Do sins make this game more fun?

Comments

• Avriel - Harshlands
    Avriel - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    I think PWI initially killed PvP by adding HP charms. Basically it forced the devs to allow players to be able to kill each other within 10 seconds, yay, fun. Being able to 1-shot other players (including the "tanks") is another sure way to make PvP pointless. Finally, any game with a cash shop that gives huge PvE/PvP equipment and player bonuses (rank gear, refines, excessive xp boosts, etc) is bound to have unfair PvP.

About the only cash shop games that allow for fair play are the ones where the cash shop is for game content (zones), non-game breaking items such as xp boosts that help but aren't going to make you level 12-14 times faster, and non(or minimal)-game affecting items (fashion and mounts).

When a game is pay to win, you can be sure that PvP is not going to be fun for most players.

lol.. Sad but true.. Although HP charms didnt KILL pvp, just made it more challenging because now neither player can die easily.

However... against sins in pvp... dont even bother with an HP charm, you'll burn it releasing corpse.b:chuckle
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This thread is pointless,
    Sins are OP,
    Quit the damn game,
    And you shall be free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Avriel - Harshlands
    Avriel - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This thread is pointless,
    Sins are OP,
    Quit the damn game,
    And you shall be free.

lolumad
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd also like to point out that I think there's a problem when you can ask "who's the best assassin you know" and people have trouble answering, because they ALL PLAY EXACTLY THE SAME.

That just shows how mindless of a class it is. Other classes, you have to think. BMs are deciding which weapon to use, Psys are deciding which voodoo to use and where to spend their sparks, wizzies are trying to set things up right for their nuke, archers are tactically retreating from any danger....

Sins? They pointing and clicking.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd also like to point out that I think there's a problem when you can ask "who's the best assassin you know" and people have trouble answering, because they ALL PLAY EXACTLY THE SAME.

That just shows how mindless of a class it is. Other classes, you have to think. BMs are deciding which weapon to use, Psys are deciding which voodoo to use and where to spend their sparks, wizzies are trying to set things up right for their nuke, archers are tactically retreating from any danger....

Sins? They pointing and clicking.

QFT

Sad thing is, Assassins have a ton of skills they don't even need to utilize. But if forced to, they would still be decent PvPers..Just not insanely OP...and OMG.....drum-roll.......-balanced-
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pretty sure they will suck in 40v40 guild wars to, if that ever gets implemented.

I don't think so.The less numbers a fight has the stronger the sin will be so while it might not be as good as in a 1v1/6v6 etc I wouldn't go as far to say that they suck.I'm not even sure if I can say that sins suck in TW if they're r9 + other end-game gears and know how to play.With a good genie & IGs/sutrapowders it's not that hard to take down 2 ppl b4 they go down,if not more or cause squads to break formations & focus fire on them,giving other players time to act. Even if they kill 1 person then they go down,remember that they can return to the fight pretty fast with 3 sparks w/o even using a chi poth like most classes do,thus allowing them to use other apoths such as immunities.

Let's not forget that they can also be used to kill cata barbs pretty damn fast,gotta make sure the barb is purged if it has bramble though,as well as take the binding posts faster than any1 else can.

So while a sin is not as great & important in TW as some other classes I really can't say it sucks anymore.Maybe it's because most sins suck at playing their class but then again,a bm that sucks at playing his class won't be of much use in TW either,just saying.

Less useful/decent in TW but god mode @ everything else,broken class is broken.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And we need to wait and see how the seeker does. I was playing around at PQ1 yesterday with mine, with that vortex AOE at level 1. Doing 3x as much damage as my normal attacks, constantly, to everything around me. Now level that up to 10 (just leveled it up, can't wait to see what it does now!) and the range grows with each level, as does the damage.

Put that up in TW, stick your clerics and squishies inside...and see what it does to sins that try to get close. It is supposed to be constant damage, so I would love to see what it does in PvP at level 10/11 with a really good weapon, not some noob lvl 70 sword.

Better hope the Seeker pops a Vacuity before doing that, because otherwise a Sin will Tele-stun onto the Seeker, then turn to faceroll the nicely clustered mages. Chill of the Deep + Frenzy + Mire + Subsea + Earthen Rift, and you've got a lot of dead mages + possibly dead Seeker in the span of a few seconds.

And between Deaden Nerves/Focused Mind/Tidal Protection/apo, Sin really isn't all that squishy.

As for the topic at hand, it depends on the person. Being a Sin has made the game more fun...for me.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ^^ would ragequit if they balanced sins.
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Something that has been overlooked in this thread is class diversity. As a direct result of so many people playing the Sin class, it has become more and more difficult for players to get squads for BH, TT, FC, etc.

For those that end up standing around doing nothing while they look for a squad to do an instance, I can assure you, they likely do not think Sins make this game more fun.

This is likely more of an issue for newer players, or those that just casually play, but it is relevant nonetheless.

b:tired
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins are class for teh noobs..
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think PWI initially killed PvP by adding HP charms. Basically it forced the devs to allow players to be able to kill each other within 10 seconds, yay, fun. Being able to 1-shot other players (including the "tanks") is another sure way to make PvP pointless. Finally, any game with a cash shop that gives huge PvE/PvP equipment and player bonuses (rank gear, refines, excessive xp boosts, etc) is bound to have unfair PvP.

About the only cash shop games that allow for fair play are the ones where the cash shop is for game content (zones), non-game breaking items such as xp boosts that help but aren't going to make you level 12-14 times faster, and non(or minimal)-game affecting items (fashion and mounts).

When a game is pay to win, you can be sure that PvP is not going to be fun for most players.

I agree that charms are the real PvP killer. However, they certainly don't make a fight go faster. Quite the opposite, in fact.

In TW charms are invaluable, and certainly worth their weight in gold. But in open world PvP, they make PKing absolutely dull.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Try to do a TW without your cata barbs being charmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree that charms are the real PvP killer. However, they certainly don't make a fight go faster. Quite the opposite, in fact.

In TW charms are invaluable, and certainly worth their weight in gold. But in open world PvP, they make PKing absolutely dull.

Pfft. You say charms kill pvp but most people on this server will die to a sin due to lag before their charm can even react. So How would charms kill pvp when it doesn't even matter? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Better hope the Seeker pops a Vacuity before doing that, because otherwise a Sin will Tele-stun onto the Seeker, then turn to faceroll the nicely clustered mages. Chill of the Deep + Frenzy + Mire + Subsea + Earthen Rift, and you've got a lot of dead mages + possibly dead Seeker in the span of a few seconds.

And between Deaden Nerves/Focused Mind/Tidal Protection/apo, Sin really isn't all that squishy.

As for the topic at hand, it depends on the person. Being a Sin has made the game more fun...for me.

I love how in threads like this, it's always like.

Random person:
    Sins are OP.
    Sin: No we're not, we're squishy as hell and we're really bad at group fights. It's perfectly acceptable that we absolutely dominate 1v1 but only suck when we get ganked.
    Seeker: Nah, they're not that OP. I can kill them with this combo -insert combo here-
    Sin: AWWW HELL NAH MUTHAFACKA, Please you're garbage to me. You a joke I can kill you in 2 seconds flat and even if you manage to survive that you still gotta survive Headhunt, Focused Mind, Deaden Nerves, my charm, stealth and my 5 aps onslaught. You're doomed. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Everyone has rerolled a sin by now, or at least has an alt that is a sin. You want to PvP? You make a sin for stealth. You want to PvE? You make a sin for APS. The only thing they're less useful for is TW, but a R9 sin still makes a dent.

kinda ironic coming from an earthguard, one of the newer classes, but i refuse to even have an alt that's a sin or a psychic. i don't like to be associated with psychics and sins can all go crawl in a hole and die fer all i care. the assassin class in general is just abunch of overpowered high aps users and so are fist user BMs. the introduction of assassins and 5,0 have made the game less fun. there are some things ya could do ta balance out the whole mess, like cut down 5.0aps, make shadow escape consume a spark instead of give one, and oh idk, maybe make the other high evasion class, archers, have a skill that makes it so they have a higher detection lvl for a period of time. but these things will nvr happen, so i will continue to target any assassin that bugs me, which is most...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    schtuff

I see you made your mystic. Well, you promised me your noob fac (what was it called again?) was going to dominate me and Vertu. I'm waiting b:pleased

I'm also waiting for the 1v1 you promised within 2 months of EG being released, where you stated you would be 10X and would pwn me in 10seconds flatb:chuckle

On topic:
    No sins don't make game more fun.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I see you made your mystic. Well, you promised me your noob fac (what was it called again?) was going to dominate me and Vertu. I'm waiting b:pleased

I'm also waiting for the 1v1 you promised within 2 months of EG being released, where you stated you would be 10X and would pwn me in 10seconds flatb:chuckle

On topic:
    No sins don't make game more fun.
    I wish my noob guild could beat vertu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Sadly I don't think there's anything we or PWI can do to nerf the power of APS and sins. PWI can only really control the cash shop and fix a few localization bugs. They are definitely not taking packs out, and Nirvana gear is in the game permanently for better or worse.

Shadow escape is almost like giving wizards 20 chi everytime they distance shrink.

Or everytime a barb turtles he gains 1 spark. It's just so random... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins are class for teh noobs..

All archers are metrosexual balerina men in real life.

No, seriously, you couldn't think of a valid argument (unlike everybody here) to save your life. I can spew random one-liners all day long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All archers are metrosexual balerina men in real life.

No, seriously, you couldn't think of a valid argument (unlike everybody here) to save your life. I can spew random one-liners all day long.

and all clerics are from canada (you know its true)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011

THIS,i can't stand you morons complaining about pvp being out of whack cause of just sins...newsflash einsteins pw pvp was destroyed the minute you could whip out the cred card and go one shot anyone you damn well pleased.

On a totally unrelated note,i find it highly amusing watching the wc bragging from pkers with full nirvana/rank 9 +10 and higher gear on HT,calling others out and calling them noob this that and the other when they one-two shot someone else.

Sins are for dummies?This entire games pvp system is for dummies.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This entire games pvp system is for dummies.

the same with so many system out there b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the same with so many system out there b:chuckle

True true,but i have found a rare few in my not too many but still substantial years of gaming that work very well XD
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    and all clerics are from canada (you know its true)

all bms are from mexico too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    all bms are from mexico too

how else do you think we run so fast?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    THIS,i can't stand you morons complaining about pvp being out of whack cause of just sins...newsflash einsteins pw pvp was destroyed the minute you could whip out the cred card and go one shot anyone you damn well pleased.

On a totally unrelated note,i find it highly amusing watching the wc bragging from pkers with full nirvana/rank 9 +10 and higher gear on HT,calling others out and calling them noob this that and the other when they one-two shot someone else.

Sins are for dummies?This entire games pvp system is for dummies.

This game is balanced around the cash shop if you want to be competitive. If you didn't realize this by now well then here's your newsflash. It doesn't stop free players from playing and enjoying the game, as long as they don't expect to be as strong as a full cash-shopper. There ARE free players who are smart enough to get all the gears for free, however. I've made over a billion coins just from merchanting alone. Did that require a cash shop?

The imbalance mentioned is, it USED to be that a guy who spends around $1000 (arbitrary figure here), no matter what class he picked, could expect to be competitive with all players. At the current moment, a SIN who spends $500 has absolutely no trouble beating someone who spends, say, double that amount, $1000.

What I'm saying is that it's relatively cheap to gear up a sin to a power lvl that can kill everyone else without being killed himself.

Also they have turned pve into a cash shopper's game also. It used to be that free players were more accepted into endgame runs like nirvana, FC, TT. Now it is all sins who have the gear to solo FC, sell it for profit (**** over free players). A free veno who scraped together enough money for a herc? A BM who loves the sword and axe and doesn't have 4 aps? HAHA GTFO. "Make a sin or quit the game."

How ridiculous is it for a class to be so overpowered that it can solo content designed for groups (FC), then sell spots for the exp room for 500k each? Is it too much to expect the sin to join up with a group of friends and go through the instance together?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Don't listen to the QQ-BS forums, play the assassin for yourself. Frankly its a LOT easier to play a veno than a sin. Sins can't pull, they can't tank, they can't AOE which are their flaws. Veno could pull, veno could tank and mediocre AOErs. And not to forget, "good gear"? BS. I am not talking about refines you dumb tards, cause "mediocre" does not mean refines. It depends on the STATS of the gear. Assassins are still squishy and can never tank unless they whip out their credit cards. Barbs are OP in tanking, nuff said.

These people are QQing about +7 (or better) refined R8-R9 assassins because its obvious that anyone with +7 owns everything. "Equally geared" as what? You having +3 while the other have +8? Boohooo.

Assasssins are fun to play, even they have flaws, try playing an assassin THROUGH the game yourself and not skip 98 levels like most of those idiots. Venoes have flaws too, but they are ridiculously overpowered to the point of boring, not worth making more than one veno because leveling pets all over again. Veno have the worst DPH/DPS which usually needs amp/ironwood for more DMG ingame, unless they become demon 5.0 veno which are the most deadly ingame.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Don't listen to the QQ-BS forums, play the assassin for yourself. Frankly its a LOT easier to play a veno than a sin. Sins can't pull, they can't tank, they can't AOE which are their flaws. Veno could pull, veno could tank and mediocre AOErs. And not to forget, "good gear"? BS. I am not talking about refines you dumb tards, cause "mediocre" does not mean refines. It depends on the STATS of the gear. Assassins are still squishy and can never tank unless they whip out their credit cards. Barbs are OP in tanking, nuff said.

These people are QQing about +7 (or better) refined R8-R9 assassins because its obvious that anyone with +7 owns everything. "Equally geared" as what? You having +3 while the other have +8? Boohooo.

Assasssins are fun to play, even they have flaws, try playing an assassin THROUGH the game yourself and not skip 98 levels like most of those idiots. Venoes have flaws too, but they are ridiculously overpowered to the point of boring, not worth making more than one veno because leveling pets all over again. Veno have the worst DPH/DPS which usually needs amp/ironwood for more DMG ingame, unless they become demon 5.0 veno which are the most deadly ingame.

?? Get a clue. I'm talking about endgame imbalance.

Go watch an endgame sin who knows what he's doing go about his day. You would be surprised at the amount of stuff he can "tank" (through skills, bloodpaint, etc).

And $100-200 for decent gear is not that expensive. Wow costs $15 a month. You play for a year and how much have you paid? $180 just from subscriptions. How much did buying the base game + 3-4 expansions cost? And after that you are still stuck with just a lvl 1 char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They've absolutely killed PvP by adding a godmode class.

A monkey throwing **** at his computer could kill someone as a sin

Sins are so OP that people playing them even admit that they're OP. In most games I've played where there's one class that's completely OP the people who play that class will spend all day arguing how they aren't OP, but on here even the sins are like "yea, we're OP."

All this is pure QQ, I have NP with sins from ANY level. OFC 5.0 Sin > 5.0 Barb Stick with your own weapons and stop failing Mr.FTP5.0barb.

And QQ more please post above. Get some proper gear and spend the same amount of money just like the other did? Endgame imbalance? LOL!! The game was imbalanced when refines were ingame (all the time) . And OFC I do refine too. Yeah, I would like to see a +0 to +2 sin tank, not some credit card style.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Ok... why sins can do boss in FC without any help? They have 2 aoes skills btw... and one who do like extrem poison.

The only veno I saw doing that is a R9

True... but in 1vs1, they take you down before you can do anything

I didnt pay much to get my sin OP (HA Claws) (No worrie, I dont really use it for PvP x.x;)... And I can solo almsot all boss of the game... I only used coins I farmed and merched. Yes they are squishy, but their skills are OP.
    I do more money with my sin than my merch.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte