Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It was mentioned earlier that .ini editing was against the ToS since it is a form of editnig game files and that to change the ToS would require every player to re-sign the ToS agreeing to the new change.

I've seen game platforms or other companys do this all the time when they have a ToS revision. They just don't allow players the ability to sign in unless they review the revised ToS and accept the change during an update. It doesn't sound like it would take a lot of work to do since every single acount has to agrre and not a fraction of the population.

Really there is no reason .ini editing hasn't been officially allowed other than pwe staff being lazy.

I am for .ini editing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not really, Roseary. We US server players could go play on the EU servers right now, where ini editing for cosmetical reasons is fine. Without needing to agree to a new ToS.

And ours basically stats that PWE decides what's bannable and what isn't. A simple announcement would fix it, if they allow it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I disagree with both of your deleted posts/other post.

If you have even looked at the 2 Character threads, you would know that most of the characters in there look very diverse (and stunning some of them). And if they did approve of INI editing:

you would think logic says that if there are more options available, looks get more diverse. Tideborn look alike a lot, yeah. But add options from other races or special colours, and you will get diversity. I really don't see that point of yours.

• tehpeach
    tehpeach Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How about instead of crusading for the ability to change INI files the crusade be made for PWI to give the whole makeover service an upgrade. How long have elves humans and untamed looked the same and had same options (shiny skin, dull color eyes, hair that no one ever uses). If they updated the looks they offer maybe people wouldn't feel the need to pry into INI files at all.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tehpeach wrote: »
    How about instead of crusading for the ability to change INI files the crusade be made for PWI to give the whole makeover service an upgrade. How long have elves humans and untamed looked the same and had same options (shiny skin, dull color eyes, hair that no one ever uses). If they updated the looks they offer maybe people wouldn't feel the need to pry into INI files at all.

Knowing PWE, the lazier option is definitely the one they'd prefer to take.

Also, who stickied this?

Was it you Krisnda b:kiss
  • krisnda
    edited August 2012
    Knowing PWE, the lazier option is definitely the one they'd prefer to take.

Also, who stickied this?

Was it you Krisnda b:kiss

Maybe b:cute
  • Mpfi - Sanctuary
    Mpfi - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to bump this, and I'm going to add, after having 4 of my toons banned for ini mods (2 males and 2 females with tideborn hair) and going through a pain process to get them unbanned, I am all for doing whatever it takes to make the people who make the rules see that it is harmless and does not give any player an advantage.

I also feel that they should fire frankieraye (either figurativly or out of a cannon... i'm fine with either) and bring back eatswithspoons.

b:cry i miss spoons b:cry
    "If people get any more picky about their squad makeup, there's going to be a fashion requirement in order to join squads."
    Reliea - Sanctuary
  • xjackxfrostx
    xjackxfrostx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The first thing I would like to point out is that the OP is Q.Qing about an edit that she reported other players for "SEVERAL TIMES". I think if you are going to demand something, you could support underground editing.

The second thing is, I don't like cross-class visuals. As an avid E.Guard user, I enjoy the fact that guards remain independently beautiful as the earth and flowers themselves (as well as look good in every single fash item). Yes, I would love for my main to have a ripped Tideborn body, but that is a feature that also makes Tideborns independent. Tideborn bodies also make pants look awkward.

I think you should not demand INI editing but instead seek out updating of the current visual maps.
    Venomancers should have more seductive, foxly features, possibly fangs. Barbarians need more custom options and possibly the addition of a Rhino.

Elves could use some smoothing, have sharper facials, and have destinctly svelte bodies. The hair could be variated with feather effects (like highschool girls) along with other wind-themes visuals.

Humans may remain asian-esque, but should resemble more closely the artwork portrayed of them instead of the shoddy faces and hairstyles available now. If this race loses its asian heritage, then the architecture of the game ceases to make sense.

With all races other than Tideborn, it is easy and possible to make your character look any race you want. My cleric is convincingly black because I love the contrast of her skin with the wings.

ALSO: Be aware that with these additions comes less availability of customization. Notice Tides and Guards to not have makeup options.
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The first thing I would like to point out is that the OP is Q.Qing about an edit that she reported other players for "SEVERAL TIMES". I think if you are going to demand something, you could support underground editing.

The second thing is, I don't like cross-class visuals. As an avid E.Guard user, I enjoy the fact that guards remain independently beautiful as the earth and flowers themselves (as well as look good in every single fash item). Yes, I would love for my main to have a ripped Tideborn body, but that is a feature that also makes Tideborns independent. Tideborn bodies also make pants look awkward.

I think you should not demand INI editing but instead seek out updating of the current visual maps.
    Venomancers should have more seductive, foxly features, possibly fangs. Barbarians need more custom options and possibly the addition of a Rhino.

Elves could use some smoothing, have sharper facials, and have destinctly svelte bodies. The hair could be variated with feather effects (like highschool girls) along with other wind-themes visuals.

Humans may remain asian-esque, but should resemble more closely the artwork portrayed of them instead of the shoddy faces and hairstyles available now. If this race loses its asian heritage, then the architecture of the game ceases to make sense.

With all races other than Tideborn, it is easy and possible to make your character look any race you want. My cleric is convincingly black because I love the contrast of her skin with the wings.

ALSO: Be aware that with these additions comes less availability of customization. Notice Tides and Guards to not have makeup options.

I... Am... Not sure if you read the whole thread.

If you did, you'd notice that we are the only servers prohibited from .ini editing.

Asking for editing over total graphic revamp is more realistic and editing is more likely to happen(small change in a ToS V.S. hundreds of dollars and hours of work to update visuals). When PWCN updates their graphics, it will most likely happen to our version, too.

I could agree with you about cross class hair transferring. I still want to be able to chose skin colors, etc. I picked a Psychic because of the class concept (and damn it all, I wanted to be a mermaid!). The customization levels of Tideborn are already super low. Not to mention GREY skin tone. Uck b:surrender

I also like the eye texture of Earthguard, but it's not for everyone. Asking for this option makes it fair for everyone. Those who want to edit and one who don't.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Can't be bothered to elaborate atm but: Not everyone wants a general grapgical overhaul. It's a lot of work and unlikely to happen. The OP of this thread had quit as far as I know and it's a shame noone who supports this petition now can edit the OP.

Just my 3 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only graphical overhaul i'd really want is to the older regions sicne the TB and EG areas are so beautiful; although the citys are amazing in their own right.
    le bump for dis http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/perfect-world-entertainment-allow-older-races-in-pwi-to-hav-earthguard-tideborn-hair-eyes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Lionstar - Sanctuary
    Lionstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    heck yea there is nothing wrong with making a custom player with a ini edit.
    thats The Stupidest Rule made
    BTW why in the hell would PWI have a contest that showed ppl how to do INi edits in the 1st place then have the nerve to Ban ppl b:shockedb:sweat

We need a setting to make players a bit taller or shorter and the WBs needs a Fur color settings 2
    and add a Muscle tune settings to all players
    edited August 2012
    heck yea there is nothing wrong with making a custom player with a ini edit.
    thats The Stupidest Rule made
    BTW why in the hell would PWI have a contest that showed ppl how to do INi edits in the 1st place then have the nerve to Ban ppl b:shockedb:sweat

We need a setting to make players a bit taller or shorter and the WBs needs a Fur color settings 2
    and add a Muscle tune settings to all players

I soooooooo agree with you. I would love to pick the height of my character.

That's for another topic, though.
  • krisnda
    edited August 2012
    Why can't there just be advanced makeover scrolls (I know, it's been talked about already) that will allow us to do all the ini edits, except for **** like turning super skinny or fat? It doesn't seem that hard...
  • xjackxfrostx
    xjackxfrostx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I also want to know why it is such a big deal to have ini editing. This isnt IMVU. Is micro bone structure not enough for you to make what you want? And TBH id report an ini edit because an ugly old veno with Earthguard eyes would just be disgusting and offensive. Once again, you should be damanding graphic revamping of the old classes. This would be way less time consuming and more fun for the devs than having to review every .ini edit one by one. And YES, they would have to do that because you would have to resign the service agreement that you will not edit game files every time you do one of these edits.

But really, as elitist as it seems, I dont want to see the crappy older classes running around looking like patchwork frankensteins of my Earthguards.

And yes I will fight with heated passion to prevent .ini editing. Graphic revamping is the way to go.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Just saying, this is the petition for any ini editing, not the place to complain about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I also want to know why it is such a big deal to have ini editing. This isnt IMVU. Is micro bone structure not enough for you to make what you want? And TBH id report an ini edit because an ugly old veno with Earthguard eyes would just be disgusting and offensive. Once again, you should be damanding graphic revamping of the old classes. This would be way less time consuming and more fun for the devs than having to review every .ini edit one by one. And YES, they would have to do that because you would have to resign the service agreement that you will not edit game files every time you do one of these edits.

But really, as elitist as it seems, I dont want to see the crappy older classes running around looking like patchwork frankensteins of my Earthguards.

And yes I will fight with heated passion to prevent .ini editing. Graphic revamping is the way to go.

Good grief, go start your own QQ thread so that the other 2 people who agree with you can QQ together until it hits the bottom of the pile in a whopping 3 days time.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    jackfrost, sweetheart, by banning everyone with ini edits would mean over half the player base would be banned. I think you are just butthurt our characters look prettier with sparkly eyes and decent hair.
    And, believe it or not I have seen an EG using OLD CLASS eyes. And y'know? It worked for them. Next time I am online I will screenie this person given permish.
    By the way, over 900 people disagree with you b:cute

edited August 2012

U mad br0?

I do so admire your courage (or stupidity) for posting here like that.

PWI already has servers that allow editing. We want it for our US ones. Look at the EU servers. The CN servers. All other versions of this game. You'd really fight against us? The -only- servers not allowed to edit, for your cause? Why not make a thread on the EU forums saying you want to ban editing over there? It would be just as stupid as what you're doing here.

Stop trying to force a graphic overhaul(that will never happen) on us. If you really feel it's a problem, make your own thread. What you're asking for costs time and money. What we're asking for is a small change in ToS. Big difference. b:bye
  • krisnda
    edited August 2012
    U mad br0?

I do so admire your courage (or stupidity) for posting here like that.

PWI already has servers that allow editing. We want it for our US ones. Look at the EU servers. The CN servers. All other versions of this game. You'd really fight against us? The -only- servers not allowed to edit, for your cause? Why not make a thread on the EU forums saying you want to ban editing over there? It would be just as stupid as what you're doing here.

Stop trying to force a graphic overhaul(that will never happen) on us. If you really feel it's a problem, make your own thread. What you're asking for costs time and money. What we're asking for is a small change in ToS. Big difference. b:bye

Just wanted to emphasize this point.
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I vote for it, but sadly as long as PWE wants to keep this rule they can. All they gotta do is ignore this thread and nothing will happen or simply say "We'll take a look into it" and leave it behind like Congress and Senate do with bills all the time pretending to care.
  • Ayasu - Sanctuary
    Ayasu - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I support this. It doesn't harm the game in ANY way, it doesn't make pwi lose any money or what so ever. Being reported for trying to look good is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

★ Ayasu - 79 - Venomancer ★
    ★ Kathface - 56 - Cleric ★
    ★ Psykath - 2x - Psychic ★
    ★ Scarlin - 1x - Mystic ★
  • Azu_Nya - Dreamweaver
    Azu_Nya - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Soooo, is there any hope left? Or PWI just "forgot", because changing 2 lines is ToS is toooo difficult?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Nope. Epic bump for Epic justice.
    And bump for petition :p if anybody pro ini who hasnt got a PM off me, pm me :)
    http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/perfect-world-entertainment-allow-older-races-in-pwi-to-hav-earthguard-tideborn-hair-eyes

• Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't expect anything to change. The US is known for extremely backward policies (especially ones that harm innocent law abiders rather than /real/ culprits) so it comes as no surprise to me that only the US servers would have such a blatantly **** rule. I do support the cause but realistically I just don't see it happening. The fact that such a fundamentally flawed policy exists and is adamantly backed (and policed) makes it obvious that whoever thought it up wouldn't be able to recognize a logical argument if it gave them a concussion and called itself natural selection.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Roar. So. What happend to 'We're looking into it' ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    edited August 2012
    Roar. So. What happend to 'We're looking into it' ?

Time to start poking some GM's b:chuckle
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Time to start poking some GM's b:chuckle

POKEY POKEY
    we all need to message em and push them to get this fixed, I have an idea.
    Everyone could write a post explainin' why we need this change, then I can combine it into one detailed message we can send to frankie and geno. Sounds good?

• krisnda
    edited August 2012
    POKEY POKEY
    we all need to message em and push them to get this fixed, I have an idea.
    Everyone could write a post explainin' why we need this change, then I can combine it into one detailed message we can send to frankie and geno. Sounds good?

If you do that, pm them with it, and give it to me and I'll make sure they see it direct.
  • Fribles - Lost City
    Fribles - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Allow us to ini edit OR "I WILL CUT YOU!", J/K (Or am I b:angry).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cash shoppers in PWI b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.