Proposition 4236 (Auto pk on PvE servers at 90+)

Comments

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Instead of rolling in one of the 5 carebear servers (lol on the 5 to 2 prop..) join a PvP server.

Although i get it.. Pve to 100 then QQ about lack of fun.

1. Agreed

2. Cheat to 100, then QQ about lack of competition, get it straight, no one can get to 40 in a day unless they are playing a long time with higher lvls helping them or using $$$. Playing the game itself takes a lot longer than doing CSs, BHs, hypering, oracling to 100 and more challenging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Because a lot of these people actually care-beared their way to level 90 before becoming uber geared. I bet you most will whine and cry had they started on a pvp server.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I agree on what you say. People are mad because there is no PvP on PvE server... Okay they didnt formulate their sentences like this. But why going on a PvE server when you like a lot PvP? I like being able to choose between PvE or PvP server.
    I agree. Time to roll on LC/HL if you wanna be involved in PVP, especially minus the "option" at a certain level. It's pointless spending so much cash on a PVE server then wanting to change the entire server to non-optional PVP at a certain level.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I know many players on PvE servers are feeling a sense of extreme stagnation in their day to day gameplay. A majority of these players find their only remaining pleasure in the game to be TW due to the variation of experience within the weekly "event." So, I'd like to propose this suggestion to the GMs and Developers:

Automatic PK mode on login for PvE servers at level 90+.

Don't assume that this is a PvP requirement for these players, it it intended as more of an initial status that is removable after a period of requirement is fulfilled each login.

Simply put, each player over level 90 logging into a PvE server will instantly be in Pk mode for a minimum of 1 hour. After that initial hour, if no status of infamy is gained by killing non-fighting white named players, the player can revert to non-pk mode.

Benefits for the players:

Your daily sense of stagnation is reduced as a new highly dynamic aspect of gameplay is added rather than the addition of events and instances which are highly repetitive gameplay aspects that add to the fun for a short period and then add to the stagnation.

Players that actually have the drive to TW will be forced to improve their pvp skills during this hour if they don't just opt to shop or wander around safezones improving the overall TW gameplay and experience.

A larger pool of pk enabled players will be available to pull from for the regular pkers for larger scale pk battles.

Player etiquete will be increased as has been experienced by the pk servers.

Benefits for the company:

Less player loss due to experiential stagnation.
    Fewer high paying customers will "get bored and move on."
    Players over level 90 will have a higher tendency to spend money due to "fear of gear loss."

Didnt read all 17 pages so this might have been said before

Umm or people could just turn on PK once they log in? b:surrender

Which would not require any sort of modification to be done on anyone's side. If, as per what you say, people are bored with just pve, they could very well be in pk mode all day long should they wish it.

This has nothing to do with the server config as such, its just that youre so called "pvp-oriented" people are too low on pve servers.....for obvious reasons b:laugh
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I haven't died from another player at all as a white name b:surrender

still:
    prepared to die, died: ok
    prepared to die, and didn't die: wasted the preparation but it's ok
    didnt prepare to die, didnt die: ok
    didnt prepare to die, died: OMG MY WARSOUL

b:laugh
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dont like the idea at all. I am the biggest Carebear out and proud of it. Dont even turn on PK button. If your bored at 90+ go make another char on Pvp server if you wanna pk that much.
  • Mattknight - Heavens Tear
    Mattknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You're lucky you can PK at all on a PVE server, I for one don't even think PK should even be allowed on a PVE server hence the name.

So stop being greedy and be thankful you can atleast PK in some areas.

P.S. Oh yeah, if this is a suggestion shouldn't this be in that forum and not in the general discussion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    okay proposition 4326 is down can you close the thread please?
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sethh wrote: »

People who choose to play on a PvE server want to play in PvE? What a surprise!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sethh wrote: »

yeah took him that many tries and this is the best idea he could come up with? b:chuckle
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    to the op: you can as well join a PVP server, haha these noobs demanding more pvp in a pve make me laugh, just cuz you are so scared of the PVP server dont demand it in PVE server lmao b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    to the op: you can as well join a PVP server, haha these noobs demanding more pvp in a pve make me laugh, just cuz you are so scared of the PVP server dont demand it in PVE server lmao b:bye

you make it sound like rolling on a pvp server and leveling back to 101 is an easy thing to do. I do agree the OP's motives are questionable, but "QQ reroll on a pvp server nub" is not the answer
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you make it sound like rolling on a pvp server and leveling back to 101 is an easy thing to do. I do agree the OP's motives are questionable, but "QQ reroll on a pvp server nub" is not the answer

Yes it is the answer. b:bye
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    na he should roll a pvp server b:bye

Apparently someone is looking for some fresh meat.

Also, it appears this thread's poll is very decisive...we do NOT want forced PvP on PvE servers...even for only an hour past 90. It just doesn't make sense to force a whole portion of the population to stay in a city (what, you want even more lag than before???) so that they don't get killed while in PK simply because they leveled to 90+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    People who choose to play on a PvE server want to play in PvE? What a surprise!

Who could have ever predicted this outcome! b:puzzled
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Apparently someone is looking for some fresh meat.

Also, it appears this thread's poll is very decisive...we do NOT want forced PvP on PvE servers...even for only an hour past 90. It just doesn't make sense to force a whole portion of the population to stay in a city (what, you want even more lag than before???) so that they don't get killed while in PK simply because they leveled to 90+.

You have a point right there people at 90+ would most likely get rpked by godly geared 100+ people and it will end up with people QQing on the forums saying "Why are we forced into PvP on a PvE server?" so, I think its just not necessary to have something like this added in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wow...the OP must've been bored...but for my two cents - not interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    he is just afraid all his investment will we wasted what a shame.
    do we even want a pve player wanabe pvper in lost city wait i heard there are many ppl interesyed in pking him and looking for his lv30+ new lost city altb:pleased welcome 2 ur own doom pve player we welcome new bloodb:pleased
  • lightdragon999
    lightdragon999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    beyond stupid.....thats wht the pk button is for and hmm wht are they called....on the tip of my tounge.....oh PVP SEVERS
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Y'know, PK from sage vs demon not a bad idea. b:bye Then again, people won't attack each other unless if it is ganking anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Staylina - Dreamweaver
    Staylina - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure how forcing PvP at 90+ would cure boredom. Most players 80+ sit in instances all day anyways.~
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Or create a "server-stash" (ok 15 gold if necessary) or let players decide about which server they choose (might open the box of pandora). Or let the servers top 80 TW against each other (maybe not possible techically) once in a while to make pvp activity more attractive.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Most stupid proposition ever.

If you are bored in your PvE server, join a PvP server.

Most people who joined a PvE server joined it for a reason : to avoid PvP stupidity.

And for those who wanrt to PvP, there is an option on a PvE server ; the little PvP enabling button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    OP

<sorry - tried deleting this post but it won't go :/ Get a message that says 'no thread specified' o.O >
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    OP’s original idea isn’t a good one imo – theres already the means to go PVP on PVE servers if so desired after all - but it lead me to think of something similar ……PVE servers allow optional PVP for those who want it so why not have optional PVE on PVP servers?

I don’t mean permanently like on PVE servers but only for one hour out of every six maybe …. Then those that don’t want to join the kiddies kill-fest after LVL 30 can just opt out occasionally when they want to get on with a quest in peace and quiet. It’d just be like a short-term SZ wherever you wanted.

It’d hopefully reduce the opportunities for the high-level RPK crazies too and perhaps they’d actually have to do what they should be doing – fighting with other PVPers closer to their level, instead of splatting low-level white-names that don’t give a damn about PVP.

Obviously if a PVPer suddenly saw the light and wanted to go PVE there’d have to be forfeits like no kills in the last X amount of days or whatever to qualify. This would also prevent PKers going PVE just to escape a KOS etc.

I’m not a PVP fan obviously, but each to their own I guess. However, it has always seemed strange to me that the white-name PVE majority in PVP servers should kowtow to the ever-expanding e-peens of the red-name minority. This would at least redress the balance a little bit.
  • Traik - Raging Tide
    Traik - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Even though it's been said before i'll reinforce it a bit. If we wanted forced PVP we'd play on a PVP server. Gear has nothing to do with my choice of whether or not to PVP. If i feel like it, i'll turn it on. When i'm tired of it, i'll turn it off. Freedom to choose is amazing. Believe it or not some people don't really care for PK.

As far as waiting an hour that's ridiculous. Suppose you just logged onto vent, but not quite in game yet and some people were killing a boss that you needed you'd either have to miss the boss or take a chance getting pk'd on the way. Nah
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Given how broken PVP is in favor of the people who spend ungodly amounts of time/money on this game? Stupidest idea ever.

But then, I'm one of those weird people who actually likes to go grinding every now and then - like old-school 1v1 grinding, even at my level. Now, call me crazy but I'd rather not be ganked mid-fight by some sin in full 5.0/Nirvana gear so he can prance around pretending like my cheap *** was any sort of challenge.

Title of this thread should've been "QQ I'm bored because I hyperleveled to 80 like two days after Rising Tide was released and now nobody wants to get ganked by meeeee"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Juggalobeast - Harshlands
    Juggalobeast - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm on a PVE Server for a reason. O.o; For PVE. I don't like PVP very much at all. I am gald that there is an option for PVP at all on a PVE server. IJS, be happy when what you got!

Well you can be pve on a pvp server you got a choice to be what you want only pros are for pvp honestly pve venos are good to have they cna farm tt easy n not bytch about it PVP SERVER your always white name after lv 30 if you happen to kill another player you turn red name and have a chance to drop non bound gear dont cry about it you can choose if your pve or pvp i vote yes afte r90+ on pve server you got the choice to pvp only thign si your white name
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."

"Life is the curse. Sleep is the remission. Death is the cure."//
    two red roses sitting on my coffin, the wind blows, leaving only one
    the world i know disappears...like the setting sun/
    ■Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see The pain someone feels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I vote forced pk at lvl 100 and to lose exp in pk and drop below your level until something like lvl 90 where forced pk turns off again.
    If lvl 100+ players are bored, maybe we should enable them to lose it all... That would be challenging
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I know many players on PvE servers are feeling a sense of extreme stagnation in their day to day gameplay. A majority of these players find their only remaining pleasure in the game to be TW due to the variation of experience within the weekly "event." So, I'd like to propose this suggestion to the GMs and Developers:

Automatic PK mode on login for PvE servers at level 90+.

Don't assume that this is a PvP requirement for these players, it it intended as more of an initial status that is removable after a period of requirement is fulfilled each login.

Simply put, each player over level 90 logging into a PvE server will instantly be in Pk mode for a minimum of 1 hour. After that initial hour, if no status of infamy is gained by killing non-fighting white named players, the player can revert to non-pk mode.

Benefits for the players:

Your daily sense of stagnation is reduced as a new highly dynamic aspect of gameplay is added rather than the addition of events and instances which are highly repetitive gameplay aspects that add to the fun for a short period and then add to the stagnation.

Players that actually have the drive to TW will be forced to improve their pvp skills during this hour if they don't just opt to shop or wander around safezones improving the overall TW gameplay and experience.

A larger pool of pk enabled players will be available to pull from for the regular pkers for larger scale pk battles.

Player etiquete will be increased as has been experienced by the pk servers.

Benefits for the company:

Less player loss due to experiential stagnation.
    Fewer high paying customers will "get bored and move on."
    Players over level 90 will have a higher tendency to spend money due to "fear of gear loss."

This is so stupid. So this means that if I don't want to die, I would have to log in an hour earlier and wait it out inside a town? If people want to PK, they can hit a button and go PK...