TurboTaxi's Complete Assassin Guide (For all Levels)

Comments

• Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    can this get stickied yet? very good guide thanks.
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    TurboTaxi - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    can this get stickied yet? very good guide thanks.

Thanks! I just figured that it would be sad for anyone else to go through what we did when tideborns first came out =] atleast now people can read this and know what they're getting into when they make an assasssin ^_^ haha
    "Stay cool, be respectful, know your limits, and accept it when you've lost....

...then maybe i'll stick around a bit longer. b:victory" -Anonymous

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • Svvagger - Lost City
    Svvagger - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not a bad guide. I don't care for deep sting as much as you but nearly everything else I'd say is accurate. I disagree on a few of the * levels but most of that is a matter of preference. A nice guide all in all.

And yes, interval sins are expensive but GOD we are sexy. I'm only at 2.5 attacks/sec when hell sparked and the damage is incredible. IMO, skill spammers are going to have a very difficult time endgame when competing with high levels in good gear. Heavy armors especially. Interval is where it's at for endgame pvp.
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    hey and i completely agree, swagger =] those sage sins are gonna be incredible though

take a look at this:

1. all gear with diamond of tigers: 24 attack levels (if they come out with +2 diamonds.... rofl, 48)
    2. genie skill "frenzy": 20 attack levels
    3. Chill of the Depths: 35 atk levels

~@~Total: 79 attack levels (potentially 103 attack levels, ffs lol)
    sage dagger mastery: 60% -> 90% increased damage

combine all this with the killer aoe(3spark->powerdash->subsea->BRAMBLERAGE) or skill spamming target controllage combos and man... those are some incredibly high dmg spikes, rofl. both 1v1 AND aoe damage. lol yea, its just something to look forward too ^_^

please don't nerf us.... i beg of you...

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • Svvagger - Lost City
    Svvagger - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh no doubt they'll kick out some big numbers. But comin out with nothing but DoT's and poppin frenzy is asking to be 1 shotted by the first person to send an arrow your way. It would be fun for dropping one person here and there but in a group pvp situation or against a barb with decent gear, a build like that will go nowhere fast. Interval is more flexible. An arcane armor caught off guard wouldn't have a prayer against a sage sin with the build you describe, but they really have no better shot against an interval sin. It's like I saw Trawne say elsewhere. Chill/sage sins are good for killing squishes. Interval builds are good for killing everything. Interval is just expensive and irritating to gather XD
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    ahhhh i see i see. so what you mean is that vit later endgame is going to be very necessary in survival then. makes sense. those other full nirvana guys are gonna be tough to take down as well then rofl.

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    @Sage Sins: take a look at the Types of Assassins sections and let me know what you think

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    =cough cough=
    What!!
    A guide from sin who purchased levels?!
    Blasphemy!
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why: OK.. so alot of people might bash on this build due to it's lack of VIT... which is very important at end game, BUT as a NUKE sin you'll be flying around invisible anyway and popping out like an ATOMIC MISSLE from ****** NASA, ROFL... buuuuuut please try and take a look at the importance of the ATK LEVELS. that is 79% of your OVERALL damage is going to go STRAIGHT THROUGH..... i repeat, STRAIGHT THROUGH all of their defenses. even barbs with 16,000-20,000 phys def are going to take a whole lot of damage, ESPECIALLY if it crits... which it probrably will considering your 75-80% chance to crit with powerdash. =D OK so combine all this with the killer aoe(3spark->wolfemblem->powerdash->subsea->BRAMBLERAGE) or skill spamming target controllage combos and man... both 1v1 AND aoe damage, straight through the dawm armor. lol yea, holy fruit cakes... ^_^ hope you sage sins get a kick outta that one.

this wont work without a few more skills (and an apoth pot)

Either: 2 spark (199 chi) > wolf emblem (204 chi) > power dash (4 chI)> Inner Harmony(204 chi) > Subsea > bramble rage > earthen rift.

or: 3 spark (99 chi) > wolf emblem (104 chi) > inner harmony (304 Chi) >power dash (104 chi)> Apoth Chi Pot > Subsea > bramble rage > earthen rift.

Better use would be this: Maze steps > wolf emblem > power dash > inner harmony > subsea strike > bramble > stealth

with this anyone who didnt die wont be able to stop you from escaping.

also, being a nuke sin doesnt mean you have alack of vit or hp. if you're thinking about frenzy, you just have almost 0 mdef/pdef
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    this wont work without a few more skills (and an apoth pot)

Either: 2 spark (199 chi) > wolf emblem (204 chi) > power dash (4 chI)> Inner Harmony(204 chi) > Subsea > bramble rage > earthen rift.

or: 3 spark (99 chi) > wolf emblem (104 chi) > inner harmony (304 Chi) >power dash (104 chi)> Apoth Chi Pot > Subsea > bramble rage > earthen rift.

Better use would be this: Maze steps > wolf emblem > power dash > inner harmony > subsea strike > bramble > stealth

with this anyone who didnt die wont be able to stop you from escaping.

also, being a nuke sin doesnt mean you have alack of vit or hp. if you're thinking about frenzy, you just have almost 0 mdef/pdef

yea, i kept that combo exactly for that reason: BROAD because no matter what kind of combo i make, theres going to be someone out there that thinks/knows another better way. so just generalizing it like this invites people to get creative with what they got ^_^ haha but good idea none the less!

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • skyxiii
    edited May 2010
    Taxi I'm pretty sure Velox meant
    "(3spark->wolfemblem->powerdash->subsea->BRAMBLERAGE)"
    is missing something, or otherwise impossible to execute.
    Triple spark leaves you with 99 chi, wolf bringing you past 100, but under 200 so you don't have 2 sparks for Powder Dash.
    Those dang oracle/hyper symptoms starting to show! b:mischievous
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Taxi I'm pretty sure Velox meant
    is missing something, or otherwise impossible to execute.
    Triple spark leaves you with 99 chi, wolf bringing you past 100, but under 200 so you don't have 2 sparks for Powder Dash.
    Those dang oracle/hyper symptoms starting to show! b:mischievous

inner harmony is an assassin skill that instantly gives you 2 sparks ^_^ no casting time... so with that in mind:

1. 3 spark (chi left: 99)
    2. wolf emblem (104)
    3. inner harmony (304)
    4. power dash (104)
    5. spark pot (304)
    6. subsea strike (104)
    7. BRAMBLE RAGE
    (Thanks Trawne)

btw skyxiii, im not trying to challenge you or anything =T but please make sure your facts are straight before you even try to start telling everyone how to play their class... much less bash on them, rofl. to everyone else: lol sick isn't it? ^_^

also, i think you read my reply wrong, rofl. read it again. lol

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    hehe i think you're both missing each other here. pretty sure turbo knows he needed to inner harmony he just didnt write it

and i dont think skyxiii is trying to bash you just point out that you didnt have the chi for the combo you were posting in the guide.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    hehe i think you're both missing each other here. pretty sure turbo knows he needed to inner harmony he just didnt write it

and i dont think skyxiii is trying to bash you just point out that you didnt have the chi for the combo you were posting in the guide.

rofl i agree =] might as well put that combo in the guide for those sage sins. thanks again, trawne

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • skyxiii
    edited May 2010
    I'm sorry, but you provoked this by telling me to get my facts straight.

This can't be executed without IH or pot. That was the only point I was trying to make. If you meant to include either of those in the combo then yes, it works fine.
    I wasn't trying to bash, just simply trying to point out the truth.
    Either way you look at it, using IH, although being an instant skill, does take time and is significant enough to include in your combo descriptions.

Yes, you are a 9x sin. We used to do BHs together around the 60s-70s, then you shot up to 99 out of no where.
    But I am also 9x now, and I haven't spent a penny on this game/hypered/oracled/frost even. That's why it's dangerous for you to tell me to get my facts straight, because my friend, they are indeed straight ~ straighter than the blades you have on your barrier thorns.
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I'm sorry, but you provoked this by telling me to get my facts straight.

This can't be executed without IH or pot. That was the only point I was trying to make. If you meant to include either of those in the combo then yes, it works fine.
    I wasn't trying to bash, just simply trying to point out the truth.
    Either way you look at it, using IH, although being an instant skill, does take time and is significant enough to include in your combo descriptions.

Yes, you are a 9x sin. We used to do BHs together around the 60s-70s, then you shot up to 99 out of no where.
    But I am also 9x now, and I haven't spent a penny on this game/hypered/oracled/frost even. That's why it's dangerous for you to tell me to get my facts straight, because my friend, they are indeed straight ~ straighter than the blades you have on your barrier thorns.

1. i've had gutbreakers for a long time now (yur facts are a bit crooked there dude... ^_^ )
    2. oracle/hyper symptoms? please =] i created this guide not to boast, but to help inform everyone of the assassin potential.
    3. i GENERALIZED that specific combo so that when people see it, they will be forced to MAKE THEIR OWN COMBO, i.e. mixing it up? rofl dude, come on man.

lol and lookie here, this is, word for word, what i said to trawne:

"yea, i kept that combo exactly for that reason: BROAD because no matter what kind of combo i make, theres going to be someone out there that thinks/knows another better way. so just generalizing it like this invites people to get creative with what they got ^_^ haha but good idea none the less!"

rofl dude, and you seriously can absolutely NOT compare a person's skill just by the way they lvled up. ok, i know alot of people are angry at oracles and hypers (turbo only used 15 oracles to get from 98-99, just so you know) being abused so much and not being able to use their toons to their full potentials. i mean, you got 8xs and 9xs running around not knowing what some skills do! and its aggrivating, i know. but please do not ever again judge or rate a player just by the way they lvled up. its just rude, lol.

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • skyxiii
    edited May 2010
    Again, over and over, you misunderstand my posts.

1.I never mentioned the duration of which you had gutbreakers for - so how does this "crook" my facts?

2. The symptoms thing was a joke. I was teasing you for buying your levels, that's all (hence the friendly emote afterwards). Everyone plays differently. You play your way, I'll play mine.

3. I must have missed the point about you saying that the combo was "general". I didn't know what you meant by terms like "broad" and "general", because I am not used to seeing combos posted like that. I guess this was a misunderstanding.

Lastly, to claim there is no correlation between player skill and the way they leveled up is just silly. Don't take my word for it, ask others.
    I wasn't trying to say you have no skill because you bought levels - I was saying I didn't buy levels, so please don't say I don't know the facts because indeed, I do.

I hope you will stop misunderstanding my posts for I have made these points as clear as I could.
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Again, over and over, you misunderstand my posts.

1.I never mentioned the duration of which you had gutbreakers for - so how does this "crook" my facts?

2. The symptoms thing was a joke. I was teasing you for buying your levels, that's all (hence the friendly emote afterwards). Everyone plays differently. You play your way, I'll play mine.

3. I must have missed the point about you saying that the combo was "general". I didn't know what you meant by terms like "broad" and "general", because I am not used to seeing combos posted like that. I guess this was a misunderstanding.

Lastly, to claim there is no correlation between player skill and the way they leveled up is just silly. Don't take my word for it, ask others.
    I wasn't trying to say you have no skill because you bought levels - I was saying I didn't buy levels, so please don't say I don't know the facts because indeed, I do.

I hope you will stop misunderstanding my posts for I have made these points as clear as I could.

sounds like a plan ^_^ *shakes hand* wanna get something to eat? b:victory

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • skyxiii
    edited May 2010
    Yup. I want a filet-o-fish burger b:dirty
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Yup. I want a filet-o-fish burger b:dirty

rofl! too bad McDonalds is required to remove their Happy Meals >_< so sad to see that go away.

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    rofl! too bad McDonalds is required to remove their Happy Meals >_< so sad to see that go away.

Is this true? i saw something about a 'mini meal' the other and was like 'wtf?!'

on topic: anyway my sin will be following this guide
    b:pleased
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Power Dash*****
    Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 240.8
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
    Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus an extra amount of physical damage.
    Increases your Critical ChanceLasts for 8 seconds.
    This skill is fabulous. it doesnt matter if youre an interval sin or skill spammer. at lvl 10, for a whopping 8 seconds, this gives you 40% EXTRA CRITICAL CHANCE. yup, i said it. combine this with your damage buffs and AoE skills or your increase attack speed skills and you'll be hitting like a dump truck stacked with turbo. Absolulte MUST at Endgame.

Nice guide but everyone makes the same mistake on this skill

Skill
    Power Dash Level 10
    Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 240.8
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus
    2737.9 physical damage.
    Increases your Rage Damage by 40%. Lasts for 8 seconds.

it doesnt increase your crit% it increases your damage you do in crit by .4

Also:

Earthen Rift*****
    Range Melee
    Channel 0.7 seconds
    Cast 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence
    Detonate the ground under the enemy. Deals base physical damage plus weapon damage to all enemy units within 8 meters.
    This skill is realy really good because it doesn't do a fixed amount of damage, but PERCENT instead.

the percent is figured like this

Base attack X 4 = attack damage of earthenrift; so saying you hit a mob normally for 100 damage, with lvl 10 earthen rift you'd hit them for 400 Stack in wolf totem (+.3) power dash (+.4) Subsea (+.3) crit (+2) and spark (ascended spark of +5) and you get a whopping 2980 (based after 100 * 4(earth) points of damage respectively)

Again Great guide!

PS you forgot one type of build and its the solo Sin :3
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • FoxyGurlly - Lost City
    FoxyGurlly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Power Dash*****
    Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 240.8
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus an extra amount of physical damage.
    Increases your Critical ChanceLasts for 8 seconds.
    This skill is fabulous. it doesnt matter if youre an interval sin or skill spammer. at lvl 10, for a whopping 8 seconds, this gives you 40% EXTRA CRITICAL CHANCE. yup, i said it. combine this with your damage buffs and AoE skills or your increase attack speed skills and you'll be hitting like a dump truck stacked with turbo. Absolulte MUST at Endgame.

Nice guide but everyone makes the same mistake on this skill

Skill
    Power Dash Level 10
    Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 240.8
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus
    2737.9 physical damage.
    Increases your Rage Damage by 40%. Lasts for 8 seconds.

it doesnt increase your crit% it increases your damage you do in crit by .4

Also:

Earthen Rift*****
    Range Melee
    Channel 0.7 seconds
    Cast 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence
    Detonate the ground under the enemy. Deals base physical damage plus weapon damage to all enemy units within 8 meters.
    This skill is realy really good because it doesn't do a fixed amount of damage, but PERCENT instead.

the percent is figured like this

Base attack X 4 = attack damage of earthenrift; so saying you hit a mob normally for 100 damage, with lvl 10 earthen rift you'd hit them for 400

Again Great guide!

PS you forgot one type of build and its the solo Sin :3
    please use your own skills b4 trying to make corrections -.-.... and wow.... just wow.... all things u say makes me think u haven't used any of these skills

oh btw tubro is right... and your not...
    edited May 2010
    please use your own skills b4 trying to make corrections -.-.... and wow.... just wow.... all things u say makes me think u haven't used any of these skills

oh btw tubro is right... and your not...

didnt make it up pulled it right from the game and right off ecatomb so maybe you should read before correcting someone
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    didnt make it up pulled it right from the game and right off ecatomb so maybe you should read before correcting someone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

(Warning caps inc)

LEARN YOUR GOD DAMN CLASS BEFORE POSTING STUPID ****

(caps off)

power dash increases critical strike CHANCE. please for the love of god no new sins listen to this guy...ever.

The description on the skill is wrong. for the CORRECT description open your skilltree and look at it there. it says CHANCE there and CHANCE is what it RAISES
  • FoxyGurlly - Lost City
    FoxyGurlly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

(Warning caps inc)

LEARN YOUR GOD DAMN CLASS BEFORE POSTING STUPID ****

(caps off)

power dash increases critical strike CHANCE. please for the love of god no new sins listen to this guy...ever.

The description on the skill is wrong. for the CORRECT description open your skilltree and look at it there. it says CHANCE there and CHANCE is what it RAISES

lol not to mention the 999999 threads about this topic....
    edited May 2010
    if the case in fact that it increased my crit chance was the truth I would crit every 6 attacks out of 10, but I dont, I still continue to crit, every 3. Sorry, it doesnt change it, however when I do crit, my crit attack damage does go up by 872 damage. Further more, crit chance and rage are two completely different stats.
  • Raggen - Dreamweaver
    Raggen - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if the case in fact that it increased my crit chance was the truth I would crit every 6 attacks out of 10, but I dont, I still continue to crit, every 3. Sorry, it doesnt change it, however when I do crit, my crit attack damage does go up by 872 damage. Further more, crit chance and rage are two completely different stats.

One of the 2 options:

You're **** or you're a liar.

Look at the icon that shows up when you use Power Dash! Its completely different from the one that appears when you use Wolf Emblem.

The icon the shows up with Power Dash is the freaking same one that show ups in another skills the increase Crit chance, like Demon Strenght of the Titans ou Demon Stunning Arrow.

@Off: Does anyone know if Dream Breaker was implemented at this last att?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    One of the 2 options:

You're **** or you're a liar.

Look at the icon that shows up when you use Power Dash! Its completely different from the one that appears when you use Wolf Emblem.

The icon the shows up with Power Dash is the freaking same one that show ups in another skills the increase Crit chance, like Demon Strenght of the Titans ou Demon Stunning Arrow.

@Off: Does anyone know if Dream Breaker was implemented at this last att?

i decided not to reply to him anymore as he's either an idiot or a troll.

as to your Q: Dream Breaker is still not implemented yet. maybe in the next patch with our skills.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    @Off: Does anyone know if Dream Breaker was implemented at this last att?[/I]

No maintenance last night so no. Side note, I saw my first 100+ sin with full interval gear (including recast nirvana daggers + pants) yesterday b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.