Faction bases are a joke.

Sincerely,

GoodStart
  • Takayu_kun - Heavens Tear
    Takayu_kun - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't mind the new expansion.
    I'm honestly more of a roll with the punches type of person.

But this. No. I'm sorry.
    I can't.

I will not make a faction base.
    Not until something gives.
    Until something changes.
    I, like many others, started a faction simply to help new players, to be like those great players that were there and helped me through my early stages of the game.
    I love this game.

More than half of my tier 1 faction is under lvl 25.
    I had my heart set on a faction base as soon as I learned they were possible.
    I was willing to spend whatever I had to to get my fac to tier 3 and then have a base.
    We are not a TW faction.
    Hell, I'm not even sure most of the people in my fac have it in them to PK. D:

And like so many have said, going to war with just about any other faction is suicide for new player support factions.
    We're the ones keeping people coming back.
    The nice people that give people a chance.

If it weren't for support guilds recruiting in new areas, half the people that start this game probably wouldn't even come back after logging in once! Just because of WC and the behavior that is allowed to go on in there!

And just because we can't fight back, I'll have to bow down and watch my factions work be destroyed just because someone decides to do it for the lolz?
    No.
    I will not.
    I won't let them experience that kind of heartbreak.
    Because that's what it is.
    And if new people in my fac ask why we don't have a base once we become a tier 3 faction, I will not tell them why.
    I will let them find out for themselves because honest to God I couldn't believe the rumors I'd heard in whispers and squads.
    And if they quit so early on just because of this, I won't blame them.

It's not fair! There! I said it!
    I can QQ all I want because if wc can go and run rampant as it does, I can do whatever I want too!

There are ways for us all to have bases and to keep the TW factions happy too.
    Just give us a shield!
    Give them better bases than us, give them better rewards, equipment, anything, it doesn't matter.
    Let them be better than us.
    It'll give players something to work towards if they see TW fac members running around all shiny and buff.
    Play on their envy all you want.
    Just let us have our own space too.

Please, GMs, mods, makers, whatever, please, change this.
    -waiting for something better, Taka

Edit: I noticed I mention wc unfavorably.
    I actually like wc. It makes me laugh. It keeps me entertained. But it is obscene some of the things allowed to go on in there.
    (Fellow HT sever users know what I mean...)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't mind the new expansion.
    I'm honestly more of a roll with the punches type of person.

But this. No. I'm sorry.
    I can't.

I will not make a faction base.
    Not until something gives.
    Until something changes.
    I, like many others, started a faction simply to help new players, to be like those great players that were there and helped me through my early stages of the game.
    I love this game.

More than half of my tier 1 faction is under lvl 25.
    I had my heart set on a faction base as soon as I learned they were possible.
    I was willing to spend whatever I had to to get my fac to tier 3 and then have a base.
    We are not a TW faction.
    Hell, I'm not even sure most of the people in my fac have it in them to PK. D:

And like so many have said, going to war with just about any other faction is suicide for new player support factions.
    We're the ones keeping people coming back.
    The nice people that give people a chance.

If it weren't for support guilds recruiting in new areas, half the people that start this game probably wouldn't even come back after logging in once! Just because of WC and the behavior that is allowed to go on in there!

And just because we can't fight back, I'll have to bow down and watch my factions work be destroyed just because someone decides to do it for the lolz?
    No.
    I will not.
    I won't let them experience that kind of heartbreak.
    Because that's what it is.
    And if new people in my fac ask why we don't have a base once we become a tier 3 faction, I will not tell them why.
    I will let them find out for themselves because honest to God I couldn't believe the rumors I'd heard in whispers and squads.
    And if they quit so early on just because of this, I won't blame them.

It's not fair! There! I said it!
    I can QQ all I want because if wc can go and run rampant as it does, I can do whatever I want too!

There are ways for us all to have bases and to keep the TW factions happy too.
    Just give us a shield!
    Give them better bases than us, give them better rewards, equipment, anything, it doesn't matter.
    Let them be better than us.
    It'll give players something to work towards if they see TW fac members running around all shiny and buff.
    Play on their envy all you want.
    Just let us have our own space too.

Please, GMs, mods, makers, whatever, please, change this.
    -waiting for something better, Taka

Edit: I noticed I mention wc unfavorably.
    I actually like wc. It makes me laugh. It keeps me entertained. But it is obscene some of the things allowed to go on in there.
    (Fellow HT sever users know what I mean...)
    lrn2read.

40 vs 40 isn't even in the game yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Things i like about faction base:

- no lag
    - i can get barb buff and hourlly crit rate buff for almost nothing
    - daily gives me something to do

(hope 100 weapons are good..)

They should add a god damn teleporter inside tho, getting into TW from a TP in any city is a pain. Huge amount of lagg and ofc all idiots come closer to ask why so many people here?b:angry
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Akeratsat - Heavens Tear
    Akeratsat - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seriously!?! It's not fair, why is PW pandering to TW factions? I'm with Takayu_kun 100% us helper guilds should be allowed our space! When I learned.... I mean really? Maybe with the bases have separate choices. TW and Helpers. If you choose to have a Helper Base then... i dunno it's just somehow different. I'll need to think more on that, when I'm not so crushed.

I am in a tier 1 helper faction. I go out of my way to help my members, because I truly love each and every one of them. They are my PW family, and we deserve to have a space. My members will travel from one end of the map to the other in order to help a fellow guildie. I know Taka, me and a couple other members have helped out lower level members simply because they needed us.

TW facs are no better than us. We make peace, we help the new, we are there for people who aren't even in our facs. We are the nice ones, and we demand to be shown the same respect as the others. >:( I really don't care if they get better things, we just need a place to belong.
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lrn2read.

40 vs 40 isn't even in the game yet.

Sir you made me stand up and clap my hands.

that blows man.
    that quote was meant for the one above you
  • Takayu_kun - Heavens Tear
    Takayu_kun - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    All right.
    Lesson learned.
    Don't feed the trolls.
  • Hl/ - Harshlands35
    Hl/ - Harshlands35 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Gee, I wonder when a GM is going to come down from their pedistal and explain the ENTIRE concept of Guild Bases to us, instead of having us guess about it for 43 pages?

*HINT HINT*
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Gee, I wonder when a GM is going to come down from their pedistal and explain the ENTIRE concept of Guild Bases to us, instead of having us guess about it for 43 pages?

*HINT HINT*

Never.

Or were you not here when Nirvana first came around and it was the players, not the GMs, that had to go and figure out/explain the inner workings of it.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    in what game are gm's the guide writers? i've never played one.

half of the game is figuring things out. for you rejects who whine constantly about people that power level, you shouldn't be begging for guides for brand-new content.

nobody was demanding for guides to do hh when it first came out. nobody was demanding for guides to do cv when it first came out. nobody was demanding about guides to do fw when it came out(they were ******** about the difficultyb:laugh). hell, the last thing i saw people demanding guides over was gv, and that was only pwi players. everyone else knew.

b:byefigure it out yourselves, carebears
  • Hudini - Harshlands
    Hudini - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I loled at helper factions, and then helper factions affording a guild base to begin with, then i loled at rolling a helper faction in a 40v40, after that i did a little more loling just at the idea of how cute your helper factions are, then i continued to lol at how big of a carebear you are.
  • crisisxx12
    crisisxx12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But not to sound like an absolute ***, EVERYONE of you "Helper" faction only read half of the patch notes...

They reset the map so that you Tree hugging pve loving helper guilds do not "actually" need to kill a single person...OMG

So now please shush go farm your subs and warsong, as the 40 v 40 isn't in yet you have time Rush...Procrastination will only cost you more and more
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For smaller/lower lvl (or "helper" factions if you prefer), guild base will be a big expense. It will be financed by a limited number of high lvls there, that will pay all those millions for the others to be able to enjoy a base. Since it's such a big expense, the fact that their base can't be raided yet doesn't matter, the fact that it will be raided does.

To all of you that think pk = being superior or pk = endgame goal or pve = tt90 is more then enough, lol. You're the reason I don't want to join any "tw faction", you got way to much air between the ears. I meet those ppl everyday, and sick tired of how they always boss ppl around, talk about 5 aps which they don't even have. What is pk anyway now : just a who-1-shot-other-1st contest. The 5-yo attitude in pk is lame so I don't bother with it : does that mean I shouldn't try to get good gear? All the wc with "need 4+ aps for vana" "pm aps for fcc 95+" tell me differently.

Now they implement another thing that only the big factions can have (simply cause they will be the only ones in fine to keep it). I don't want to join those narcistic players, that start to teach me how to glitch powerdash -,..,- then start to pm "fail" because to me glitching it is useless -,..,-

Btw to crisisxx12 : reset of the map is to be able to tw without being in 1 of the dominating factions. It's only a matter of time before they get the map back anyway. You're yet another air-head feeling superior cause you like another aspect of the game then those who only pve.
  • prof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    qq
    every time i see one of you carebears whining about pvp, that gieco commercial pops into my head.

"Maybe we should chug on over to mamby pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you, you jack wagon!"

b:laugh
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    every time i see one of you carebears whining about pvp, that gieco commercial pops into my head.

"Maybe we should chug on over to mamby pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you, you jack wagon!"

b:laugh

b:laugh and yet you confirm everything I said. Reminds me of that situation at end of a vana run with another sin :

"pk is about skill blablabla, I'll show you" => duel request => 3 ... 2 ... 1 => 14k VICTORY => "pk is different, charms work there, and I would blablabla"
  • prof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    relevance?

and eh, there's only 2 kinds of duels I like. wr vs. wr(old school axe style, ftw) and mg vs. ep. good stuff
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:laugh and yet you confirm everything I said. Reminds me of that situation at end of a vana run with another sin :

"pk is about skill blablabla, I'll show you" => duel request => 3 ... 2 ... 1 => 14k VICTORY => "pk is different, charms work there, and I would blablabla"
    PK. Skill. Sin.

Three words that should never be used together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • KaiserNeko - Archosaur
    KaiserNeko - Archosaur Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok quit the QQing about this right now.

from my understanding, faction base wars arent even in the chinese versions yet. and the faction base if u did your homework if geared towards the faction working as a whole to get hte gear in the base for faction members and also there are special things about the base that makes it worth while. for example with a lvl 4 apothocary wing, u get to spend 24k coins on basically sutra power orbs that dont drop in pk. people who dont want to do PvP, thats a crying shame because thats all this game is now. if u play this game for the PvE action then u arent a high lvl guild and cant farm the warsong emblems to make the base in the first place. and TBH if u cannot farm them urself and must go buy all of them... u dont have any buisness having a base.

b:chuckle i dont mind carebears at all. but ur playing the wrong game, and or the wrong class. since all of pk is a bunch of sins sitting outside of west...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you flail
  • siriusblack999
    siriusblack999 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No one even knows how much damage one guild can do yet.

Yet they all make it out as if one guild were to ever attack them and they lose the war they instantly lose everything.

i know this is a TERRIBLY old post

but

the PWpedia has an image saying a guild base can have at some point *UP TO* 150 hp
    which means even my level 30 sin would one-hit it
    AND it says that if your guild base's HP reaches zero, it will be decommisioned, otherwise known as destroyed, and you'd get none of the mats you put into it back

also:
    crisisxx12 wrote: »
    But not to sound like an absolute ***, EVERYONE of you "Helper" faction only read half of the patch notes...

They reset the map so that you Tree hugging pve loving helper guilds do not "actually" need to kill a single person...OMG

So now please shush go farm your subs and warsong, as the 40 v 40 isn't in yet you have time Rush...Procrastination will only cost you more and more
    in case you didn't read the patch notes
    the 40v40 IS "in", and it's the TW map that was reset, the FB wars are completely seperate from that
    ok quit the QQing about this right now.

from my understanding, faction base wars arent even in the chinese versions yet. and the faction base if u did your homework if geared towards the faction working as a whole to get hte gear in the base for faction members and also there are special things about the base that makes it worth while. for example with a lvl 4 apothocary wing, u get to spend 24k coins on basically sutra power orbs that dont drop in pk. people who dont want to do PvP, thats a crying shame because thats all this game is now. if u play this game for the PvE action then u arent a high lvl guild and cant farm the warsong emblems to make the base in the first place. and TBH if u cannot farm them urself and must go buy all of them... u dont have any buisness having a base.

b:chuckle i dont mind carebears at all. but ur playing the wrong game, and or the wrong class. since all of pk is a bunch of sins sitting outside of west...

i did do my homework, and i was under the impression that faction bases were aimed towards working together and letting your guild/guild base grow, however, the faction base wars are aimed towards any guild being able to make you lose all that hard work in 2 hours twice a week, which is guaranteed to work in the first guild base wars since you've never had the time to get your guild base over even 1k health, and no chance that you'll have made it any stronger

basically you spend 200 mill, 500 chips, 500 emblems and 2000 subs only to get your base destroyed at the first FB war because your FB doesn't have any defenses and only 150 hp or so, maybe 300 if your lucky(btw, was there ever an answer to how fast the hp increases/decreases?)

also, "if you cannot farm them yourself" meaning your entire guild should be over level 100 or they're not worth the faction base? because warsong emblems are only farmable at level 100+
    that's what most of this topic is about, people want the faction base as both a meeting point and a way of bringing the guild together, not for being destroyed in 2 days

here's the image i referred to earlier:

Faction_status.png

how exactly do you expect us to defend our guild base at 5 AM(because a fair part of our guild is european) with it being destroyed in 1 hit?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the PWpedia has an image saying a guild base can have at some point *UP TO* 150 hp
    AND it says that if your guild base's HP reaches zero, it will be decommisioned, otherwise known as destroyed, and you'd get none of the mats you put into it back
    I think you're kind of assuming that 1 player HP = 1 base HP. I'd be willing to bet good money that it's a heck of a lot harder to reduce base HP than it is player HP, otherwise any level 10 that attacks a base when nobody's home could kick it over in a single whack.

Besides, if it's not implemented yet, they may still be working on the mechanics, so the HP could suddenly become 15 million max, if they decided that it made things work better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i know this is a TERRIBLY old post

but

also:

in case you didn't read the patch notes
    the 40v40 IS "in", and it's the TW map that was reset, the FB wars are completely seperate from that

i did do my homework, and i was under the impression that faction bases were aimed towards working together and letting your guild/guild base grow, however, the faction base wars are aimed towards any guild being able to make you lose all that hard work in 2 hours twice a week, which is guaranteed to work in the first guild base wars since you've never had the time to get your guild base over even 1k health, and no chance that you'll have made it any stronger

basically you spend 200 mill, 500 chips, 500 emblems and 2000 subs only to get your base destroyed at the first FB war because your FB doesn't have any defenses and only 150 hp or so, maybe 300 if your lucky(btw, was there ever an answer to how fast the hp increases/decreases?)

also, "if you cannot farm them yourself" meaning your entire guild should be over level 100 or they're not worth the faction base? because warsong emblems are only farmable at level 100+
    that's what most of this topic is about, people want the faction base as both a meeting point and a way of bringing the guild together, not for being destroyed in 2 days

here's the image i referred to earlier:

Faction_status.png

how exactly do you expect us to defend our guild base at 5 AM(because a fair part of our guild is european) with it being destroyed in 1 hit?
    40 vs 40 isn't even implemented yet........

*gasp* something that is actually designed at endgame players? Protip: Not everything in this game is meant to be used by every single players, some things actually are designed for high level players.

Also, you don't have to be 100+ to farm warsong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The hp should be 400 million (b:thanks)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wonder when we're getting a GM response to this.

...because if there isn't an explanation about all this BS with GBs, what's the point in even going in and farming all that ****?

No, there were no guides for HH, TW, ect when the game first started. But THEY DON'T COST OVER 400MILLION COINS.

It would be like investing in a computer company, and you not knowing jack sh*t about computers, and then losing all your money because you did no prior research in the field you invested in.
    Playing this game properly requires either research, OR facerolling your keyboard with your mother's wallet....and some of us have the brain capacity to do the former rather than the latter. Heads up: That's why the Wiki is there--> Researching your class before you roll a toon you hate. Getting information on a quest when the log is unspecific. Finding out how to TW BEFORE you get rolled.

Point made. The newer guilds would like (and need, because this ISN'T HH where you can just run in, twitch some mobs to death, and come out all rich n' sht,) a guide or at the VERY LEAST, a GM response explaining this Guild Base business.
    After all, you guys advertised it to be SO WONDERFUL before expansion, obviously you should know how they work before you implemented them into the game....right?

....Right? b:surrender

To all of you "obvious non-carebears" quit trolling. If you're so bloody pro, where's YOUR base? Mmmmm?
    ....And where are the mods to warn you about your ban?
    7. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

^^If I remember right, it has something generally to do with that. Insulting carebear factions sounds like it hits the money.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    alright so i havnt seen it mentioned in this thread yet but how much contribution is needed to increase the faction health by 1.b:thanks
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To all of you "obvious non-carebears" quit trolling. If you're so bloody pro, where's YOUR base? Mmmmm?

It's currently approaching level 7. U jelly?
  • Hl/ - Harshlands38
    Hl/ - Harshlands38 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's currently approaching level 7. U jelly?

I spy with MY little eye....a hyper'd Seeker.
    The only thing that could possibly make me laugh harder...is if you've already picked your cultivation path without prior knowledge of the 100 skills, like a majority of the Hyper'd people who simply assume that Mystics are going sage and Seekers are going demon.

You've got no room to be talking **** about Carebears....considering you're NOT on a PvP server...

Troll harder? b:question
    It would be like investing in a computer company, and you not knowing jack sh*t about computers, and then losing all your money because you did no prior research in the field you invested in.
    Playing this game properly requires either research, OR facerolling your keyboard with your mother's wallet....and some of us have the brain capacity to do the former rather than the latter. Heads up: That's why the Wiki is there--> Researching your class before you roll a toon you hate. Getting information on a quest when the log is unspecific. Finding out how to TW BEFORE you get rolled.

Point made. The newer guilds would like (and need, because this ISN'T HH where you can just run in, twitch some mobs to death, and come out all rich n' sht,) a guide or at the VERY LEAST, a GM response explaining this Guild Base business.
    After all, you guys advertised it to be SO WONDERFUL before expansion, obviously you should know how they work before you implemented them into the game....right?

+12
    where have you been all my life? b:dirty
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am in complete amazement that this thread is still going. Interesting to say the least.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I spy with MY little eye....a hyper'd Seeker.
    The only thing that could possibly make me laugh harder...is if you've already picked your cultivation path without prior knowledge of the 100 skills, like a majority of the Hyper'd people who simply assume that Mystics are going sage and Seekers are going demon.

You've got no room to be talking **** about Carebears....considering you're NOT on a PvP server...

Troll harder? b:question

+12
    where have you been all my life? b:dirty
    You're just jealous because either you don't have the means to powerlevel, or you're too stupid to figure out how to play a class without months and months of grinding.

is if you've already picked your cultivation path without prior knowledge of the 100 skills

Cultivation path has no impact on level 100 skills, moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    _Petal_, we never got a guide for the wedding ceremony, either, and that costs a fair bit of coin, if you go all out like some people I know. So...seriously, don't except a guide by gms. I'm not being trying to be rude, just blunt - at the most we MIGHT get some clarifications about something...-maybe-. But a full, in depth guide? Highly, HIGHLY doubtful.

Which sucks.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't care about a guide for guild bases. I enjoy figuring games out. I also enjoy watching ppl QQ about not having guides. b:chuckle

Not having any GM confirmation as to what IS and what IS NOT implemented at this time however... thats bunk acid. It's almost like they don't know the answer...

b:fatb
This discussion has been closed.