Change the rules for INI edits

Options

Comments

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd love to see some new stuff and be able to edit characters how we want to. I agree about not having humongous **** or extremely skinny people. Just some eye or hair changes would be nice. Oh and let the barb's wear hats. =O
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b:avoid
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What happens if you have a bunch of randomly taken screenshots that fit to the topic, freetime and a passion for customization? This:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/110606/mcnkyrrn.jpg

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What happens if you have a bunch of randomly taken screenshots that fit to the topic, freetime and a passion for customization? This:

Nice work, those are gorgeous
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Oh those are pretty. I'm glad you took the time to do that. It's nice to have some examples.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Awesome, I had been toying with the idea of making something similar to that for my server but you beat me to it.

nice work :]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *bump*

And yup, I see a lot of modded chars on Sanc too.
    They're every where by now lol Just like multiclienting.. pretty much everyone did it though it wasn't officially allowed b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *bump*

And yup, I see a lot of modded chars on Sanc too.
    They're every where by now lol Just like multiclienting.. pretty much everyone did it though it wasn't officially allowed b:chuckle

Same for pretty much every server.

Which brings up the question of how long before PWI's staff wakes up and removes or modifies this rule like they did with multiclienting.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Same for pretty much every server.

Which brings up the question of how long before PWI's staff wakes up and removes or modifies this rule like they did with multiclienting.

Unfortunately, the staff seems to be quite oblivious, and I don't want to say incompetent... but, incompetent.
    :|
  • LilShine - Raging Tide
    LilShine - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I totaly agree, give us more options to create our Characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bump.
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bumpfack

bump :/
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wee, even the leader and director of a big TW faction got obvious earthguard eyes.

So, can I do it too? b:chuckle
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wee, even the leader and director of a big TW faction got obvious earthguard eyes.

So, can I do it too? b:chuckle

lol go ahead if you get reported, raise hell, blame them, threaten not to spend, they will leave you alone. For the record, many prominent people in TW facs and big spenders have INI edits.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tbh I wouldn't know why you wouldn't... Honestly, it doesn't even stand out that much to the people surrounding you, and it looks prettier on screenshots. If you look around a bit in arch you will see many EG eyes b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Options
    many EG eyes indeed. I see so many pretty customizations these days :> bump...
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The question is: What happens if someone reports you?
    Do you get warned, banned right out? And if for how long?

All I've been hearing is 'bla bla got banned omg' But ofc it was the friend of your cousins girlfriend.. So yea...
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you look around a bit in arch you will see many EG eyes b:chuckle

HT must suck, then. I examined many people in arch and all I found was a fish and I wasn't sure if it really was female earthguard hair. b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • BlaiseBlade - Dreamweaver
    BlaiseBlade - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I agree with Vinat. Besides if we are aloud to do that then there is a higher demand for the Makeover scrolls. This would make both parties happy,

1. More Makeover scrolls are sold, so more money for the game.
    2. The game will be more enjoyable with more options for there characters.

The only problem I see that happens is if people over edit, like make them selves skinny as sticks and invisible heads, that affects the game play if they RPK with that toon.... stuff like that. Therefore I believe the rule should be less strict, and more strict on toons with bad .ini files.

Stifling good creativity is always a bad idea. There are many people who would like to make amazing toons, but the risk of being banned makes the game not enjoyable.b:beatup
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I agree with Vinat. Besides if we are aloud to do that then there is a higher demand for the Makeover scrolls. This would make both parties happy,

1. More Makeover scrolls are sold, so more money for the game.
    2. The game will be more enjoyable with more options for there characters.

The only problem I see that happens is if people over edit, like make them selves skinny as sticks and invisible heads, that affects the game play if they RPK with that toon.... stuff like that. Therefore I believe the rule should be less strict, and more strict on toons with bad .ini files.

Stifling good creativity is always a bad idea. There are many people who would like to make amazing toons, but the risk of being banned makes the game not enjoyable.b:beatup

Problem with # 1 ias that makeover scrolls can be bought with DQ points, so PWI doesn't really stand to profit. But, Fashion sales may increase, which in turn could also increase sales of Hot Color Packs.

As for the issue of people making themselves too skinny or big, this is alread an issue in the game. It's called pets. Someone with that huge giant bunny pet, venomancers with some of their giant pets.

Either way, bumped for support, I for one will not let this thread die, or our efforts to go to waste.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The question is: What happens if someone reports you?
    Do you get warned, banned right out? And if for how long?

All I've been hearing is 'bla bla got banned omg' But ofc it was the friend of your cousins girlfriend.. So yea...

Experiences vary from person to person. Some get a warning, some get a compliment, and some get banned without warning. It is really at the discretion of the GM
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Somehow I expected this...

So it's even more flowered up.
    WTB real rules for ini editing please b:sweat

Either enforce your rules in a fair way to everyone or allow it already, damnit.
  • im2cool4usothere
    im2cool4usothere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You guys don't want fair you just want own way. You want ban some people cuz they like big head but you can change whatever! So mean >.< rule will not change. lol
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You guys don't want fair you just want own way. You want ban some people cuz they like big head but you can change whatever! So mean >.< rule will not change. lol

read whole thread :o ur statements are rather uneducated.
  • im2cool4usothere
    edited June 2011
    Options
    read whole thread :o ur statements are rather uneducated.

Its too long. And I am right see:
    It depends on the kind of editing. The game would look pretty ugly really fast if you allow characters with extreme proportions but I don't think anyone really minds earthguard / tideborn hair or eyes.

Edit: example of what I don't want to see http://i.imgur.com/21dPZ.png

I like the char in that picture. I will pking from it cuz it sooooo ugly. lol. you dont want that. you just want your own way. who would it hurt? why only allow some ini and not other? Also in that bill of ini edit you say this: 4. In accordance with the common idea, body size INI edits would not be allowed as they have the potential to be abusive.

But that one you can click the big booty or big boob easy. There no advantage. Thats why i say you guys are not right. You just want own way. I think they should just let everyone do it any way they want or no one at all.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Its too long. And I am right see:

I like the char in that picture. I will pking from it cuz it sooooo ugly. lol. you dont want that. you just want your own way. who would it hurt? why only allow some ini and not other? Also in that bill of ini edit you say this: 4. In accordance with the common idea, body size INI edits would not be allowed as they have the potential to be abusive.

But that one you can click the big booty or big boob easy. There no advantage. Thats why i say you guys are not right. You just want own way. I think they should just let everyone do it any way they want or no one at all.

Originally, I saw no use for putting restrictions on the body sizes. I personally do not care, ugly chars are hilarious and I like seeing them. However, the point was brought up that skinny skinny stick edits can be abusive in pvp by making it hard for someone to be clicked on. That coupled with the general public opinion(which i disagreed with) is what made me write that bulletin that way. So no, you aren't right.
  • im2cool4usothere
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Originally, I saw no use for putting restrictions on the body sizes. I personally do not care, ugly chars are hilarious and I like seeing them. However, the point was brought up that skinny skinny stick edits can be abusive in pvp by making it hard for someone to be clicked on. That coupled with the general public opinion(which i disagreed with) is what made me write that bulletin that way. So no, you aren't right.

its not hard to click on em in pvp. they say that but they stupid because when they attack you they name is on screen. also if you want first hit and they not see you, you can just hit T and select them. just cause general opnion dont like ugly char dont mean they should get to change their char but you cant change yours cause it too ugly. i seeen people with body edit you can clicking
    edited June 2011
    Options
    its not hard to click on em in pvp. they say that but they stupid because when they attack you they name is on screen. also if you want first hit and they not see you, you can just hit T and select them. just cause general opnion dont like ugly char dont mean they should get to change their char but you cant change yours cause it too ugly. i seeen people with body edit you can clicking

I agree with you there, we do have T filter. But I can't change the communities mind about these things, be they trivial and shallow. I personally would just hit the option to turn off customizations if ugly chars were that drastic of an issue for my suffering eyes, but what can I say. The majority made it clear they didn't want endless editing freedom with body size.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    T filter is horrible if you're in the middle of PK and need a quick reaction. Hitting Esc to cancel your current target and letting your opponent get a second hit on you can be, at times, even worse.

And saying it's not hard to click someone like that in PvP? Have you ever tried to click someone on a Boa? How about the days before tab targeting where you had to quest on those thin swords that were so easy to misclick?
This discussion has been closed.