Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Options

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    More new screenshots of the New City ('Consonance City ') and surrounding area:

Woo thanks for posting these.

It looks pretty neat... but it looks different than PWI.

If only they'd redo all the cities to have that kind of texture lol
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The images have a cartoony feel to it. Are they trying to attract wow players? b:shocked
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    The images have a cartoony feel to it. Are they trying to attract wow players? b:shocked

It does indeed look more like W o W then good ol' PW.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It does indeed look more like W o W then good ol' PW.

It might be from a different group of developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jian-Ling Jian-one people skills to explore the mystery of
    时间:2010-11-16 文章来源: w2i.wanmei.com Time :2010-11-16 Source: w2i.wanmei.com

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101116/56822.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhg5AARL-zaDC50l59xnyi_2ARyMhQ

More info on Earthseeker Skill (Engrish again >.<, we need a good translator or PWI to release the English versions of this info for us!)
    In "Perfect World 2012", the new Jian-Ling is a good professional group attacking the occupation. Department of Physics and gold they have hurt the skills to strengthen the team through the curse sword fighting, and use Jianqi hurt the enemy, the relentless pursuit of the sword to the sword Jian-Ling attainments reached the limit. In the end the sword skills in the spirit of what hidden mysteries? Now, let us with the skills it Secret Jian-Ling!

Three Sword India

Jian-Ling skills to cast a curse - the sword and India. Jian-Ling acquisition of the three weapons can be printed, printing the sword was King Kong, India cold wave the sword, the sword Fenxin India. India cast the sword Jian-Ling, teammates specific skills will be given five elements buff. Indian Diamond sword with the enemy, the use of gold or physics skills to attack the enemy system damage effects can be additive; enemies with a cold sword of India, the use of wood or water system to attack the enemy crit rate skills can be improved; the enemy with Fenxin sword India, the use of fire or earth spells to attack the enemy can improve the effect of bonus damage and crit rate.

Curse of the three swords
    Jian-Ling has used the power of nature cast buff skills - Sword curse. 。 Jian-Ling Curse of the three weapons can be learned, namely: with God curse the sword, the sword cursed Luhe, nine palaces sword curse. Sword of the Spirit Elements Curse of the form elements to the role of the sword on the weapon, a period of time the properties of enhanced weapons, so as to enhance the combat effectiveness of their own or team. Sancai sword as a weapon to increase spell crit rate, attack rating and defense rating; Hop curse can temporarily improve their sword and his teammates attack rating within 15 meters; Jiugong sword curse can temporarily improve their defensive teammates and 15 meters level.

Combination of fencing

Jian-Ling has a very special skill - jianjue. Jian-Ling can be learned three jianjue were basaltic jianjue, drinking blood jianjue, Pan Long jianjue. After using the jianjue Jian-Ling, a state will increase its own. In this state, the sword of the Spirit will attack the enemy target to increase when the eye of a sword, the sword will be activated the eye to generate additional damage on the enemy and negative state. Basaltic sword eye is activated to set the enemy body, and lower defense rating; drink Xuejian eye is activated to make the enemy unconscious; Pan Dragon Sword eye reduction is activated after the enemy's attack rating and defense rating.

Sword of the eye requires activation of the appropriate skills, breaking wind to activate basaltic Jian Qi Jian eyes, empty drink Xue Jian Jian Jin to activate the eye, everything looks fresh sword to activate the Pan Dragon Sword eyes. Combination of fencing sword charm lies in the eye of different skills required to activate the corresponding, three different jianjue offer different additional effects, Jian-Ling chose freely in battle.

Three jianjue

See above, these powerful skills, you'll like the sword of a powerful spirit. In addition, the sword Jian Qi Ling has mastered a variety of sword skills, strength and other active attacks, "Perfect World 2012," the charm of the new Jian-Ling career more than that, more exciting content, we will gradually for everyone offer, so stay tuned!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jian-Ling Jian-one people skills to explore the mystery of
    时间:2010-11-16 文章来源: w2i.wanmei.com Time :2010-11-16 Source: w2i.wanmei.com

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101116/56822.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhg5AARL-zaDC50l59xnyi_2ARyMhQ

More info on Earthseeker Skill (Engrish again >.<, we need a good translator or PWI to release the English versions of this info for us!)

googles bad at translation ._. : Skill: Uses all real money to..b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    O.O The city is beautiful!! I'm lovin the blue trees!
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I spy with my little eye...

The new game UI skin will be green. Sweet, no more boring brown.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So, so beautiful. @_@ I waaaaaaant...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Warmheart - Archosaur
    Warmheart - Archosaur Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol I thought they made the most op classes possible with Tides,
    I guess not, are seekers gonna have ban-hammers? Just for total OPness?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fail Archer with no bow.
  • Dollface - Harshlands
    Dollface - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jian Qi enemies breaking wind sword attack will activate the eye

^ Hahahahahahahahaahahhahaahahahahahahaahah rofl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Silvy <3
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    G polished stone property master display

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101117/56850.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhj_PkLmFT0DY0cYYBsalNICseigBg

Property master show polished stone G
    2010-11-17  w2i.wanmei.com Time :2010-11-17 Source: w2i.wanmei.com

Upcoming December 8 3D online games on the line pilot domestic masterpiece, "Perfect World 2012", with its innovative game play, exciting game content, has attracted attention of many players. "Perfect World 2012" offers players a variety of production skills, production skills, in-depth study of each will be different after all the fun, while the production skills are also very practical. In "Perfect World 2012", the new production skills, proficient in all aspects of polishing to enhance the player's ability to produce the G master polished stone in the end how the property? Now, let us take a closer look it.

Grinding is an advanced production skills proficiency, more than 60 players to be able to learn. Total is divided into seven polished proficient, respectively, in 60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 99, 100 grade learning. G master can produce polished stone, stone can be used for weapons to be G has some additional properties of time-sensitive results. G stone can add different players with different attributes, the role of the basic properties, physical attacks, magic attacks, the value of life, accuracy, crit rate. By using the G Stone, players will improve in the short period of time corresponding capacity.

G stone property displayed:

G red stone (7)

Additional attributes: physical attack +84
    Duration: 60 minutes

G stone white mist (7)

Additional attributes: magic attack +84

Huang Geng Shen stone (7)

Additional attributes: Health +265

G stone god (7)

Additional attributes: Strength +17

G quick stone (7)

Additional Attributes: Agility +17

G Stone concentration (7)

Additional attributes: spiritual power +17

G sparks stone (7)

Additional attributes: maximum +142 physical attack

Bai Langgeng stone (7)

Additional attributes: maximum +142 magic attack

G stone rock (7)

Additional attributes: Physical Defense +289

G sharp stone (7)

Additional attributes: accuracy +238

Pan G A stone (7)

Additional Attributes: +3 Defense Rating

Jin Ganggeng stone (7)

Additional Attributes: +3 Attack Level

Xuan Yuan Geng stone (7)

Additional Attributes: +2% critical strike rate

Polished proficient as a strong player opens the road to the properties of G to provide stone for the role of capacity building will be a notch, will give players in the battle to bring a lot of surprises. Ready for it? "Perfect World 2012" polished new production skills to help you become a weapon master proficient in!

Can't access any of the Jewelcraftsmen on pwdatabase either atm .... They being updated with new crafting?

Relying on Google translate here, so, make of it what you will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    G polished stone property master display

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101117/56850.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhj_PkLmFT0DY0cYYBsalNICseigBg

Can't access any of the Jewelcraftsmen on pwdatabase either atm .... They being updated with new crafting?

Relying on Google translate here, so, make of it what you will

Edit: Looking closer, this seems to be a new form of crafting for stones that give a buff for a certain duration and has nothing to do with jewelcrafting. I don't see why anyone would want to use them if they only last an hour -.-

However, I would still welcome jewelcrafting as it's own manufacturing skill, but only as long as they overhaul the requirement for crafting the high-level shards. It's insane how long and expensive it would be to create one of those attack level charms from shabby stones. It really needs to be something more reasonable.

Granted, packs made acquiring high-level shards easy, so I can see making jewelcrafting it's own manufacturing skill as a way of controlling the amount of shard crafting, but I would still like to see some sort of change in the shard manufacturing process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Went back to a previous news item from Wanmei:

11-11-2010

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20101111/56690.shtml&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiG9o_VKo6_0S6yIOyKVdEHqzaPBA
    Details of the new production skills

Proficient skills polished new production is divided into a total of seven, respectively, in 60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 99, 100 grade learning. Reach above the level of polish players master the skills to use the corresponding book to improve their skills levels, to produce more advanced G stone. Proficient in the use of raw materials grinding in the game element for the soul of rock and stone, Yuan Shi obtained by dismantling equipment, the task can be the soul stone, to obtain a copy, polished stone proficient in these two different fusion properties of G can produce stone .

Would suggest to me, a new/existing item from dismantling equips will be used to create these new 'G' stones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    G stones...

Gaogaigar? b:shocked
  • XKayla - Archosaur
    XKayla - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    December 8th???? Really?b:laugh
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    December 8th???? Really?b:laugh

>.<

ONLY for the Chinese version - we have had NO DATE given to us yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It would be smart of them to launch the expansion as close to that date as possible because of the playerbase of this game: there are a lot of high school and college age kids that play, and for many, that is close to the time of year where they get a long winter break, which means more time to play and spend money. Releasing it after would be foolish, as people would be busy and there would be less of a profit margin. It is for this reason I think they will catch us up on the patch and release on the same day, or a little bit later.

By the way, does anyone know when the tideborn expansion was released in PW-CN in comparison to ours? That would give some idea of the release time difference.
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea i might be wrong but my bet is probably late January to mid February. It did take them a month or two for them to implement the tidborn expansion for us when that came out. Either way when it comes out i'm making my chars to reserve their names then leaving em be for a few weeks :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the bad thing about a new race is the new city becomes the worst lag area in all of pwi
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the bad thing about a new race is the new city becomes the worst lag area in all of pwi

Just like the TideBorn expansion, but I think will be about a week until the lag dies down since everyone will try to Hyper/Oracle there way to 9x as fast as possible. lol xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _Arrovv_ - Raging Tide
    _Arrovv_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cmon pwi give us some more info here!!

i'm about to pick up an axe and rob a bank to cs this expansion....

JUST FOR YOU
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i wish eatwithspoons and them never left... b:cry
    and... PWI mustn't be makin enough $$$ so support it's members with upto date info/events/etc.
    b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Queequag - Archosaur
    Queequag - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    @ KingThis eatwithspoons never left he was fired this was posted on his official eatwithspoons blog now the Reluctant Realist seeing as how that name is PWI's property

http://thereluctantrealist.tumblr.com/
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hope they bring more info on PW-CN tomorrow about the expansion QQ...

yeah sucks he got fired... any idea why he got fired...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Queequag - Archosaur
    Queequag - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No one knows why he was fired and he posted on his blog that he can never discuss that obviously because PWI had some sort of contract about information with him, he probably was too pushy about issues we had with customer support and the game and that's not what they wanted from the CM. A PWI CM must be a hardass and lay down the law :P
  • lior222
    lior222 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when the update of genesis?
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lior222 wrote: »
    when the update of genesis?

["when?" questions count: overflow]

[answer "[B][COLOR="Red"]WE DON'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE BY NOW[/COLOR][/B]" count: overflow]
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    edit: Note: this is confirmed to be a rumour. The source comes from a player from PW-CN that wanted to suggest this.

google translate:
    Previous planning proposals on the Forum said modified 5.0 with a variety of reasons are not good! Later, after a number of tubes, to discuss management decisions in the Dec. 8, all the updates come out! First, the basic character attributes with no adjustment skills, only adjust the release of Assassin skills BUG pause changes cents per burst did not adjust the magic, two, and equipment to expand the scope of the adjustment of terms, such as equipment must wear a suit more than four homogeneous to activate additional attributes, a single piece of equipment except weapons, will no longer have - offensive lapse with - singing attributes! Network can choose who treasure hunt, the people, there are game currency currency with ingot three options, update xi family day tears equipment and restructuring and increase of rare goblin pets pets, and skills, the opening of three new copy!
    In order to protect the interests of both players, after the birth of new jobs, 5.0 will not make any changes. Meanwhile, in order to maintain professional balance, so that the professional players can be actively involved in the copy of the event, shared copy of the fun, new career out, relevant changes will be as follows.
    The maximum number of teams increased to 10. Ten teams, full-time team is defined as the martial arts, Master, evil, goblins, Yu Ling, Yu Mang, assassin, sorcerer, sword spirit, soul charm complete the top ten professional teams.
    In the evening the temple hall in the cycle, falling objects rate will be subject to change: Item drop rate increased full-time team 250%, part-time team item drop rate reduced by 50%.
    God, no valley, frost covered the city of God Valley, dusk temple, a copy of reincarnation in the hall, etc., all full-time team offensive and defensive rating of 10 additional, task experience and soul bonus increased by 50%.
    City battle scene, full-time team offensive and defensive players of all levels an additional 5.
    Hope that the players have fun.
    So say no change in CH 5.0 5.0 change is disguised not know is now the only 8-Jun operator if the operator why the original suit you wear Qi have not seen this if the three attributes plus a hat to wear clothes, army jacket 8 CK be 5.0 or later, if not, there's over tongue

My interpretation:
    -> In order to keep player interests, 5.0 cap on atk speed won't get nerfed.
    But! to balance the things:
    1. Teams will be for up to 10 players.
    2. Full-rainbow squads (on TT?) [made of 1 by each class] will have drop rate increased to 250%. BUT!!!! non-full-rainbow squads will be reduced by 50%.
    3. Some dungeons (including TT, Rebirth, FF, etc) with full-rainbow squads will have atk and defense lvl +10, and EXP and spirit +50%
    4. ???
    5. ???

source

Now start discussion: this was a rumour thread from CN, or he got that info officially? : O
This discussion has been closed.