Do sins make this game more fun?

Comments

• Gargorx - Raging Tide
    Gargorx - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No matter what you guys say you can never bring yulk to the light, sad but true.
    non-cs
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well then if refines are imbalanced why do we bother playing. You're right dude. Let's start a petition to remove refines!

Oh wait..
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok... why sins can do boss in FC without any help? They have 2 aoes skills btw... and one who do like extrem poison.

The only veno I saw doing that is a R9

True... but in 1vs1, they take you down before you can do anything

I didnt pay much to get my sin OP (HA Claws)
    (No worrie, I dont really use it for PvP x.x;)... And I can solo almsot all boss of the game... I only used coins I farmed and merched. Yes they are squishy, but their skills are OP.
    I do more money with my sin than my merch.....

1. I never see sins AOE that much and what kind of gear they mainly use to tank? Try AOE tanking??? Let's see how well sins can AOE with just 2 AOE skills, I will find one.

2. No comment b:laugh

3. So can other classes? BS.

4. LOL HA claws on a sin and it didn't cost much...? Dude, is this a joke? Tell me when you are serious next time. b:bye

5. Refine yourselves you dumb people.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's true. Sins can't aoe for sht. Otherwise, they would be able to pull and kill big room. b:chuckle
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sins in general... no. but i do think bloodpaint does
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Rebirth!

... I think that's it?
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pfft. You say charms kill pvp but most people on this server will die to a sin due to lag before their charm can even react. So How would charms kill pvp when it doesn't even matter? b:laugh

Well as a barb, I don't get to spike high damage on anyone, unlike nearly every class in the game. So I have to constantly chew through a charm before I can kill an opponent...if I kill an opponent.

You could argue that Armageddon is my classes spike damage skill, but there's a few things wrong with it. For one, it's extremely inaccurate. I can count one one hand how many times Arma has actually connected on my opponents. Most of the time I always see MISS right above their names. Second, I can and have used Bloodbath to get around Arma's inaccuracy which helps a little. And there goes some of its effectiveness right there. Less HP for it to consume means less damage dealt when it hits.

I just recently got Sage Bloodbath, and have yet to test it with Arma in pk. It reduces the hp loss from 15% at lvl 10 to 10% at lvl 11. It also seems to have increased accuracy by 25%, though I can't be certain. As I don't recall what lvl 10s % was. :/
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I see you made your mystic. Well, you promised me your noob fac (what was it called again?) was going to dominate me and Vertu. I'm waiting b:pleased

I'm also waiting for the 1v1 you promised within 2 months of EG being released, where you stated you would be 10X and would pwn me in 10seconds flatb:chuckle

On topic:
    No sins don't make game more fun.

JOKERZz, and don't you worry, we'll get ya when we're good and ready. if you wrere in vertu from it's founding then you should know very well how long it takes to find good members and mobalize an army.

i said that i'd pwn you in 10 seconds flat? and that i'd be 10x in 2 months? wtf are you smokin? you said ta try and get ta 10x within a year and i said okay... that's it, nvr said anything about dueling you 1 on 1 within 2 months, or gettin to 10x in 2 months... don't make me sound like more of a troll than i really am dude, thas just not cool.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well as a barb, I don't get to spike high damage on anyone, unlike nearly every class in the game. So I have to constantly chew through a charm before I can kill an opponent...if I kill an opponent.

You could argue that Armageddon is my classes spike damage skill, but there's a few things wrong with it. For one, it's extremely inaccurate. I can count one one hand how many times Arma has actually connected on my opponents. Most of the time I always see MISS right above their names. Second, I can and have used Bloodbath to get around Arma's inaccuracy which helps a little. And there goes some of its effectiveness right there. Less HP for it to consume means less damage dealt when it hits.

I just recently got Sage Bloodbath, and have yet to test it with Arma in pk. It reduces the hp loss from 15% at lvl 10 to 10% at lvl 11. It also seems to have increased accuracy by 25%, though I can't be certain. As I don't recall what lvl 10s % was. :/
    ......wut?

Barbs have great spike damage.

If you're missing with arma then just use ambers in weapon + a 50% accurracy ring or two.

And barbs have insane natural crit rates, +35% from demon onslaught anyone? Combine that with a zerk/GoF wep and it's GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    JOKERZz
    Who dat? Did you even manage to get land after reset?
    if you wrere in vertu from it's founding
    Can't say I was there when Trick said, "I want to make a fac yo," but I've been here longer than most...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ......wut?

Barbs have great spike damage.

If you're missing with arma then just use ambers in weapon + a 50% accurracy ring or two.

And barbs have insane natural crit rates, +35% from demon onslaught anyone? Combine that with a zerk/GoF wep and it's GG

Oh, when did Sage Onslaught get the 35% crit boost? I must've missed that in the skill book description...

A demon only skill book that you have to purchase isn't natural crit rates.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited March 2011
    Who dat? Did you even manage to get land after reset?

Can't say I was there when Trick said, "I want to make a fac yo," but I've been here longer than most...

did you read my last post at all?... or did you decide to only focus on cutting what i said outta the rest of the relevent info around it to further attempt ta make me look stupid with no basis at all?...

EDIT: and unless you were in the faction from lvl 1 on, or have attempted to make your own from the ground up, the awnser is no, you have no idea how long it takes to find good members and mobalize an army.
  • Kasilumati - Lost City
    Kasilumati - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know...in the past, ppl were crying about venos.....I didn't, becos, there are ways to defeat a veno, just gotta sit down and think about it, use your skill.

Sin however.....there is no way....
    Don't give me that detection pot sheet.
    Pvp before 101+ is just ridiculous and lame.(if you're looking at my forum pic and getting ready to say i'm a lvl 83 noob, then you must be stupid)
    101 sin, maxed stealth, maxed shadow escape, you're not going to see him, potted or not.
    Plus sins are on the average 103. So give it a rest with that detection pot sheet.

Look. I'm all for a challenge and stuff, thinking through your char and all, but there is just no way to beat a sin if he singles you out and wants to take you down. Even a barb can't. With all other classes before that were declared OP...there was always a 50/50 chance for skilled players....with sin, you got no chance at all.

Ok, so nerfing a sin, would eff everyone who rolled a sin over...fine i get it.....bad for business...So NO. Fine.

What you PWE ppl can do, is give us the tools to fight them. Make the veno reflect skill work in pvp, make the demon barb roar reflect work in pvp, enable all reflect skill on genies to work in pvp.

Thats all we need. A workable reflect skill, not just Psys, but one every class can use.

That or make sins unable to attack at all in stealth. Seems a fair trade off. they still can stealth and run by mobs in frost, still can shadow escape when in trouble, still got their 5 aps and sheet, only difference is, they have to unstealth first to attack, not their first attack unsteaths them. U follow me?

Think about it fools. Think about it. Sure there is a percentage that just re-rolled sins.....but what about the percentage who loved their initial classes, pumped rank 9 and thousands of dollars. You aren't to bright to **** these ppl off. They will walk. Sure some of them will re-roll, but some still will walk. So use your brains, retain all of the spenders not just some. Think about it.
  • Chaos_Hobo - Dreamweaver
    Chaos_Hobo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    First off. Yulk, go hide under your bridge you silly troll~~~
    Secondly.../begin rant
    The major problem with assasins is that they were added to a game NOT DESIGNED FOR STEALTH(Yeah, had to underline so maybe the naysayers get it) In a certain Mmorpg that shall remained unnamed *cough*WoW*cough* most if not all the classes have some sort of counter for the stealth class. Not only that, unlike our stealth class, the stealth class in that game has much weaker attacks. They rely on stealth to survive. For our sins, it just gives them another trick when they already have more than enough. Cap aps at 3.33 and it might even things out a tiny bit. But honestly, rank 9 sin is still far stronger than any other class without aps. Anyone know poetic? Yeah, he hits rediculously hard. Granted his gear is expensive as heck, but noone should really have that kind of power. I'd be just dandy with an aps cap, and I'm a BM. All the classes need some kind of overhaul honestly. If you're going to add a mechanic to any game, you should give the other classes a way to deal with that mechanic. That way it comes down to who has a faster reaction time or more knowledge of their abilities. Not just who can swipe a creditcard/grind up gear for a class that's next to unbeatable. Heck pwi, you could make the new skills cashshop items. I guarantee people will buy them. PvP isn't all that much fun with sins that steamroll all the other classes. Sure if I see him coming, I could stunlock a sin and possibly come out on top. But what about the poor casters that can't stun or last more than a few seconds under the aps sin's daggers? Venos can roflpwn a sin with it's own power if they survive long enough to cast bramble hood and the sin doesn't pay attention, but other than that I can't see an arcane taking down a sin (psy doesn't count, since they were built with a few anti sin skills) I know some amazing players, but when the deck is stacked like that it just isn't fair. I see 2 decent options, cap aps and make stealth a pve element only or nerf sin attack so they actually HAVE to rely on stealth to win in pvp. Neither of those options makes you more money though pwi, so I don't forsee them happening.

/endrant
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    APS nerf wouldn't make sins any less OP. You nerf sins then we'll just have full R9 sins running around with +150 ATK level killing you just as fast.

They need to alter stealth above all. It's ridiculous how a level 75 sins can use stealth and is invisible to the world unless it's another sin.

Change to stealth to: Have a short duration, stealth level decreases the closer you are to another player not in your squad, have some indication the player is there (a faint outline, a shadow, etc.), something. It's ridiculous that a 7x sin can't be seen by anyone other than a sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kasilumati - Lost City
    Kasilumati - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Like i said.....Make sins unable to attack at all in stealth.

Fair cos sins don't get nerfed, fair for the rest, everyone's happy.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is a one-shot game for the majority of players on the server. Whoever pulls the trigger first wins 99% of the time. Most people have either only R9 wep refined to +10, or R8, and crappy armors. So in essence almost everyone can kill each other except for the rare few who spend enough to refine all of their armors.

So this game implemented a class that does not depend on armors (sin can survive a 999999 damage strike), and which can get the first strike, 100% of the time, chosen at their lesure. If for some unknown reason the sin fails to get a first strike, he still has a 25-50% chance to entirely "evade" the first shot of the enemy. 2 of the biggest factors in determining who wins or loses in PWI were just given freely to the sins.

It doesn't help that PWI insists on keeping jones blessings in, which just make it too easy for sins to kill in a single shot and then instantly dissapear. If PWI had any interest in keeping pvp balanced they would have given jones blessing equal attack and defense lvls, that way it would make pve easier (like it was intended) but still keep the pvp relatively the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Like i said.....Make sins unable to attack at all in stealth.

Fair cos sins don't get nerfed, fair for the rest, everyone's happy.

Just take out shadow escape, at least I wouldn`t cry lol
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I love how in threads like this, it's always like.

Random person:
    Sins are OP.
    Sin: No we're not, we're squishy as hell and we're really bad at group fights. It's perfectly acceptable that we absolutely dominate 1v1 but only suck when we get ganked.
    Seeker: Nah, they're not that OP. I can kill them with this combo -insert combo here-
    Sin: AWWW HELL NAH MUTHAFACKA, Please you're garbage to me. You a joke I can kill you in 2 seconds flat and even if you manage to survive that you still gotta survive Headhunt, Focused Mind, Deaden Nerves, my charm, stealth and my 5 aps onslaught. You're doomed. b:cool

hahhahaahahahaahahahahb:laugh

+1
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Easy fix in PvP

Remove shadow escape
    Remove daeden nerves
    Remove ability to spark AT ALL in stealth

There we go, sins fixed.

Now for something else, how do i report someone that kills me without coming out of stealth?
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
    edited March 2011
    APS nerf wouldn't make sins any less OP. You nerf sins then we'll just have full R9 sins running around with +150 ATK level killing you just as fast.

They need to alter stealth above all. It's ridiculous how a level 75 sins can use stealth and is invisible to the world unless it's another sin.

Change to stealth to: Have a short duration, stealth level decreases the closer you are to another player not in your squad, have some indication the player is there (a faint outline, a shadow, etc.), something. It's ridiculous that a 7x sin can't be seen by anyone other than a sin.

5.0 aps nerf would make sins less OP. i can handle an assassin without 5.0. a sin pops outta stealth and stuns, that i can handle, but when it then hits me five times a second on a class already designed to do a shytload of damage that is permanantly sparked, it's impossible. there si no stratigy to defend agenst that, it's just completely one sided and impossible to form a stratigy to defend agenst for any class that isn't 5.0, and if they get hit first, i suspect even for the otehr 5.0s
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins need one of these fixes:

A) When popping out of stealth next to a target, attempting to melee him straight out of stealth will result in the sin FIRST performing the same motion he performs when entering stealth. This gives people a second to react.

B) We need a more permanent, long-term way to obtain detection levels. I'm not talking a random apothecary pot that can only be made by the faction that owns Raging Tides and requires level 40 plants to make; I'm talking something like being able to shard your gear with +6 detection level shards or something. That would make the bonus permanent for whoever did it without giving this sight bonus to EVERY player. It would also cost the player a good 7 sockets of their gear, so sins can hardly cry "that's OP."

C) Stealth needs to become more limited. Either put it on a time limit, increase how much MP it eats drastically, make it eat chi instead, or make stealth NOT work once the sin is within 2 meters of the target. That would either allow them to get close while still giving the player time to react OR it would put sins on a serious time limit, meaning their attacks become somewhat more predictable.

There's other possibilities too. They just need to pick one.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    stealth NOT work once the sin is within 2 meters of the target.

That wouldn't work since sins have a teleport stun with like 30 meters of range.

They should really increase the interval on daggers by .05 or .10

The idea with fist/claws is they hit fast but have the lowest per hit damage. Daggers hit way harder than them, and they attack just as fast as fist/claws do, since they're only .10 behind and every single assassin has rank 8.

I like the idea of eating chi while in stealth, say 2 chi per second, that way they can use stealth but either have to actually time it rather than spending 20 minutes in stealth while following someone, or wont have chi for headhunt/tele stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1. I never see sins AOE that much and what kind of gear they mainly use to tank? Try AOE tanking??? Let's see how well sins can AOE with just 2 AOE skills, I will find one.

2. No comment b:laugh

3. So can other classes? BS.

4. LOL HA claws on a sin and it didn't cost much...? Dude, is this a joke? Tell me when you are serious next time. b:bye

5. Refine yourselves you dumb people.

I said they CAN AoE, not they use it everytimes ;)

I dont mind the others classes, we speak about the sins.

let me think... if you turn HA, you dont need nirvana pants and scroll of tome to turn 5 APS..., ofc your attack is a bit nerfed because you dont have any masteries. But still you can do much stuff without.

lol, no need.

C) Stealth needs to become more limited. Either put it on a time limit, increase how much MP it eats drastically, make it eat chi instead, or make stealth NOT work once the sin is within 2 meters of the target. That would either allow them to get close while still giving the player time to react OR it would put sins on a serious time limit, meaning their attacks become somewhat more predictable.

I like this one... or they cant do any skill while in stealth, exept teleport
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dictionary definition of assassination which is what an assassin does
    An assassination is "to murder (a usually prominent person) by a sudden and/or secret attack.

Ninja
    A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary of feudal Japan specializing in unorthodox arts of war. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, as well as open combat in certain situations.

See that is also an assassin. What have you learn from this we kill people 1 on 1 thats what our class does. So why not just gang up on us. Is it so hard to do that. If you challenge a person 1 on 1 against a sin you will lose.

Assassins are as good in 1on 1 pve as bms are with fist/claw or barb with claw or both bm and barb with fist and claw with bp in pve.

We are just cuter that's like the only different
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    An assassination is "to murder (a usually prominent person) by a sudden and/or secret attack.

Ninja
    A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary of feudal Japan specializing in unorthodox arts of war. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, as well as open combat in certain situations.

See that is also an assassin. What have you learn from this we kill people 1 on 1 thats what our class does. So why not just gang up on us. Is it so hard to do that. If you challenge a person 1 on 1 against a sin you will lose.

Assassins are as good in 1on 1 pve as bms are with fist/claw or barb with claw or both bm and barb with fist and claw with bp in pve.

I missed the part where it says you can be invisible in broad daylight.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Ninja

Assassins have nothing to do Naruto or whatever anime **** you've been watching. The game is based on chinese mythology and not japanese. Dictionary definitions are stupid anyway. Go look up the definition for Barbarian and try to find where it says they transform into tigers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am sorry where in naruto do you see people act like a ninja. They are loud mouth no skills open fighting ninja. I call naruto anime as a fail for ninja its a good show but just fail for what a ninja does.

Those are actual definition from a oxford dictionary. You are just mad cause assassins replaced archers and owns you b:shutup

Hehehe well i am saying we are op but more in a 1on1 scenario see ya!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    If classes are designed according to their dictionary definition then why can't psychics reveal the future? If classes are designed according to dictionary definitions then the psychics in my guild should be able to tell me what is going to be in the cash shop a month in advance.

Also the word venomancer isn't even in the dictionary, so I guess the developers are going to have to completely remove that class.

Ninja

Your logic completely fails. An assassination is to murder a prominent person by secret or surprise.

And ninjas assassinated people, that does not mean that all assassins are ninjas.

That's like saying Lee Harvery Oswald was a ninja.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    bla bla aSSaSSins explanation

My prediction is correct, someone actually come and use these as reason of op - ness. b:cool
    competitive game = need balance
    Ehh whatever these just like on wc3 everyone say orc bm op orc bm op
    because he can disappear and kill all your worker or left copies to make you worker busy plus his high speed attack and critical, makes any race defeated or struggling before tier 2 and between orc it was cat fight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...