Change the rules for INI edits

Options

Comments

• Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First off: *sigh* stupid suggestion box cesspool....

Second: 20110517230605.png

Eyes: Earthguard
    Hair: Earthguard
    Hair Color: Modded (My natural)
    Eye Color: Modded (My natural in winter)
    Eye Makeup Color: Available in editor
    Eyebrow Color: Available in editor
    Lip Color: Modded (Was available at one time. Now no longer able to)

I've been right next to, have talked with GMs (Kantorek *cough*) with this exact Makeover.
    Was even given positive comments on it. ~*If*~ they ban this character then they lose a player. I lose nothing. Should Ini edit's be allowed? Yes, because there is no reason to not allow them anyway.

Edit: I saw the instructions post by damel1 were removed. Why? They're only instructions so you don't royally f*** your game over from my point of view. Would like to see his posts again with them so that people don't rage uninstall when they mess up.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First off: *sigh* stupid suggestion box cesspool....

Second: 20110517230605.png

Eyes: Earthguard
    Hair: Earthguard
    Hair Color: Modded (My natural)
    Eye Color: Modded (My natural in winter)
    Eye Makeup Color: Available in editor
    Eyebrow Color: Available in editor
    Lip Color: Modded (Was available at one time. Now no longer able to)

I've been right next to, have talked with GMs (Kantorek *cough*) with this exact Makeover.
    Was even given positive comments on it. ~*If*~ they ban this character then they lose a player. I lose nothing. Should Ini edit's be allowed? Yes, because there is no reason to not allow them anyway.

Edit: I saw the instructions post by damel1 were removed. Why? They're only instructions so you don't royally f*** your game over from my point of view. Would like to see his posts again with them so that people don't rage uninstall when they mess up.

"ts okay, anyone asks I'll tell them how to do it.
    We've been at this for weeks and haven't gotten any intelligible response from officials as to:

Why they are so partial about this rules enforcement

Why the ridiculous rule is in place in the first place

Why(really, not just "well because") they wont consider changing it

Watching the progression of this thread it has become clear to me that they dont think we deserve at least consistency, to be given respectful reasons to follow rules, and at the very least, some damn acknowledgement.
  • damel1
    damel1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    -removed-
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Edit: see This was created by me with no ini edits...what difference would it make if her skin was ini edited bright green.
    Heres her lovely profile view

And here is yet Another abominable creation done without any ini edits.

And One more for good measure. Without ini edits as well.

i looked at those again and i laughed, again, uncontrollably.

bump for this. and sorry i havent been keeping on top of this >.> busy with guild stuff and studying for exam qq

also i have edited my original post to include a copy of the INI bill of rights.

*aggressive cuddles for _blood_rain*
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "ts okay, anyone asks I'll tell them how to do it.
    We've been at this for weeks and haven't gotten any intelligible response from officials as to:

Why they are so partial about this rules enforcement

Why the ridiculous rule is in place in the first place

Why(really, not just "well because") they wont consider changing it

Watching the progression of this thread it has become clear to me that they don't think we deserve at least consistency, to be given respectful reasons to follow rules, and at the very least, some damn acknowledgment.

Honestly I wonder if aFrnkie even knows this thread is even still going. I doubt he even bothers checking the Suggestion Box section. I am beginning to think he had this thread moved to the Suggestion Box because he figured it would die. Disappointing, as Frankie was quite prompt in helping deal with the hijacking googleads recently.
    But the lack of such input, to me at least, means that no valid, decent answer can be given. And the easiest way to deal with that sort of thing, is to just avoid it. Perhaps we shoudl all start PMing Frankie asking him to "at least consider the proposal and give us some decent input". Maybe if we flood his PM box enough, he'll be forced to come out of hiding.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damel1 wrote: »
    I've not quite gotten the hang of the color wheels yet, but playing with numbers normally works well enough for me. (Although I'm learning how it works now, No it's not stated how an earlier post claimed.)

The best way to convert is to take a hex triplet web color like "#FF0000" for red and search google for

"0xFF0000 - 0xFFFFFF in decimal"

Where 0xFF0000 is the hex color (in this case red). This tells you the decimal version of that color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Honestly I wonder if aFrnkie even knows this thread is even still going. I doubt he even bothers checking the Suggestion Box section. I am beginning to think he had this thread moved to the Suggestion Box because he figured it would die. Disappointing, as Frankie was quite prompt in helping deal with the hijacking googleads recently.
    But the lack of such input, to me at least, means that no valid, decent answer can be given. And the easiest way to deal with that sort of thing, is to just avoid it. Perhaps we shoudl all start PMing Frankie asking him to "at least consider the proposal and give us some decent input". Maybe if we flood his PM box enough, he'll be forced to come out of hiding.

The only area of this forum that gets deserved GM attention and response is the cash shop huddle ._.

Go figure.

Frankie was here recently but he left no reply, just edited someones post lol
  • bekkamain
    bekkamain Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think they stick us with the hair we get so we get tired of it and buy the cash shop hair. I would love to use EG hair but Idk how to do it and I don't want to get banned :( and why would a suggestion area be two steps above the lower depths? shouldn't it be near the top?
  • Seirith - Raging Tide
    Seirith - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Frankie was here recently but he left no reply, just edited someones post lol

Nowadays that's the only thing he does when he visits this post. We want a response...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And once again, frankie pops up to edit the post... but no response to anything.
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm half tempted to pm frankie and point him to this thread, asking for a reply. I'm sure he's busy but if enough of us do it we should get a response if we ask nicely <-- key word
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol so I see Frankie actually edited his post this time, not just flat out removed it. I hope Frankie realizes if this person cares enough to, they'll just do something that isn't blockable even for PWE's vast dark reach.... No matter I'll also help anyone who wishes to know :)
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Frankie, could you at least tell us if this is being brought up to whoever it is that pays your salary and makes these kind of rule change decisions?

Also I would advise you to not neglect the forum community. Favorability of you is nowhere near the level that your predecessor had, and that is likely because you are unresponsive to a great many things. Things like this do not sit well with the player base. You are the community manager. Please interact with the community.
  • varenique
    varenique Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:surrender
    frankie...smh
    an extremely undependable GM
    i can only hope that one day you will start caring...
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This would be nice, however you are still limited to what you can do. Like you can't give Tideborns normal ears instead of their fin ones, you can't alter the face or body definitions, and you can't get rid of those stupid feathers on elves heads (or even change their color).b:angry
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Frankie, could you at least tell us if this is being brought up to whoever it is that pays your salary and makes these kind of rule change decisions?

Also I would advise you to not neglect the forum community. Favorability of you is nowhere near the level that your predecessor had, and that is likely because you are unresponsive to a great many things. Things like this do not sit well with the player base. You are the community manager. Please interact with the community.

+1 to this. He might not be able to do much, as long as he wants to keep his job that is... But for god sake... he's the community manager and he doesn't communicate with us at all.

@frankie: I think everyone in who posted in this thread understands you can't change this on your own.
    However, YOU are the only one we can communicate with(sort of, because it seems we can't) Seriously, just give us a reply that actually makes sense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As for .ini edits, our stance regarding them has never changed-- it's considered to be modification of game files and thus a ToS violation.

^^^ part of the answer given about "we need more communication with the CM" http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1094521&page=7

=.=" *bumps thread*
    Not giving up anyway >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

^^^ part of the answer given about "we need more communication with the CM" http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1094521&page=7

=.=" *bumps thread*
    Not giving up anyway >.<

Aggressive bump!
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options

=.=" *bumps thread*
    Not giving up anyway >.<

And hmmm, who makes those "ToS" rules? Well, obviously China isn't making this call, because editing game files is not "in violation of the ToS" over there.
    This means that the people running this version are the ones making these stupid rules. which means they have the power to change them. Frankie could change this rule if he really felt like it, I don't know why he's being so damn stubborn about this.

Get your furry tail in here Frankie, and make a new set of reasonable guidelines regarding character creation editing! I'll give you cheesecakes!
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with you that the ToS could be changed easily. We seen it happen with multi clienting.

However...I doubt frankie can do it. Hes a CM, so basically he can tell GMs that we think it could be changed. He's just kind of the translator between community and the GMs.
    Sorry frankie but that's the easiest way to explain .-.

Also... referring to a male with 'furry tail'.... b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • varenique
    varenique Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with you that the ToS could be changed easily. We seen it happen with multi clienting.

However...I doubt frankie can do it. Hes a CM, so basically he can tell GMs that we think it could be changed. He's just kind of the translator between community and the GMs.
    Sorry frankie but that's the easiest way to explain .-.

Also... referring to a male with 'furry tail'.... b:embarrass

Thing is though that he probably doesn't even bother telling the GMs our ideas...and he doesn't really communicate with us either
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My turn to bump this.

A little while ago, while on my private server power time as I was poking around I remembered this thread and decided to put the earthguard eye textures on a barb. And I'm so glad that I did that...

Given our lack of customization, this is something that I'd love to do. It's close to "shut up and take my money". Reconsider this useless rule so I could do this to the myself from here. b:sad

Also, something wrong with referring to a male with "furry tail"?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As long as they put limits on what can be edited there should be no problem. EG: HUGE characters, or non-visible anorexic ones. But things likes updating the eye textures or hair textures harms nothing and no one, and allows players to enjoy the game more. Hell it'd probably attract a good few people back or get them to stay.

I know people say: "Well if people can edit these they'll edit other things." etctec. But people can already do that, they're just smart enough not to, and stick to minor edits. And I'm sure for the most part that's how it would stay.

When a game has the ability to be so customizable you may as well let your fans and customers enjoy it. b:thanks
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump for Gloriously Glorifying ini edits of Glory!~~~

Ok maybe not so much glory.... but you get the idea...

• Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options

edited June 2011
    Options
    Bump :U
    This thread is mainly courtesy atm, considering that the amount of INI edited players I see daily increases constantly
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bump :U
    This thread is mainly courtesy atm, considering that the amount of INI edited players I see daily increases constantly

I as well, have also been seeing an icreasing number of barbarians with Earthguard eyes and mohawks(the non-cs ones.)

Bumped for sexy barbs with mohawks.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
This discussion has been closed.