Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    After seeing the 3D model structure . . .
    Just me or the developer going to revamp every class model in genesis expansion ?
    Make them smoother like Tideborns (and i hope also finishing TB customization) and every class then can equip dagger and orbs ??
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wow first slow musical score for the game I actually like featured on that site. If it's actually incorporated, I might turn music on in game.

Also, looks like an HA claymore/broadsword wielding class and an AA wand (maybe staff for those hopefulls) wielding class.

Obvious assumptions based on limited available information:

HA class=Seeker (they always mention the melee class of each race first)
    Sword will of course be slower attack than current swords if that's the only sword-type he wields.
    Paladin-type suggestions may be correct regarding this class, however if those are correct the non-class specific healing skills that have been mentioned may refer to a healing-melee class rather than a second healing type arcane class in which case Clerics may become obsolete for 5.0 farm groups as they're usually the member with lowest survivability.

AA class=Mystic
    May return to the pre-psychic arcane mold of any magic weapon as in the image it's wielding a wand-like weapon and it would be kinda silly/redundant to incorporate two wand bases into game.
    Multiple possibilities for this class's aspect of magic exist.
    Several referenced official posts have made mention of healing skills, so, if those aren't all incorporated into the Seeker class they may also be connected to the Mystic.
    Primary damage will of course be earth spells, as directly evidenced by the Wizard and the Psychic, earth spells are less directly affected by magic resistances, and if a piece of gear is missing a single resistance, over 50% of the time it's missing earth resistance.
    Based on the lore that's been presented so far, if the Mystic is not a healer class, it will be a difference making booster class, either case may result in the replacement of clerics in 5aps squads, or if not replacement, a valid alternative.

Armors worn suggest new armoring instance within the game structure, though they may simply be the equivalent of the Tideborns noobie armor.

If both classes turn out to be healing/booster types, I'm absolutely clueless as to what one I'll be trying out, probably the HA/seeker based on the assumption of it's potential usefulness.

If however the Mystic turns out to be a similar-to-FW-Bard-aoe-party-booster, dependant upon the potential survivability of the class, I find that one tempting as well.

Too many choices! Too much uncertainty! PAAAANIIIIIICC! b:shocked

Sidenote: Can you bring back the nien event or make some new twice a day equivalent of it with transferable boxes to open so we can power through the first 60 or so levels of the new race? b:laugh
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:shocked I promise myself, I will not mess with Mystics. >.< Wand-Club over head.

O.O Imma be a seeker.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only important question is, can Seekers hit 5.0?

Unless their weapons are special and not regular swords/blades, probably not gonna happen b:cry

But that would cause the "Third Eye Packs" to not sell well, so we will see
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ooooh, I love the big beefy armored knightish class. 'bout time there was another heavy class. Light armors are getting used by caster classes too, so it has been the rarest of the armor types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2010
    disappointing. there's a shield model in the source code, i was hoping it was finally being released.

taiako, every class uses heavy.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll be happy if one of these classes has a stealth detection +30 buff.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Very interesting.

I'm glad that the classes look a lot like Humans and Elves, not some strange alien creatures from another dimension or some rock golems. lol They look so pale, when was the last time they got some sun? b:chuckle The Seeker looks like a heavy armor class, maybe they're a melee class with special buffs that aids in their tanking. The Mystics seem to be a nature Druid class, maybe with plant based attacks instead of Veno insect attacks. Anyone notice a subtle butterfly theme in the female's Mystic armor? About the whole Seeker attack rate, try swinging that giant sword like a dagger :P. That little teaser page is fantastic, the piano music is pretty touching. The last expansion was based on the sea, now this one is based on land.

Here it is again btw, for those who havent seen it yet. Enjoy :D

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm

go on this site and try click on 2nd button ;)

Edit: you can preview all classes in 3D view.. INCLUDING the new classes.

o.O anybody notice the classes using tideborn hair? file hax!
    wonder if this means that hair wont be class specific anymore b:dirty

Also a venomancer with a driad pet? interesting.. more pet options?

Edit: I also noticed how small the brilliant plumes seem to be on that archer... o.o

Edit again: I noticed the Venomancers weapon, could it be they are finally going to downsize patakas? or at least the way they hold them? i gotta say one of the reasons i do not use a patakas is because they look so funny.
    I mean in any MMO have i seen an arcane class hold a magic staff weapon the way they do in PWI.
    If this is in fact implemented i will be one happy camper.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    o.O anybody notice the archer with tideborn hair? file hax!
    wonder if this means that hair wont be class specific anymore b:dirty

Also a venomancer with a driad pet? interesting.. more pet options?

It would be a dream come true.
  • Mini_Sausage - Dreamweaver
    Mini_Sausage - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    can someone who knows Chinese to translate
    What exactly is written in selected in the screenshot
    I could be wrong, but something about the release on November 11

904f23c5494a.jpg
    thanks
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    o.o i have a new goal....
    Max interval Seeker b:chuckle
    in Full DoT build muahahaha b:pleased
    lets see maybe I'll make him a LA build
    but if that affects the pottentiol to not be max dmg then I'll go with HA b:dirty

~ Lets play b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    b:chuckle just having enough aps to make him fight like the rest is fine imo. >.> <.< 2 aps
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for your detective work everyone.

Not sure I like how the classes are lookin so far. Look like, a bit more elegant Tideborn, which I hate.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    can someone who knows Chinese to translate
    What exactly is written in selected in the screenshot
    I could be wrong, but something about the release on November 11

904f23c5494a.jpg
    thanks

b:thanks Yeah do I get an early birthday present? b:cute

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

Not sure I like how the classes are lookin so far. Look like, a bit more elegant Tideborn, which I hate.

b:sad Ouch?
  • triple777
    triple777 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    "An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy had foretold the destruction of Perfect World" is it finally going to end i mean like the game heheh, well guess come play some more with new thingys to do, since the other isn't up to par yet.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    triple777 wrote: »
    "An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy had foretold the destruction of Perfect World" is it finally going to end i mean like the game heheh, well guess come play some more with new thingys to do, since the other isn't up to par yet.

.....I don't get it. b:faint
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010

With the upcoming update all of the classes look VERY similar to the tideborns (other than barbs ofc). Only difference being the TB fin ears, elf headwings and the venomancers tail/ears. Looks like this class will have a gem on their foreheads to differentiate them from humans aswell as seemingly pale skin. I also doubt their skin color options will be as extreme as the tideborns.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    Why do Chinese create chars with the ridiculously larger weapons...

compensation maybe?b:laugh
  • mathewdode1
    mathewdode1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    so dose eny one know when the expanion is coming out cos it is killing me just wating LoLb:angry ... ok that was a bit muchb:surrender
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    ._. Not sure about us but, I guess they are getting it Nov. 11 supposedly.

• triple777
    triple777 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    .....I don't get it. b:faint

"An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy had foretold the destruction of Perfect World" lols
    FW, the other not up to par yet
  • Showpsy - Dreamweaver
    Showpsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I discovered you can C&P the chinese text boxes when you click on the 3D images of the classes on the page http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm that was listed earlier. Here's the text and a google translation of the text from the "chest" and "leg" boxes on the 3D images. Forgive me if it was posted somewhere else already.

Seeker:

Original:

掌握着精石之魂的奥秘,可以将各种石质物加以提炼注力于武器之上,并且拥有强悍的群战能力。拥有精石之魂和草木之魄。掌握着自然之力的种族。

Google Translation:

Hold the mystery of the soul of fine stone, you can extract all kinds of stone material to force the arms above the note, and has powerful ability of gang warfare. Soul of a fine stone and vegetation of the soul. Force of Nature holds the race.

My take on it:
    Seems as if this guy uses earth powers to buff himself. The race seems to use wood and earth elements for their magic skills. This guy seems more oriented towards earth. "Gang warfare" sounds interesting...

Mystic:

Original:

同时精通治愈和攻击,并可以在战斗中召唤出式神助战,其可打可加可解状态可通过式神进行控制。是一个复合型职业。拥有精石之魂和草木之魄。掌握着自然之力的种族。

Google Translation:

Proficient in both healing and attack, and can summon in combat-style assist in the work of God, which can be added to solutions of the state play-through God can control. Is a complex job. Soul of a fine stone and vegetation of the soul. Force of Nature holds the race.

My take on it:
    A ranged healer, but with some complexity to it...blend between a cleric and wiz/psy, perhaps? Will we get to summon AI-controlled mobs to help us? If so, this class will seem more like a blend of a cleric, wiz/psy, AND veno (heals of a cleric, attacks of a wiz/psy, and pets of a veno, albeit temporary pets).
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Do I see a likeness to a Summoner class there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showpsy - Dreamweaver
    Showpsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Do I see a likeness to a Summoner class there?

I think a better translation of what I posted is needed first before asking that, but yes, it appears as if it will be able to summon, which I think will be very cool indeed.
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hope the mystic will be something snazzy like a shapeshifter (Not like veno/barb, duh, but with multiple forms and with skills for each form) :o
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'll be happy if one of these classes has a stealth detection +30 buff.

QFT. I'd only try new classes if they can actually naturally counter sins.
  • Senbon - Harshlands
    Senbon - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    mystic all the way
This discussion has been closed.