Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm not exaggerating in say this... but almost everyone (well, a lot of people at least) use Earthguard eyes, since the GM's don't ban the players that abuse of glitchs, goonz and a lot of other things, why start to ban people that edit their chars in a better way? Please think about this, don't classify honest players like the ones that do bad to our server.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Bump. Change the rules.

+1b:surrender
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This needs a bump.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    :3 i bump
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    Why is this on page 2?
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    bump >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It might just be me but I think they're already putting a blank eye to it lately... Lately I've seen more and more .ini editors pop up all over heaven's Tear... Clerics and veno's with TB or EG hair... Lot's and lot's of characters which EG eyes... It's really subtle and I haven't seen any weird or ridiculous edits among them... And all of them are still walking around happily with no problems... I hope it'll stay like this and eventually even become legal (or at least allowed with some limits)... It really ads a nice variation to the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It might just be me but I think they're already putting a blank eye to it lately... Lately I've seen more and more .ini editors pop up all over heaven's Tear... Clerics and veno's with TB or EG hair... Lot's and lot's of characters which EG eyes... It's really subtle and I haven't seen any weird or ridiculous edits among them... And all of them are still walking around happily with no problems... I hope it'll stay like this and eventually even become legal (or at least allowed with some limits)... It really ads a nice variation to the game...

I've seen even people with R9 using hairs from another chars... and like you said, any of those edits are ridiculus ;3
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    It's been almost impossible to be in a squad without at least one person with INI edits. So it's not like people don't do it anyways (like people multiclienting before they changed the rule). It's just something that would be nice if they addressed the rule so that those of us who do play by the rules won't have to be concerned about it anymore.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Haha, we got some pretty extreme cases here. Like people with giant heads or mega fat. xD
    Funny enough, they ahve been around for quite a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's been almost impossible to be in a squad without at least one person with INI edits. So it's not like people don't do it anyways (like people multiclienting before they changed the rule). It's just something that would be nice if they addressed the rule so that those of us who do play by the rules won't have to be concerned about it anymore.

GM's might be aware of this as well... My guess is they're just turning a blind eye to it for now since so many ppl do it anyway and seeing how responsible ppl will use this if it where to be allowed... Just a thought though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Lately so many freakish characters are popping up that soon the EG eye texture debate will be completely irrelevant. b:chuckle
  • Vyderahh - Lost City
    Vyderahh - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'd like to see ini edits for character creation be allowed. May as well, I don't see why it's a problem anyway to allow it.
  • truekossy
    edited March 2012
    So anyone else browsing Lower Depths 2.0 right now?
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Always! ... Nothing too interesting on here as of late, though. That one topic about closing the suggestion forums made me lul, I guess.

Shameless bump? I think not. I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I dont know why GM dont answer this post. 80% of people use it anyway and they dont do nothing. Is the longest suggestion topic and we dont even get a msg from any GM. Might as well use the INI because they dont give a damn.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Its awesome the size you can make a set of boobies if you know how..... so I've heard...
    edited March 2012
    I dont know why GM dont answer this post. 80% of people use it anyway and they dont do nothing. Is the longest suggestion topic and we dont even get a msg from any GM. Might as well use the INI because they dont give a damn.

I think Frankie is afraid to get involved right now... He's kinda in an awkward position... He may or may not agree with us but the higher ups tell him exactly what to say to us and when he does we'll just end up throwing rocks at him for doing so (again)... No admin with the actual power to change the rule will ever care about this and they certainly won't reply to common folks like us... That's why I'm suspecting that aside from some extreme cases the GM's just let it slide for now... If this is true then those who dare to (maybe those with alt accounts) could use this chance to prove that we can handle this responsibly...
    Its awesome the size you can make a set of boobies if you know how..... so I've heard...

Ofcourse there should limits to what you should or shouldn't do so that our servers won't be full of big-boobed characters made by perverts like this... b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited April 2012
    Bumping because yeah and stuff.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ bumpin for sexy time

altho, I dont think this actually counts as a bump ...
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Come on. we want to be allow to use INI edit on all servers, 90% of people use it already but i am just scared to. Bump!
  • truekossy
    edited April 2012
    \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/.

Do what you want cause a pirate is free! You are a pirate!
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Boop...
  • Dabdoub - Lothranis
    Dabdoub - Lothranis Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    At least nicer hair styles when we create the chars would be cool or all races to be able to have same hair options b:bye
  • ETHA// - Sanctuary27
    ETHA// - Sanctuary27 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    *casts IH on the thread* P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Our hearts are filled with the will to survive
    In this last night of their life
    edited April 2012
    Just a suggestion but maybe it'd help if we spread the word about this topic in-game as well? Since we forum ppl are only a small amount of the total population... Maybe if we get over 2k ppl who agree with this PW might listen...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Because of the happenings of the FC-glitch and everyone getting away with it, I say ini edit to your hearts content because they wont ban you.
    If they do ban you, send a bunch of tickets and they will un-ban you, because they have bad tracking methods and would be unable to prove you did it even with screenshots.

So please, break ToS, and know that you will not be banned because this company can obviously not afford employees with a brain.
    edited April 2012
    Because of the happenings of the FC-glitch and everyone getting away with it, I say ini edit to your hearts content because they wont ban you.
    If they do ban you, send a bunch of tickets and they will un-ban you, because they have bad tracking methods and would be unable to prove you did it even with screenshots.

So please, break ToS, and know that you will not be banned because this company can obviously not afford employees with a brain.
    ^^^^^^^^ THIS!!! But...
    Make sure you cash shopped enough, beforehand! Otherwise, this method will get you permabanned for enjoying the game instead of paying to win.

Might as well just close down this whole section. Stick a fork in it, this game is done.

PWE doesn't listen to players :/ Just listens to their pockets jingle.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Is true they dont listen to people look at this topic has the most comment's and visited of all. 90% of people use it already is not like Fc glitch who people got away with it, if they did not ban those why ban a hair and eye? lol
    edited April 2012
    Is true they dont listen to people look at this topic has the most comment's and visited of all. 90% of people use it already is not like Fc glitch who people got away with it, if they did not ban those why ban a hair and eye? lol

Because .ini editing is free. Costs no money whatsoever. :T They can't just let us have it for whatever reason. It's okay for you to exploit glitches, apparently (as long as you spend just the right amount of RL cash).

.ini edit yourself, use DQ points for a makeover scroll and BAM. F2P is only okay when you put some of your money in the game :3
This discussion has been closed.