Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i think this was the promotion vid of the new engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPtCwxWxJM

Oh My God . . .
    It's just me or they actually decide to borrow housing idea from the old original p2p version ? ? b:shocked
    Not just guild bases but also these . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the tube vid is more shown for the graficengine. that before was mentioned of the closed beta pw. but the vid have a bad resolution on tube

beter are the screens

http://bbs.world2.wanmei.com/attachments/month_1009/1009151009dd36455aaab24dd1.jpg

http://bbs.world2.wanmei.com/attachments/month_1009/100915100950ec9ef1ab5f61cf.jpg

http://bbs.world2.wanmei.com/attachments/month_1009/1009151009d473903f2b3c8a48.jpg

hope the engine will be updated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It would be sooo much fun if your guild could attack other Guild bases, ofc they should add something for that strong fact (enrage :S) couldn't attack a fact with low lvl char or with few people. Also would be nice that it isn't like TW, every weekend.. maybe like a duel, the leader of the fact declares war to the guild base of another fact and if they accept, both fact have like 30min to get ready if they don't accept, the other fact wins something like gold depending on the amount of members online. Then the fact that lose would get a low amount of gold to repair their base (also it would be nice if you aren't allowed to fly during the war).
    I really hope it would be something like this, it would be so much fun.. since TW against strong fact is really boring.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It would be sooo much fun if your guild could attack other Guild bases, ofc they should add something for that strong fact (enrage :S) couldn't attack a fact with low lvl char or with few people. Also would be nice that it isn't like TW, every weekend.. maybe like a duel, the leader of the fact declares war to the guild base of another fact and if they accept, both fact have like 30min to get ready if they don't accept, the other fact wins something like gold depending on the amount of members online. Then the fact that lose would get a low amount of gold to repair their base (also it would be nice if you aren't allowed to fly during the war).
    I really hope it would be something like this, it would be so much fun.. since TW against strong fact is really boring.

If it is anything like the Guild War they have currently in their Closed Beta game, the other Guild has to accept the challenge first....or even choose to ignore it.

It's fun seeing 'XXX has declared war on XXX guild' (not exact wording) and then 'XXX Guild has declined the challenge from XXX guild'

.... begin much World Chat flaming b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hm youre sure the same game will be run by the updatet grafic engine then the closed beta?
    this will be awsome coz ive seen the pics of it long time ago i guess 2 months ago, and there was the pics of mystic that many thoughts with wings. but in the closed beta was no tideborn.

http://bbs.world2.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1798444&extra=page%3D1

but it would be unbelieve if the grafics will change in that kind. its way better. and this will mean it will be on a standart again of todays games. i like the new engine if it will come out it will be realy awsome.
    so i dont like the flaming of people of epansions. coz a game have to expand to survive. maybe some people will go away but many new players will come. and thats more important to have same number of players, and not to keep old playerbase.
    fix bugs yes of course, but now i think better to implant first update then remove old and new bugs that will come with the update. btw i think it will be waste of time to fix bugs now coz idk how the new engine will work.

I love PWI, i love to see new expansion, and love to see better graphics. then my computer will be used by it. i can run the game at full grafics and its work nice.
    i think now ecatomb have to do new screenshots of bosses, if they are in the new engine

Chekked it with Google translator and it seems that it's just an alternate version of PW... Would be nice if we'd get that kind of graphics in PWI here one day though... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Guild Vs Guild wars

Guild Contributions

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101109/56572.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhicRVNheQOTCpj0TuktAwslHd4WXg

CGI adaption

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101105/56515.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhivbXMGVorgJe9MyQyA4apQvi-Sng

http://my.tv.sohu.com/u/vw/4885126

Wall of Text Alert!

My Personal Take on 2012/Genesis

(NOTE: This is all just MY personal thoughts, some of the below can be taken as fact, as PW has released this info. Unless PW has released the information to the public, it is just hearsay and speculation)

PW uses the Angelica 3D engine, it's own propietry software. It appears to have had an upgrade, evident in the new game they currently have in Closed Beta

I personally feel they are taking Perfect World (the game) and running it through their updated graphics engine, to create a new feel and look for the map and characters.

[edit]Had an afterthought: I believe we have had a 'taster' of this in the tideborn class. The modification to them compared to the other, older classes, is very different, in the character creation screen. Less customisation, and the smoother, more even look to them, and the skin colour problem a lot experienced? I would think the older classes might get to look more like that

Adding to this, two new classes and a story line of '2012' and 'Genesis', it nicely explains the new look and feel.

Other items of interest that could probably be added.

The Guild Wars. Guild versus Guild, at anytime, just challenge that guild! Steal/win some gear/upgrades they have, maybe even their base??

Guild Contribution, work for your guild, the more (better) you do, the more points/upgrades/quests will be available for your guild only

The fact that the gameplay of everyone will influence the direction the server takes insomuch as what quests or even areas will be available

This would bring PW much more into line with their other games (released and unreleased) and give it a much (I think) needed revamp.

Again, I REPEAT. This is all just my interpretation, don't take any of the above as FACT unless you read it on on PW news pages!

@Yuna_Sama
    ive just combine it with this post, coz there was writen that we may get the new engine of the beta game version
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i was going to say... is it just me or did they just change tw completely?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am not going to go through 61 pages to find the answer to this question if its been answered already but...

Where is the info on the Mystics? I can't wait for them!!!

If someone could PM me the info it would be great thanks :)
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nothing on Mystics yet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wow will we have new kind of battlefield sieges b:pleased

Concept art
  • Drakke - Harshlands
    Drakke - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    when is this thing gonna come out I WANT TO PLAY SEEKERS! luv you pwi
  • alextheangel
    alextheangel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/ look here is a video.A really awsome video and if u watch when video is ending u see the release dateb:dirty 8 DECEMBER 2010b:shutup
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's the release date in China, not for PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    maybe we'll be lucky and PWE gives it to us as a christmas present :D
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's the release date in China, not for PWI.

^This^

But, I do find it interesting that the video is in English with Chinese subs. Has PWI exceeded PW-CN in player count? Which then leads to the question: will we get it at the same time?
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^This^

But, I do find it interesting that the video is in English with Chinese subs. Has PWI exceeded PW-CN in player count? Which then leads to the question: will we get it at the same time?

f we bug the gms more we will get it sooner b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • _Arrovv_ - Raging Tide
    _Arrovv_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Release it at the same time b:pleased
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^This^

I actually wondered myself why it was in english, and not chinese as usual, but I really doubt we exceed CN's playercount tho.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    On popular demand frankieraye get's tied up and is forced to spit out every bit of info he/she has about the Mystics... b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    actually we're supposed to get it before china b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Rofl.

So, that was the full video of the little teaser they gave us last week. Pretty spiffy. Mystic looks so...sleek. <3
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Damn so I'm a bit late but hell, the theme song for the Earthguards (or is the theme song for the expansion) is sung by JJ Lin?? That's too awesome, was not expecting his face to pop up when I watched the video. He's an exceptional artist, ahhh =D

Indeed, that's him!! The singer of Always Online, I almost received an **** when I saw him lol. b:pleasedb:cute Totally shocked but pleased at the same time, to see one of the best artists ever sing the soundtrack of my favourite game!! b:thanksb:thanks
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Indeed, that's him!! The singer of Always Online, I almost received an **** when I saw him lol. b:pleasedb:cute Totally shocked but pleased at the same time, to see one of the best artists ever sing the soundtrack of my favourite game!!

Zomg i Og'd in my pants like FIVE times when i saw your fav artist sing pwi...b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
    edited November 2010
    On popular demand frankieraye get's tied up and is forced to spit out every bit of info he/she has about the Mystics... b:sin

I like to meet popular now, he has great influence to PWE. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Erm... lol trolling fails. xD b:laugh
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    FINALLY the trailer. I was just about to rant because it's already the 11th. b:chuckle

I think the mystic looks fabulous. ._.

"Yet even the dimmest glow can nurture a great hope." Hmmmmmmmm. b:shutup

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101110/56659.shtml
  • RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide
    RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    FINALLY the trailer. I was just about to rant because it's already the 11th. b:chuckle

Second to last picture is beautiful. T^T

Love glyphs :P
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

Ratsael RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
    edited November 2010

Nice
    Wish PWI post it soon on news or someone post it on youtube, since somehow wanmei site seem stop buffering the video after half or a bit more duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide
    RaveR_mnant - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah the Mystic looked awesome. o.o Tho why show the orb moving though-out most of the video. Shouldn't it be on the Mystics Staff? xD
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

Ratsael RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
This discussion has been closed.