I'm sorry Lost City

Options

Comments

• BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so susa i have read all of your posts in this thread and obviously i agree.

what are YOU willing to do about it?

all of you guys in essence for the salary?
    i have seen the guild chat i know its not for that...
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so susa i have read all of your posts in this thread and obviously i agree.

what are YOU willing to do about it?

all of you guys in essence for the salary?
    i have seen the guild chat i know its not for that...

Salary is null and void the ingame coin price of anything is more than any salary that could be passed out. As to what I'm going to do about it. I'm not sure yet guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You should give my bm your gear. That would save the server.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You should give my bm your gear. That would save the server.

safe*

cant wait for the rpk revolution.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Dethrone - Lost City
    Dethrone - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    safe*

cant wait for the rpk revolution.
    It's definitely save mate.

New RPKer guild please.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm all for a QQme/zulu type of guild in this server. All the rpk people don't try hard enough anymore.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's definitely save mate.

New RPKer guild please.

get on your main and show us how much you HAVENT been paying attention to LC over the past few months.

gtfo
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Dethrone - Lost City
    Dethrone - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    get on your main and show us how much you HAVENT been paying attention to LC over the past few months.

gtfo

Say please and I'll stop trolling. b:cry
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Say you make a new RPK guild. If it even begins to gain the slightest amount of attention then you'll have Essence and Spectral all over their nuts. Now this RPK guild will probably have a few level 100 cash shoppers, maybe a few 90+, and the rest will be 7x and 8x. And everywhere they go they will have 90+ and 100+ with really good gear from Essence and Spectral on their nuts. A new RPK guild will fail. If you want to make the server interesting then you need one of the top guilds that already exists (Kami, Essence, Spec) to go RPK, that's the only way you'll ever see a decent RPK faction again.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Say you make a new RPK guild. If it even begins to gain the slightest amount of attention then you'll have Essence and Spectral all over their nuts. Now this RPK guild will probably have a few level 100 cash shoppers, maybe a few 90+, and the rest will be 7x and 8x. And everywhere they go they will have 90+ and 100+ with really good gear from Essence and Spectral on their nuts. A new RPK guild will fail. If you want to make the server interesting then you need one of the top guilds that already exists (Kami, Essence, Spec) to go RPK, that's the only way you'll ever see a decent RPK faction again.

It might fail you are right. But if they players that join in are from those 3 factions maybe it wont b:shutup
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • combatx
    combatx Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I disagree.

You just have to be classy.

I get soooo many PMs a day asking if me or column are reforming RQ, and even more PMs of people telling me their regrets that they didn't join RQ when it was alive; people are dying for an exciting faction to rise.
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

It's true. RageQuit was a large guild, QQme was a large guild and both had some sort of power in the server albeit little. With ess/kami/spec it's probably pretty hard to make a good rpk guild that won't fail because so many people will have you kos. That isn't a big deal, you are rpk right? RQ was fine with so many guilds on them, it's just the fact that RQ had enough numbers that would always pk to be able to put up a fight. Nowadays some people take 6-7 people to kill alone and 3 guilds of them looking for you will get old quickly. Unless you can get a large number of skilled/active people to join this guild you won't make anymore of a difference pvp wise than skullcrusher.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ultimately, the #1 reason all RPK guilds eventually fail: Is lack of any good PvE.

People are interested in getting their gears. Farming at least an HH90 or HH99 set. Farming Nirvana? Doing GV for their 3rd fairy. Running Lunar?

Basically put, only a small set of those in RPK guilds (today) are competent enough to run a full GV. Most are uninterested in farming HH.

Hence the reason why the top guilds are not RPK guilds. Just look at how RageQuit came and died. They came, RPK'ed while never really farming any good gear. The other guilds just levelled to 100, farmed their end-game gear, and made them non-factors.

Its only after people have farmed all their gear's that they come here and ask where all the action went.

Now, as to why the quality of action has diminished is simple: The packs!

Nobody likes fighting a wallet, your just going to loose.
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tbh i havent read all the posts here but i gotta say pking in sp being bannable hasnt stopped me from doing it. i dont have a single cash shopped item anything i have refined is maybe +2 and off of luck not d orbs.
    i enjoy pk/rpk/pvp even if i do get my a$$ handed to me by a 9x or 10x.

susa the other day in sp if i wasnt busy id have stayed to fight :P instead of running through lol

and i miss having to run for your life through sp or to turn a quest in at HT it was annoying at times but it was fun the server is getting increasingly boring these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • combatx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ultimately, the #1 reason all RPK guilds eventually fail: Is lack of any good PvE.

People are interested in getting their gears. Farming at least an HH90 or HH99 set. Farming Nirvana? Doing GV for their 3rd fairy. Running Lunar?

Basically put, only a small set of those in RPK guilds (today) are competent enough to run a full GV. Most are uninterested in farming HH.

Hence the reason why the top guilds are not RPK guilds. Just look at how RageQuit came and died. They came, RPK'ed while never really farming any good gear. The other guilds just levelled to 100, farmed their end-game gear, and made them non-factors.

Its only after people have farmed all their gear's that they come here and ask where all the action went.

Now, as to why the quality of action has diminished is simple: The packs!

Nobody likes fighting a wallet, your just going to loose.

lol, common misconception. RQ didnt have any crazy CS users but we did PvE. Yeah not as much as CQ, we were indeed outlevelled, but we had high levels.

Not to mention I was one of the first handful of people to access the third past map...

I can't say anything about the PvE now, but back then, the PvE was SO ridiculously dull. There were no hard instances, levelling took forever, and 3% an hour on miji was amazing exp at 89+. People aoeing in third map getting 5% an hour on miji was unheard of.

The people who didnt RPK are borderline insane, I dont know how people made it to 10x in those times without any RPK relief. Honestly, i think that if it wasn't for RQ giving a lot of CQ some motivation to level, they would definitely not have got as strong as they did.

The irony is that people who wanted RQ gone before, now want it back, and even want to join it.
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I do agree with most of this. The server has def gone much worse than before. I encourage more rpk guilds to pop up to decrease the ammount of QQers on the server and increase the fun.

And to llama please tell me the Koi who cried to you about being pked at mq, thats pretty pathetic lol.

Like hell if I remember some nonfactor 8X barb, name started with a "K" I think, and his wife.

Ok ya you want to fix this server people need to leave in droves. Well its really beyond repair, I'm just trying to let you all know what you're missing without logging PW. I mean FFS farmville is more fun than this game now.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    combatx wrote: »
    lol, common misconception. RQ didnt have any crazy CS users but we did PvE. Yeah not as much as CQ, we were indeed outlevelled, but we had high levels.

Not to mention I was one of the first handful of people to access the third past map...

I can't say anything about the PvE now, but back then, the PvE was SO ridiculously dull. There were no hard instances, levelling took forever, and 3% an hour on miji was amazing exp at 89+. People aoeing in third map getting 5% an hour on miji was unheard of.

The people who didnt RPK are borderline insane, I dont know how people made it to 10x in those times without any RPK relief. Honestly, i think that if it wasn't for RQ giving a lot of CQ some motivation to level, they would definitely not have got as strong as they did.

The irony is that people who wanted RQ gone before, now want it back, and even want to join it.
    +1
    Sad, but trueb:shedtear
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Like hell if I remember some nonfactor 8X barb, name started with a "K" I think, and his wife.

Ok ya you want to fix this server people need to leave in droves. Well its really beyond repair, I'm just trying to let you all know what you're missing without logging PW. I mean FFS farmville is more fun than this game now.
    b:cryb:laughb:cryb:shedtear...
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Taeknight - Lost City
    Taeknight - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Susa :D, i havent logged on for a week, i kinda got bored of PWI. I thought when school year finishes ill spent some money to get interval stuff, but then they will release something new that will need my money. So i kinda quit PWI :P. Oh ur bro helps me on the private server lolololol
  • LaTrappe - Lost City
    LaTrappe - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I disagree.

You just have to be classy.

I get soooo many PMs a day asking if me or column are reforming RQ, and even more PMs of people telling me their regrets that they didn't join RQ when it was alive; people are dying for an exciting faction to rise.

Sorbik is correct in that you do have to have a degree of class to have any sort of success in an rpk guild, the rpk guilds that replaced RQ just don't have the same flare or dignity RQ did. Should RQ reform under Column or Sorbik? No. Why should they not reform? All it would be is a bunch of fanboys and n00bs wanting the prestige of RageQuit over thier head In a vain attempt to be part of something nostalgic and irrelevant to todays lost city server. For me it was always the people that made RQ and most of the people who made RQ the way it was have since departed this place - reformed It could never be the same.

RQ had cash shoppers O.o Deadbone, Tokyo, Column and myself cash shopped a fair bit during Mystics time(A LOT more csers were in Columns RQ before its death) and I'm pretty sure if most of them hadnt quit when packs came out a lot more credit cards would have had the chance to shine.

You are right in that the PvE aspect was pretty dull - but remember our fish parties Sorbik? The mixture of PvE and getting crashed by BloodLust, GZ, CQ? Those days were fun, just chillin' on vent talking **** and PvEing/PvPing for like 6 or 7 hours a day. I guess the reason people made it to 10x was that grinding back then was semi fun because of the danger factor, PvP could break out any time.

The game has changed though, PvP is no longer encouraged by PWEntertainment. People on the server are now also to eager to cry foul and try to get others banned(People = Spectral la)

Anyway, I really hope RQ never comes back on Lost City, I'd rather have fond memories than have to watch some limp wristed half arsed Imitation try to grasp at former glory.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and kristoph you are rather stupid. sure, soulrebel blows ****. koi and TC are rather stinky as well. but you are trying to say that an "assumed" top 3 guild like kami should have trouble against two rpk factions that are not even considered a factor by yourself. let me put it this way. koi may have two nirvana archers or whatever, but if we added someone as awesome as you its not like there would be any difference. maybe 20 people later then we can talk.

either way you sitting in kami just blabbering away doesnt do anyone any good. keep bragging about how nonfactor TC and koi are and then take a hard look at your own guild and how easily you would lose to a couple other ones out there.
    I don't think you got my point. And lol... I'm not bragging either, I did nothing to make kami the way it is, I simply jumped onto the ship. I'm simply stating there's no point for any of the 3 main factions to start RPKing, as there wouldn't be any challenge. It'd be the same as camping secret passage or patrolling silver pool and orchid. Even if they tried fighting back they wouldn't stand a chance, because the majority of the top three guilds is made up of level 100s.

And no, kami wouldn't lose to any factions but spectral and essence. These 3 guilds will only lose to eachother, depending on attendance, luck and some other factors. There's absolutely no enjoyment in fighting any of the other guilds 1v1 or 1v2.

EDIT: holy **** I fell asleep after writing this. and..
    Anyway, I really hope RQ never comes back on Lost City, I'd rather have fond memories than have to watch some limp wristed half arsed Imitation try to grasp at former glory.
    I totally agree
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear
    KnaveslLobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    first let me state im a nobody here and yes im on a pve server ,

but im a gamer have played on many games and pvp was my first love.
    thing is it isnt QQ that kill pvp. pvp servers kill themselvs , sure it great at first the thrill and the challange of survieing or becomeing someone respected

but all too soon we forget what it was like to be that 3x trying to become what we are now, we claim we kill you so you learn or because well hell just because your here, because its our right to do so, and ill trash talk your death and put you down call you fail and noob.
    did you endure that off old school pk all those you admire, im betting most times not
    hell they one hit laughed and moved on.

whos killing pvp you are not the new players not the Gm, but you and this attitude that,

its a pvp server you dont like it gtfo soon they do and your left with nothing
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow Susa! Nice one. i won't comment for or against this little petition you have going, becos i have a suspectfull nature. Time will tell if my suspicions are correct to the motive behind this little coup..........

So i will leave u with this, You're preaching it. You believe it. Then do it. Convince Elayne to make essence RPK, start attacking everyone.....Yakuza, Nagare, Iam, Freereign, ...e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e.....That is RPK is it not? Go ahead. Don't suggest for other factions to do it, Let the mighty essence take the first step. See what happensb:chuckle

Practice what you preach Susa, or this will just be another attention seeking thread.b:shutup

b:bye
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Essence would much rather find stupid reasons for putting guilds on KoS. QQOVERPOTSLOL
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

RQ Didn't give any real motivation except for maybe the first 50 or 60 levels.

Most of the motivation was the work of Bloodlust after the drama began.

Most of the people who want RQ back now are end-game players who have nothing better to do but PK. Although, most of them realize that PvP on lost city isn't 1 on 1 anymore. You either fight a wallet, or be ganked. Thats why people like that are now in Koi.

At the end of the day when it comes down to RPK on lost city, its dependent on how big your wallet is, or how much time you want to spend farming enough money to buy charms.

Essence would eventually fall apart if they went RPK. I'm sure none of them really wants to spend oodles of cash on charms to fight off Lost City as a whole, or spend countless hours farming because gold prices make a gold charm 1.6M worth of coins. As any 10x you realize there isn't much after you have your gear. At some point you will have the realization that your spending too much for nothing, or you have better things to do with your time.
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:bye the whole point of PVP is having RPker camping and killing noobs making it hard for them to lvl, then calling a zerg to kill those rpk
    that's what fun about pvp, now? "QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ, GM, NOOBS CAMPING"
    b:bye it's more of a PVE Server with killable playersb:bye
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    when I pull up YT and find vids like this, makes me keep playing the game.

cause in the end we all love Pking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Yggn9ZFuc&feature=fvsr

b:victoryb:victory
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry
  • combatx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    RQ had cash shoppers O.o Deadbone, Tokyo, Column and myself cash shopped a fair bit during Mystics time(A LOT more csers were in Columns RQ before its death) and I'm pretty sure if most of them hadnt quit when packs came out a lot more credit cards would have had the chance to shine.

hence why i said "crazy CS users"

btw the differential between columns rq and mystics rq is such a ridiculous thing to say; so many people outside of mystics rq like platypuss and torin embodied the rq trait so much better... i hate it when people make this distinction
    You are right in that the PvE aspect was pretty dull - but remember our fish parties Sorbik? The mixture of PvE and getting crashed by BloodLust, GZ, CQ? Those days were fun, just chillin' on vent talking **** and PvEing/PvPing for like 6 or 7 hours a day. I guess the reason people made it to 10x was that grinding back then was semi fun because of the danger factor, PvP could break out any time.

Yeah the fond memories come back now, but at the time i dont think any of us really loved it as much as we do now. Even you got pissed off a couple times that you just quit fishing and went soloing on the poison mobs.

But when we werent being crashed, the game was ridiculously fun. There were no stupid one shots, nobody was hitting 30k, target fire was a necessity, and nobody had +12 gear. The game was more teamwork dependent, than gear dependent, and good teamwork had us enjoying the game after a battle.

I agree. Whats more ridiculous is that there exists a 'rq trait' Every guild should have this embodiment, it should not be restricted to one guild, nor should it be a legendary title carried by the deceased. Well, this is what i thought at least, when I started Lost City - PvP.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:bye the whole point of PVP is having RPker camping and killing noobs making it hard for them to lvl, then calling a zerg to kill those rpk
    that's what fun about pvp, now? "QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ, GM, NOOBS CAMPING"
    b:bye it's more of a PVE Server with killable playersb:bye

The reason my guild was named after the part of the TOS that actually allows them to ban over pk on a pvp server:

"You agree to never take any action that disrupts the service or negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the website, the games, or any other aspect of the service."

Basically what that means is if you ruined someone's day by interrupting their hyper stones and they complain about it, the GMs have every right to ban you.

You clicked "ok" to this ****. And ya I won't tell you how many times I've been banned for that reason. :X
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I mean FFS farmville is more fun than this game now.

I have noticed >_> Now visit my Zoo damnit!! b:cute

@Thread -

I commend you Susa for trying but truth be told, the server dies more and more each day. TBH I do not even think it is some much a lack of RPK versus all of the instance work that people now do when they are logged in. More so this would be Frost on Hypers and even BH's.

The simple fact is that with the advent of Hypers, there is no want to RPK, instead there is just the want to level up to 100 as fast as one can. What many do not realize is that once you "achieve" the 10x status, your in-game time then consists of farming or being afk on your character while in vent while tabbed out or talking to people in chat. The rush to get the server to 10x is funny at best and in just looking around or being in random squads, one can see the overall effect of these "super" leveler's; people do not know how to play their classes. Beyond the rush to level up what is there? Social aspect of the game? Improve gears? **** talk people?

I did not start in cb nor did I start right when the server opened, in fact I started playing in January. However, I can remember all of the things that people are saying. Hell, grinding at fish when in RQ was fun and at times crazy. The CQ/BLT/GZ/RQ "wars" and the like. When RPK was actually RPK. Stepping out of SZ in soooooo many areas would mean instant death and if not instant, you were constantly checking your area. It has now become a PvP server of QQ poor me you killed me while I was questing. Hell, go to the lowbie areas even and there is NO ONE even there. I could most likely go afk in one of those areas for hours, come back and be still standing there alive.

Even West Gate people stand around and talk to each other versus the old times of no-one left standing >_> It is rather sickening and discouraging.

Will or would updates to the game make things better? Not sure as there seems to be more things in the work in looking at "not-to-be-named" other forums/information sites. I am skeptical at best though that some of these things would make much of a difference.

So what are we left with? Make all guilds RPK? Let the QQ'ers win the "you can't kill me" under TOS 11(n)? Stupid at best imo....The fact is, we are fighting a losing battle unless something changes and changes soon. I have a list of ppl on the verge of or already quitting. Then we are left with an even more boring server.

For the first time since playing this game, I think that I am in agreement in that maybe we should merge the PvP servers. New people, a new game and maybe new fun!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous