A happy night for some

Options
The_Wall - Heavens Tear
The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Etherblade (West)

In response to a certain cleric that is not in Radiance.

Sunday June 27th 2010 Radiance is off the map. On the map ever since the 4th week of the server. 2nd week of lands actually being owned by factions. The first on the server to own over 50% of the land and income. They took Thousand Streams and Archosaur from the Wraiths and RoC across the map. Known for their dominance by the 2nd month of the server until the creation of Enrage. A long legacy that had its really bright moments in the beginning of our server. Led by less than a half dozen leaders so far so a bit of consistency overall even with all the problems they have had over such a long period of time.

Starting off in the Northwest nearby early Elysium. Gaining land consistently until the battles with RoC where there was an opponent that could actually slow Radiance down. Just before Archosaur was conquered by Radiance from the Wraiths, RoC disbanded and Enrage was formed. Many left Radiance to join Enrage tired of the server dominance. Enrage skyrocketed to power ripped from the soul of both RoC and Radiance. Starting inside the depths of Evolution but eventually taking to fight to Radiance where they took Archosaur in forty-five minutes. From that day on the server knew that Radiance was not the large unstoppable machine everyone thought it was. The kingdom of Radiance was split to pieces with Enrage stretching its arms to all the cities and select lands. This weakened state spawns the faction Caesar and then the faction Tao. The remains of Radiance were eaten up not by Enrage but Tao, Caesar and Triad. Then Enrage was a natural barrier between the rest of the world and the remaining Radiance lands to the north. At this point Enrage was on the hunt for Tao. Tao and Enrage battled for months neglecting even the existence of Radiance. Eventually Tao went from the underdog to the stronger army and was able to take lands from Enrage and eventually Thousand Streams. Tao and Radiance started to talk and had a neutrality agreement. The whole fight stayed on Enrage until they were well under a dozen lands. With Caesar changing direction and fighting Tao Caesar started detraining. Radiance was able to get a step up and defeated Caesar in several battles to create a larger northern kingdom along with the Enrage lands they acquired. With the server being over 15 months old and the game changing more and more the most senior players of the server did an eventual migration to the shattered Enrage. The focus of Enrage was to get back all they lost from Tao. But after all the battles with Enrage consistent domination Tao eventually crumbled more and more. So Tao changed directions and attacked Radiance. Radiance was almost taken off the map until Enrage saved them from obliteration. Down to three lands encompassed by Enrage. Tao seemed terminally ill and just kept hurting more and more to the point of Radiance becoming stronger than them but only Enrage knew. Enrage was in a difficult position being attacked by Tao and Radiance in the same time slot so they gave up the barrier between Tao and Radiance Thousand Wood Ridge to Radiance. Took some time before it was clear but for the first time ever Radiance was defeating Tao. Smashing them back to Windswept Grasslands. Then Enrage intervened once again and split Radiance from Tao just this time protecting Tao from being eaten by Radiance. Radiance kept the fight up against Enrage so they could go down to the southwest of the map again but it was all futile. Enrage taking land to land from Radiance until this weekend with only two lands remaining. Thousand Wood Ridge being attacked by Enrage and Haunted Path by BaXian Radiance did not want to become trapped forever on a little island on the sea of Enrage. There was no resistance to BaXian and BaXian took land for the first time in their history tonight. Not long after 15 minutes 15 seconds after the battle started Enrage took Radiance off the map at their last stand of Thousand Wood Ridge.

Now our server does not see orange on the map any longer. Personally I enjoy that for I dislike the color orange. But I know several in Radiance and Ex-Radiance that are sad about this day. The first superpower. One of the earliest on the map for the server. The faction that has been on the map for the longest consistent period of time is now without a homeland. At the time Enrage was created Radiance meant the strongest. The superpower. Only had delays to their gains but never stopped. A faction where over half strongest players were in at some point. Enrage meant the opposite. Freedom from a one faction rule. Not allowing the server TW die from one owning all. Distribution of military power across the factions. And yes I very much recognize the present map situation irony to this. But that is what happens when there is no faction rising to meet the challenge. Over four months now where Enrage was only stopped by Radiance and Tao fighting in the same time slot and the last time that happened Enrage won anyways. Here is a video and song for those that are happy on this day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6NYswem3as

We shall see if urbanpulse will get banned for losing to BaXian or not. Perhaps Radiance will remain the 2nd strongest military and maybe back at the top. Or collapse and stay off the map from these events. I personally do not think this long legacy has ended as of yet.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by The_Wall - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If Radiance gets back on the map and lands as RoC's pink color I demand we wipe them again.

RAWRZ BRAINZ
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have a feeling that Evo, RoC, and TE are going to make a resurgence of color. Which basically means Enrage is doomed to lose a lot of land.
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

In response to a certain cleric that is not in Radiance.

Sunday June 27th 2010 Radiance is off the map. On the map ever since the 4th week of the server. 2nd week of lands actually being owned by factions. The first on the server to own over 50% of the land and income. They took Thousand Streams and Archosaur from the Wraiths and RoC across the map. Known for their dominance by the 2nd month of the server until the creation of Enrage. A long legacy that had its really bright moments in the beginning of our server. Led by less than a half dozen leaders so far so a bit of consistency overall even with all the problems they have had over such a long period of time.

Starting off in the Northwest nearby early Elysium. Gaining land consistently until the battles with RoC where there was an opponent that could actually slow Radiance down. Soon after Archosaur was conquered RoC disbanded and Enrage was formed. Many left Radiance to join Enrage tired of the server dominance. Enrage skyrocketed to power ripped from the soul of both RoC and Radiance. Starting inside the depths of Evolution but eventually taking to fight to Radiance where they took Archosaur in forty-five minutes. From that day on the server knew that Radiance was not the large unstoppable machine everyone thought it was. The kingdom of Radiance was split to pieces with Enrage stretching its arms to all the cities and select lands. This weakened state spawns the faction Caesar and then the faction Tao. The remains of Radiance were eaten up not by Enrage but Tao, Caesar and Triad. Then Enrage was a natural barrier between the rest of the world and the remaining Radiance lands to the north. At this point Enrage was on the hunt for Tao. Tao and Enrage battled for months neglecting even the existence of Radiance. Eventually Tao went from the underdog to the stronger army and was able to take lands from Enrage and eventually Thousand Streams. Tao and Radiance started to talk and had a neutrality agreement. The whole fight stayed on Enrage until they were well under a dozen lands. With Caesar changing direction and fighting Tao Caesar started detraining. Radiance was able to get a step up and defeated Caesar in several battles to create a larger northern kingdom along with the Enrage lands they acquired. With the server being over 15 months old and the game changing more and more the most senior players of the server did an eventual migration to the shattered Enrage. The focus of Enrage was to get back all they lost from Tao. But after all the battles with Enrage consistent domination Tao eventually crumbled more and more. So Tao changed directions and attacked Radiance. Radiance was almost taken off the map until Enrage saved them from obliteration. Down to three lands encompassed by Enrage. Tao seemed terminally ill and just kept hurting more and more to the point of Radiance becoming stronger than them but only Enrage knew. Enrage was in a difficult position being attacked by Tao and Radiance in the same time slot so they gave up the barrier between Tao and Radiance Thousand Wood Ridge to Radiance. Took some time before it was clear but for the first time ever Radiance was defeating Tao. Smashing them back to Windswept Grasslands. Then Enrage intervened once again and split Radiance from Tao just this time protecting Tao from being eaten by Radiance. Radiance kept the fight up against Enrage so they could go down to the southwest of the map again but it was all futile. Enrage taking land to land from Radiance until this weekend with only two lands remaining. Thousand Wood Ridge being attacked by Enrage and Haunted Path by BaXian Radiance did not want to become trapped forever on a little island on the sea of Enrage. There was no resistance to BaXian and BaXian took land for the first time in their history tonight. Not long after 15 minutes 15 seconds after the battle started Enrage took Radiance off the map at their last stand of Thousand Wood Ridge.

Now our server does not see orange on the map any longer. Personally I enjoy that for I dislike the color orange. But I know several in Radiance and Ex-Radiance that are sad about this day. The first superpower. One of the earliest on the map for the server. The faction that has been on the map for the longest consistent period of time is now without a homeland. At the time Enrage was created Radiance meant the strongest. The superpower. Only had delays to their gains but never stopped. A faction where over half strongest players were in at some point. Enrage meant the opposite. Freedom from a one faction rule. Not allowing the server TW die from one owning all. Distribution of military power across the factions. And yes I very much recognize the present map situation irony to this. But that is what happens when there is no faction rising to meet the challenge. Over four months now where Enrage was only stopped by Radiance and Tao fighting in the same time slot and the last time that happened Enrage won anyways. Here is a video and song for those that are happy on this day:

We shall see if urbanpulse will get banned for losing to BaXian or not. Perhaps Radiance will remain the 2nd strongest military and maybe back at the top. Or collapse and stay off the map from these events. I personally do not think this long legacy has ended as of yet.

RAWR! I'm a tiger

I'm pretty sure Enrage was formed before Radiance took Archosaur.

dam long text wall lol .. still reading

edit: that was a great post wall :p, finally Radiance is gone off the map, now I hope they make new guild and start all over on Tao or TE because Radiance will never be the same like it used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I sure hope so. After this weekend I predict that Radiance will go after some other guild, which means we won't get any real TWs for a while, so if someone wants to step up to the plate, feel free to.

Although of the three guilds you mentioned, only TE has any hope of recovering. Evo is a lost carebear cause and Hong probably doesn't even remember his account info to RoC anymore. What's left of RoC on this server is currently in Enrage.
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yep your right Rocky. Brain flutter.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have a feeling that Evo, RoC, and TE are going to make a resurgence of color. Which basically means Enrage is doomed to lose a lot of land.

i thought u dont give a dam about TW due to the OP of the "sad day" topic. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    b:laugh I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what heaven shatter was made out of on a tree. world war craft's a real hero of mine. Wall. Wall would be another person who's a hero. The wall of text he's created over the years, I don't really read to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what people I'm killing? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So much for fun TWs. b:lipcurl

I just wonder if this move will hurt, rather than help them.

They escaped Enrage, Enrage will have boring lame TWs for a while.

Rad will eat up Tao and/or TE and gain some land....but in the end.....will that even matter?

Enrage will just come back. Its not like "being starved of TW" will collapse them....

Either way, the following weeks to come will be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    We shall see if urbanpulse will get banned for losing to BaXian or not.

Why's that? I was more concerned over Ba'Xian killing their own crystal not knowing what to do.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i thought u dont give a dam about TW due to the OP of the "sad day" topic. b:bye

I don't. xD

I just love watching things turn nasty from a single comment, or see a seed of doubt planted into the mind of an individual ^_^

Also, I'm currently sleep deprived so don't mind me <.<
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    3 most common excuses for stupidity/fail:

1) I am lagging
    2) I am sleepy
    3) I am drunk
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Losing the a land on purpose has led to leaders getting banned before. For example I am sure someone would submit a ticket if after repeated times of Tao/Radiance/TheEmpire attacked Enrage at the same time slot and Enrage never sent a defense force to TheEmpire to help prop them up. When it comes to this game you can get banned for just about anything related to TW.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Enrage members can get banned for cat shopping. True story!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    3 most common excuses for stupidity/fail:

1) I am lagging
    2) I am sleepy
    3) I am drunk

Where would you place sleep deprived for a few days @_@?
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Where would you place sleep deprived for a few days @_@?

#2) I am sleepy.

If something kept you up for "a few days" you should either be doing that something, or catching up on the sleep you missed. Very slightly there's a possibility of someone being stupid enough to stay up for "a few days" for absolutely no reason and stalk the forums despite their sleep deprivation, but that doesn't take away from stupidity/fail does it?
    edited June 2010
    Options

If something kept you up for "a few days" you should either be doing that something, or catching up on the sleep you missed.

My doctor said to stop looking at so much ****.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice txt Wall. Seems right on from most of what i know of the history of Rad and the server even having not been in it as long as others. Tis a happy day, and sad all around. We are happy to not be land locked and you are happy to not have to see orange. The sever is sad to see the longest land owning faction and one of the most helpful larger factions, regardless of the actions of some, get wiped off the map. Personally I am thankful for every tw, win or lose. As far as a ban...Sunday night sucks. We had a full 80 in Enrage and did actually have 1 person in Baxian. We would rather have fought Enrage full force whether that meant losing in 15 mins or 2hours. Regardless I'm sure some jerk will complain but when u look at it almost all major guilds that have owned land at one time or another had to no show someone. TAO has done it, Radiance has, even Enrage has. If i remember correctly this is only the 2nd time under my leadership that Rad has had a no show. The 1st for me was against Enrage with TAO in same time slot and there were no complaints then. So, whoever wants to complain, be my guest. Radiance still went out fighting Enrage. ;) See you all back on the map soon enough.
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    old news but hey thanks for letting us know anyways...
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well it was kinda bound to happen.. For me I was kinda happy to see Radiance off the map just because its the oldest faction and it should happened a year ago...
    why? Well.. honestly since Radiance was not the same Radiance as it was when the server started and up to last year when Enrage was formed and Tao / Caesar soon after..
    After Urbanpulse got leadership I actually hoped you would instead form a new TW faction under a new name.. That could have been a success I think - because a lot of players feel like nah, Radiance is old, we would not fit in etc but people want to try new things.. The sad part is that Enrage is now closer to total domination and it will happen.. The question is what is gonna happen when they do? Will people leave to make a new faction for more fun, or stay to get easy money when nobody dares to have the balls to make a new faction that can challenge them? Well I dunno..

Tao will soon fall too - but still have some decent members left that are pretty strong.. Gather the strongest from Tao and strongest from Radiance - form a faction and maybe some Enrage people would jump ship and join too cause it would sound fun.. To beat Enrage you gotta have good players and well geared players... +2 or +3 TT90 wont really cut it anymore when you are facing players with +12 Heaven Shatterer and Warsoul and whatnot..

Form something new from the Top 50 players in every faction - have crazy high requirements and you might have a chance to beat Enrage or at least give them a challenge.. Hard and can possibly easy fail on the recruiting part. Keep low expectations from players you get in, you probably get low expectations for a good TW faction..

Sad to see you go in one way Radiance, but you still have many strong members. Question is if you are gonna start wiping Tao out even faster or join them or any new TW faction in the quest for beating Enrage one day b:thanks
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    OMG ENRAGE WIPED RAD, GG b:victory

b:shockedb:angry mod.. i see evil on b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
    edited June 2010
    Options
    b:shockedb:angry mod.. i see evil on b:chuckle

shhhhhhhhhhh!! b:avoid
    chat ban is the worse ban, its horrible, they found my weakness
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    OMG ENRAGE WIPED RAD, GG b:victory

dammit tho, I took a nap for 20 minutes and missed the whole thing b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was working, as most ppl do on mondays, but oh well, ENRAGE SMASHED RAD OFF THE MAP, b:victory
  • BIackMagic - Heavens Tear
    BIackMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If Radiance gets back on the map and lands as RoC's pink color I demand we wipe them again.

RAWRZ BRAINZ

i sorry who's alt are you? No disrespect intended just curious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Here is a video and song for those that are happy on this day:

RAWR! I'm a tiger

FACEPALM FACCEEEE PAAALM

The original ending is like a billion times better, Wall ;(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XG1nSlxuI b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dunno I would say its only a sad night for those not in Radiance. b:surrender everyone in Radiance pretty much supported this idea for better or for worse.

b:kiss Oh and Enrage ain't so strong they only got a squad or so that owns so much that they make up for the fact that Radiance was on par with the rest of Enrage save that one squad. b:surrender I only say this because every time such people are missing it always ends up much longer. tch well thats my opinion anyway who cares about this flawed venos view anyway :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Tks for replying to my thread in this form, OP.

So it seems that getting wiped off the map was part of Rad's strategy, after all. A risky one at that, if we refer to previous land owning guilds who can't seem to be getting back on the map no matter how hard they try.

I'm thinking the game was a lot more fun when it was based on honour and loyalty with a sense of sharing and helping guildmates grow, and where a sense of friendship prevailed. Or was it just an illusion? What is clear tho is that, actually, greed prevails and is running the show. Greed is the great destroyer of PWI.

How to spell greed? A-N-N-I-P-A-C-K-S???

Oh well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FACEPALM FACCEEEE PAAALM

The original ending is like a billion times better, Wall ;(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XG1nSlxuI b:bye

I saw that vid too when I was seeing which one I wanted to select. The one I posted was less than a minute so I choose that one. Your choice is over 7 minutes and I think most people will close the vid before watching the whole thing.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I saw that vid too when I was seeing which one I wanted to select. The one I posted was less than a minute so I choose that one. Your choice is over 7 minutes and I think most people will close the vid before watching the whole thing.

RAWR! I'm a tiger

I didnt b:surrender

It's been so long since i saw the original ghost of Anakin/Vader in the ending. Its become blasphemy to even play that ending on movie airings on TV. Its good to see the ending how it was originally intended & not with that god aweful puke of an actor not even interacting with the other 2 ghosts. I had even forgotten the Ewoks were originally singing in that ending.