Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    And then there's the Advanced Makeover Scroll functionality that we.... don't have.

Yup, forgot about those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hear they're taking actions against "overly negative people", too (I was actually hoping this was a joke, seeing as how I'm mostly angry about PWE's ****).

Do they realize how hard it is to be "PWE positive :DDDD" when they do things like this? Coming down on people for aesthetics and letting people who cheated levels do what they want :/

They don't even listen to us. When was the last time a GM responded to a single topic in here (seriously asking)?

We have a this topic, that's years old, rotting here. We get no compromise. We even get reprimanded. What do you expect from the playerbase, when they're constantly ignored? "Thanks for ignoring us~ you have the greatest game ever, going on here!! We love yew FEREVERZZ"?

It doesn't work like that. Common sense, anyone? Treat someone like ****, they'll give you **** in return. Eventually, they'll come to their senses?
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I support this 140%.............. ........... ........... I just really do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • WynterDawn - Archosaur
    WynterDawn - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe this is just a crazy thought, but if/when the advanced makeover scrolls come out it will have 'unlocked' updated options for hair, eyes, and what have you. You know kinda like ini edits only we'll pay for it through the cash shop.b:beg
  • Coral_blades - Dreamweaver
    Coral_blades - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i fully agree that the .ini edits do nothing to effect the game, plus the gms would hav an easier job if they wernt paying attention to people with .ini changed toons and pay more attention to those who accually do things to effect the game against the rules :) (what i hav said is pretty much what frankieaye said) link--> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1382811 b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    signature picture thanks to Schznider<33 ty hun<333 b:cute
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited July 2012
    i fully agree that the .ini edits do nothing to effect the game, plus the gms would hav an easier job if they wernt paying attention to people with .ini changed toons and pay more attention to those who accually do things to effect the game against the rules :) (what i hav said is pretty much what frankieaye said) link--> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1382811 b:cute

this +1
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hear they're taking actions against "overly negative people", too (I was actually hoping this was a joke, seeing as how I'm mostly angry about PWE's ****).

I doubt they're doing that, seeing as how I'm still not banned. (If they are doing that, and don't ban me, I may have to ragequit from the insult.)
    edited July 2012
    shopitup wrote: »
    I doubt they're doing that, seeing as how I'm still not banned. (If they are doing that, and don't ban me, I may have to ragequit from the insult.)

It is 100% definitely happening but I think it's mostly certain forum trolls who go on negative tirades for weeks on end and continue even when they run out of things to say and have to resort to +1s and song links and the like. I don't know if it's necessarily people in-game. Seems like a lot of those bans may have been security ones instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2012
    Lets play~ Le bump~

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I hear there are admins looking into the original rule for changing files.

I think we're getting somewhere, guys.

b:tired
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gotta love this topic. Active for a year, very supported, and continuing to prove how much the suggestion box is used.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its probably been posted somewhere in the last hundred pages but there should be a comp to come up with edits that actually look good. For example Ive seen those skinny barbs that look rubbish in my opinion but there is a barb running around with ini edited arms and the proportions make the barb look awesome, and better than the official design.

As for things like hair and eyes, I mean seriously who gives a **** about that? It should be allowed across the board.

All the PWI philosophies about looks went out the window when they introduced motorbikes into the game as far as Im concerned.
    edited July 2012
    Its probably been posted somewhere in the last hundred pages but there should be a comp to come up with edits that actually look good. For example Ive seen those skinny barbs that look rubbish in my opinion but there is a barb running around with ini edited arms and the proportions make the barb look awesome, and better than the official design.

As for things like hair and eyes, I mean seriously who gives a **** about that? It should be allowed across the board.

All the PWI philosophies about looks went out the window when they introduced motorbikes into the game as far as Im concerned.

I'd like that, but would everyone be banned right after? That seems to be the logic nowadays.

Esnemyl, I salute you. Good luck with your petition.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    friendly bump to keep my hope of better toon eyes
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Esnemyl, I salute you. Good luck with your petition.

Thanks. If we can get to 500 people it would be amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Coral_blades - Dreamweaver
    Coral_blades - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i fully support the idea of allowing .ini changed files....nuff said b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    signature picture thanks to Schznider<33 ty hun<333 b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The best solution is for the game to include some new presets that have some of these features like earthguard eyes or tideborn hair. Once the game is shipped with these presets the features will be available in-game without any need for violating the TOS by editing game files.

If I remember correctly there already is a veno preset with an impossible bright red hair color so there is already a precedent for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2012
    bumpity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gotta love this topic. Active for a year, very supported, and continuing to prove how much the suggestion box is used.

Pretty much this... b:laugh

I'd sign but I really don't feel like leaving my real physical info somewhere online... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • celsius24
    celsius24 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i approve this message.
  • phonub
    phonub Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    need more vote b:chuckle
  • captaindell
    captaindell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This.

I honestly have a neutral opinion on INI edits. This game offers plenty of customization options already (except for barbs). The hair, I'll give you - and they should allow every character to have the hair texture option (y'know, the straight/wavy/rainbow/etc). But I don't see how the inability to make a stick-figure character or a fat barb is a cause worthy of a crusade.

I also do not agree with allowing EG third-eyes on other chars. o.O C'mon, that's like their only identifying feature. And yes, I'm aware that there are ways to make pseudo-human EGs (and TBs, for that matter), but to put EG eyes on a human is just going to confuse the newbies.

I have not read the whole thread but I am assuming the EG eyes thing isnt referring to the 3rd eye, but more the actual eye texture for the normal eyes. if you look closely the EG eyes are much better looking and less plain/dull than the older eye textures. not sure if this is what was meant, just a guess
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Feel free to steal my signature and the link below it. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WynterDawn - Archosaur
    WynterDawn - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey, that is a nice siggy. If only my cleric's eyes were that bright.

*sigh*

I still support this thread.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    my demands for in-game slider changes perfectly support this thread too. if its all access to everyone from the get go, there will be less flaming and hate and more customtivity and uniqueness that would be nice to see. GM's are NEVER around in the games and essentially rely on self centered pricks for reporting those "glitching" mobs when most veno's/mystics do it anyways for a minor upper hand to prevent death and exp loss which totally make sense and those that make themselves look the way they WANT TO.

black sins are cool to look at since it really gives that feeling of being a shadow.

its amazing that we suggest so much to improve the game aspects in every way, yet our questions and pleads often go overlooked and uncared for, the whole "biting the hand that feeds" factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver
    Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I support this message.
    edited July 2012
    I said bump bump, bump bump bump. Bumpity bump bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I said bump bump, bump bump bump. Bumpity bump bump.

Mod Approved, sig changed.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Always happy to see it reinforced that this thread has the Moderator Seal of Approval.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Always happy to see it reinforced that this thread has the Moderator Seal of Approval.

Well, at least one :3
This discussion has been closed.