Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I read else where this add-on is suppose to come out for PWI at the end of February. Is this true? I really hope not.b:thanks
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I read else where this add-on is suppose to come out for PWI at the end of February. Is this true? I really hope not.b:thanks

I'm not sure about the exact timing, but it will be released in February.

(I personally hope that it comes out beginning to middle February!)
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the exact timing, but it will be released in February.

(I personally hope that it comes out beginning to middle February!)

Im hoping earing Feb too :D
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well it came out in China on December 8th so I'm predicting February 7th.

(A day early because China is 16 hours ahead of PST (13 hours ahead of EST) so I got to start playing it on the 7th of December.)
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well it came out in China on December 8th so I'm predicting February 7th.

(A day early because China is 16 hours ahead of PST (13 hours ahead of EST) so I got to start playing it on the 7th of December.)

I so hope your right. The more I look at videos and info on the add-on the more I wanna play the new classes. I can say when new content comes out for pwi I seeing a lot of people on(I can deal with the lag.)
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That bunny pet scared the hell out of me... *hides under her desk* It's freeking huge! (for an all-class)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hello guys,

im realy inactive in that game coz ive expected something more that that. ive changed to this server one to see tideborn. what i get is a game based just on hyper, FC, and packs.
    dont understand me wrong, i love this game but the comunity gives me nothing im interested in. no dungeons, no farming, no challange, no guild disciplines (all rpk), no adventures, guilds chats dead and so on. i dont wanna critizize the game, just wanna say i dont expect much for the next expansion. only difference is that now people lvl not assasins on hyper but seeker. and in realy bored of such onesidet comunity, sitting just in snowy village. there are people that maybe feel the same, but its my problem why im not playing much this game.
    So what i wanna knew is is there someone that have the new in-game music of the earthguards?

there was a thread that have the complete ost of the game, and then expand to tideborn ost.
    i dont wanna write it there coz then ur a necro.
    if the comunity maybe dont let me play like in the old days, let me maybe keep the old feelings with the music. i like it but wanna expand, coz that something i expected it will be good. the pw music is nice so i guess the earthguard one is too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nobody's forcing you to hyper FC and open packs. O.o

I didn't touch FC on my Psy until level 84 because I wanted to get my FC quests done, and didn't touch a hyper until 86 because I was getting impatient and wanted my sage chi skill/spark. And I have not opened a single pack that was bought with my own money (my girlfriend occasionally buys around $20-$50 worth and has me help open them cause apparently I have decent luck).

I personally find the game more enjoyable when played F2P. It takes longer to reach endgame (not like there's much endgame content here anyway), and you make a lot more friends along the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • ironmaiden00
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i dont wrote here to desripe players, espacialy on Pve server. i just describe the situation in my case to find a party. i dont use any packs in the game, and dont eaven wanna be forced to lvl up after 80 with hyper. pwi is not the only server ive played but its my opinion of the game. imagine there will be no hyper in the game, imagine no military in cashshop. i guess u will find more people forr TT, Godless valley. u think on pvp server someone wanna do GV? they can delete this dungeon coz who wanna earn exp there? then u can say of corse for heavenbooks - dont make me laugh. if u play on pvp server u wanna have also pvp challange but how if u dont buy stuff from cashshop to win against most people. refining is the one thing but the other if u wanna resist u have to lvl fast, and thats just possible with hyper, or maybe ur a nerd sitting 10 hours minimum in the game daily. and have u eaven finght with someone that wears +12 gears? just some question if u dont buy any stuff from cashshop. i know this is a free to play game, so thats just my opinion and would be not as worse if not as much people will buy this. but manny people does, and its too hard to find a squand. maybe its for u normal to wait such long time, but i know from ms server times it was much easier to find TT squand, gv squand. and its all coz of packs and hyper.
    so dont reply on this, coz like ive said some pages before i move to other games (thx to players that have told me to move maybe to a p2p game) and now waiting for this year a game come out, then rather play a veno here and waist them maybe my time with mystic that seems to be a veno copy. many of my friends move from ms here but then to another mmo, some of them dont eaven start. so noone play this anymore i know best so im not interesting to come back here (maybe look for one hour whats going on but thats all). im just interesting in the music of the earthguards

i wrote the thread to ask after the music otherwise i dont event wanna write here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The music in EG Expansion is wonderful, much better than TB music. I can't upload the tracks right now, but you can listen to the soundtrack here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxq8jEt1sBc.

Although you say you're not around anymore, you took your time to put a fatalist sig to your profile... b:embarrass And I was so happy for not having seen one in a while... b:sweat b:bye b:bye
  • ironmaiden00
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dont understand me wrong. pw is by far the best free mmo. ive played it realy long on europe ms server till its closed. but here its another dimension. before i loose complete the sentiments (maybe i losse here pation too) and before i go insane i better stay out and come just in for some contacts, and to watch eartguards. its ok when people spen money on such games. in that case it happens on ms too, but heres a bit insane. but i dont mean the soundtrack of that guy. i love to see the ingame music. area dungeons music and so on. would be nice if someone have it to post on the ingame music thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So I was down at the PQ area East of the Tideborn City and I saw a seeker in the pit tanking the boss and all the mobs (b:shocked) so I recorded it. The seeker on the ground is 80+ and has cleric, barb, and genie buffs. There is a level 100+ archer luring mobs but is otherwise passive, and a cleric healing the seeker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tatDYI4j_4

I don't know though, I still think I want to play a mystic.
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    *GASP*

A Zhen skill?!

a bit late for the "zhen era", but you get the point>_>"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    A HA zhenner would be pretty epic in RB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2011
    Options
    *GASP*

A Zhen skill?!

a bit late for the "zhen era", but you get the point>_>"

Its their level 59 "2 spark" skill, and in theory you could set up a zhen like that without actually being there which means free exp!
    A HA zhenner would be pretty epic in RB.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lol kinda retro now that we live in the hypers era but I love old timesss b:pleasedb:chuckle
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if only we could go back to the old times where theres no hyper or packs, maybe just 1-3 BHs a day is more then enough i think, if they improved quest exp the game would still be fun i think, but hell, PWE just want cash, go figure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So I was down at the PQ area East of the Tideborn City and I saw a seeker in the pit tanking the boss and all the mobs (b:shocked) so I recorded it. The seeker on the ground is 80+ and has cleric, barb, and genie buffs. There is a level 100+ archer luring mobs but is otherwise passive, and a cleric healing the seeker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tatDYI4j_4

I don't know though, I still think I want to play a mystic.

Wow thats kinda like, classic cool :3
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wonder when we can start starting developments on our server of the new lands.

Kinda like how we discovered the TB lands by mistake. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if a seeker can be a tank ill drop my barb and wait LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That was epic :D The Glory Archer looked neat too.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if a seeker can be a tank ill drop my barb and wait LOL

I said this in the other thread, and I'll say it again. The seeker in the video was being IHed the whole time he was fighting. Just about any similarly-leveled axe BM could do this, which means that, at best, we will have a new secondary tank class.

I'll also restate that I will probably continue to play my barb consistently, with no real interest in playing BM or venomancer-type classes.
  • Suychan - Dreamweaver
    Suychan - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I did some translations for the first skills I got so far for the Mystic class, some translations are kinda weird, but it can give an idea.

"灵光普照" (Emmanuel Shine) Lv. 3
    Like a spring trickling down, recover target HP by 120 plus an addtional 9% base magic attack.

"治疗召唤物" (Treatment of summons) Lv.2
    Recover own pet HP by 100, plus 14% of magic atack.

"落英缤纷" (fallen flowers) Lv.1
    (weird translation)
    Impose a blessing on the goal, when the target will attack recovery in 9 seconds 84 additional base magic attack power 3% life values. Fallen flowers state can exist up to 1 minute.

"碧波护体" (blue body care) Lv.1
    Gives 8% addtional wood, water and physical defense. Lasts for 30 minutes.

"武神现世" (Valkyrie secular) Lv. 2
    Pet Summon (weird translation)
    Call fantasy to help you to combat Fukatsu. Fukatsu to property Attack the main reason. Absorb the energy of this pet with sly, Can charm the soul from the equipment to obtain additional 52% physical defense Royal and improve 17% crit rate for 20 seconds.

Summons to be consumed infuriating release skills, learned the passage of time .Transfer to the summons after infuriating.

"惩罚刺" (Punish thorn) Lv. 1
    Using the natural power of the enemy, summon a punishment of thorns around.
    The main thorn in physical attacks punishment, punishment will result in an explosion stabbed 4 times Physical damage.
    Lasts for for 1 minute.

"青藤绕" (ivy around) Lv. 4
    Dispose of the new green away, dealing 70% base magic attack plus 220.4 wood damage.
    Reduce the target speed by 18%, causing special status【Mastermind curse】which causes target to suffer double damage. Special status lasts for 12 seconds.

"青雾绕" (Green fog around) Lv. 1
    Attacks the target with a green mist around it, dealing 60% base magic damage for 9 seconds, plus 79.7 wood damage.
    The green mist lasts for 45 seconds.

I will try to post some more when I get them, but I hope expansion comes soon to us, so It will be not needed ;)
  • Nanami - Heavens Tear
    Nanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lol true... Perhaps I had to specify that I liked the screens in terms of perspective / scenery / pose, not the anorexic characters. b:surrender
    I have tried to find beautiful presets for EG but they are all freakish... >.>

http://w2i.178.com/list/85388547357.html b:shocked

The only one I kinda like is this one: http://w2i.178.com/201012/87526150866.html

are we allowed to use presets? those must be ini edited!

I hope there will be new tameable pets!
  • Tommynator - Lost City
    Tommynator - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    very funny al this but
    i still dont see a date for the new expansion or am i blind???
    (have'nt read it all zo very good( im lazy))
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    very funny al this but
    i still dont see a date for the new expansion or am i blind???
    (have'nt read it all zo very good( im lazy))

-sigh- Go read the stickied threads. I promise you'll find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    can a seeker tank btw ? i know nothing of the seekers capabilities xD. or are they much like a bm ?

EDIT: disregard this post. i hadnt refreshed and changed page thanks for response
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    can a seeker tank btw ? i know nothing of the seekers capabilities xD. or are they much like a bm ?

Like a BM without fists.

They technically CAN tank, but probably won't hold aggro too well.

Check the vid that was posted at the top of the last page if you want to see for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Like a BM without fists.

They technically CAN tank, but probably won't hold aggro too well.

Check the vid that was posted at the top of the last page if you want to see for yourself.

lol yea i saw that yesterday but i was wondering still xD.

*continues lvling barb he made today*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    are we allowed to use presets? those must be ini edited!

I hope there will be new tameable pets!

We are not, but in PW-CN it's allowed. To be honest it's much better this way, imagine anorexic characters running around everywhere... I'd have nightmares all the time. b:surrenderb:shocked

There are new all-class pets (see a few pages behind) but I think it's not been confirmed whether they could be veno pets. >.>
This discussion has been closed.