I'm sorry Lost City

Comments

• SassySis - Lost City
    SassySis - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There are members of KOI that don't QQ? That is news to me.
    My specialty is being right when other people are wrong.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well I try to be as unbiased as possible. I admit there are members of Koi that cry a lot but thats the same with other guilds. At least we can admit members of koi have no qualms about random pking (its actually surprises me that members of Koi "cry about getting pked" since were pretty much the most hunted guild on the server... figured they'd be used to it lol)

Remember this is a game with people all over the world. Every guild has people that are total idiots and people that are chill.

Now lets return back on topic about how the server sucks **** now :D.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well I try to be as unbiased as possible. I admit there are members of Koi that cry a lot but thats the same with other guilds. At least we can admit members of koi have no qualms about random pking (its actually surprises me that members of Koi "cry about getting pked" since were pretty much the most hunted guild on the server... figured they'd be used to it lol)

Remember this is a game with people all over the world. Every guild has people that are total idiots and people that are chill.

Now lets return back on topic about how the server sucks **** now :D.
    +1 I think that either the current rpk guilds need to combine forces and become one or at least work together and start killing EVERYTHING. No alliances other than each other if they can't combine. And just kill everything who cares what faction just kill it will make for very fun pvp with ppl calling back up you calling back up mass chaos whos attacking who dont really care anymore just attack the closest person to you lol omg that was fun back when i was in Nsync for like a month.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My 7 and 8x days were the best of the server kos was fun you couldnt step out of sz without getting pked or at least someone trying. KOS was real not something people throw around now that means omg if i see you and i think i can kill you your dead. I really stopped pking when i got into my 9x's the last 5-6 months were terrible. One of the main reasons i quit, but yes the old lost city gotta love it.

Man the first 3-4 months of the server was so fun. The only OP thing was phoenixes when they were introduced around 6x-7x. Cash shoppers had very little advantage because gold was 100k and the only good thing back then was hh weapons. Deity had 4 socket +5 hh80 gold and was considered 'OP' yet still died easily. Pvp against cash shoppers wasn't a complete **** show and most weren't even hard due to no skill. Nowadays money has completely alienized the non cash shopping community. Shinzoko still uses bleed just like when he was 7x yet now he hits me for over half my hp with it.

Also rpk is dead due to BH and instances such as GV and frost.

Back in the old days butterflies->undines/fish was how you leveled and it was the only way. Pvp was forced on us because of the demand for the spots. We got a max of 4% an hour around 87 with miji so there was plenty of pvp. At 90+ it was zhen or farm/dailies with the odd solo grinding so there was still plenty of pvp. Once gv and third map was discovered there was pvp at third map because it was the OP way to level. Every thing was out of safe.

I thought pvp would have been recovered with public quests before I knew anything about them. I envisioned a frost type of leveling but it wasn't in an instance. It would have provided even better pvp than before. But nope pwi ****ed that up. there is no PQ from 81-94 which is **** and that cuts out a huge portion of people to kill. the rewards for lowbie PQ sucks and 95+ PQ is such a waste of time it's unbelievable. If they made PQ for each level bracket (6x,7x,8x,9x,10x) with actual rewards better than any other way of leveling maybe there would be some pvp (i heard its bannable..) The problem is people will still just fall back onto BH/GV/frost to level if there is pk there.

Another thing I see is there is no way to pk 10x or people that can't level anymore. Everything to do at 10x is in an instance and the only time a 10x would possibly be doing something out of safe is pking.

There needs to be a new addition that gives better gear than nirvana but it isn't farmable inside an instance. Take a page from 410n, make pvp give points and make those points tradable for gear/charms/something useful. If you kill someone 3x you obviously don't get any. It would be hard to be abused as you already have a way to detect multiple killings of the same person. Or make PQ type of farming for good 10x gear that is out of safe. Not only do you have to farm for it you have to fight off enemies to farm. This would also prevent people from being able to solo farm on 6 accounts as you can't really pk on 6 clients. There needs to be some reason to make 10x have to play the game out of safe.

I'm also pissed they removed the wushu tourney on thursdays as that was the only thing I enjoyed. We don't have the normal arena, there is another arena made that was a daily 100k coin event where there are stat boosting wisps like in the horse race which gave you +hp, attack, def, speed, crit, etc.. you kill people and each person you kill you get a token type of thing that can be traded for chips/gear or that yin/yan belt that you could get from that one pack. This obviously was never added even though it was made. Remember those duke shouts about the scarlet arena a while back? Remember that quest you had to dig those bloody jade's south of sundown at 5x? That was the initial quest for the arena.

There are so many things pw could do for pvp and I'm really not sure why they don't.

Logically, people at 10x don't last very long in the game after farming all their gear and having a bit of pk/rpk fun. Once that's over there is nothing left to do but chat with people.
    If pwi wants to keep making money a good idea is to provide incentives for people to play once they have done everything. Pvp is a huge reason to keep playing. All i see is pw hindering pvp and almost trying to remove it. I'm not 100% sure why but I can guess. Pvp provides tons of profit as people have to buy charms and gear. I'm sure those people with 8jun bought it for the pve boss killing.

zz wall of rambling text.. either way I've posted stuff similar to this before (around february 2009) saying all of this but it just gets overlooked as always. the only profit chart pwi follows is:

sales->profit

it's much too hard to understand:

pvp->charms/gear, people playing longer-> profit.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok what I will say is completely my opinion and what a few things made me have that mentality. I asked for info about Rankings and was told it that PWI would consider adding it back, I asked for info about the Thursday PvP tournament and was told that it was removed due to a bug (I seriously dont know which bug is that and has nothing to do with dying and appear out of safe) and was also told that theres no plan to add it back so far. Hundreds of players post everyday suggesting this ,that and that, but basically "nothing" is done about it. They say they hear their players suggestions but still not much action is taken regarding PvP enjoyment. Oh I forgot, if they give us all of those things wouldnt it make us less interested in trying out upcoming PWE games? oh wait Im wrong ...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Ok what I will say is completely my opinion and what a few things made me have that mentality. I asked for info about Rankings and was told it that PWI would consider adding it back, I asked for info about the Thursday PvP tournament and was told that it was removed due to a bug (I seriously dont know which bug is that and has nothing to do with dying and appear out of safe) and was also told that theres no plan to add it back so far. Hundreds of players post everyday suggesting this ,that and that, but basically "nothing" is done about it. They say they hear their players suggestions but still not much action is taken regarding PvP enjoyment. Oh I forgot, if they give us all of those things wouldnt it make us less interested in trying out upcoming PWE games? oh wait Im wrong ...

I believe the bug had something to do with when you died you acutally died twice and the go to town thing got stuck on the screen so you had to relog to get rid of it and they didnt/couldnt fix it or something.

And Devoted I love your ideas. If they don't do something about this soon their game is going to die. Period.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I believe the bug had something to do with when you died you acutally died twice and the go to town thing got stuck on the screen so you had to relog to get rid of it and they didnt/couldnt fix it or something.

And Devoted I love your ideas. If they don't do something about this soon their game is going to die. Period.
    +1
    I find it weird that I'm fully agreeing with Devoted and Susa, but the fact is the game is dieing. I LOVE THIS GAME!b:cry
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just any pvp arena would help honestly. As long as people have a certain place to go to where they know PvP will be at, without any penalty (other than any pots/charms/etc), it'll give them a place to socialize + mess around.

Basically like cube where you can just go and kill whoever you want and the worst thing that can happen is you die and get sent back to where you came from. Similar concept... but would need to change somewhat obviously (spawn camping zzz)
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Just any pvp arena would help honestly. As long as people have a certain place to go to where they know PvP will be at, without any penalty (other than any pots/charms/etc), it'll give them a place to socialize + mess around.

Basically like cube where you can just go and kill whoever you want and the worst thing that can happen is you die and get sent back to where you came from. Similar concept... but would need to change somewhat obviously (spawn camping zzz)

The original arena was perfect

Spawn with wooden stakes that you can attack for chi and you enter to a platform with 4 similar entrances from each side. You die you spawn back at one of the 4 spawns and chi up and run back. You can fly and the height was a bit more than tw height.

They even used to have an event on saturdays if i remember where chests spawn in the arena and you can dig them for prizes.

There is no bug in the arena yet it has never been opened since it was closed the first time. b:surrender
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010

Spawn with wooden stakes that you can attack for chi and you enter to a platform with 4 similar entrances from each side. You die you spawn back at one of the 4 spawns and chi up and run back. You can fly and the height was a bit more than tw height.

They even used to have an event on saturdays if i remember where chests spawn in the arena and you can dig them for prizes.

There is no bug in the arena yet it has never been opened since it was closed the first time. b:surrender
    Really? 0_o
    Well I've wasnt really interested in arena combat until I saw a couple of YuTube vids featuring that stuff. That actually sounded like fun when u have nothing to do. Why disable and not try to re-enable that?
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I remember being 5x/6x and seeing all the epic PvP wars and the level 90+ around. I remember people killing me with TT90 gear and it seemed like it was just so awesome and I wanted to get there, get to a high level with TT90 (back then was actually something) Then when I got to around 7x It just seemed to so pointless. That was just before BH and the wave of easy leveling came in and it just got so boring.

What was once an accomplishment for others is now a swipe of a credit card to others.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • combatx
    combatx Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol, just as i predicted b:chuckle

people never had to like the rpk. in fact, it doesnt matter whether or not you love it or hate it, all it takes is tolerance. it does say Lost City - PvP, so why not?

the majority thought rpkers were 'bad guys' and morally incorrect. lol.

at least now more people started viewing it as fun; part of the game even. took a while.
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    combatx wrote: »
    lol, just as i predicted b:chuckle

people never had to like the rpk. in fact, it doesnt matter whether or not you love it or hate it, all it takes is tolerance. it does say Lost City - PvP, so why not?

the majority thought rpkers were 'bad guys' and morally incorrect. lol.

at least now more people started viewing it as fun; part of the game even. took a while.
    Well it's my 1st ever MMO anything, what would I think?b:surrender

• combatx
    edited April 2010
    Well it's my 1st ever MMO anything, what would think.b:surrender

just embrace the concept, its not so bad

you wouldnt believe some of the ridiculous **** people would say sometimes

some thought i rpked because i apparently have unresolved daddy issues
    or got bullied at school
    or was going nowhere in life
    or thought i was inherently evil

usually people who thought that would reply back with some sort of deathwish
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited April 2010

What! I wish i had played when they had this sounds like fun. They should bring it back.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited April 2010

or got bullied at school

This is true but RPKers are a necessary evil. :D
    But the things people would pm you were priceless lol
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010

or got bullied at school

That is what I realized it to be as I got to higher lvls. PvP in an RPG was new to me back then, but I now I know why they did it. There was even the instance of being rpk'd by someone in the past, but later they became one of my friends. Also being in squad with these rpkers or persons from famous rpk factions also showed me that they arent so "evil-minded" as I thought they were. Since I had accepted it, I only made it my mission to not exact my revenge on all these PKers, now it's basically pointless, but to have fun taking them on in the occasional PK wars or just bumping into ones I can/cant take on easily.
    Looking at it all now, all forms of PK in LC was meant to encourage ppl to keep lvling so the could come where they could partake in it. The constant atmosphere of "fear" whenever you were outside sz helped in developing awareness and excitement of what who the next green dot on the map may be.
    It was annoying and it felt wrong but now, it's all fun :)

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    This is true but RPKers are a necessary evil. :D
    But the things people would pm you were priceless lol
    Indeed Susa, and I never QQ'd or raged at all the rpkers in PMs like so many, but instead it heightened my will to become better and stronger one day :)

• combatx
    edited April 2010
    TLooking at it all now, all forms of PK in LC was meant to encourage ppl to keep lvling so the could come where they could partake in it. The constant atmosphere of "fear" whenever you were outside sz helped in developing awareness and excitement of what who the next green dot on the map may be.
    It was annoying and it felt wrong but now, it's all fun :)

No kidding. Being 8x at fish, while tagged in ragequit was pretty rough. Had to press T every 5 seconds, even if I didnt see any green dots. Bloodlust and CQ werent the only guilds for me to be afraid of, basically anyone higher than me :P

Felt nice hitting 90 and getting out of fish. All the prior pking made me go on an *******-ish rage-pking spree thereafter... for a while
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Someone should make a version of PWI but w/o the CS and have all of the normal things that would be in the CS for sale at an NPC and get rid of the gold system. Would make things a whole lot more intresting, more fun PvP events like Scarlet Arena and **** like that.

Right now Anything > PW.

If you guys are bored with PW i suggest you try ***hole Mario, stuff is hard T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    No kidding. Being 8x at fish, while tagged in ragequit was pretty rough. Had to press T every 5 seconds, even if I didnt see any green dots. Bloodlust and CQ werent the only guilds for me to be afraid of, basically anyone higher than me :P

Felt nice hitting 90 and getting out of fish. All the prior pking made me go on an *******-ish rage-pking spree thereafter... for a while
    Lol, same here. Even now, I still press the T, but not as often as before since there's barely anyone around my quest areas.
    I'm no longer in any rush to get to 90 since now it's as easy as several FF runs without hypers, BHs and WQ for me. I wanna continue doing all my normal quests and farm my TT90 till then.
    Yet another point is that questing overall now has gotten a tad "boring" to me as well since there are rarely any PvP related interferences to give me that thrill and rush to break away a little from successfully completing my outdoor quests, yet again.b:chuckle
    Another sad fact is that even though I used to hate RQ to the core, I miss it now since all the new RPK factions are all kindergarteners with cash, and due to that fact, dont even last as long...

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Someone should make a version of PWI but w/o the CS and have all of the normal things that would be in the CS for sale at an NPC and get rid of the gold system. Would make things a whole lot more intresting, more fun PvP events like Scarlet Arena and **** like that.

Right now Anything > PW.

If you guys are bored with PW i suggest you try ***hole Mario, stuff is hard T.T
    Well this entire post imo translates to: get rid off all this OP **** that can be bought via CS and restore PWI to how it was 1 year ago, when the real players had to earn their enjoyment.b:cute

• Susamajii - Lost City
    edited April 2010

Right now Anything > PW.

I see you there Moranine b:chuckle

and I agree.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Coming from a guild that QQ's over dropping a few pots LOL. Essence QQ over anything and put a guild on KoS for it. And im pretty sure the only way to get into Essence is with Cash shopped gears? Also essence basically put all the RPK guilds on their KoS? Yeh good thread, good faction.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I'm kinda confused why essence kos'd my alts/main/what ever you want to call it guild over some 6x pots or whatever it was.

Either way, as much as I love pvp I kinda missed going to west with my 2k hp bm pking people my gear level and not getting zerged by a bunch of cash shoppers. b:laugh
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I remember lvling on bats during 6x grinding in miji in a party. Than would have to fight off the other 6x from rival factions (ragequit, bloodlust) looking to grind too xD. (Was in GiangHo and we had kos with blt for a while)

Than moved on to mountain of morning dew where Deumos and syndicate would constantly kill me cause I was squishy as hell.

Than moving on too butterflies again grinding in a party of 6 ranged classes with miji thinking this was where all the pro 8x grinded. Defending butterflies from Axident, Toad, Deumos, ASH, exarcher, high level ragequit and bloodlust and having crazy pk wars. (was in integrity and had blt as kos again xD)

Finally moving onto undines and fish where even crazier pk wars happened and biggyluv would sometimes drop aoes on my grind parties and kill us all at once. Thinking that 5% an hour with miji in a party of six was pro **** exp during 8x. And would have crazy wars at camp of intepred where sometimes harpy wraith would kill everyone xD

ahhh.... the good times...
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I remember lvling on bats during 6x grinding in miji in a party. Than would have to fight off the other 6x from rival factions (ragequit, bloodlust) looking to grind too xD. (Was in GiangHo and we had kos with blt for a while)

Than moved on to mountain of morning dew where Deumos and syndicate would constantly kill me cause I was squishy as hell.

Than moving on too butterflies again grinding in a party of 6 ranged classes with miji thinking this was where all the pro 8x grinded. Defending butterflies from Axident, Toad, Deumos, ASH, exarcher, high level ragequit and bloodlust and having crazy pk wars. (was in integrity and had blt as kos again xD)

Finally moving onto undines and fish where even crazier pk wars happened and biggyluv would sometimes drop aoes on my grind parties and kill us all at once. Thinking that 5% an hour with miji in a party of six was pro **** exp during 8x. And would have crazy wars at camp of intepred where sometimes harpy wraith would kill everyone xD

That is Lost City :)

• combatx
    edited April 2010

of course the past feels better now that it has already happened
    but at the time, you weren't as open minded

and i know, because don't forget, i was there too

the point im trying to make is that people would probably think the same way again, given another chance
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    of course the past feels better now that it has already happened
    but at the time, you weren't as open minded

and i know, because don't forget, i was there too

the point im trying to make is that people would probably think the same way again, given another chance

Yup, back than I was carebear as hell i know. I raged like the rest of them and had my fair share of trash talk. But in a game like this there has to be a bad guy and ragequit performed that role very well b:laugh

But after a while being in carebear guilds and seeing all the nonsense about honor in a videogame I just realized the other side is much better. Only thing I regret is that I didn't join ragequit back than.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Coming from a guild that QQ's over dropping a few pots LOL. Essence QQ over anything and put a guild on KoS for it. And im pretty sure the only way to get into Essence is with Cash shopped gears? Also essence basically put all the RPK guilds on their KoS? Yeh good thread, good faction.

Not sure who you are referring to about dropping pots or whatever but that is nonsense tell me who it was so I can laugh at them :3 And yes we put all rpk guild on KOS. Someone has to be the antagonist and someone has to be the protagonist. Just seems there aren't enough antagonists for the protagnists to play they're roll. And I find it funny how you are bringing factionz into this thread obviously you didn't get my point. But that's okay I don't expect anyone but the real pvpers of old to get this post anyway. I love seeing the different people posting here in currently opposing factions but all saying the same thing. :)

I love listening to the stories of BIGGY wiping grinding partys and people raging about their mijiis being wasted lol those are good times now its lets go turn on 12x hyper and sit in frost with our thumbs up our bums and get 100 in a week. No real grinding required. Pretty sad. And now that I think about it I did say that I contributed to this problem by cash shopping I admit that. Why have to bring your negativity here and post hate on the thread :o I think you might be part of the problem I am talking about. :)

Also i love how the people hating on this thread are posting from alts or not revealing their true identity.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.