Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• maniac911
    maniac911 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    to that guy Aneurysmal, that would be awesome BUT u gotta think about what ur saying. if they make those classes, then what's the point of the others? they would then be useless!!
  • Rav_Remnant - Raging Tide
    Rav_Remnant - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:laugh Actually in the games real life, the tideborn are suppose to be bad trying to take over the rest of the world as a last chance of survival. b:laugh Which makes sense since they are stuck on an island far out in the sea surrounded by lvl 80+ water mobs. xD
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hows the weather up there in your ivory tower of self satisfaction?

Weather is great b:thanks. How is weather where you are?
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    maniac911 wrote: »
    to that guy Aneurysmal, that would be awesome BUT u gotta think about what ur saying. if they make those classes, then what's the point of the others? they would then be useless!!

If you're referring to my heavenly superclasses, it was somewhat a joke, though some pay-only races/classes that are slightly better (not much) would actually be an understandable addition.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So... now they need to extend accounts so we can have 10 chars instead of 8. For those of us that are alt-aholics and like our account stashes. ijs. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Agreed, in RPG there are sometimes a super class. atm I believe them to be the lvl 99+ sin and herc veno. :D

10 char @.@ *in heaven atm please leave a message*
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    no offense guys lol but why fuss over the title of the expansion i get where the title genesis is coming from but we dont have to make a big deal out of it if u get what i mean and again why is everyone complaining about the new race people did the same thing complain complain complain when the tideborn were arriving. Am beginning to feel for pwi lol cause everything they bring people complain non stop why dont we all just take it on the chin and hope for the best. the tide born wasnt such a disaster and its not like they came and EVERYTHING changed so if u get what i mean pls stop complaining guys lol b:thanks
    Yup, you can't win with everyone.

If the new classes are powerful, people will complain that they're making the other classes worthless.

If the new classes aren't as powerful as existing classes, people will complain that they're lame.

If they're somehow perfectly balanced with current classes, people will complain that they're just copies of existing classes or something.

I'm just amused at all of the current complaining, when we have so little information at this point. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yup, you can't win with everyone.

If the new classes are powerful, people will complain that they're making the other classes worthless.

If the new classes aren't as powerful as existing classes, people will complain that they're lame.

If they're somehow perfectly balanced with current classes, people will complain that they're just copies of existing classes or something.

I'm just amused at all of the current complaining, when we have so little information at this point. b:chuckle

Because players always expect the worst out of something.

For example:

Before the TB's came out everyone existed and couldn't wait till the TB's come. Now everyone wish they never came in the first place and now people complain that assassins in particular (not even the Psychics since they are squishy) are overpowered because of there moves and stealthy abilities and to making things worst, people found out how 5aps works and now every assassin and Fist BM has it. Making it very difficult for all the other classes (at high lvls) to kill them (especially squishy classes) in PvP so everyone complains that they are overpowered all because they can't beat them.

I believe its going to be the same with these classes as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • FrigidVenom - Sanctuary
    FrigidVenom - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    After hours of reading chinese and looking through so many off sites here's what i've come up with:

Mystic: basically another cleric type class that is based on more solid heals instead of over time, (ie Iron Heart), and the element preference for attacks is different. Also they seem to have sacrificed some of the buffs for other unique skills i couldn't translate... maybe is buffs other then what we have already or maybe something else who knows. They also seem to have some sort of totem thing giong on but i saw nothing related to it.

Seeker: These guys are a tanker type. They seem to excel in bleed/poison/curses. And the tankability comes from some self buff that dramatically raises both types of defense. They don't have the benefit of tiger form like barbs so hp can't compare... These guys also seem to have some odd totem thing in the background. Maybe totems that do who knows what is to be a racial attribute? Who knows lol. Oh and also seems theiving ability might be valid for those who mentioned earlier. Though it appears not usable on other players.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Be nice if another pet class came in, (a male one even) maybe the "seeker" is one that seeks out the power of elements to, or divine powers to form a minion of power type deal.

And the mystic in most MMOs have been like monks, melee type. if this is the case, monks were bare handed/staff combat masters.....10aps anyone? CSer's paradise b:chuckle
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    After hours of reading chinese and looking through so many off sites here's what i've come up with:

Mystic: basically another cleric type class that is based on more solid heals instead of over time, (ie Iron Heart), and the element preference for attacks is different. Also they seem to have sacrificed some of the buffs for other unique skills i couldn't translate... maybe is buffs other then what we have already or maybe something else who knows. They also seem to have some sort of totem thing going *edited sorry* on but i saw nothing related to it.

Seeker: These guys are a tanker type. They seem to excel in bleed/poison/curses. And the tankability comes from some self buff that dramatically raises both types of defense. They don't have the benefit of tiger form like barbs so hp can't compare... These guys also seem to have some odd totem thing in the background. Maybe totems that do who knows what is to be a racial attribute? Who knows lol. Oh and also seems theiving ability might be valid for those who mentioned earlier. Though it appears not usable on other players.

:D Sweet thieving was correct. Totems ._. I wonder if it's like what I've heard from WoW as AoE Buffs for parties. :\ Somewhat disappointing that Mystic isn't a sword based class. Granted magic swords do sound more befitting.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Somewhat disappointing that Mystic isn't a sword based class. Granted magic swords do sound more befitting.
    lol @ swords in a game ruled by fists and claws
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    lol @ swords in a game ruled by fists and claws

b:laugh b:chuckle From what I heard they are the suckies toons to be. cept for maybe event quest.

edited October 2010
    The seekers i saw were useing swords type weapons... so there's your swords?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    pa~za for swords.

hmm, only thing now is to say you started just now and have 2 post.

I want poof of which you speak.

picture please b:thanks

edited October 2010

Mystic: basically another cleric type class that is based on more solid heals instead of over time, (ie Iron Heart), and the element preference for attacks is different. Also they seem to have sacrificed some of the buffs for other unique skills i couldn't translate... maybe is buffs other then what we have already or maybe something else who knows. They also seem to have some sort of totem thing giong on but i saw nothing related to it.

Wait so i'm going to get replaced?!?! D: Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010

b:sad It seems so, granted thinking about it, wizzies have a full HP recovery magic spell too.

• vristion
    edited October 2010

Unlikely replaced, But complimented in a beneficial way. Most all MMOs have some sort of sub-par healer in it... IE "shamans" "druids" "paladins" "monks"
    edited October 2010
    b:sad It seems so, granted thinking about it, wizzies have a full HP recovery magic spell too.

To think about it, having a extra healing class isn't that bad if they are not as good healers as clerics. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited October 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    Unlikely replaced, But complimented in a beneficial way. Most all MMOs have some sort of sub-par healer in it... IE "shamans" "druids" "paladins" "monks"

Yes, I thought about it I think they won't be as good healers as clerics, (since we are the main healers of the game).

I wonder if they have a rez skill that kills themselves to rez another...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • vristion
    edited October 2010
    Yes, I thought about it I think they won't be as good healers as clerics, (since we are the main healers of the game).

Don't know, a second rezzer would be nice, maybe one that doesn't give as much xp return as ours... I know in some games necros, paladins etc would get rezzes, just not as great as a cleric's
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Would be helpful in the case of the cleric dying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited October 2010
    Would be helpful in the case of the cleric dying...

You read my mind. lol :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Maybe there revive have more toll on there magic. reduce MP to 0 to revive a player.

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Don't know, a second rezzer would be nice, maybe one that doesn't give as much xp return as ours... I know in some games necros, paladins etc would get rezzes, just not as great as a cleric's

Maybe not an exp return penalty, but maybe a HP return penalty... That way they have to be healed quickly. Also, rather than giving their life, maybe 1/2 hp/mp and 1 spark to cast it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
    edited October 2010
    Maybe not an exp return penalty, but maybe a HP return penalty... That way they have to be healed quickly. Also, rather than giving their life, maybe 1/2 hp/mp and 1 spark to cast it.

For the exp return penalty, only clerics will will get rezed first and once again clerics are the only class that gets full exp lost in squads so I think it should give some exp back. (That's if for some odd reason they get some passive skill that allows them to lose less exp when they port to town when they die.)

But I like the 1/2 HP/MP cost or cost 1 spark cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • vristion
    edited October 2010

Add a 15 sec cast time to that, then would be balanced...
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    then would be balanced...

This is PWI you know b:chuckle
  • vristion
    edited October 2010
    This is PWI you know b:chuckle

Doh! thas right...

scratch that, give them demon revive at first culti quest
    edited October 2010

Yes i was kinda thinking that too... Mystic sounds like a wizard with more buffs and more focused into a specific element. Considering the races name i would guess earth elemental affinity...

They have more then one spell for healing tho... so maybe the channeling won't be so bad... or more oomph in the heal amount. Let us hope ^^
This discussion has been closed.