Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mob Count Fixed...Where is mah Cookie? b:cute

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9839392&postcount=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *gives chocolate cookie with coconut cream* =o
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *gives chocolate cookie with coconut cream* =o

b:thanksb:cute

More explanation would be nice but....I will take the mob count issue and be happy that it was looked at and seemly corrected. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, now 3-2 and especially 3-3 are still impossible for their intended levels and geared players.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, now 3-2 and especially 3-3 are still impossible for their intended levels and geared players.....

^ This is what I meant by explanation. Which mob counts did they fix. 3-1 I am SURE...but does this mob counter issue apply to the others?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ This is what I meant by explanation. Which mob counts did they fix. 3-1 I am SURE...but does this mob counter issue apply to the others?

It's very well possible.

Of course it didn't just say 'fixed issue in 3-1', so it might be across all of Act III.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's very well possible.

Of course it didn't just say 'fixed issue in 3-1', so it might be across all of Act III.

Yup...I am happy...everyone should be. Players tested and there seem to be a fix.

We will see b:thanksb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Options
    Yup...I am happy...everyone should be. Players tested and there seem to be a fix.

We will see b:thanksb:cute

Yeah *keeps fingers crossed*

3-3 now is doable, but it isn't really farmable. I want my farming instance back. b:surrender

I can't stand being inside Nirvana anymore.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not to burst anyone's bubble but the user interface did display how many mobs where killed for the kill quest so why is that under there if it was a bug IN the quest. I'm starting to get scared at which quests that pertains too.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not to burst anyone's bubble but the user interface did display how many mobs where killed for the kill quest so why is that under there if it was a bug IN the quest. I'm starting to get scared at which quests that pertains too.

I think it is more in the registering of the kill count displayed...I would assume.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think it is more in the registering of the kill count displayed...I would assume.

mine still said 50+ and that's the only thing I can think of when it comes to user interface. User interface has nothing to do with a bug in the quest. b:shocked
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mine still said 50+ and that's the only thing I can think of when it comes to user interface. User interface has nothing to do with a bug in the quest. b:shocked

No no...

Ok...say it says you killed the 30 you needed...however, the bosses only register you as having killed 23.

^ That's what I mean in registering it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No no...

Ok...say it says you killed the 30 you needed...however, the bosses only register you as having killed 23.

^ That's what I mean in registering it.

Any mob you kill in there should count towards the quest. If it now displays 23 instead of 30 then that means some mobs don't count towards the quest which makes no sense. And if it was only counting 23 and it's now fixed to actually be 30 then that's not user interface since the user interface was showing the correct total in the first place so it would have to be a fix in some other area.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited August 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't make any sense any mob you kill in there should count. If that's the case and it now displays 23 instead of 30 that means some mobs don't count in there towards it now. Either way ti doesn't make sense.

Look at it this way, the kill counter itself was working. The trigger to keep the bosses in 'normal' mode did not activate, so the bosses remained in 'frenzy' mode.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't make any sense any mob you kill in there should count. If that's the case and it now displays 23 instead of 30 that means some mobs don't count in there towards it now. Either way ti doesn't make sense.

OK....

Here is the fix:
    Fixed an issue with monster quest kill counters not counting correctly.

It has nothing to do with the display...it is in the boss recognizing that you actually did kill the 30 versus it thinking you only killed 23.

Dunno if I can say it better b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Look at it this way, the kill counter itself was working. The trigger to keep the bosses in 'normal' mode did not activate, so the bosses remained in 'frenzy' mode.

Exactly, so it's a fix in the trigger which isn't the user interface. I hope they weren't talking about a different quest. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Hayuka - Heavens Tear
    Hayuka - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is it possible now, after they fixed the mob counter to do 3-1 with a lvl 90 squad?b:surrender
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:thanksb:cute

More explanation would be nice but....I will take the mob count issue and be happy that it was looked at and seemly corrected. :)

What happened with the timer being removed? Did that idea get abandoned because people because of the reaction on the forum? Personally, I thought it was a good thing even though it wouldn't really have fixed the main problem.

And second, as I mentioned before, how bad does your patch testing have to be before you don't even notice that the bosses were still insane after killing enough mobs?
  • FluffyAngel - Dreamweaver
    FluffyAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Patch or not, He's still crazy with aoe's. I'm not sure what the devs have fixed cause to me the boss still seems almost impossible to beat with a lvl85-90 group.

I just tested it and he still does the following: aoe debuff, aoe physical dmg and pdef debuff (down to 0 for most classes), seal and random aggro. Out of BB he 1 shot my 97 cleric for 8.8k. (mobs killed before boss: 21).

I'm not saying he's impossible to kill but with an equivalent group he's not easy and honestly to me he's still pretty much the same as before today's patch.

GM's if you read this. With all due respect I suggest the boss's amount of skills is reduced. A group of it's same level will probably be stressed trying to beat it. As much as a game should be fun and challenging at the same time, This boss in it's current state is just too overpowered for an equivalent level group.

As a side note for those who still have to get their TT90 chest piece, I suggest you buy the GBA's right now before the prices rise anymore (currently at 800k+ on dreamweaver).

That's all I guess....
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So the change effects 3-1 only or? Hows the boss acting dif?

Did 3-3, didn't notice any difference. Maybe wasn't paying attention much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So the change effects 3-1 only or? Hows the boss acting dif?

Did 3-3, didn't notice any difference. Maybe wasn't paying attention much.

The Biggest "problem" is showd iin 3-1
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Shiotsuki - Dreamweaver
    Shiotsuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think if the want to make it harder just add another difficulty lvl to the piller instead of just med/hard add an extra like extreme or somthin that req more subs to open and a min req lvl of like 100. anyway that my opinion.

Thats a good point.

Just remember it's a free game, and theoretically ppl in each TT level range should be able to farm for their gear without using cash shop itens, since its a "free game".

And sure, we have a certain lack of Player Skill in this game, so the minimum requirement to do anything is to at least know how to play your class and do it well.

And sure, changes and new and harder challenges are always good for the game not to become boring and obsolete for high level players, but just dont make an instance way more difficult than its suppose to be.

I agree with what TheForsaken said, if you want to make a current instance more challenging, just add a new level of difficult for ppl to choose in the pillars, so players that are in that instance level range dont suffer with that change. It's so easy!

And let's not forget how bugged always new releases are...they just don't do any tests before releasing anything, they blind trust the Chinese devs...lolz
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Trust me thet 3-1 beast boss didn't get off my **** till I died... my lowest refine is +5 my highest is +9...

+5 gear is not hard to do with mirages and tisha... even poorest player can achieve that. Any lvl 100 squad should be able to complete that unless they have been spoiled to death with being able to afk and macro or hypered all the way to 100 and didn't learn anything... These words about hypers have never been uttered from my mouth before. But LOL I see what everyone is talking about. I hope they change it so the bosses are lvl appropriate..

This made me chuckle... cause it made me remember when I would die so much in lower lvls and be pissed off.

Yet there is quite rare players, non-barbs, that are running even with +5 armors. That is the state of Archosaur, I actually can name maybe 10 AAs on whole server who got full TT99 with refines +5 or more, some of those prolly quit already. So on Archosaur the problem of no GBAs is just ridiculous, some "dream team" collected from best geared players on server was pretty much required to do him here. But meh, I need to try him again today, just to see how he is w/o constant frenzy mode as patch notes said they fixed the kill count.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everything is pretty much speculation till the instance is run...however, it would be nice to have some more clarification on what they meant in the patch notes.

Hopefully it is not something that has nothing to do with the 3-x's (mainly 3-1) b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i really dont get that thinking

it fixed 3-x by making mats valuable again (green was trash, some golds were worth 1/2 chip price =O

99 gear became too common imo - you can be more 'proud' if u farm it now ( i didnt find any point in ToS that guarantee u 99 gold gear at end game =.=

it also will make pve lifespan bit longer

3-3 was embarassingly easy (i could duo it on 90s with 4k ish hp wtf o0

sure, farming gold mats is pain now, but u should be able to just chip it with money earned on green mats if you dont feel too patient

they could leave 3-1 alone tho.. or make bosses bit easier

anywayz
    end game pve was bad joke where any hypered claw user was on top of wealth piramid, barbs were jobless, ranged DDs didnt exist and venos were inv to squad only by their bfs, party leaders.

now b:shutup wait some time and then judge this patch
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We were testing 3-1(2x barbs, 1 cleric & 1 veno) few mins ago, only 1 cleric though, but but =/. Beast is easy for the first 5mins(He got all the kewl **** but it`s still quite easy[Just cancel dmg aoe]) or so, after that he goes into some sort of frenzy, oneshotted my squad(I had turtle on). There was clear change on attack pattern when he did that, so either you need to kill him under ~5mins or play with 2 clerics, though that will be charm **** for DDs. All in all, beast is doable, but I`d still say it`s way too hard considering the levels 3-1 was intended. We were also thinking about hp % to affect his patterns, but other squad got him on ~2M when he did that, we only had me attacking(other barb kept me buffed) so he went in frenzy with quite a lot hp. That would suggest that his patterns are affected by time, not hp % like on some other bosses.

Steelation on other hand, he is just horrible. Goes 5aps, when you run, he spams skill that thits ~4k to me, not too bad, not sure if it was aoe, got too freaked out with losing hp fast as hell to keep eye on squad. 3-1 is still just absurd considering lvls it was intended... I think Steelation hit me for 200-300 trough turtle when he went 5aps, I`d say that quite absurd. Sure kiting, etc make that boss doable, I just ran when everything went wrong and took boss with me for others to escape =). If I went to play with steelation again, I would prolly be able to learn a lot more, all I can say, he is not affected by counter fix at all.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, anyone has news on 3-x? Did this patch change something or not ("Fixed an issue with monster quest kill counters not counting correctly.")?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ("Fixed an issue with monster quest kill counters not counting correctly.")?

That is what many are trying to figure out...as in what does that apply too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That is what many are trying to figure out...as in what does that apply too...

Could you be nice and go test some HH? =) Go rose go go
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Could you be nice and go test some HH? =) Go rose go go

When I get off work later today...sure b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.