edited September 2012
    edit: nvm I just saw the posts. LOL

What happened? xD?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    What happened? xD?

Ah, I thought it wasn't stickied. Because I hit today's posts and saw someone asking why it wasn't stickied. But it is stickied again already, if it ever was unstickied. So just ignore me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love how some people rage when they ask if I like their fashion and the conversation goes like this:

Them: I finally got the dies for my new fashion last night. What'd you think?
    Me: Dunno, didn't look.
    Them: I've been wearing it all night!
    Me: I don't look at fashion but I'll check it out (meets somewhere). You're a girl?
    Them: We've been playing together for 3 months and you've never noticed?
    Me: Everyone's asexual online. Don't really pay attention. Just assume if you're gaming, you're a guy.
    Them: I'm not! Hence the new dress. It matches my hair perfectly.
    Me: Dunno, I have customizations turned off.
    Them:b:angry

Some of us play pwi for the game, others for the socialization, others for... I guess the fashion/designing? I personally see no reason to edit .ini files because I play pwi for the game itself, not for the looks. But I'd hate to stifle someone else's enjoyment or creation. However "harmless edits" isn't a clear line and can be moved into other forms of file editing. One person wants the eyes and hair editable, the next wants body thickness and height editable, the first person wants creative input but wants to deny the second person their creative input.

I'm leaning towards a no vote. Sorry guys, but I don't see a reason for this. I think a better solution is pwi making earthguard eyes available on other classes or tideborn hair rather than opening the gates of file editing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love how some people rage when they ask if I like their fashion and the conversation goes like this:

Them: I finally got the dies for my new fashion last night. What'd you think?
    Me: Dunno, didn't look.
    Them: I've been wearing it all night!
    Me: I don't look at fashion but I'll check it out (meets somewhere). You're a girl?
    Them: We've been playing together for 3 months and you've never noticed?
    Me: Everyone's asexual online. Don't really pay attention. Just assume if you're gaming, you're a guy.
    Them: I'm not! Hence the new dress. It matches my hair perfectly.
    Me: Dunno, I have customizations turned off.
    Them:b:angry

Some of us play pwi for the game, others for the socialization, others for... I guess the fashion/designing? I personally see no reason to edit .ini files because I play pwi for the game itself, not for the looks. But I'd hate to stifle someone else's enjoyment or creation. However "harmless edits" isn't a clear line and can be moved into other forms of file editing. One person wants the eyes and hair editable, the next wants body thickness and height editable, the first person wants creative input but wants to deny the second person their creative input.

I'm leaning towards a no vote. Sorry guys, but I don't see a reason for this. I think a better solution is pwi making earthguard eyes available on other classes or tideborn hair rather than opening the gates of file editing.

I could accept your opinion... If all of the other Perfect World versions/servers were unable to edit.

I've said it before and I will say it again... And will probably have to repeat myself in the near future:

We are the only servers that are not allowed to edit. We are asking for a fix in the ToS. We are not asking for a graphic overhaul. This is an unfair rule to stick to only one set of players. EU servers can edit. The mothership servers can edit. Every other damn version of Perfect World can/could edit. We, as the players of the United States Perfect World International servers, would like to be able to .ini edit.

Please, next time, get all of the facts at hand before telling us it's a bad idea. You seem like a nice fellow and I don't mean to insult you.

If other servers/versions of this game can come up with a good ToS to allow this, why can't we?
    edited September 2012
    I could accept your opinion... If all of the other Perfect World versions/servers were unable to edit.

I've said it before and I will say it again... And will probably have to repeat myself in the near future:

We are the only servers that are not allowed to edit. We are asking for a fix in the ToS. We are not asking for a graphic overhaul. This is an unfair rule to stick to only one set of players. EU servers can edit. The mothership servers can edit. Every other damn version of Perfect World can/could edit. We, as the players of the United States Perfect World International servers, would like to be able to .ini edit.

Please, next time, get all of the facts at hand before telling us it's a bad idea. You seem like a nice fellow and I don't mean to insult you.

If other servers/versions of this game can come up with a good ToS to allow this, why can't we?

This. It's a game mechanic, that's why the files are stored clientside and organized. That's why the folder for reference pictures is also in the same folder. So that your client can interact with the files in that folder. The GMs have even stated that they have to devote many hours to it when their time is better spent elsewhere, and the ONLY reason that it isn't allowed is because it would require them to modify the ToS. It is approved by Wanmei the parent company of the game for use and they are the ones that developed the game. It has been approved since the game started, so obviously it was something that was intended to be modified from the start. Why do you think the file isn't stored client side? Why do you think it doesn't require hacking software to view the code inside of it?

And body size edits to the point you cannot click someone falls under exploiting glitches. It is NOT a creativity thing, it's a gameplay reason why it shouldn't be allowed. Because it DOES affect other's gameplay, whereas swapping out earthguard eyes does not. THAT is why the body modification thing is a problem and for the record that is one of the reasons we have tab targetting. Because the developers of the game wrote code around ini editing rather than disallowing it. That is why it's allowed on every server region but two, and this goes for all of PW. Not just PWI.

And now that it's been allowed on the European server, that means it is no longer banned to modify the files. They can't outright ban it because it's allowed on the EU servers. You just aren't allowed to select East Coast and West Coast when you click play. If you do it, you MUST select the European server or risk being banned. Which is completely and totally unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Ah, I thought it wasn't stickied. Because I hit today's posts and saw someone asking why it wasn't stickied. But it is stickied again already, if it ever was unstickied. So just ignore me. b:chuckle

It was. I fixed that :3.
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Suggestions:

1. Daily Event;
    Every player when log to game, become a small gift to mail box. b:victory
    It could be everything, it's a "Good Morning, have a fun in PWI". It's make a 100% better feel on game. This gift could depend on lvl and class. For example, for player lvl 1-30(1x Hyper EXP Stone Daily, bound/can't trade or discard ect), 30-50lvl(100x HP/MP Potions Daily, bound/can't trade or discard ect), 50-70lvl(Daily, 1x "Ultimate Substance" for TT(Players up lvl60, can do TT weapon quicker, "Ultimate Substance", can't be traded/bound/can't sell it etc),
    70-90(Daily, 1x Marvelous Box, Random Item(can't be traded/bound/can't sell etc), 90-105(Daily, 1x Platinum Box(Best box for best lvls :) (can't be traded/bound/can't sell etc).b:dirty

Now it's "wroth" to play PWI every day b:chuckle

2. Fix Buff by Cleric.
    Well this is a know to all bug, need to be fix "Magic Shell" buff by Clerics.

3. Revive Skill book(sage/demon)by Cleric.
    It's should be a reward from quest. Now why?.
    Cleric, can't revive by self, so this skill is useless for cleric at self, can be used only for others players b:surrender
    Price of this book in game are over 14mil, it's not fair at all, so I think.
    It's better to do not loose 0.1% after death, this is a only skill witch can be for free.

Looking for forward to hearing from YOU ALL b:bye
    edited October 2012
    qupidyn wrote: »
    Suggestions:

1. Daily Event;
    Every player when log to game, become a small gift to mail box. b:victory
    It could be everything, it's a "Good Morning, have a fun in PWI". It's make a 100% better feel on game. This gift could depend on lvl and class. For example, for player lvl 1-30(1x Hyper EXP Stone Daily, bound/can't trade or discard ect), 30-50lvl(100x HP/MP Potions Daily, bound/can't trade or discard ect), 50-70lvl(Daily, 1x "Ultimate Substance" for TT(Players up lvl60, can do TT weapon quicker, "Ultimate Substance", can't be traded/bound/can't sell it etc),
    70-90(Daily, 1x Marvelous Box, Random Item(can't be traded/bound/can't sell etc), 90-105(Daily, 1x Platinum Box(Best box for best lvls :) (can't be traded/bound/can't sell etc).b:dirty

Now it's "wroth" to play PWI every day b:chuckle

2. Fix Buff by Cleric.

3. Revive Skill book(sage/demon)by Cleric.
    It's should be a reward from quest. Now why?.
    Cleric, can't revive by self, so this skill is useless for cleric at self, can be used only for others players b:surrender
    Price of this book in game are over 14mil, it's not fair at all, so I think.
    It's better to do not loose 0.1% after death, this is a only skill witch can be for free.

Looking for forward to hearing from YOU ALL b:bye

wrong thread, this one is to allow ini editing. You want this thread. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1501261
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    qupidyn wrote: »
    2. Fix Buff by Cleric.

Okay, I know this is the wrong thread for corrections, but magic shell was fixed months ago, you know. b:chuckle

<.< Uh, on topic: I'm still supporting this. b:victory Come on, just a few little words changed in the TOS. We're not asking for miracles here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    I'm not saying anything for certain, but a change in the TOS to allow only facial INI editing is being looked at. b:kiss
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That news makes me happy.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I'm not saying anything for certain, but a change in the TOS to allow only facial INI editing is being looked at. b:kiss

I hope they're as smart to extend that to skin colour too. Because else you could edit your face colour but it would be bannable to make your body colour match '__'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pretty sure the skin color spectrum is being included in the review.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
    edited October 2012
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    :o hooray! This sounds like a good step forward. I guess pushing with the database (thats slowly filling up) and bumps of reminders on other threads are helping :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    So...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2012
    With this new situation... How are we to know what is happening with this? Will a mod fill us in when it becomes official?

:T I wonder who the new CM will be... Or if they are going to give us one at all.
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    With this new situation... How are we to know what is happening with this? Will a mod fill us in when it becomes official?

:T I wonder who the new CM will be... Or if they are going to give us one at all.

You know I will, either that, or the new CM. b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    *twiddles thumbs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited October 2012
    I am curious if anyone's come in touch with Hey, you! yet and where his views on this lay. It'd really suck to have to start over because of having a new CM, so I'm hoping that won't become the case.
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    I am curious if anyone's come in touch with Hey, you! yet and where his views on this lay. It'd really suck to have to start over because of having a new CM, so I'm hoping that won't become the case.

Oh man, I hadn't even thought of that. Don't let this get lost in the shuffle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • thebluebeast
    thebluebeast Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm, i voted for yes, cause im for that kind of editing ok... but not without rules, strong ones... and that would mean some things for me...

As first, i would say editing is allowed in following way: U have as example an elf but u think that eyes from earthguards would fit ur elf toon better as all the elf ones... ok u can take that eyes from there, should be allowed... or u have a female BM and think, hey that Veno Hairs looks great... ok u can take em... but u dont love that Hairbow on that Veno Hairs... no way to allow to edit this thingy... u love the hairs... ok take em but just so as they are no change on em allowed... Make eyes bigger with edit as the normal options allow... NO

So far to this part... another part, u said already... allow face edits ok... but not body... take out all that small barb bodys from game pls... too small bodys should allways be forbidden for some reasons... its ugly... and its not fair in pvp ( im a non pvper... but im a fair person in all ways, so for the guys that like it... ok and in this case its not fair with small bodys), take out that rubens bodys... take out that dolly buster and upper ****... all that have nothing to do with have a beautiful toon... ok i know out there in the world are ppl that love things like that... but let it say so... i dont have a problem when ppl love things... but this community is small and this kind of love optical thingys like that ones have to do with sexual things... and that have nothing to do with a game, have a toon that looks sexy in a normal way is one thing, have a toon that looks sexy for a small community part in a extreme way is another thing. SO NO BODY EDITINGS... yes

One thing more i think should be forbidden... barb heads should be barb heads... no way to use em on any other races... the one and only thing that should be forbidden as face edit from other races...

And one thing more: give the ppls that have edits time to change em to allowed edits, but after their deadline is gone, time ban, then a small deadline to change em again, then perm ban... and no bans anymore for ppl that do the allowed ones...

I say that last point for a reason... a friend of mine got be banned for some time cause of ini edit. What did he change? He used just eyes from another race. While he was banned and after (sure before too but in that time i thought they just dont do anything against it) i saw small barbs, with small body but big heads, i saw toons with rlly big ****, bigger as possible to do with normal options and so on and so on... and they could keep play their game... and this is not fair... rules should be done like all have the same rules, the same chances and not like a guy have a problem with another player and go report him for ini edit and then this guy get a ban and other guys run through the game, meet gm's in the game and nothing... i know there was a screenshot in forum with a edited toon next to a gm... this was in the same time in here as my friend had his time ban... thats what i mean with not fair... all ppl with same chances pls
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    TWO mods have stated that some potential changes are under review, this means it won't be an .ini modification...it will be available to everyone in the character creator.

.INI modifications have always been, are now, & forever will be against ToS's in any software. U ask for the wrong thing, no wonder it's "ignored" for so long.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    mogwai wrote: »
    TWO mods have stated that some potential changes are under review, this means it won't be an .ini modification...it will be available to everyone in the character creator.

.INI modifications have always been, are now, & forever will be against ToS's in any software. U ask for the wrong thing, no wonder it's "ignored" for so long.

I think your title fits you very well, good sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited October 2012

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about. Good to know.
    edited October 2012

... L2read.

Various people have stated: Not only are the .ini files MADE to be edited, all versions of Perfect World were/are allowed to edit. WE (as in the US east and west coast servers) are the ONLY ones not allowed to edit.

BTW, the potential changes are to the TOS, not to the game itself.

Get it together, Tyrone.

I would like someone to count each time I've responded in like to other thread hoppers who talk out of their ***. Humor me, por favor.

The things I do for mild entertainment...
    edited October 2012

v4liance wrote: »
    Regarding INI editing, that's definitely something I've been looking into. I can't promise anything yet, but I'm definitely pushing to give players the right to facial INI editing.

Oh, really? Even the CM agrees that it's harmless and should be allowed. It's all a matter of changing the ToS so the East/West coats can sign on their ini edited characters as well. And if they can get the legalese good enough for the rest of the staff to be comfortable allowing the change. It's actually already technically allowed to modify the files, since you can sign on and play freely with ini edited characters on the Euro servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012

<--This mod has been for this idea since this thread came out, this mod has been one of the only mods who has been pushing for this, talking to Frankie (when he was here) and Val now. They both said that it is something that they are talking about doing (but haven't gotten into specifics yet). This idea is not being "ignored," nor is it dead.

Please do research before you talk about a topic you obviously know nothing about.
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm glad the new CM is pushing this more than Frankie was, at least it seems like it anyway.
    Still continuing to support this. <3

Aww man....i think my avatar is stuck on lvl 82 cause i haven't lvled in so long. D:
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It makes me anxious lol, I really hope it will turn out well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.