Comments

• Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ill be sooo happy when i can edit my wizzie a little bit. b:pleased
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do happen to know what i'm talking about, obvioulsy all those who bashed me don't...

Under Terms of Service:
    Subject to these Terms and any applicable EULA, PWE grants to you, for your noncommercial and personal use only, a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, nontransferable and nonsublicensable license to access and use the Service and the Proprietary Materials

Except as expressly permitted in these Terms or in the applicable EULA, such license does not include, and you agree not to engage in, any:.....

section: 9
    article (d) (there is no (c))
    (d) modifying, adapting, altering, enhancing, or otherwise making any derivative uses of any Games, game content or other Proprietary Materials, or any portion thereof;

As i said, IF there are changes made allowing certain character modifications, they will be implemented so that anybody can utilize them without editing .ini files but with a makeover scroll or during character creation.

pwnt/learn/s.t.f.u
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mogwai wrote: »
    I do happen to know what i'm talking about, obvioulsy all those who bashed me don't...

Under Terms of Service:
    Subject to these Terms and any applicable EULA, PWE grants to you, for your noncommercial and personal use only, a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, nontransferable and nonsublicensable license to access and use the Service and the Proprietary Materials

Except as expressly permitted in these Terms or in the applicable EULA, such license does not include, and you agree not to engage in, any:.....

(d) modifying, adapting, altering, enhancing, or otherwise making any derivative uses of any Games, game content or other Proprietary Materials, or any portion thereof;

As i said, IF there are changes made allowing certain character modifications, they will be implemented so that anybody can utilize them without editing .ini files but with a makeover scroll or during character creation.

pwnt/learn/****

They can easily permit it in those terms and the CM is pushing for the ToS to be updated to allow ini editing now. That has not been stated only by the current CM though. But also the last CM and two different GMs at the meet and greet event. That is not just our word but that of the GMs. In addition they have a made game file modifying exception in the past. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1014171

Not only that but it is expressly permitted on the European servers.

So no, you don't know what you're talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Under Terms of Service:

pwnt/learn/s.t.f.u
    According to ToS you can be banned for liking the color purple. Considering this isn't the first time a rule has changed and that what we're asking for is easier and more likely than what you're saying will happen, your argument holds no weight

Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.
  • mogwai
    edited October 2012
    thanks for proving it yet again

scroll down to Sangodoc's post & follow the "here" link where eatwithspoons had made a post to clarify

it speaks volumes to me about people who so easily want to brush aside the rules for their own petty reasons
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012

scroll down to Sangodoc's post & follow the "here" link where eatwithspoons had made a post to clarify

it speaks volumes to me about people who so easily want to brush aside the rules for their own petty reasons

eatwithspoons hasn't worked for the company since very early 2009. Frankieraye and V4liance have both stated the PWI's policy towards it in the process of shifting and that rule could very well see a change in the near future. The point isn't that it was disallowed in the past, the point is that the rule no longer makes sense and there is precedence for allowing ini file changes.

it speaks volumes to me about people who so easily want to brush aside obvious progress for their own petty reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Don't you hate it when someone pops in and doesn't read the thread but thinks they know everything? It speaks volumes to me about people who so easily want to brush aside common sense to look smart.

The TOS is words. Words change. That is the purpose of this thread, to push to have the TOS changed to match the current allowances of the other official servers. Every other official server that hosts this game that is not in the US completely and totally allows ini editing and ini edited characters to exist without reprimanding the player. This includes characters with non-race specific hairstyles, like in that link Sangdoc mentioned, in case you thought I didn't read it. Only the US servers are under such strict editing rules.

If you don't understand the the simple concept that words are easier to change than programming, then perhaps you should go elsewhere.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • mogwai
    edited October 2012
    in other words (for the comprehension challenged)

if you modify a file that only your PC reads & affects only what you see then it is permitted, on the other hand if an edit is made which affects what other people in-game can see then it is NOT permitted.

yes i realize that there has been some turnover in staff since those posts (why did you direct me there then?) but anyways the ToS has been updated since then (Date of Last Revision: May 29, 2012)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Don't you hate it when someone pops in and doesn't read the thread but thinks they know everything?

The TOS is words. Words change. That is the purpose of this thread.

If you don't understand the the simple concept that words are easier to change than programming, then perhaps you should go elsewhere.b:chuckle

^ This.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What are you doing here if you're not in favor of the bill? I'm gonna say this once, kindly gtfo. This thread is for people supporting the bill, not haters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited October 2012
    Don't you hate it when someone pops in and doesn't read the thread but thinks they know everything? It speaks volumes to me about people who so easily want to brush aside common sense to look smart.

The TOS is words. Words change. That is the purpose of this thread, to push to have the TOS changed to match the current allowances of the other official servers. Every other official server that hosts this game that is not in the US completely and totally allows ini editing and ini edited characters to exist without reprimanding the player. This includes characters with non-race specific hairstyles, like in that link Sangdoc mentioned, in case you thought I didn't read it. Only the US servers are under such strict editing rules.

This too. Besides, it's a 100% fact that there are certain GMs already pushing for INI editing. It's also a 100% fact that it is allowed on the European servers by GM approval, which effectively means anyone can edit their characters files. But in order to use the edited file, they must sign into the European servers. Since they are already in the process of allowing facial ini editing that means it is closer to being allowed than the code being changed to unlock the hair and eyes for all classes. Especially given the fact that PWCN already allows ini editing and thus all of their players already have this access without costly code updates.

Those things are NOT matters of opinion or up for debate. They are fact. Now whether or not you agree with the petition personally or feel they should allow them is a matter of personal opinion. But you can spout the ToS all you want, it won't change those facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mogwai
    edited October 2012
    getting trolled by a mod, nice

Upon getting caught, any common criminal will try to justify their actions. This seems no different.

next troll....
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    What are you doing here if you're not in favor of the bill? I'm gonna say this once, kindly gtfo. This thread is for people supporting the bill, not haters.

Haters are fine if they can provide legitimate reason and arguments. It's not fair to present a biased poll, after all. It's ones that can't provide a decent argument that need to back off and not act stubborn for the sake of being stubborn.

That said, I love you guys. Seriously. b:heart
  • mogwai
    edited October 2012
    Who said if i was for or against? i am all for a patch making it available to any non-savvy user in the creator, but i am wholly against simply permitting it as a .ini mod. Because then we get people wanting to change even more in those files which could get nasty.

next troll....

assume makes an *** out of u and me
    edited October 2012
    in other words (for the comprehension challenged)

if you modify a file that only your PC reads & affects only what you see then it is permitted, on the other hand if an edit is made which affects what other people in-game can see then it is NOT permitted.

yes i realize that there has been some turnover in staff since those posts (why did you direct me there then?) but anyways the ToS has been updated since then (Date of Last Revision: May 29, 2012)

I directed you there because it shows precedent. The ToS has been updated since then to reflect that change but at the time of creation it was an exception to the rules. Since you want to get caught up in the ToS which is the legalese, I figured you'd know how important precedence is when deciding this kind of thing.

getting trolled by a mod, nice

Upon getting caught, any common criminal will try to justify their actions. This seems no different.

next troll....

And laws change all the time. What used to be illegal can become legal. Prohibition in the United States for example ended because it was unreasonable (costs to the police, unenforceable, costs to the prisons, costs to society, all too high to justify the banning of alcohol) and several people petitioned for it to change. Now not only did it change, but drinking alcohol is a practically a constitutional right in the United States since they can't outlaw it's sale completely again. We're passing around a petition, thats how you get unfair laws changed in the real world. Sometimes laws need to change.

Or are you under the bizarre impression that there is no such thing as a bad rule/law and nobody should ever work to change them ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find it funny That person is accusing everyone in this thread of being criminals justifying their actions. Not everyone in this thread has .ini edited where it is illegal. Not everyone in this thread has .ini edited at all. Assume, you say?

This is just a case of an idiot thread hopper, crying for attention. You could also call it a textbook troll. He did what he set out to do, got everyone irritated and pissy.

Rage-y tirade time:

PWE chose to make it so only the US east and west coast servers were prohibited. We are not the only version of this game that exists. .ini editing is allowed in them all. You can't even browse the PWCN website without seeing .ini edited characters everywhere. That's where our content is from. We want to be able to edit, as well. We get the bad from the mothership, why not the good, too?

Just to make it clear: I am only talking about PERFECT WORLD games, not MMOs that are similar, popular, etc. PERFECT WORLD. Comprende?

Speaking of reading... Why not just take the time out to look up how to .ini edit? Ask questions? I am sure you looked up how to get gears or how to play your class. ... There's no patch to hand you your best gear on a silver platter. b:shutup

Why do we need to wait for an update from China, that most likely will never come? PWE doesn't make the updates for the game. The developers from PWCN do. It also costs time and money, which I am sure no one wants to waste on something the players could learn to do themselves.

As a silly person once posted in this thread: "next troll..."
  • mogwai
    edited October 2012
    I find it funny That person is accusing everyone in this thread of being criminals justifying their actions. Not everyone in this thread has .ini edited where it is illegal. Not everyone in this thread has .ini edited at all. Assume, you say? - everyone, where?

This is just a case of an idiot thread hopper, crying for attention. You could also call it a textbook troll. He did what he set out to do, got everyone irritated and pissy. - some of the others have a long history of ticking off others on purpose, while maintaining what would seem like a positive attitude, when it's really not.

thanks for being the --> "next troll..."

If i trolled you'd KNOW IT without a doubt.
    I actually give 1/2 a **** about what happens to this game while i'm playing it, so i'm not just some random thread hopper. (thus subscribing to it...)

When people who don't know what their doing or are frivolous start to modify files, it can have very bad repercussions, not to mention all the Tech Support threads it would create.

For some examples you could easily search youtube using .ini mod + whatever **** you can think of in the search parameters.

anymore to get on the hate mogwai band wagon? (you can do this by selecting one seemingly sensitive statement, then making a misinformed reply with a quote), go go go

just remember, i said i'm ALL FOR enabling any available character customizations, but in my opinion it should be through a patch and not via .ini mod
    edited October 2012
    If i trolled you'd KNOW IT without a doubt.look! I can quote and put red text here, too!
    I actually give 1/2 a **** about what happens to this game while i'm playing it, so i'm not just some random thread hopper. (thus subscribing to it...)you must be all sorts of proud to admit that. too bad it has no merit if you haven't been posting in said thread very long.

When people who don't know what their it's spelled they're. sorry, people drive me nuts with that misspelling.doing or are frivolous start to modify files, it can have very bad repercussions, not to mention all the Tech Support threads it would create.

For some examples you could easily search youtube using .ini mod + whatever **** you can think of in the search parameters.

anymore to get on the hate mogwai band wagon? (you can do this by selecting one seemingly sensitive statement, then making a misinformed reply with a quote), go go go
    that is called trolling. you attempt to provoke people with your post.
    just remember, i said i'm ALL FOR enabling any available character customizations, but in my opinion it should be through a patch and not via .ini modwrong thread for that, bro.

You're not getting anywhere. Everyone in this thread has been here for months. The opinions, stances and what we want from this have already been decided and are already being looked at. You are simply becoming an annoyance. No one hates you, they just all wish you'd move on.

You're posting an opinion that's already been addressed more than once. If you feel so strongly about your opinion, simply make a new thread. This is a thread for one thing, a change in TOS to allow edits. Not a "lets claw and scream for ANY way to implement edits", thread. If you're not so sure about that, check the title again.

.ini editing is not something brand new that all the "cool kids" are trying. It's been around a while. I even learned how to do it, granted I only did it once on Momaganon. There are enough instructions on how to do it out there. If the person chooses to ruin their game and not read, they do so at their own risk. Everyone should not be taken down for the sake of one person's mistake.

Also, the post you made about criminals ITT? It's... Right there. Quoted by VenusArmani. So you can't change it. I want to see you explain that.

Now, lets see what you've gathered from that and if your next post will call my post a "troll". I will understand a little bit more about you from there.
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    The opinions, stances and what we want from this have already been decided and are already being looked at.

You are simply becoming an annoyance.

No one hates you, they just all wish you'd move on.

Now, lets see what you've gathered from that and if your next post will call my post a "troll". I will understand a little bit more about you from there.

Val, the new CM has said he's looking into it, Frankie has even said he was looking into it, me and the other mods have been all for it, I'm not sure what your really arguing about.
  • mogwai
    edited October 2012
    *ignores the negativity*
    toomanyflawsandholestostickadaggerintowhichfranklyisnotworthmytime

Very well if it must be an ini edit because it's a more simple approach, then during character creation there needs to be a link within that leads to a how to guide. ijs the casual user might not even know this type of editing exists.

Mayb in the guide it could be explained that PWI is too poor to retain anyone's services for implementing something that should have been there in the 1st place.
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    *ignores the negativity*
    toomanyflawsandholestostickadaggerintowhichfranklyisnotworthmytime

Very well if it must be an ini edit because it's a more simple approach, then during character creation there needs to be a link within that leads to a how to guide. ijs the casual user might not even know this type of editing exists.

Mayb in the guide it could be explained that PWI is too poor to retain anyone's services for implementing something that should have been there in the 1st place.

Ok, so the problem is that you don't like ini. editing because you think people are stupid and will mess up the files of the game. You want PWI to patch the game and make it so all the hairstyles and stuff show up in the game creation screen rather than having to go through the files correct?

That would be a good idea if it didn't have to go through PWCN, where we get all our patches. They won't make a patch like that because they allow ini editing, so it would be a waste of money and time. PWI cannot make the patch. It HAS to come from PWCN.

That leaves us the only option...ini edit as well. It isn't hard to learn, and if they allowed it I would happily post a "Ini Editing Guide for Dummies" in the beginner thread that would be easy to find. I'm sure many people would happily do the same. Any decent player checks the forums when they have a question, so they wouldn't even HAVE to google search it.

That's why this thread is pushing ini editing, because we have no other way to get the modifications we want to our player. Letting players edit only the character creation files shouldn't harm anything, and if they mess up their game editing something else and not following a guide, it's their own stupid fault.
    edited October 2012
    Ok, so the problem is that you don't like ini. editing because you think people are stupid and will mess up the files of the game. You want PWI to patch the game and make it so all the hairstyles and stuff show up in the game creation screen rather than having to go through the files correct?

That would be a good idea if it didn't have to go through PWCN, where we get all our patches. They won't make a patch like that because they allow ini editing, so it would be a waste of money and time. PWI cannot make the patch. It HAS to come from PWCN.

That leaves us the only option...ini edit as well. It isn't hard to learn, and if they allowed it I would happily post a "Ini Editing Guide for Dummies" in the beginner thread that would be easy to find. I'm sure many people would happily do the same. Any decent player checks the forums when they have a question, so they wouldn't even HAVE to google search it.

That's why this thread is pushing ini editing, because we have no other way to get the modifications we want to our player. Letting players edit only the character creation files shouldn't harm anything, and if they mess up their game editing something else and not following a guide, it's their own stupid fault.

That's what I said... Minus the part about someone creating a guide. We are not horrible people who don't help out.. so I figured a guide to this would have been a given.

As for our good friend mogwai:

I just chose to ignore that person. No real reason to respond to them. They would rather hijack this thread, **** the posters off and call our points "full of holes", than make their own thread. No matter what anyone has said to them, they feel very strongly about their opinion. So let them have it.

Just positive that the overall consensus would rather mogwai take it elsewhere.
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    That's what I said... Minus the part about someone creating a guide. We are not horrible people who don't help out.. so I figured a guide to this would have been a given.

As for our good friend mogwai:

I just chose to ignore that person. No real reason to respond to them. They would rather hijack this thread, **** the posters off and call our points "full of holes", than make their own thread. No matter what anyone has said to them, they feel very strongly about their opinion. So let them have it.

Just positive that the overall consensus would rather mogwai take it elsewhere.

I know. Just thought I would throw in my support. I always have been backing this thread. Just not always on this character though. I wanted to bump this characters post count up, my other characters post count is too damn high.
  • Infie - Heavens Tear
    Infie - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    HOLY FREAKING COW

They did not just allow us to ini-edit. O_O /speechless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[ ♥ My Characters:
    100 Mystic - retired
    101 Assassin - current main
    9x Seeker - future main ♥ ]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    HOLY FREAKING COW

They did not just allow us to ini-edit. O_O /speechless

FISH WITH MUSTACHES. My partner will be so very happy! b:thanks

EDIT: Does this mean barbs can have mohawks now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited October 2012
    I SAW! I think I tripped over myself running up the stairs to see if it was true.

What a great day it has been.

b:pleased

b:victory

Thank you everyone for fighting for this and for not telling me to shut up about it. <3

To the haters: well... What can I say? You made compelling arguments (sometimes) and some of you helped us shape our stances a little better. I hope you can learn to enjoy this as much as us supporters will.

@Hey You: I don't know if you tipped the scales or what, but thanks for helping us out!
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey guys, check out the post on the new INI editing rules! Facial modifications are now a go!
    edited October 2012
    hurrrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    @Hey You: I don't know if you tipped the scales or what, but thanks for helping us out!

Hey!

What about me? b:bye
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Today is a great day for us all. So happy this has finally passed through. A huge thank you to Hey, you! as well as Krisnda and .. well... everyone here really. You all helped make this possible.

b:heart all of ya.
This discussion has been closed.