Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Annyone knows enough Chinese to check if the Chinese site updated the Mystic info already? Since their timezone is ahead of ours... I don't wanna wait another whole day... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i hope one thing. that the area music is awsome like the existing music in pw, coz i dont like the titlesong

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE5OTg5MDQ4.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theochan - Raging Tide
    Theochan - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Damn so I'm a bit late but hell, the theme song for the Earthguards (or is the theme song for the expansion) is sung by JJ Lin?? That's too awesome, was not expecting his face to pop up when I watched the video. He's an exceptional artist, ahhh =D
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A new video from CN =D

Soooo OP, they can AoE petrify b:shocked

Olivassin

PS: concept art-like, so i guess they won't have AoE petrify : P, but i like the song, even though i can't understand nothing >:3
  • SecretGem - Heavens Tear
    SecretGem - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A new video from CN =D

Olivassin

PS: concept art-like, so i guess they won't have AoE petrify : P, but i like the song, even though i can't understand nothing >:3

that vid sucked lol. Yeah pretty song i guess but where the b:shutupb:shutupis the game!!!!!!
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A new video from CN =D

I saw it! he did some epic dance-kung-fu stuff and everyone turned to stone.
    Also looks like mystics don't do anything but stand around and look pretty.
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    On the vid at abour :35, I think I saw the Dr Who intro theme O.o
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    that vid sucked lol. Yeah pretty song i guess but where the b:shutupb:shutupis the game!!!!!!

This is what I said! XD

And yeah, Mystic - stand around, look pretty, and occasionally fall down so the pretty men can help them up. =O
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Healladiin - Harshlands
    Healladiin - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    this is no video about the expansion..........this is someone's music video I think.b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wtb more mystic info..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
    edited November 2010
    okay it is about the expo, but where are Wraiths? If pwi turns resident evil style maybe that would be okay, but I would miss the monsters cuz the monsters look kool.
    edited November 2010
    wtb more mystic info..

AREN'T WE ALL AFTER seeing that mystic?
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    AREN'T WE ALL AFTER seeing that mystic?

not all alot of people want to see teh seeker...= barb+ bm enough said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wtb more mystic info..

Info on the mystic will most likely be up tonight, if they're following a pattern, maybe even more than that. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Pennince - Lost City
    Pennince - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm curious what the Guild Bases and new TW layout will bring =)
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I'm curious what the Guild Bases and new TW layout will bring =)

wait what o.O guild basses explain noa!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wait what o.O guild basses explain noa!

All that was said in one of the official expansion posts was that we would get guild bases. Hence why people want more information on it. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    All that was said in one of the official expansion posts was that we would get guild bases. Hence why people want more information on it. lol
    what are guild bases?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    what are guild bases?

Bases for the guild.
    b:chuckle

I'm assuming they will be areas exclusive to the faction that you're in, probably for level 3s only. Just some little instance, not sure what purpose it will serve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • fushii
    fushii Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    what are guild bases?

I would think they would be bases in each of the places owned by certain guilds, from which they obtain in territory wars.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So I don't know if this is new information or not, but it would be nice to have it translated. Also, if you click on the second button from the left, you can see a render of the male seeker and female mystic.

Link

Note that the website uses really slow flash, so it takes awhile depending on your internet.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
    edited November 2010
    So I don't know if this is new information or not, but it would be nice to have it translated. Also, if you click on the second button from the left, you can see a render of the male seeker and female mystic.

Link

Note that the website uses really slow flash, so it takes awhile depending on your internet.

I already saw that earlier today yeah... Too bad google can't translate flash... b:surrender But it looks nice so far... Nice intro with nice surroundings... And some pretty backgroundmusic... And afcourse you get to see a basic model of the characters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I still haven't found more info since the last time, but i am hope the expansion will borrow something new to change the current playing style.(the bases, mechanic, diplomacy, etc)
    Especially after expansion age of five aps, it change so many things.

Now i am confused on what to play (have all class on decent lv) since what i see all the time is " LF > 5 aps " in world chat. Barbarian even throw away their axe, hammer, even their bow to become 5 aps. Magical DD now most of the time only use full at TW. (i can't join TW because various reasons) And i heard in instances after lv 100+ cleric isn't even needed in 5 aps squad. b:shocked

But i don't want to just following majority to become 5 aps . . .
    hope b:surrender

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    cleric + veno + sin 4ever >:[ though imma try seeker too o.o been lvling my sin and its fun having a cleric on my side all the time b:pleased
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Guild Vs Guild wars

Guild Contributions

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101109/56572.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhicRVNheQOTCpj0TuktAwslHd4WXg

CGI adaption

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101105/56515.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhivbXMGVorgJe9MyQyA4apQvi-Sng

http://my.tv.sohu.com/u/vw/4885126

Wall of Text Alert!

My Personal Take on 2012/Genesis

(NOTE: This is all just MY personal thoughts, some of the below can be taken as fact, as PW has released this info. Unless PW has released the information to the public, it is just hearsay and speculation)

PW uses the Angelica 3D engine, it's own propietry software. It appears to have had an upgrade, evident in the new game they currently have in Closed Beta

I personally feel they are taking Perfect World (the game) and running it through their updated graphics engine, to create a new feel and look for the map and characters.

[edit]Had an afterthought: I believe we have had a 'taster' of this in the tideborn class. The modification to them compared to the other, older classes, is very different, in the character creation screen. Less customisation, and the smoother, more even look to them, and the skin colour problem a lot experienced? I would think the older classes might get to look more like that

Adding to this, two new classes and a story line of '2012' and 'Genesis', it nicely explains the new look and feel.

Other items of interest that could probably be added.

The Guild Wars. Guild versus Guild, at anytime, just challenge that guild! Steal/win some gear/upgrades they have, maybe even their base??

Guild Contribution, work for your guild, the more (better) you do, the more points/upgrades/quests will be available for your guild only

The fact that the gameplay of everyone will influence the direction the server takes insomuch as what quests or even areas will be available

This would bring PW much more into line with their other games (released and unreleased) and give it a much (I think) needed revamp.

Again, I REPEAT. This is all just my interpretation, don't take any of the above as FACT unless you read it on on PW news pages!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Great... Bin waiting a whole week to find out there's no Mystic info... Why do we only get to see the magic using BM while the Mystic is a lot more interresting... And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one waiting for it... And it's not like we get any questions about it awnsered here... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironmaiden00
    edited November 2010
    hm youre sure the same game will be run by the updatet grafic engine then the closed beta?
    this will be awsome coz ive seen the pics of it long time ago i guess 2 months ago, and there was the pics of mystic that many thoughts with wings. but in the closed beta was no tideborn.

http://bbs.world2.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1798444&extra=page%3D1

but it would be unbelieve if the grafics will change in that kind. its way better. and this will mean it will be on a standart again of todays games. i like the new engine if it will come out it will be realy awsome.
    so i dont like the flaming of people of epansions. coz a game have to expand to survive. maybe some people will go away but many new players will come. and thats more important to have same number of players, and not to keep old playerbase.
    fix bugs yes of course, but now i think better to implant first update then remove old and new bugs that will come with the update. btw i think it will be waste of time to fix bugs now coz idk how the new engine will work.

I love PWI, i love to see new expansion, and love to see better graphics. then my computer will be used by it. i can run the game at full grafics and its work nice.
    i think now ecatomb have to do new screenshots of bosses, if they are in the new engine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And who knows... Maybe a new engine will help to fix some of the issues people have been having...

and yes, I realize this is all conjecture at this point...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I know about angelica engine, since it updates mentioned a lot when FW name is still unknown.
    These make me wonder are the engine used will be higher than what FW used . . b:shocked

That mean PWE central & developer not going betray their first game . . and left it in dust. b:chuckle

or also biggest money maker lol b:laugh

ironmaiden00 nice, there some screenshot there . . seem from the updated engine . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ironmaiden00
    edited November 2010
    i think this was the promotion vid of the new engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPtCwxWxJM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.