Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I doubt anyone will read my idea, cause certain individuals are to busy keeping the game running. Which is why they have 'community appointed' moderators but I'll try anyway.

The emphasis needs to be on PV. If anything you'd want across between Trophy Mode and Delta. So you'd have the 'lead up to' just like you do with Delta from Alpha, Beta and Gamma to -> Delta being more complex and part of the cultivation. You'd want the same with Pheonix Valley.

Gamers hinge on challenge and tension. Otherwise we'd all be reading books.

I flipped out of Sage due to the lack of paralells between the APS gameplay and the "Sage Barb is only good for: tanking world bosses, probably doing PV and some other minor things which aren't worth writing home about. Dare we mention 'gameplay balance' and you can look up 1001 other posts on this place about that.

But I think I need to set the RECORD STRAIGHT about terminology

Warning... Slightly long post...

Sometimes a 'glitch' as certain console players like to phrase it, is actually a part of the game that has potential to be developed lets just make one thing clear.

A BUG is a quirk in the game that has only negative and positive consequences. As far as I can see you need good gear to utilize said "glitch" that kids once again are screaming about in the forum. Without any prior knowledge of beta testing and reviewing good practice of playing chicken little. You know the story "The sky is falling, The sky is falling." We've all seen stuff like that. BUGS can in some cases aid and benefit gameplay design. In some ways they can be turned into cool features.

A GLITCH (true meaning) is a quirk in the game that has some recurrence but would only allow the player to get into an area that they CANNOT normally get into but with no positive or negative recurrance so for example 'getting out of the map through a hole in the level. Which is entirely the developers fault for NOT DOING THEIR JOB. Good beta testers and software engineers working close together usually solve these probelms. Glitches cannot be "MODIFIED" to make the issue and improvement and need to be sealed. There is a difference between SEALED, FIXED and MODIFIED..

Glitches / Glitching is usually "fixed" by filling up the hole in the level/map

A EXPLOIT is a part of the game that gives/allows the player
    to achieve something (whether it be GOLD / EXPERIENCE / AMAZING FLYING UNICORNS with NO NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES

So if I was getting coin and making more coin without a POSITIVE <> NEGATIVE relationship I would be doing an EXPLOIT so potential things that can be EXPLOITS. are things like duplicating gold; duplicating items and damaging the game economy and or doing an action that DOES NOT INCUR A LOSS.

Those are my three benchmarks for what things are rated as.

Now there is one more TERM that people might like to learn and that is FEATURE a feature is either negative and or positive but like everything in gaming there must be two conditions attached to it the first one is a WINDFALL.and the second one is a DETRACTOR and this is the very reason why you, your friends and me keep coming back to Perfect World cause it has FEATURES.

Another idea: You could have a lot of monsters chasing after and as you run they spawn thus referencing back to our little Delta-Trophy Mode Hybrid. but players need:

A: A goal to do a dungeon.
    B: A reward for doing an instance (PV Does -> NOT <- do this)
    C: They need to think/lead-to-believe that the goal is NOT UNREASONABLE
    D: They need a reason to do the dungeon/map/monster/world boss/imaginary whoopie cushion.
    Which leads to:
    E: PROFIT and a slightly feel good feeling between both parties (Developer & Player)

Just some food for thought from a jaded gamer,
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, that is a decent point but as far as examples go that policy did nothing to change anyone's behavior. It just gave people permission to continue doing what they were already doing. It basically accomplished nothing.

The no-selling Jones Blessing was an effective policy but that was happening out in the open in west arch where anyone could report it. That policy was effective in forcing people to like PWI on facebook in order to receive the blessing. PWE associates facebook likes to some monetary value because of the advertising.

The FCC glitch is happening in an instance without any outside evidence. I don't see any way for GMs to enforce behavior in FCC without some actual amount of effort.

Another example is them enforcing no pking in secret passage. Albeit it took them years to make it official and agree on the rules, they did make it official eventually. I've even heard of some bans being handed out for infringing the rule.

But I totally agree with you- the FC glitch is much too private to enforce. The only real way to ban someone for it is to catch someone stupid enough to post a video guide on youtube or to put up screenies with their avatars name not blacked out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GMs are fairly limited in observing player activity. Many people seem to think they can observe what your doing in real time at any moment, but I don't see that as possible.

@Fuzzy
    Thanks for offering to press Frankie. Even if he's silent, at least you gave it your best shot.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Oh and I'm not sure if someone has said this yet, but let me go ahead and do it.

-Begin PWI money hoarding conspiracy theories-
    PWI purposely let this glitch slip in because it's only available to well geared players, which makes people want to spend more money on gear so they can afford to level

/end conspiracy theories
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Oh and I'm not sure if someone has said this yet, but let me go ahead and do it.

-Begin PWI money hoarding conspiracy theories-
    PWI purposely let this glitch slip in because it's only available to well geared players, which makes people want to spend more money on gear so they can afford to level

/end conspiracy theories

If you want the gear its in the game the only factor you haven't factored in is time. Some people get their R8 now, Some people get their R8 in 3 years time. I know people in PW MY who got their 8 jun in 2.4 years and let me tell ya. They've got a hell-of-a lot more patience over there.

Sure Rank 9 is 15XX USD
    But Rank 8 is only between 75 USD and 55 USD pending on your Rank amount and "Oh dear shock horror people sell tokens. Reputation comes off of quests and dare we say it. They also sell Officer Badges.

They ALSO don't have large quantites of cheap platinum charms OR a Jones Blessing to shoot an eye from.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @ Kinjeto: You could not be more wrong about exploits being "part" of the game... So would you think it is right to mess with the ini-files because that is a glitch... Or better yet, recoding your character's performance ingame to go in god mode on an online game like some GM when you aren't?
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    No offence intended, and forgive Fuzzy if the panda is out of line, but thats a nice 103 avatar you have there now... b:shocked

Lol thanks but you are about 8 months late in noticing it...

Who knows when I'll hit 104 though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    @ Kinjeto: You could not be more wrong about exploits being "part" of the game... So would you think it is right to mess with the ini-files because that is a glitch... Or better yet, recoding your character's performance ingame to go in god mode on an online game like some GM when you aren't?

So would you think it is right to mess with the ini-files because that is a glitch

If you want to address the INI EDITING ISSUE.

Then you ask yourself the question:
    - Is it doing harm to the game? No
    - Is it doing harm to the player base? No
    - Are players still suffering negative consequences when they do it? Yes - characters look like ****

It practically borders on BUG -> FEATURE. Because its there and can be improved upon

Or better yet, recoding your character's performance ingame to go in god mode on an online game like some GM when you aren't?

Then your asked this:
    - Is it harming the player base? Yes
    - Is it doing harm to the game? Yes
    - Do players suffer negative consequences? No

So therefore its an Exploit.

The thing you fail to realise Yulk is you can practically put all this into logic gate theorium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gates

Well that is one thing you certainly can't troll? Eh Yulk? b:laugh

b i t . l y /
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lol thanks but you are about 8 months late in noticing it...

Sorry Asterelle.. bad karma for the panda, and credit where it is due. b:cold
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2011

So would you think it is right to mess with the ini-files because that is a glitch

If you want to address the INI EDITING ISSUE.

Then you ask yourself the question:
    - Is it doing harm to the game? No
    - Is it doing harm to the player base? No
    - Are players still suffering negative consequences when they do it? Yes - characters look like ****

It practically borders on BUG -> FEATURE. Because its there and can be improved upon

Or better yet, recoding your character's performance ingame to go in god mode on an online game like some GM when you aren't?

Then your asked this:
    - Is it harming the player base? Yes
    - Is it doing harm to the game? Yes
    - Do players suffer negative consequences? No

So therefore its an Exploit.

The thing you fail to realise Yulk is you can practically put all this into logic gate theorium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gates

Well that is one thing you certainly can't troll? Eh Yulk? b:laugh

If you think I am trolling, just because I am on this char, too lazy to switch... Exploit is STILL an exploit. It does cause chaos no matter how you do that, it is STILL against the rules.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    If you think I am trolling, just because I am on this char, too lazy to switch... Exploit is STILL an exploit. It does cause chaos no matter how you do that, it is STILL against the rules.

You seem to be a bit taken a back, bbaaaaahhhroe? lolumad? b:chuckle
    b i t . l y /
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    trollololol
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    6 am - 7:30 am pst and I've already seen several world chats on sanctuary asking for clerics and other classes for the fcc glitch. People yell it out in world chat like they aren't even worried about being punished.b:chuckle

If abusing/spamming/having fun with the fcc dragoon glitch is bannable or against the rules in any way, I would like it if there were a sticky in general discussion stating that its wrong and that players can be punished for it b:laugh.

Also, I can't find any catshops selling vacuity powder to make normal fcc runs easier. I see one shop selling it for 200,000 coins each, but I hope its a joke and I won't say any names X3.
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    6 am - 7:30 am pst and I've already seen several world chats on sanctuary asking for clerics and other classes for the fcc glitch. People yell it out in world chat like they aren't even worried about being punished.b:chuckle

If abusing/spamming/having fun with the fcc dragoon glitch is bannable or against the rules in any way, I would like it if there were a sticky in general discussion stating that its wrong and that players can be punished for it b:laugh.

Also, I can't find any catshops selling vacuity powder to make normal fcc runs easier. I see one shop selling it for 200,000 coins each, but I hope its a joke and I won't say any names X3.

I'd go further and suggest a mention on the splash screen before login, where the other obvious bannable offenses are listed. But let's be honest here, the people exploiting the glitch know what they're doing, and they know it's against the ToS. At this point it's fast approaching a critical mass of players doing so despite this.

Oooh how I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Foster City as marketer meets lawyer and they try to figure this thing out. One thing for sure, Frankie seems to have been pretty effectively muzzled, at least for the time being.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    There has been much talk about it and even more questions. Fuzzy is going to press Frankie for an official reply. b:surrender

Fuzzy that would be awesome cause.... fc heads just isnt really cutting it for levels....cant hyper enough since i can only do 1 a day b:cold
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *makes goonz not spawn from boss anymore at all*
    *makes delta give 30x the exp/ make a higher setting for delta to make it give 30x more exp*

wala
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How the hell does that fix anything, I thought people were ******** about other people leveling much quicker than they did from stealth solo FCC? So how is having Delta give 30x more exp any different? If you're going to have Delta give 30x more exp, might as well keep the Dragoon glitch too.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    I thought people were ******** about other people leveling much quicker than they did from a glitch in the game that was never intended to work as it is being used

Fixed
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    So 30x exp in Delta would be much better because it would be intended? What if there comes a glitch in Delta that gave 30x exp?

"They should just make FCC give 30x exp and fix this glitch" - is that what you'd say?
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    So 30x exp in Delta would be much better because it would be intended? What if there comes a glitch in Delta that gave 30x exp?

"They should just make FCC give 30x exp and fix this glitch" - is that what you'd say?

It would be much better as a higher setting mode to still be challenging to the OP players doing this giltch, it would be intended, it wouldn't get hypered as the experience would be from the quest, and thus it can have no "glitch."

The biggest problem with this glitch is PWI has to get china to fix it for them. That's honestly the biggest problem with the game in every aspect of it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The biggest problem with this glitch is PWI has to get china to fix it for them. That's honestly the biggest problem with the game in every aspect of it.

I don't know, the surplus of attention-craving kids with short attention spans and daddy's credit card might trump that, but I catch your point. b:chuckle
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They really do need a new rebirth. It's past due for the levels.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the thing thats most annoying is the people exploiting this glitch/bug whatever you want to call this probably wont get punished for this even when they are asking for dragoon squads in WC >.> im seeing it alot today "looking for dragoon squad 98+" in WORLD CHAT lol its not like its hard to find the people exploiting it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They really do need a new rebirth. It's past due for the levels.

Been waiting for the 100+ Rebirth...It is there just needs to be implemented b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Been waiting for the 100+ Rebirth...It is there just needs to be implemented b:shutup

Which map/setup do/will they use for it? b:question
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Maybe this is a bit traditionalist but I liked it more when it was hard to level and even without fcc. Sure if you have several chars you don't want to repeat the same stuff again as far as possible but with this glitch it's pointless to level otherwise at high levels. And what about those sins who leveled in fcc to have the advantage of a high level?
    In game history is repeating itself. If you worked hard for something it becomes worthless (or much less worth) all of a sudden like R8/Nirvana a few month ago. Even if the reason isn't that levels are to buy in boutique (yet).
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    In game history is repeating itself. If you worked hard for something it becomes worthless (or much less worth) all of a sudden like R8/Nirvana a few month ago. Even if the reason isn't that levels are to buy in boutique (yet).

OMG this ><
    I don't know how people haven't gotten this into their heads yet, thinking glitching for exp is a bigger crime than what PWI has been doing. What a joke of a game you all play in, then for some of you to turn around and be pretentious enough to demand that people get banned because your efforts spent in this game became worthless (as if PWI haven't been doing just that repeatedly) is just ridiculous and ironic.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Who knows when I'll hit 104 though!

Looks like today, lol. Grats.
  • carocaina
    carocaina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It is not the only glitch b:chuckle U can get two bosses in TT from each spot and nobody mind on that.
    Hope it get fixed soon b:bye
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why do people dislike this glitch? I know so many people that have leveled so much from this glitch already, and they didnt become better players from it or anything.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Let me get this straight... How can sins actually solo FCC pre-99 ???????????????????????????? I haven't seen one sin actually DO this, I even rarely seen sins solo glacial shade (if I remember right), most of them I squad with back then were unable to even do that, yet my cleric could do that easily.... Maybe for 99 and above they can, but what about the ones before 99????

i could solo fcc since lv 90 on my sin, would take a bit more time but i have done it when couldnt find a nice squad, and it wasnt much charm **** (50-100k maybe)