they never do).

This is what I was getting at. One way or another, they need to make their stance clear, and act accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

How can this possibly be true when PWI themselves ***** other people's efforts to level with Frost and hypers in the first place?

Then there's rank sales messing up people's Nirvana investments. For the majority of the endgame players that are left, they have no confidence that PWI has any integrity, whether they fix this **** or no. They only have confidence that PWI will give them what they want via another sale. For the pre-endgame players, they'll soon reach endgame levels, glitch FCC or otherwise, and realize the same or quit. We should all be too used to the idea that all our ingame efforts means jack **** to PWI, not like this would restore anything. The long, long, history of sales, packs, and modified instances already makes PWI's stance blatantly obvious, and that stance is that they favor people who can pay for instant gratification over people play the game to achieve something.

In that sense, this glitch is all too consistent with how PWI has conducted their business. Ya, Aeyris is right. If PWI bans anyone for this, they would only be hurting themselves because they would be banning the very people that PWI has catered to. All these people are simply doing what PWI wants them to do - have something as quickly as possible with no regard to costs.

You know what this all should call for? Another charm/rank/d orb sale right here. These powerleveling folks need R9 to dress up their alts! Add some packs too, call it super level frenzy celebration sale!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:angry This is bull! There is now "Dragoon" runs with the glitched FF with people paying 50m coins to get to level 100, SERIOUSLY GMS? And now all of the people that are 100 are getting 105. This isn't good. Its ruining the online leaderboards and the overall gameplay of the game.

Fix this before this becomes as common as the Plvl FF runs.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How can this possibly be true when PWI themselves ***** other people's efforts to level with Frost and hypers in the first place?

Then there's rank sales messing up people's Nirvana investments. For the majority of the endgame players that are left, they have no confidence that PWI has any integrity, whether they fix this **** or no. They only have confidence that PWI will give them what they want via another sale. For the pre-endgame players, they'll soon reach endgame levels, glitch FCC or otherwise, and realize the same or quit. We should all be too used to the idea that all our ingame efforts means jack **** to PWI, not like this would restore anything. The long, long, history of sales, packs, and modified instances already makes PWI's stance blatantly obvious, and that stance is that they favor people who can pay for instant gratification over people play the game to achieve something.

In that sense, this glitch is all too consistent with how PWI has conducted their business. Ya, Aeyris is right. If PWI bans anyone for this, they would only be hurting themselves because they would be banning the very people that PWI has catered to. All these people are simply doing what PWI wants them to do - have something as quickly as possible with no regard to costs.

You know what this all should call for? Another charm/rank/d orb sale right here. These powerleveling folks need R9 to dress up their alts! Add some packs too, call it super level frenzy celebration sale!

Don't you find it interestingly convenient that all of a 'sudden' EU servers pop up as well? Is it just me or does this sound like there is a lot of rug sweeping going on.

This is very INTERESTING don't you think. I wonder if in the 'admin' side of things in the policy handbook it says "If players suspect anything:- act all innocent, remove posts that hint at anything and "sweep it under the rug." I am starting to think that maybe the denial is 9/10ths the latter with this Perfect World company don't you?

It is all looking very too convenient and circumstantially abjective. Think about all the free-to-play players that actually do the offers for Free ZEN; I wonder how those companies use that information. Is it a business agreement with Perfect World. I'd be very curious to know how that information is used.

What will PW do this time? Will it be just like the Medals?
    "Oh no problem we will just take them out of the Dragon Point System." "That's Ok players won't remember."

You can hear the air raid sirens going off in China HQ right now.
    "Uhh, sir..."
    "What is it?"
    "The... uhh... the players have found 'the problem'"
    "What do you mean by the 'the problem'?
    "Remember that one boss we did... and that thing..."
    "Did we give them Rank 9?"
    "Uhh I think we did sir..."
    "Ohhhhh myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy---- <insert explainatory epileptive here>"
    "Sir?! How are we going to fix it!"
    "Oh we'll give them 2 to 4 weeks and we're going to 'SWEEP _ IT _ UNDER _ TTHHHEEEE _ RRUUUGGGG!"
    "Uhhh, Sir are you sure we tried that last time they weren't very happy?!"
    "Yes we're sure then we'll just release two more classes called Bill and Bob, a new dungeon and then they'll be happy."

So now on top of certain other companies not mention here. I can officially say.

PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL -- THE _ RUG SWEEPING _ COMPANY ! _

I'd just like to say they do curtains as well as thick under-lay. They might even do dry cleaning some day.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you go by how popular this new method of leveling is on WC, players seem really excited about it. I actually see WCs now of people asking for Wizards or Psychics and not just Sins. It's kind of nice.

I don't see anyone on WC complaining about this so it seems the players that actually play the game mostly support it. This is at last something in the game that isn't dominated by ridiculous APS nonsense.

Also it doesn't seem like this is about people getting free XP. It looks like you need a lot of teamwork and skill and it costs charms and hypers. The people getting those levels certainly earned it more than a sin just stealthing through a solo FCC.

The people QQing in this thread are just trolls who probably quit the game long ago and just enjoy insulting anyone they can get away with.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Every player knows there's a risk of something coming out that's better...i'm not talking about that stuff. The only major crisis they really screwed players over on is medals. As I stated if they would get their **** together and actually take stands on serious issues and act accordingly that would go a VERY long way with the playerbase. Don't worry Qui I'm not holding my breath. b:laugh

EDIT: and i don't want to hear oh it will hurt them, PWI didn't make them go in and glitch FC. The players know they are breaching ToS and if they get banned they have no one but themselves to rage at for being dumb and doing it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you go by how popular this new method of leveling is on WC, players seem really excited about it. I actually see WCs now of people asking for Wizards or Psychics and not just Sins. It's kind of nice.

I don't see anyone on WC complaining about this so it seems the players that actually play the game mostly support it. This is at last something in the game that isn't dominated by ridiculous APS nonsense.

Also it doesn't seem like this is about people getting free XP. It looks like you need a lot of teamwork and skill and it costs charms and hypers. The people getting those levels certainly earned it more than a sin just stealthing through a solo FCC.

The people QQing in this thread are just trolls who probably quit the game long ago and just enjoy insulting anyone they can get away with.

*gasp* MIKU!?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The only real option for them to save face would be to legitimize the glitch and make it legal for everyone. Personally, imo, if your squad can handle it, have at it. Legitimizing it lets them keep their players without risking having to punish high spenders, it lets people who already did it keep the experience they gained, and it lets everyone else have the opportunity to do it for themselves. (Note that that was a big problem with the Medal fiasco: people who came in later were screwed and did not have the same opportunity others had).

The dragoons are in an instance, not the open world. People can spend the entire day killing these if they choose to at absolutely zero detriment to anyone else.

I completely agree that the only way for them to "save face" would be to legitimize it. Besides, once you hit 100+ (mostly 101+), hte amount of exp you need to level is just ridiculous. Granted this is probably done this way so when the level cap is increased (if this game makes it to that glorious day), the levels will even out. However, to my point, this game is severely lacking exp-instances for higher level players. Sure, normal FCC will get you there, but it hardly does jack-***** for your exp. The reason people are exploiting this glitch is because of the lack of high-level exp instances outside of FCC.

Either legitimize the glitch, make a more advanced exp-gaining instance, ban 90% of your higher level player base on all your servers, or admit you're running out of options.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:angry This is bull! There is now "Dragoon" runs with the glitched FF with people paying 50m coins to get to level 100, SERIOUSLY GMS? And now all of the people that are 100 are getting 105. This isn't good. Its ruining the online leaderboards and the overall gameplay of the game.

Fix this before this becomes as common as the Plvl FF runs.

srsly? what does this glitch do for u to hit lvl 100? i stopped playing this game for a long time, but i wouldnt mind paying 50 mill for my mystic to get to lvl 100b:cute
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    srsly? what does this glitch do for u to hit lvl 100? i stopped playing this game for a long time, but i wouldnt mind paying 50 mill for my mystic to get to lvl 100b:cute

30 dragoons at 1 time gets you 25% of your level from 102-103. that tell you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

they could also just fix it, .....wait......nvm b:chuckle
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    just checked the rankings and i see there is a **** ton of 105s from the last time i played this game. this must be one hardcore *** glitch huh? not that it matters tho, 105 means nothing with no endgame content.

course, once they add rank 13 gear for lvl 105s then it will be a problem. but on that same token i must say its very nice to see lvl 105s other then sins. sucks when they get banned for glitching tho then the 105 player base will go back to being 100% sins again.

GG fellas and well played, but ur efforts are in vain
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Don't you find it interestingly convenient that all of a 'sudden' EU servers pop up as well? Is it just me or does this sound like there is a lot of rug sweeping going on.

This is very INTERESTING don't you think. I wonder if in the 'admin' side of things in the policy handbook it says "If players suspect anything:- act all innocent, remove posts that hint at anything and "sweep it under the rug." I am starting to think that maybe the denial is 9/10ths the latter with this Perfect World company don't you?

It is all looking very too convenient and circumstantially abjective. Think about all the free-to-play players that actually do the offers for Free ZEN; I wonder how those companies use that information. Is it a business agreement with Perfect World. I'd be very curious to know how that information is used.

What will PW do this time? Will it be just like the Medals?
    "Oh no problem we will just take them out of the Dragon Point System." "That's Ok players won't remember."

You can hear the air raid sirens going off in China HQ right now.
    "Uhh, sir..."
    "What is it?"
    "The... uhh... the players have found 'the problem'"
    "What do you mean by the 'the problem'?
    "Remember that one boss we did... and that thing..."
    "Did we give them Rank 9?"
    "Uhh I think we did sir..."
    "Ohhhhh myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy myyyyyyy---- <insert explainatory epileptive here>"
    "Sir?! How are we going to fix it!"
    "Oh we'll give them 2 to 4 weeks and we're going to 'SWEEP _ IT _ UNDER _ TTHHHEEEE _ RRUUUGGGG!"
    "Uhhh, Sir are you sure we tried that last time they weren't very happy?!"
    "Yes we're sure then we'll just release two more classes called Bill and Bob, a new dungeon and then they'll be happy."

So now on top of certain other companies not mention here. I can officially say.

PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL -- THE _ RUG SWEEPING _ COMPANY ! _

I'd just like to say they do curtains as well as thick under-lay. They might even do dry cleaning some day.

lol what? tin foil hats are that way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    11. User Conduct
    You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

they didnt do that at the medal of glory glitch, doubt they do anything again this time
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.

think they mean whats the easiest way and best for the wallet

tough nice punishment could be
    if you used the bug while beeing:

100+ set back to 100 with 0 exp/spirit
    90+ set back to 90 with 0 exp/spirit
    80+ set back to 80 with 0 exp/spirit
    70+ set back to 70 with 0 exp/spirit
    60+ set back to 60 with 0 exp/spirit
    below 60 i would say set back to lvl 1 with 0 exp/spirit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    resetting there lvl back to a previous level would be way to much work that they will be willing to do. much easier to simply ban them.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    just checked the rankings and i see there is a **** ton of 105s from the last time i played this game. this must be one hardcore *** glitch huh? not that it matters tho, 105 means nothing with no endgame content.

Uhm, lol. The mass majority of those 105s you see are GMs. Just lettin' ya know.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Uhm, lol. The mass majority of those 105s you see are GMs. Just lettin' ya know.

They fixed it, actually. I think all of the 105s listed are legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

The current 105s on the rankings are not GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oops, I stand corrected XD. Thank you for pointing that out to me. b:chuckle
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    resetting there lvl back to a previous level would be way to much work that they will be willing to do. much easier to simply ban them.

The easiest laziest and most profitable thing to do is to simply do nothing. There isn't much benefit to banning large numbers of people who are guzzling down hypers and charms.
  • Love - Lothranis
    Love - Lothranis Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When I initially accepted the invitation to speak today, I provided a generic topic "The Future of the MMO industry" because I had not written anything yet, and I wanted to give myself plenty of room to explore different topics. To those of you who chose to come today believing that I would make far-reaching predictions about the games we'll be creating ten years from now, I apologize. The truth is, I hope that I am completely ignorant about what kind of games we'll be making in ten years, because I hope some hotshot kid comes out of nowhere and changes everything out from under us before then. If that doesn't happen, we've all failed to embrace and protect the culture of innovation that made it possible for us to be here in the first place.

I ultimately decided to address something much more relevant to those of us in this room today, and that is what it takes to create a successful MMO in today's crowded and brutal market. The formula is not as simple as it was a few years ago, as the very visible failure of many recent high-profile MMOs makes clear. I don't claim to have all the answers, but I can share some of the beliefs that I and many of my peers at ArenaNet hold based on our experience with Guild Wars. These beliefs are guiding us in the development of Guild Wars 2, so I sure as hell hope we're right!

Most MMOs fail

Don't be fooled by the much-hyped success of the top MMOs on the market. The game industry is littered with the carnage of MMOs that have failed over the past few years. Due largely to the social nature of MMOs, gamers rarely commit to more than one or two MMOs at a time. This is in contrast to the traditional game market, in which there is room for many games to be successful, even within the same genre. You may play ten different action games this year, but you are very unlikely to play more than one or two MMOs. This means that it is not enough to make a great game instead you must make a game that is so overwhelmingly superior that it can actively break apart an established community and bring that community to your game. In today's market, that is a tall order.

Regardless of the business model, the primary factor that determines whether an MMO lives or dies is the size of its active player base. There appears to be a tipping point at around 150,000 players. MMOs that reach this critical mass within a few months of release tend to continue to grow and thrive, and those that do not tend to shrink and ultimately die. The majority of MMOs that are released into the market never reach this threshold.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When I initially accepted the invitation to speak today, I provided a generic topic "The Future of the MMO industry" because I had not written anything yet, and I wanted to give myself plenty of room to explore different topics. To those of you who chose to come today believing that I would make far-reaching predictions about the games we'll be creating ten years from now, I apologize. The truth is, I hope that I am completely ignorant about what kind of games we'll be making in ten years, because I hope some hotshot kid comes out of nowhere and changes everything out from under us before then. If that doesn't happen, we've all failed to embrace and protect the culture of innovation that made it possible for us to be here in the first place.

I ultimately decided to address something much more relevant to those of us in this room today, and that is what it takes to create a successful MMO in today's crowded and brutal market. The formula is not as simple as it was a few years ago, as the very visible failure of many recent high-profile MMOs makes clear. I don't claim to have all the answers, but I can share some of the beliefs that I and many of my peers at ArenaNet hold based on our experience with Guild Wars. These beliefs are guiding us in the development of Guild Wars 2, so I sure as hell hope we're right!

Most MMOs fail

Don't be fooled by the much-hyped success of the top MMOs on the market. The game industry is littered with the carnage of MMOs that have failed over the past few years. Due largely to the social nature of MMOs, gamers rarely commit to more than one or two MMOs at a time. This is in contrast to the traditional game market, in which there is room for many games to be successful, even within the same genre. You may play ten different action games this year, but you are very unlikely to play more than one or two MMOs. This means that it is not enough to make a great game instead you must make a game that is so overwhelmingly superior that it can actively break apart an established community and bring that community to your game. In today's market, that is a tall order.

Regardless of the business model, the primary factor that determines whether an MMO lives or dies is the size of its active player base. There appears to be a tipping point at around 150,000 players. MMOs that reach this critical mass within a few months of release tend to continue to grow and thrive, and those that do not tend to shrink and ultimately die. The majority of MMOs that are released into the market never reach this threshold.

Cause this is completely related to the topic at hand...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why do players get banned?

You know if I was a CEO of a company and I had learned that my employees were not competent enough to even fix mistakes in the product.... people would be fired...

Kind of a backwards **** policy.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why do players get banned?

You know if I was a CEO of a company and I had learned that my employees were not competent enough to even fix mistakes in the product.... people would be fired...

Kind of a backwards **** policy.
    The people who develop PW now apparently weren't the same as the ones who did before, which is probably why they keep ****ing things up. Either way, the developers do whatever they want and as far as **** things up and mistakes go, as long as people are still giving them cash for a severely flawed product, why should they bother fixing it? I bet people are charging 50 and 100 zen a pop to get their characters now to 100 or 105 via dragoon glitch. Personally I don't care how others level, but my interest in this comes from PW's responses on this issue, as well as other issues (medal of glory), and the reasons behind these behaviours.
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The FCC glitch will not be fixed nor will the players be banned. If they ever get around to fixing the glitch it won't be till a long long times away. The only time a glitch was fixed quickly was when it affected zen charging in a negative way or there is massive...and i mean massive QQ raging. Any of the older players remember the Duke Rose fashion glitch? People were exploiting that when gold was around 200-300k each. Over night it went up to 1mil+ because they could resell the fashion for millions of coins to the npc. Everyone back then expected the server to be rerolled before the fashion glitch came out. PWI ended up "fixing" the issue over night by removing the fashion...and that's about it. For some people, they were banned...but a week later they were back and now 200 times richer than they were previously. There was no roll-back because there were so many people who charged their credit card to buy the fashion. That resulted in a mass QQ rage quit.

So what to expect:
    1) FCC glitch will not be fixed as long as it's profitable.
    2) players exploiting this will not be banned nor have their exp reset.
    3) PWI is not Enix or any other subscription game because it's "free to play". They are under no obligation to satisfy the community. Their main concern is the amount of zen being charged and making sure those ppl who charge are happy with the least amount of work.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:chuckleBanned all FC glitch abuse people.b:thanks
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, pretty much what Chu said. If you've played this game long enough, you should know they have a history of not doing anything, and if they do do anything, it won't make much of a difference. They can ban all their mass consumers, but they'll need them back. And when they come back (if they don't rage quit the game), they'll still keep their level.

Random sidenote; I think it was rather foolish for a GM to even give a response to this forum saying that the glitch is illegal and the accounts will be suspended. Trying to increase hyper sales by having everyone rush to the dungeon before the glitch is fixed?

Like I said, this is a business; they have too much to lose with whatever option they take. And if you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you all.
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I heard someone got 80 once and they wiped in 3 seconds. b:laugh along lines of 30 max I would assume. Considering you can't stun goons and they will stun you for 4-5 seconds the tank would have to take a lot of damage and if he dies and they get to arcanes it's isnta-kill. Most average squads don't even pull all 15 goons at the end of fc. b:laugh

LOL,
    1 simple sentance, Masa's seeker with 99999 def lvls and vortex.

ijs, it would be an easy kill for him >_<

I mean.....99999 def lvls + vacuity and vortex
    BOW CHICKA BOW WOW.

But, this is all hypothetical
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.