Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Options

Comments

• ap0llo
    ap0llo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am the leader of a faction on heaven's tear, and, as a PVE server, i think it's absolutely disgusting that PWI has made the faction bases compulsory TW 40 vs 40. I agree with many of the smaller faction based leaders, that this has to be the lowest PWI has sunk. To make that much effort to get a faction base (either money, time or in game coin) just to have it ripped away from you in 5 seconds is totally pointless and is geared up for factions like ENRAGE, Drakon, The Empire etc etc.
    Ok, you have said that faction bases can earn you rewards, that's a great idea; but who is going to get any of these rewards when you're going to have your base annihilated. Even if small/medium factions were to build a base, the only guilds that will get any benefits are the big TW factions. so what's the point?
    The whole point of playing on a PVE server is so you DON'T have to PvP or are the dev's so stupid they forgot this point? fair enough, make it compulsory on the PvP servers, but on HT have the option to opt in on 40 vs 40 if you want to and leave the smaller factions to enjoy their guild bases without threat of losing it.
    It would be nice if some of these suggestions were taken on board and listened to
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    GM's, you need to give people a straight up answer on how this **** works. For **** sakes it took me several days to figure out how to upgrade a wing in the base just to make sure I didn't do something wrong. You've gotten people to pay hundreds of millions for this guild base, and as far as we know, it can be lost in 1 fight. You NEED to tell us EVERYTHING that is possible in a guild base or you will **** off a LOT of people.
    The GMs don't know **** about this game.

Ask a GM about any instance past FB59, they will have no clue what you're talking about.

I've seen a BM who at the time only had 3.33 aps sparked, get banned because his attack speed "looked like it was ****"

The GMs aren't giving any information because they don't have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

You can frame this and hang it on your fridge, it's the universal answer to every thread on these forums.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The GMs don't know **** about this game.

Ask a GM about any instance past FB59, they will have no clue what you're talking about.

I've seen a BM who at the time only had 3.33 aps sparked, get banned because his attack speed "looked like it was ****"

to be fair they are really pros at making sure ur zen charges go thru as smoothly as possible b:cute

please insert 500 zen for one credit

please insert support ticket for one confused gm
  • Kitanah - Heavens Tear
    Kitanah - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If people stopped and used their math skills for a minute, they'd realize that it is actually cheaper to play a monthly pay-to-play game (like the new Rift...awesome) than to play PW anymore. I think it's just a matter of time b4 that really sinks into people.
    For the cost of one mount in the cash shop....you coulda paid 3-4 months worth of play time in another game and had ALL the benefits your little heart desires. Just a thought for the wise....
    b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If people stopped and used their math skills for a minute, they'd realize that it is actually cheaper to play a monthly pay-to-play game (like the new Rift...awesome) than to play PW anymore. I think it's just a matter of time b4 that really sinks into people.
    For the cost of one mount in the cash shop....you coulda paid 3-4 months worth of play time in another game and had ALL the benefits your little heart desires. Just a thought for the wise....

I think many already hear and know about these from long time ago. b:chuckle
    Most of us maybe just greedy or stingy whatever which one . . b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If people stopped and used their math skills for a minute, they'd realize that it is actually cheaper to play a monthly pay-to-play game (like the new Rift...awesome) than to play PW anymore.

Err nope.

$0 < $12/month, ijs

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Err nope.

$0 < $12/month, ijs

Keep in mind that Pay to Play MMOs generally offer far more low-mid-high end content from the start and continually add onto it.

Free to Play are almost always bare bones from day one, with companies desperately trying to build up to the starting levels of better funded games.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

I dunno I'd rather just pay for the rare item I might want, than have to pay 12 dollars a month when I may not want anything at all for a year at a time.
    So unless that one item is gonna make it worth that 144 dollars I'd have put in No thanks b:chuckle
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    May I suggest instead of posting this on a forum that neither GMs or Devs look at that everyone sends a ticket. I'm sure if the tickets don't stop they will change it. It isn't like they going to do anything to stop us from writing tickets. What they going to do ban you for submitting a ticket to tech support?
  • Skaidred - Archosaur
    Skaidred - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Um, this is where you wrong. Take me. I don't care much for PVP true, but I lv my character so that I can help with more and more things that I would not have been able to do at lower lvs so that I can help others. I have no interest in TW, tho I wouldn't mind trying it out. Why should I even limit it to mobs? There's a ton more stuff I can do.b:laugh Besides, like other people, I don't feel the need to make my endgame PVP. Why should I? I can choose to stay PVE if its my choice.

Pardon the pun, but it also seems that with the way you are expressing this, you are also clarifying that the majority are PVP's. The game, in my opinion, has no real design to specify certain needs. Just how you want to play it your way provided you are playing a PVE server. You want a bigger challenge to stay alive? Well, then go to a PVP server.

Spoken like someone that's not lvl 100 yet.

Well you have a right to play the way you want to but it's also true that, as other people have said, it's possible to run every high level instance except full Warsong (which nobody does anyway), FB99 Sucess mode runs (again which nobody does anyway) and MAYBE TT3-3 (Though success in this TT has more to do with your skill than your gear imo; a full r9 squad can still get r/\ped by Illusion Lord if they don't know what they're doing) with basic TT90 +3 flawless sharded gear. Yes that includes Nirvana, although it may not be with the ease or speed of epic geared 5aps squads. This is basically the reason people say endgame content is all geared toward pvp. All of the endgame instances are designed for obtaining better gear or making money to obtain better gear or supplies or paying for refines. You don't really need any of that for pve.

There are really only three things to do aside from quitting at endgame

1. Funnel all your effort and resources into pvp (TW and/or pk whatever makes you happy, this is why I USED to play the game)

2. Play for the sake of other people (In other words play to help low level or otherwise inexperienced guildies learn the game/farm so they don't quit before they get to endgame - incidentally this is the reason I still play although I acknowledge that the game is obviously geared toward pvp in endgame and used to be into pvp myself; I'm a skilled player but I don't cash shop my gear, and getting killed in 4 hits by every unskilled facerolling r9 +10 sin when I'm wearing heavy armor, not even to mention r9 psys and wizards is not exactly fun to me)

3. Use the game as a fancy chat program (Often along with option 1 or 2)

Anyway back to the actual topic of the thread.

Yes it looks like Guild Bases are a MASSIVE money sink, but look on the bright side, perhaps this will reduce the gold prices from their ridiculous levels on every server. But then again they re instituted the old TW pay system so perhaps not. -_-

Also I agree that the times are ridiculous. People need to work/ go to school during the week. Personally I'm at work at that time. I'm really disappointed because I was thinking that I might actually be able to get in some group pvp action and that it might actually be worthwhile for me to stop being factionless. b:surrender
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Again Sangodoc, thanks for your effort on the Wiki page, and we realize it is not your fault that getting information out of China is like asking for Warsoul gear. But if you have any pull with the Dev's please ask them to release some information about this guild hall thing.
    Pull with the devs? LOL. I can't even get FrankieRaye to update the main page of the wiki with the updated version that I've had ready for almost two weeks. And that's pretty much just a copy-and-paste operation.

Well, this week we'll probably be seeing some faction siege battles, so hopefully we should get some answers then.

Anyone know what the PW China opinion is on faction bases?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just recently added some more detailed info about the guild bases on the wiki, but it could use more detail concerning the Guild base PvP. I was able to submit what I had concerning the base quests / pve aspects, but the pvp stuff is still a copy paste from in-game.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Pull with the devs? LOL. I can't even get FrankieRaye to update the main page of the wiki with the updated version that I've had ready for almost two weeks. And that's pretty much just a copy-and-paste operation.

Well, this week we'll probably be seeing some faction siege battles, so hopefully we should get some answers then.

Anyone know what the PW China opinion is on faction bases?

Looking at your siggy I hate you. You have the shade of pink I been trying for but failing.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Again i dont see why u expect the Devs or GMs to tell u the ins and outs of the bases they have never done that for any aspect of the game reali they give u the bare minium for u to get started then they have the players figure it out for themselves its how it has always been
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yakuu - Heavens Tear
    Yakuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Okay devs, I got an idea. Everyone stop spending a single dollar on this game, and let's see how they feel then. b:angry Loss of money, not gonna be happy are ya? THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE GUILD BASES! Cause that's what it's gonna take right? You don't care about us as players and gamers, you only care about the money aspect, for goodness sake... don't you see your selfish greediness is ruining the game for us??? Wow you can count the number of players leaving by the end of the month...
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Again i dont see why u expect the Devs or GMs to tell u the ins and outs of the bases they have never done that for any aspect of the game reali they give u the bare minium for u to get started then they have the players figure it out for themselves its how it has always been
    This.

The GMs can't tell us what they don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What's the point of upgrading the monolith in the hall of loyalty? I know you are supposed to get more contribution or something yet II is the same as I.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What's the point of upgrading the monolith in the hall of loyalty? I know you are supposed to get more contribution or something yet II is the same as I.

There doesn't seem to be any noticeable difference between level II and I in any wings yet, but I'll be able to confirm whether or not level III monolith increases the rewards.

Edit: The only difference I've noticed is that the mob quests are called Basilisk II instead of Basilisk I. Rewards still appear to the same, unless it's just a higher % rate of getting both construction, contribution, and materials.

Some quests only give construction points half the time, whereas II is perhaps a higher rate?

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be any noticeable difference between level II and I in any wings yet, but I'll be able to confirm whether or not level III monolith increases the rewards.

Edit: The only difference I've noticed is that the mob quests are called Basilisk II instead of Basilisk I. Rewards still appear to the same, unless it's just a higher % rate of getting both construction, contribution, and materials.

Some quests only give construction points half the time, whereas II is perhaps a higher rate?

Yeah maybe, how long till your level III is done? Seems worth 12mil to wait for you to find out. b:surrender
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah maybe, how long till your level III is done? Seems worth 12mil to wait for you to find out. b:surrender

It should be done sometime tomorrow evening. I'll probably submit something to the Wiki if anything noticeable comes from it.

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lvl 2 does not increase quest contribution

but lvl 3 increases it from100 to 120 for each of the mob quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As there is a lot of disinformation i'll tell you what i've figured out so far.

Guild Base Info

There are a few quests for people to do in their guild base every day. You get contribution points which goes towards increasing your guild base lvl. And also get materials you use too upgrade different wings.

http://i.imgur.com/gHQiX.png

At lvl up the cap for each material is 5k, this has to be increased by upgrading something, like the heavenly vault.

There is an extreme surplus of this material. EXTREME SURPLUS, this is what will be consumed when upgrading and repairing buildings. I believe this is what you get from the 40 vs 40, but maybe there is more.

A faction war cannot be declined, and takes 5 million coins to bid. If multiple factions bid on the same faction base, the attacker will randomly be chosen. I suspect it will be no detriment to lose a faction base war, especially for a faction base that is not leveled up.

There is a health rating for the faction, kind of an activity meter. If it finally goes to zero your base will be 'destroyed' but it really won't be destroyed only decommissioned and you will have to pay a fee to reopen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As there is a lot of disinformation i'll tell you what i've figured out so far.

Guild Base Info

There are a few quests for people to do in their guild base every day. You get contribution points which goes towards increasing your guild base lvl. And also get materials you use too upgrade different wings.

http://i.imgur.com/gHQiX.png

At lvl up the cap for each material is 5k, this has to be increased by upgrading something, like the heavenly vault.

There is an extreme surplus of this material. EXTREME SURPLUS, this is what will be consumed when upgrading and repairing buildings. I believe this is what you get from the 40 vs 40, but maybe there is more.

A faction war cannot be declined, and takes 5 million coins to bid. If multiple factions bid on the same faction base, the attacker will randomly be chosen. I suspect it will be no detriment to lose a faction base war, especially for a faction base that is not leveled up.

There is a health rating for the faction, kind of an activity meter. If it finally goes to zero your base will be 'destroyed' but it really won't be destroyed only decommissioned and you will have to pay a fee to reopen.

What is the fee?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hello all Forum Members,

I am the leader of a lvl 3 faction called Kindrid on the Dreamweaver server.

And yes we took all that time to establish our base, cause we wanted 2 see what it gives. Most of our members are lvl 95+. So we where somewhat disappointed to see that the gears that you could get where capped at lvl 80 at lvl 1 base thing. OK fine, lvl it up then. There is a FEE? AGAIN! 11 Mil+++ up to 93 Mil for the last lvl. WTF PWE! 350 mil worth in mats and coin wasn;t enough? You think I got some magical PWI tree that grows me coin? You basically destroyed every market to make money on in the game, so explain 2 me why you could not think 1 second that you Chineese playerbase differs from your PWI playerbase.

Secondly, the gears, Best Radiant Wand.. debuff, +200 to all resistances, attack and defense lvl's etc etc, OMG that;s friggin awesome!, ow hey wait...its LIMITED TIME? (1 week duration)

But ok, i guess i can live with that although friggin ****. Here is the thing, costs: 11.900.000.000 <-- not a typo. 11.9 BILLION *bleep* Coin? Are you *Bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep* stupid?

Now ok,. guess we just ignore that part. ok so euhm, new instances? nope... Training Monolith, hmm interesting, faction quests, annouced by your staff. I only see 2 small friggin quests for contribution.....and the Training Monolith gives horrible and completely useless quests as well. So any upside 2 the base? Yeah, unity for the faction, common goals, etc etc, base investment worth it? Not by far...but ok.

So now the latest shocker, Base can be destroyed? WTH! I have to spend a rough 350 mil worth in mats and coins to get the darn thing, then 11+ mil PER lvl to lvl it. and i can loose it all, and redo it all over, except the initial investments, but i have to pay a FEE? ok great, next time in your ? section in a base, be nice to actually STATE the *Bleep* fee.

This base is ONLY to be gotten for lvl 3 medium to large sized factions, and then the other part is, they have to defend the friggin thing? WHAT THE *Bleep* FOR? WE invested in it, WE spend time getting the mats, for the strongest faction to play powermad over all factions if they wish, and deny them their bases? Your Devs, and Management are UTTER FAIL! Think things through for once.

Ok, so guess alliances to get help in defending it all, Get some factions with heavy cashers 2 side with us, although my friggin policy was god darn neutral.

Ow. wait, nvm an alliance, 3 Mil per side, per 29 DAYS? WTH is wrong with you people!

New classes can do dances WITHOUT fashion, for the old classes NO new dance without spending the gold 2 get the top fashion to do the dance, which is HORRIBLE, and the same for all classes, FAIL again. nice creativity there devs and management.

New classes got cool looking shizzle, seeker "Stows" the weapon, euhm, what? to hard to redo the old classes, make them look equally graphically stunning and let them do the same "Stowing" of a weapon? Archer wraps bow on back, or slingshot on belt. Seekers put their daggers behind them on their belt (kinda ninja dagger style) etc etc etc etc, really ITS NOT THAT FRIGGIN HARD!

The new classes are cool, i will give you that, but 1 skill for the seekers costs MIRAGES 2 use, lolz, BIG BIG fail, sorry can;t buff, ran out of mirages >.>.....ok....18K a pop rofl, expensive skill to use...

Mystics, get a res BUFF, thank god no real res. But their healing skill, actually its REALLY strong, enough to keep me healed on FB69..LOL (Sorry clerics had to test that one). Seekers are chainers...ok, nice, and weapon restricted, good, the way it should be, ow hold on, you forgot the other weapons!, make em all go back 2 their OWN weapons, clawbarians, clawchers, clawRICS, Clawzard....<-- guess people tend to use claws nowadays. (And yes, my archer has em to, cause a bow is useless in Nirvana, and i HATE using my claws, utterly boring.)

So basically, The biggest thing about this all...the faction base, is just an utter fail on your end. And added to all that, your expansion is very poorly done. You missed about 60% of the fixes and improvements.

Go back to the drawing board, and give me PWI back.

Obly out
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think the Radiant wand is really only 1 billion and is permanent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This sounds like the largest coin sink I've ever seen in any mmo so far. It seems to be doing its job quite well even.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This thread just keeps getting funnier u r judging the base off of what the first 5 lvls? do u have any idea how it will be improved when u get it up towards the max lvl :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think the Radiant wand is really only 1 billion and is permanent.
    "only" 1 billion coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    New classes got cool looking shizzle, seeker "Stows" the weapon, euhm, what? to hard to redo the old classes, make them look equally graphically stunning and let them do the same "Stowing" of a weapon?

yes. wanmei only spends creative staff time on stuff they can advertise as "new" and "additional" to the game. redoing the old classes would be "your same old game, only it looks different now", which is apparently not considered enough of a selling point to spend money on it.

a similar logic explains why we almost never get bug fixes. how would they advertise that? "now with fewer of the f%ck&ps we shouldn't have put in there in the first place"? Chinese players won't spend any renminbi on that, so it doesn't get coded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
This discussion has been closed.