A happy night for some

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Soon the new TW rules will change TW dynamics forever. Enjoy your glory while it lasts, it will soon fade and large guilds are about to melt like butter in a saucepan.

b:chuckle

I do wonder how many of those rads will actually be able to afford charm or will they be only slightly more useful then those TW chi sticks.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Bless them sticks, they make TW oh so fun b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I do wonder how many of those rads will actually be able to afford charm or will they be only slightly more useful then those TW chi sticks.

According to the following thread found in the General Discussion of this forum New TW pay system, one of the consequence will be that the market will be more balanced with general prices going down, including charms.

Among the changes:

- TW winning guild will NOT be rewarded with coins (10 mils, etc) but rather with mirages;

- a rank 9 item/gear will be randomly sent to any of the winning guild leaders;

- bidding will be kept secret;

- TW times will be determined by attacking guilds.

This TW business is actually run by greed, and most large factions' members are there not out of loyalty but by greed. All this is about to change.

As for myself, I have never been part of Rad although it is my favourite guild. I've founded my own (Feathers) over a year ago, intending to train FAC's who were tired of being pocket-slaves. But now, with the advent of the new race (TB) and me having reached a level where it doesn't really matter, Feathers will become more open and will accept most everyone who wants to train, help others and do fun stuff together.

This change in TW rules, IMO, will make PWI much more interesting.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    According to the following thread found in the General Discussion of this forum New TW pay system, one of the consequence will be that the market will be more balanced with general prices going down, including charms.

Among the changes:

- TW winning guild will NOT be rewarded with coins (10 mils, etc) but rather with mirages;

- a rank 9 item/gear will be randomly sent to any of the winning guild leaders;

- bidding will be kept secret;

- TW times will be determined by attacking guilds.

This TW business is actually run by greed, and most large factions' members are there not out of loyalty but by greed. All this is about to change.

As for myself, I have never been part of Rad although it is my favourite guild. I've founded my own (Feathers) over a year ago, intending to train FAC's who were tired of being pocket-slaves. But now, with the advent of the new race (TB) and me having reached a level where it doesn't really matter, Feathers will become more open and will accept most everyone who wants to train, help others and do fun stuff together.

This change in TW rules, IMO, will make PWI much more interesting.

I am by no way the richest in enrage... probably somewhere in the middle. And yet my enrage tw pay can only account for 5% of my total income. Do you really think taking 5% away from me will hurt any?
    As you said, rank 9 badges will be randomly rewarded to land owning guilds... and guess who owns the most land? Possibilities is on enrage's side here.
    Who cares if bidding is a secret. Its still 3 attacks per slot. And even in the current system... by bidding at the right time and the right land... its already possible to somewhat coordinate attacks on the same slot.

If no guilds step up now... nothing will change even if they change the tw system. It'll just be top 2, 3, and 4th guild facing the wrong end of enrage's rank 9 weapon.

FYI: during the last 3 hour fight between enrage and rad. rads charm was starting to burn out after 2 hours... and during the last 30 or so minutes of the fight... there is a decent number of charmless one shots running around.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited July 2010
    TW pay still provides charms and gear to the winning guild, whereas lower guilds' members have to pay their own fare.

Motivation for entering TW will be different as well. And a lot more fun :)

Oh, and don't hit me, I'm just spreading the news.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If it makes anyone leave Enrage good riddance. Don't need them around. Everyone other than Tao has so little income it clearly did not matter before so why should it matter now. Cannot say that for long regarding Tao though.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TW pay still provides charms and gear to the winning guild, whereas lower guilds' members have to pay their own fare.

Wrong.. when you are in a TW faction you spend in even fights a lot of pots and charms, attack/defence charms etc. I bet some use around 5-6 million coins or more in one - 3 hour TW. Barbs in particular since they eat charms while pulling catapults.

Even Enrage don't get that much TW pay - but atm they dont have much fights so they get a small chunk of money instead of losing it... If you have ever been in a TW faction with less lands and done a load of TWs you would know that you in the end will lose way more money then you gain... But when you want fun you gotta expect to pay for it, and every TWers do..

If you have like 3-4 lands you get maybe 30-40m.. If you divide that on 80 people and some are used for building towers, catapult scrolls etc and all kinds of random stuff.. you would probably get a TW pay of 400k or so.. Then your repairs are probably 100k+ depending on class, you wasted an entire gold hp charm at least and thats like 1.3m or something, then you wasted tons of pots that you spent 6-7 hours of farming in hell or paid at least 1 million in mats...Thats like 2.5 millions in cost for 1 - TW and you might have 3 long TWs in 1 weekend. So 7.5 million coins used in a weekend means 400k isnt that much, so if you are in a non-TW faction you can save your money on gear in stead of wasting them on pots, charms and repairs every weekend..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010

It sounds like that you really like rad and expect great things from them. Might I suggest that you actually join them and fight against enrage. Instead of making pointless predictions based on little to no actual knowledge of TW. Then you can enjoy the feeling of getting 3 million coins smacked out of you in a 3 hour TW... regardless of the outcome. For all the talking that you have done... its time to grow a backbone and actually do something about it.

edited July 2010
    It sounds like that you really like rad and expect great things from them. Might I suggest that you actually join them and fight against enrage. Instead of making pointless predictions based on little to no actual knowledge of TW. Then you can enjoy the feeling of getting 3 million coins smacked out of you in a 3 hour TW... regardless of the outcome. For all the talking that you have done... its time to grow a backbone and actually do something about it.

Indeed, I like Rad, they were a beacon of honesty and helpfulness from the start, as opposed to other less convivial guilds on HT. They helped me through most of my FB's back when there was no BH, and made sure tabbers got all drops, unlike many other guilds who just couldn't be bothered to hand the drops to the noobs they were helping out.

Rad has always shown respect to everyone they helped, that's why they were appreciated and looked up to. Things seem to have changed in the last few months tho. Funny how the term carebear came to be looked down upon to the point of almost becoming pejorative. Many players decided to change their game styles because of that. Sheeple.

Having said that, I don't intend to join either Rad nor any other guild for the time being. I'm just waiting for the new TW rules to be implemented, so that I can take my own faction to the TW turfs.

I have TW'ed a few times before, in different guilds, and I sure enjoyed it, esp when strategy was involved. Sadly, I only experienced good strategies in one of them, but that was a good lesson.

As for my backbone, it's pretty healthy thank you. I never back away from spending whatever is necessary for a good gaming experience, be it money, time or effort: it's all part of the fun. More fun in store for us now that with the new TW rules, everything will be much cheaper, including charms. So, time to save those hard-earned millions, where we can get more for them :)
    Crafting:
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I don't know why u always love to associate the current rad with the one long ago doing FBs- the only thing in common is the guildname; besides that, it is practically just an entirely new guild under an old name.

About the only person in rad today who was there when charity was leader is pressa... shows you how much it's changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I don't know why u always love to associate the current rad with the one long ago doing FBs- the only thing in common is the guildname; besides that, it is practically just an entirely new guild under an old name.

About the only person in rad today who was there when charity was leader is pressa... shows you how much it's changed.

and who is probably the most loyal person on the server ever
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Indeed, I liked the old Rad, they were a beacon of honesty and helpfulness from the start, as opposed to other less convivial guilds on HT. They helped me through most of my FB's back when there was no BH, and made sure tabbers got all drops, unlike many other guilds who just couldn't be bothered to hand the drops to the noobs they were helping out.

Rad has always shown respect to everyone they helped, that's why they were appreciated and looked up to. Things seem to have changed in the last few months tho. Funny how the term carebear came to be looked down upon to the point of almost becoming pejorative. Many players decided to change their game styles because of that. Sheeple.

Having said that, I don't intend to join either Rad nor any other guild for the time being. I'm just waiting for the new TW rules to be implemented, so that I can take my own faction to the TW turfs.

I have TW'ed a few times before, in different guilds, and I sure enjoyed it, esp when strategy was involved. Sadly, I only experienced good strategies in one of them, but that was a good lesson.

As for my backbone, it's pretty healthy thank you. I never back away from spending whatever is necessary for a good gaming experience, be it money, time or effort: it's all part of the fun. More fun in store for us now that with the new TW rules, everything will be much cheaper, including charms. So, time to save those hard-earned millions, where we can get more for them :)

fixed b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2010

dont forget Szioul and Slamer. Pressa is indeed a hell of a guy.

Rad surely isnt te same guild it was 2years ago or even a year ago for that matter. Times and people change the environment everywhere in this game. It is very difficult to hold true to the principals Rad was built upon at the start but we do still try as much as possible. Today...Im not really sure where the hate we take from some factions, mainly Enrage, comes from though i suspect it might be left over from a previous leadership...i duno really.
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Today...Im not really sure where the hate we take from some factions, mainly Enrage, comes from though i suspect it might be left over from a previous leadership...i duno really.

Enrage hates Rad because of all other guilds, Rad has the best chance at beating them in terms of numbers, geared players, and TW strategy. Just look at the Tao vs. Enrage rivalry a few months ago when Tao was apparently stronger than they are now.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    A guild name is not very important, it's only a name to identify a group of people. It's the members that make the guild.

Of course, a name comes with a certain history and reputation. I wonder how people would think about the guilds enrage and radiance if both guilds swapped guild names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Enrage hates Rad because of all other guilds, Rad has the best chance at beating them in terms of numbers, geared players, and TW strategy. Just look at the Tao vs. Enrage rivalry a few months ago when Tao was apparently stronger than they are now.

Enrage doesnt hate anyone particularly... Enrage hates everyone, so dont feel special b:chuckle

its simple: who is not with us (has Enrage tag above their head!) is against us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Some people in Rad were cool, when I was there a whole week, lol

But I remember old Rad too!

But honestly, the color was ugly as hell. x-x

So look at this as the opportunity to get a better one. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    dont forget Szioul and Slamer. Pressa is indeed a hell of a guy.

Rad surely isnt te same guild it was 2years ago or even a year ago for that matter. Times and people change the environment everywhere in this game. It is very difficult to hold true to the principals Rad was built upon at the start but we do still try as much as possible. Today...Im not really sure where the hate we take from some factions, mainly Enrage, comes from though i suspect it might be left over from a previous leadership...i duno really.

I don't think people hate rad cause of rad's actions. Its the action of that cleric who make people hate rad. The rad that she was refering to was under charity's leadership. And so far you have manage to name 3 people from the old rad thats still in rad. Even though I am not farmilar with enrage's roster... i can easily name double the current enrage members who was in charity's radiance... me, mystic, hate, neky, gale and marin (think i saw him as a base buffer once)... Yes... the leader of enrage was once a radiance base buffer.
    Its really disapointing to see the current radiance not being able to escape the shadows of what we (current enrage) fought and won while we're rad members. What people don't realize is that... the current enrage is more of the old radiance then the current radiance. I really hope the current radiance can establish a name for its on... instead of clinging on to what was won by... what is now... outsiders.

edit: i believe slamer quit pwi during charity's time. and didn't szioul get booted from rad by charity for conduct unbecoming of being radiance (memory might be wrong on this one)?

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Kiyoshi u care way to much about Rad its kinda stalkerish and i like it might even leave my bedroom window open tonight to give u a peep show ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Kiyoshi u care way to much about Rad its kinda stalkerish and i like it might even leave my bedroom window open tonight to give u a peep show ;)

i do care enough to destroy it so no one elas can claim what i built as their own.

edited July 2010
    i do care enough to destroy it so no one elas can claim what i built as their own.

Someone got their panties in a bunch and BS u built Rad up ok everyone knows what built Rad into what it was and it sure as hell wasnt u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Someone got their panties in a bunch and BS u built Rad up ok everyone knows what built Rad into what it was and it sure as hell wasnt u

If it wasn't me... it sure wasn't you. But as long as people still refer to rad as the rad of the old... you can be sure i'll be there to destroy it.

edited July 2010
    LMAO *holds sides* im srry where in gods name did i mention it was me wow dude u r funny lol. Oh god this made my day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    LMAO *holds sides* im srry where in gods name did i mention it was me wow dude u r funny lol. Oh god this made my day

glad that this made your day... my day was made 2 weeks ago when orange disappeared form the map... and will be made again a few weeks from now (depending how rad runs around the map).

edited July 2010
    Lol u make me laugh a lot win or lose lands or no lands Rad will always be around so enjoy it till the day u quit the game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Lol u make me laugh a lot win or lose lands or no lands Rad will always be around so enjoy it till the day u quit the game :)

Start some drama in Rad. b:beatenup

/troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Start some drama in Rad. b:beatenup

/troll

Steal Dan's Pink Feather's then start rumours it was Urban in the Libary with a candlestick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Steal Dan's Pink Feather's then start rumours it was Urban in the Libary with a candlestick.

wait.......how would he...........with a candle stick................do I even want to know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    THey call it a candlestick now a days huh? well urban can take me anywhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    glad that this made your day... my day was made 2 weeks ago when orange disappeared form the map... and will be made again a few weeks from now (depending how rad runs around the map).

wow wiping rad from the map makes your day?
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]