Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    70k views needs 100k posts. Or does anyone want their characters to be more pretty/handsome?

b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Kisnda be talking in riddles o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • krisnda
    edited July 2012
    Kisnda be talking in riddles o_o

Lol, this thread has 70k views, the petition has 20 or so sigs, and the thread itself has 900+ posts. Math is not adding up or people don't care anymore. b:surrenderb:cry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Lol, this thread has 70k views, the petition has 20 or so sigs, and the thread itself has 900+ posts. Math is not adding up or people don't care anymore. b:surrenderb:cry

We have almost as many posts at the new suggestion compilation thread, and that one has been around much longer and has over 14000 more views than this thread. A lot of people view this on google and never comment. But I think the number of posts and poll voters is unusual for this type of thread and that speaks volumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Maybe it is because people don't want go as far as sign with their rl name. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    edited July 2012
    Maybe it is because people don't want go as far as sign with their rl name. b:surrender

b:surrender Eh...I somewhat agree.

@ Venus, That much is true, and I guess you can say that people also don't know what we are talking about, it's really the minority that wants this change.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Things is: There are so many people on the servers doing ini edits though. Not even talking about EG eye textures only, I seen some really weird things lately. Like a pure red wizard.

But I guess it's the curse of forums. So many people don't bother coming here and just think it's okay to edit seeing it from others ingame >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    edited July 2012
    Things is: There are so many people on the servers doing ini edits though. Not even talking about EG eye textures only, I seen some really weird things lately. Like a pure red wizard.

But I guess it's the curse of forums. So many people don't bother coming here and just think it's okay to edit seeing it from others ingame >_<

And others feel the "need" to report everyone. b:scorn

Seriously though, how would you know if someone had INI edited eyes unless your in First Person view looking at everyone? It's mainly to make you happy, not other people (however if they see how pretty you look, that's a bonus).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Haters will be hating. b:chuckle *waits for the people hunting down her veno that has absolutely no edit* XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The petition thing may had been an odd thought. Im just happy to see signatures. But think of it hit its target, i'm actually thinking it could make a difference.. Or atleast make us heard. But for now, id like to thank everyone thus far for signing it bravely ^^ .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My signature refuses to be changed.

@Xainou- I feel the exact same way. People see me posting, deem me stuck up/meaaaaan and hunt me down to report me for .ini editing.Too bad for them, I didn't edit.

Too bad for them, I also like being mean. :(
    edited August 2012
    My signature refuses to be changed.

@Xainou- I feel the exact same way. People see me posting, deem me stuck up/meaaaaan and hunt me down to report me for .ini editing.Too bad for them, I didn't edit.

Too bad for them, I also like being mean. :(

In addition to uploading the signature pic you also need the brackets [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the text description. Like so. Make sure you're hitting save signature at the bottom. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    :O GUYS WE'VE BEEN STICKIED :D
    -dances- a small, but pleasent step :3

edited August 2012
    I dun know how to feel about that tbh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I think there's way much more than 20 persons who want it, but many people doesn't come on forum, many people as someone said don't want to sign with real info, some people post here, but doesn't know how (where) sign the petition.

I think they should take the vote in consideration beside the petition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2012
    I approve of being stickied, IMO. Just for the little fact that now, we won't be lost in the sea of "MAKE NEW RACE PLS" suggestions. Not that I mind them, but there are so... many... of them... b:shocked

We also won't have to bump this so often. I do like having conversations with you ladies ( and the small population of gentlemen), but now we don't have to bump for fear of being lost off the page. I do think we'll have to do it to avoid necro, though. Someone clarify, please?

I feel like it's another step in the right direction. I hope they take that dive soon and let us have this. I'd go nuts on makeover scrolls.
  • krisnda
    edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    I approve of being stickied, IMO. Just for the little fact that now, we won't be lost in the sea of "MAKE NEW RACE PLS" suggestions. Not that I mind them, but there are so... many... of them... b:shocked

We also won't have to bump this so often. I do like having conversations with you ladies ( and the small population of gentlemen), but now we don't have to bump for fear of being lost off the page. I do think we'll have to do it to avoid necro, though. Someone clarify, please?

I feel like it's another step in the right direction. I hope they take that dive soon and let us have this. I'd go nuts on makeover scrolls.

You don't have to bump or be active at all. As long as this thread is stickied people could just not comment on it at all for like 6 months and then one random person comes in and signs it and that would still be okay. As long as a thread is stickied it won't be closed. The danger in stickies is that some people don't read them and it's easy to forget about since you never have to post in it for it to be considered active. So we should probably still keep those replies coming so when the admins look at it a three months from now (you know, Frankie's definition of soon) the last reply isn't just now. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather just see this allowed finally, tbh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather just see this allowed finally, tbh...

Well Frankie said they were taking a look at the rule, but who knows. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    He probably said they're taking a look at it soon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    He probably said they're taking a look at it soon...

Hence my three month estimation at when they will glance over at this thread again. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krisnda
    edited August 2012
    You don't have to bump or be active at all. As long as this thread is stickied people could just not comment on it at all for like 6 months and then one random person comes in and signs it and that would still be okay. As long as a thread is stickied it won't be closed. The danger in stickies is that some people don't read them and it's easy to forget about since you never have to post in it for it to be considered active. So we should probably still keep those replies coming so when the admins look at it a three months from now (you know, Frankie's definition of soon) the last reply isn't just now. b:chuckle

Don't worry, as long as I'm mod, this thread won't die until we get some sort of answer. ^^
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Don't abandon us ever, Kris D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2012
    Don't worry, as long as I'm mod, this thread won't die until we get some sort of answer. ^^
    Don't abandon us ever, Kris D:

+1000 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012

I love you Kris :D Best mod evas! b:cute

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    You heard us, Kris :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im completely against it. As you can see on the original PW, their charas already look all the same. Nearly EVERYONE has those creepy dolly faces, mostly with white hair and skin.

I think file editing shouldnt be legal, i even think the graphic issues you get with them should be worser. (I already know someone who just took the EG eyes for her veno and now every kind of fashion has bugs if shes wearing it.)

Seriously, If files editing is legal, Everyone will look the same . In first Line the females will.
    They are already using the side-ponytail or the curled long hair or the short TB hair. All the EG and TB look alike most of the time, there is no need to increase the laziness of char customization more. I had a Squad were the cleric, the sin and the 2 seeker had exactly the same hair and eyes. Its just annoying.

And then they start to cry when they have graphical problems, ...
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    First of all, you would think logic says that if there are more options available, looks get more diverse. Tideborn look alike a lot, yeah. But add options from other races or special colours, and you will get diversity. I really don't see that point of yours.

Second, those 'creepy doll faces' are perfectly doable without any kind of edit unavailable ingame.

Third, I have yet to hear of anyone having bugs resulting from ini edits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2012
    @Lucrecia- Not everyone likes those doll faces. I, for example, am not too fond of them. Some people like their characters like that, some people don't. To lump us all together like that... b:scorn

Everyone is different. Everyone's choices are different. People like what they like. I'm fine with anything, so long as no one is shoving it in my face and saying it's the right way to be.

I feel like you posted that just to be down on us. People (usually) know what they're getting into. If they don't look it up, that's their problem. All the other servers are editing just fine, why shouldn't the US ones be allowed to? Why would we be different from the other servers out there? Do you feel our populations are dumber? Less capable of looking up things?

I feel being able to legally edit will:

1. Slow down the ticket spam of losers who have so much free time they report editors.

2. Open up a whole wide door to people's creativity and what they want to do with their character (provided they research and know what they're doing, beforehand.).

3. Possibly open up more revenue for PWE, in makeover scrolls.

4. Make it so I can stop raging about it in the forums. I rage about a lot of things. I'd like having one less thing to rage about. Wouldn't you like to have one less thing to rage about? b:thanks

I do like your name. I'm too lazy to play through FF7, again. :I
This discussion has been closed.