RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Options

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they r redoing the full TW system apparently in the new expansion instance and all so TW may come back :(( i miss it QQ

Boat > Sailed

Damage > Done

Playerbase > Gone

Nothing they can do now will bring back a majority of the players that quit.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they r redoing the full TW system apparently in the new expansion instance and all so TW may come back :(( i miss it QQ

Thing is now the only players that exist now are either Rank 8 or non-Rank 8.

TW won't be the same even whether there is a new system or not. There is low to no competition with all the Rank 8 people fighting with non-rank 8 people. Yes, maybe there will be TW and people will still fight. Question is: Will people still enjoy it? Hmm...let's leave to be answered when the new expansion comes out and see for ourselves, shall we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,
    In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.

Still waiting frankie, update's over no normal sticky or new info on updates as usual that come with such.... assumes we wont get info

Further assumes it wont be info that hasnt already been told :P
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gee, I'm glad I left.

As if it wasn't bad enough with the consistant pack sales either making you an "interval" or "non-interval" the state of the game is about to fly to "Rank 8/9" or "Not rank 8/9"

Even people who used to defend PWE's every move with this game have turned around and asked you what the **** you're playing at, and all you can say is games evolve? Frankie, go read a dictionary. Compare "evolve" to "devolve" and read them twice over.

You'll find that with this sale, the game's doing the second one.

GG. Glad I suddenly remembered this game existed and came to check the forums, this has to be the biggest laugh I've had in ages. I miss browsing the forums and chatting to everybody, but all I see is more and more people realising how unbalanced this game is and more people realising it's actually worth more (and costs less) in the long run to play a P2P game.

-thumbs up-

Also, may I just say...

I feel sorry for all of you TT99 people or those of you who bound your Nirvana gears thinking the later ranks were really quite a long way away. You just got screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is nothing absolute in a game, ever. As the GM states, things evolve.

The price adjusted temporarily, same as the refining orbs do, the marriage books and virtually everything sold in the cash shop is open for potential 'blue light sales'.

Maybe expect the unexpected?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.

THANK YOU - for dispelling numerours doubts about *The Game Being Dead*....... sigh

This is exactly, what I had in mind - the fact that obtaining Rank 9 even WITH this sale = a whopping 2500+ US dollars (if Cash Shopped), without this sale, you can very well imagine how much it'd cost, it was simply next to impossible to get it, as aforementioned. yes, PWI is evolving, three cheers for PWI! b:pleased
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWI will even out the classes make it fun but also dangerous b:chuckle
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWI will even out the classes make it fun but also dangerous b:chuckle

Funny Lutirica, didn't you say that about the Tideborn?

....Oh wait..... >.>

Like I've said in about a million other topics, there is nothing logical about this sale at all. Further shafting the playerbase like this (free to play and paying alike) makes me wonder how some of us still sit down to play the game anymore. And with a new expansion RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, you're going to **** off half your playerbase?

Only one thing makes sense as far as this sale and that is:

Players pay for endgame gear for the price of a crappy used car, and PWE once again gets more money to pocket up.

And for those of you defending the sales, let's think about this-- why so many sales in a row now? The newest patches have been nothing BUT sales. It certainly isn't because those sales are working, because if they were, there would be FEWER OF THEM. (either that, or PWE is far more greedy than anybody could have thought.)
    It certainly isn't because PWE is running out of money, because they had enough money to make an ENTIRELY NEW GAME with better graphics and game mechanics. (Forsaken World.)

Any loss of money would be in stocks, and THAT is simply because everybody knows what is going on here-- Not a whole lot of people are interested in buying stocks in a company whos playerbase would like to run them over with an army of tanks. (I could say a million worse things, but that's the first that came to my mind.)

Then, of course, there's the issue of the new expansion, which people seem to believe will come and save us. Everybody said the exact same thing about the Rising Tide expansion....I would hate to say I told you so, but I did.
    No expansion, no miracle Assassin-killing-I-can-see-invisible-people classes could possibly save PvP (or even PvE) from this sale. Rank gear being literally gift wrapped for players has ultimately ruined PvP and most aspects of endgame for the majority of the playerbase who either worked for nirvana, or can't afford Rank.

It would be like getting a brand new Mustang (your gear), a really nice Mustang (like Nirvana gear, a Mustang is an old car, but a very nice one), and driving it down the road for a little bit (pwning things with it). It gets dirty, and you go to the Car Wash to get it cleaned again. (A new patch is announced.)
    You give the machine 20 bucks (your time and effort) and are expecting a clean car when you get it from the other side. (The expansion.)

But when you get your car, there's all sorts of dents and scratches in it. (Rank 8/9.)
    When you go and complain to the guy who is standing in the booth (Frankie) he just shrugs his shoulders and blames the machine (Chinese Gaming culture/Developing Team.)

Your Mustang is still dented, and now you have to pay money (more time or actual money) to get those dents buffed out. (Get better gear.)

Whatever the hell it is you're planning to do Frankie, I suggest you do it VERY VERY QUICKLY.

(by the way Marche, I neither faceroll, nor Cash Shop. Weren't/Aren't you a Kylin though? I thought being a Cash Shopper was one of their requirements.... b:chuckle
    Too bad they still can't stick a scratch on Zulu...)
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

The price adjusted temporarily, same as the refining orbs do, the marriage books and virtually everything sold in the cash shop is open for potential 'blue light sales'.

Hmm, it's more like the community expected PWE to **** up the game somehow again, however, what happened was slightly a bit more of destruction to the game than usual.. but some of the community didn't think it'll be this bad, so now they're lolumadbro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

Thanks all.

It is next week now where is what u stated in the above? Should we be surprised ur word was not kept?
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Its more of expect the expected. They have been removing items and making it only possible to buy them in Cash shop then packs since beginning.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It is next week now where is what u stated in the above? Should we be surprised ur word was not kept?

Never fails to disappoint ^^
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Its more of expect the expected. They have been removing items and making it only possible to buy them in Cash shop then packs since beginning.

The only items this applies to is most FC gold weps, as I recall. Everything else is still available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only info that is left to be expressed by the GM's as far as the expansion is concerned that we dont already know is:

A. Proper translations on the EG skills, but honestly, the Beta tester's have already given us enough info to make an educated guess.

B. What the EG's story will be, really the only thing left quazi-unexplained.

C. What's to be confirmed as a nerf, but again we've all done the research, and seen screenies from the other servers, can likely make a guess from that.

D. Release date of Genesis, but again, its pretty easy to make an Educated guess on that as well when you see the CN's client patch number and compare it to our own.

CN's current patch last given info was 564 ours is 448. Likely going to see EG update in a months time, unless they decide to force the newest patch on us sooner, which, is likely.

E. The last thing we dont know is how frankie's gonna make it "Fun"
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not surpriced at all lol..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    (by the way Marche, I neither faceroll, nor Cash Shop. Weren't/Aren't you a Kylin though? I thought being a Cash Shopper was one of their requirements.... b:chuckle too bad they still can't stick a scratch on Zulu...)

after having you post about me being a cash shopper i had the sudden urge to find out who you are so i trolled the forums after reading some of your posts i must say you are ****in ****....

and wouldn't that be a contradiction you said u used to cash shop and yet just now u said u dont/never have? o.O

and last but NOT LEAST if u really think im still in kylin that just goes to show how ****ing moronic you really are LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i have been in Zulu since the beginning of the summer before you open try and take a shot o.o

now on the topic of the rest of your post if you havent read frankies first post please do read once twice or however many times it takes for the PWE logic of the rep sale to sink in to that small mana sharded Psy mind of yours..... perhaps then you will understand why they did it o.o though i wont hold my breath seeing as how you still dont know how Attack and Def lvl work asa Pys.....
  • Innamorata - Harshlands
    Innamorata - Harshlands Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have a question..
    After Dec 29 will the reputation badges remain on sale and if so for how much? Twice the price or what?
  • PinkaIicious - Harshlands
    PinkaIicious - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Some people need to get over themselves and stop throwing big tantrums. The game evolves, there are sales...
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Some people need to get over themselves and stop throwing big tantrums. The game evolves, there are sales...

more like deteriorates lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Deadwake - Dreamweaver
    Deadwake - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This had to have beeen one of the worst ideas this game has ever had and for the worst of reasons. If I'd known this would happen, I wouldn't have bothered farming / buying my nirvana armor or starting to farm and save to g15 my axes. This destroyed any balance, I know a rank 8 (now rank 9) wiz that could already pwn almost anything in pvp (the only real fun thing left in this game) and with all +6 or better refines and a +10 wep they are unstoppable. A rank 9 Wiz or BM will be unstoppable in pvp. This is just insane. I'll stick around till after the expansion to see if some thing that makes rank 9 look like a joke come out, but I doubt it, no balance in this game now. Hey, why don't they just throw warsoul weapons in the CS for say 200 gold? maybe 300 gold? Hell, for what beings charged for rank 9, how bout 15 gold for a warsoul weapon? Sad when you see a +5 rank bow and it makes a +10 lunar bow look like a joke. This is just insanity through and through. Maybe I'll go to WoW, $60 usd buys a year of playing and all your gear is farmable and GMs and Devs atleast give a **** about the players. After the expansion, I'll decide if I'll keep playing PW.
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This had to have beeen one of the worst ideas this game has ever had and for the worst of reasons. If I'd known this would happen, I wouldn't have bothered farming / buying my nirvana armor or starting to farm and save to g15 my axes. This destroyed any balance, I know a rank 8 (now rank 9) wiz that could already pwn almost anything in pvp (the only real fun thing left in this game) and with all +6 or better refines and a +10 wep they are unstoppable. A rank 9 Wiz or BM will be unstoppable in pvp. This is just insane. I'll stick around till after the expansion to see if some thing that makes rank 9 look like a joke come out, but I doubt it, no balance in this game now. Hey, why don't they just throw warsoul weapons in the CS for say 200 gold? maybe 300 gold? Hell, for what beings charged for rank 9, how bout 15 gold for a warsoul weapon? Sad when you see a +5 rank bow and it makes a +10 lunar bow look like a joke. This is just insanity through and through. Maybe I'll go to WoW, $60 usd buys a year of playing and all your gear is farmable and GMs and Devs atleast give a **** about the players. After the expansion, I'll decide if I'll keep playing PW.

TT90 works fine on a PvE server at lvl100 so dun worry :D
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gee, I'm glad I left.

As if it wasn't bad enough with the consistant pack sales either making you an "interval" or "non-interval" the state of the game is about to fly to "Rank 8/9" or "Not rank 8/9"

Even people who used to defend PWE's every move with this game have turned around and asked you what the **** you're playing at, and all you can say is games evolve? Frankie, go read a dictionary. Compare "evolve" to "devolve" and read them twice over.

You'll find that with this sale, the game's doing the second one.

GG. Glad I suddenly remembered this game existed and came to check the forums, this has to be the biggest laugh I've had in ages. I miss browsing the forums and chatting to everybody, but all I see is more and more people realising how unbalanced this game is and more people realising it's actually worth more (and costs less) in the long run to play a P2P game.

-thumbs up-

Also, may I just say...

I feel sorry for all of you TT99 people or those of you who bound your Nirvana gears thinking the later ranks were really quite a long way away. You just got screwed.

I agree every word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

+1

....and for all those keeping up the *The Game is Dead* rant, here are some words of wisdom for them, said by someone wise:

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

~ Maya Angelou

Nothing more needs to be explained, believe in it.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes pwi is only 3 years old it has a life span of about 10 years or so before things slow down.
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes pwi is only 3 years old it has a life span of about 10 years or so before things slow down.

its only 2 years 3months and few days old :P
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes pwi is only 3 years old it has a life span

there we go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This was somewhat sneakily de-stickied.

Bump! b:victory
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TT90 works fine on a PvE server at lvl100 so dun worry :D

quite a useless quote as he's talking about PvP, pro reading skills you got there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited December 2010
    Options
    quite a useless quote as he's talking about PvP, pro reading skills you got there.

im drunk i rly dun care :D..pvp or not if u are on PvE server u dont have to pk u can run naked :P
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im drunk i rly dun care :D..pvp or not if u are on PvE server u dont have to pk u can run naked :P

cool story bro,
    drunk or not, you cant be that stupid to have still not realized that people are complaining about end game pvp, not pve, fail troll is fail b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
This discussion has been closed.