Psychic Soulburn

Options
NightRage - Raging Tide
NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Suggestion Box
inb4 long winding discussion about how OP fish are when you throw money at them.

Yes, fish are overpowered. However, just one fairly reasonable request for you guys, tell me what you think.

Soulburn is not able to be purified. Why not?

Now, I do not fall for this trick any more. I am able to escape to safety until the skill wears off. It is not a problem for me. However, it functions just the same way an Assassin's escape works. Whenever they're about to die, they just cast it.

I wouldn't mind taking the hits, just to finish the kill, but this is like bramble on crack. I can kill myself in 1-3 shots.

I'm not saying nerf it, as many would. How about a simple compromise. Any 89+ will tell you that triple spark is good for more than just some extra damage. It purifies you. It can save you from an orange pair of flying $100 bills or a pair of dragons circling you like sharks in the water.

So, if not purifiable by the normal cleric skill, why not by triple spark? Discuss.
Post edited by NightRage - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It can save you from an orange pair of flying $100 bills or a pair of dragons circling you like sharks in the water.

Liking this one b:victory

And yes, there's actually no reason why it shouldn't be purifiable.
    Also, even though I think it's common knowledge, diminished vigor cannot be purified either. This makes about every tideborn debuff unable to be purified (not counting debuffs from attacks like the sin damage amp), so what's up with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so you need to learn how to duck soulburn then. it's possibly not registered for purify, why not send in a ticket about it? AND STOP calling TB OP, they arn't geeze...
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Tideborn are a broken and rushed Race, that's what's up with that.b:thanks
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:pleased That falls under the whole cannot purge Psychic buffs off them. And Soul burn is a single target cast right? other then you can't purify it with spark whats the problem? its got a 30 second cool down and a two spark casting cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Liking this one b:victory

And yes, there's actually no reason why it shouldn't be purifiable.
    Also, even though I think it's common knowledge, diminished vigor cannot be purified either. This makes about every tideborn debuff unable to be purified (not counting debuffs from attacks like the sin damage amp), so what's up with that?

I don't think making Diminished vigor purifiable would be a fair move, though. The Psy is only able to cast it on one person per 90 seconds, and they're sacrificing the ability to use Empowered Vigor for 90 seconds, too. If diminished could be purified, then it's usage would be limited. People would always opt to empower a teammate rather than curse an enemy, arguing that diminished could just be purified and it'd be a skill wasted.

The other option would be to let Clerics purify it but let Psys cast it multiple times, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Soulburn however, I'm kinda split on it. On one hand I agree it's just another debuff, on the other hand, it's different from other debuffs in that it creates a very specific link between two characters. One part of me thinks it would defeat the purpose of ever casting it (other debuffs are often accompanied by damage when casted. Soulburn is not), the other part thinks it would just have VERY limited usage to begin with. The only place I see it being used is in duels between clerics and Psys. That's it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Asazen - Raging Tide
    Asazen - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Casting cost is 1 spark.
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    actually soul burn only takes 1 spark.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Both in duels and PVP it becomes a major problem as it basically becomes a suicide to attack a high lvl psy with it on.

Oh and for the person who thinks that the fish are not OP, maybe you should wait til the sage demon skills come out, if you wanna say your not OP after that, well your nuts.
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Both in duels and PVP it becomes a major problem as it basically becomes a suicide to attack a high lvl psy with it on.

Oh and for the person who thinks that the fish are not OP, maybe you should wait til the sage demon skills come out, if you wanna say your not OP after that, well your nuts.
    Thank you.b:thanks
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't think making Diminished vigor purifiable would be a fair move, though. The Psy is only able to cast it on one person per 90 seconds, and they're sacrificing the ability to use Empowered Vigor for 90 seconds, too.

This logic is stupid. Plenty of classes have debuffs and all of them you can purify.

Purify Level 1
    Range 18.4meters
    Mana 100
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Remove all negative effects on one friendly target.

Requires 20 Chi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Anemone_ - Sanctuary
    _Anemone_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    someone already said it. soulburn would be pointless if it was purifiable. also it only does damage if u hit the person who cast it. it isn't actually a 'debuff' as it isn't affecting your stats in anyway. it costs a spark...which would be wasted if u could purify...and the cooldown is long also it is NOT easy to cast while your dueling as its cast time is 3 sec.

our buffs can't be taken off because the cooldown is too long. vengeance is a 10min cooldown. can u imagine bramble having that? most psy don't even use our 10min buff cause it takes to much mp and is a waste.

seriously stop QQ about psy when u know nothing about them. most of our skills suck for all practical purposes.
  • funkadelitsch
    funkadelitsch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Soulburn lasts for 8 seconds, smart BMs stun u longer than that and during stun u can't even cast purify or spark, now the only difference is soulburn allows u to run away till the effect is gone.
    Btw it's easy to recognize soulburn, only tide spirit + soulburn will be a threat to archers/bms. It's just another method of avoiding to get dmg, psys don't have any +pdef buff like wiz and are the most squishie arcane class. Except with white voodoo but -99 atk lvl speaks for itself. (Yeah u can white voodoo + soulburn, but if ur opponent doesn't attack it doesn't change the fact that u deal **** dmg)

But w/e that wasn't the point in the OP, some QQers just went in that direction again.

I don't think most psys would mind if Soulburn can be purified, cuz most clerics won't make it in time and against clerics he would get at least 1 time damaged when he casts purify.
    If the opponent uses triple spark u run away anyways (at least as psy xD) cuz u got enough time to do so and the wanted effect remains the same (= get some time/distance)
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Phycic Defensive Skills:

If you hit them they stun you (Soul of Stunning)
    If you hit them they silence you (Soul of Silencing)
    They are immune to all physical damage for 8 seconds (Psychic Will)
    +66 Defense levels (White Voodoo)
    Charms tick 3 seconds faster (Empowered Vigor)
    Not to mention their ability to stun targets. (Earth Vector)

I think all the self-buffs I mentioned should also be able to be purged. There just very powerful.

I think psychics can defend themselves quite well even without another 8 seconds of a spell that can kill and will stop the aggressor from attacking if he's smart.

Let's see what a wizard has

+100% Pdef (Stone Barrier)
    4 second (2 minute cooldown) sleep (Soporific Whisper)
    Movement (Distance Shrink)

Some may argue Elemental Shell, but that is 4 seconds and highly situational.

So in comparison, I think you can see why some people dislike the psychic ability to both deal amazingly high damage and defend themselves better than any other arcane class and arguably some LA/HA classes.
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Phycic Defensive Skills:

If you hit them they stun you (Soul of Stunning)
    If you hit them they silence you (Soul of Silencing)
    They are immune to all physical damage for 8 seconds (Psychic Will)
    +66 Defense levels (White Voodoo)
    Charms tick 3 seconds faster (Empowered Vigor)
    Not to mention their ability to stun targets. (Earth Vector)

I think all the self-buffs I mentioned should also be able to be purged. There just very powerful.

Soul of stunning: last for 30 seconds . . i really dont know why you would purify it of anyway, and even then the actual purify might activate it lol

Soul of Silencing: TBH this has never activated in pvp for me yet, it has a 10 minute cooldown as well so that being able to be purged/purified of would be 100% unfair.

Psychic Will: Yes a good way to save oneself, however the only classes it affects cant purify/purge anyway~so its irrevelant.

Black and White voodoo dissappear upon death, so i believe they can be removed with purify/purge?
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    someone already said it. soulburn would be pointless if it was purifiable. also it only does damage if u hit the person who cast it. it isn't actually a 'debuff' as it isn't affecting your stats in anyway. it costs a spark...which would be wasted if u could purify...and the cooldown is long also it is NOT easy to cast while your dueling as its cast time is 3 sec.

our buffs can't be taken off because the cooldown is too long. vengeance is a 10min cooldown. can u imagine bramble having that? most psy don't even use our 10min buff cause it takes to much mp and is a waste.

seriously stop QQ about psy when u know nothing about them. most of our skills suck for all practical purposes.

Wrong, learn your skills please. Soulburn causes me to take damage on any attack I do, against any player. Also any skill I use.

I attack 4x/second... so when I'm focused on another player in PK and get soulburned by a cash shopping Psychic with a crapload of soulforce, I die instantly.

Or when I go to rebuff my magic marrow, I can't or I'll take 3000 damage... I guess I could sprint away... ohh wait then ill take 3000 dmg... ohh or I can stun... and take 3000 dmg.

So when fighting a psychic 1v1 Soulburn is pretty much 8 seconds of Invuln and a 3000 damage nuke on me (I'm forced to stun... then stand still for the next 8 sec). In group PK I have to keep an eye on the Psy at all times, because if he soulburns while I'm attacking someone else. I have about .5 seconds to notice or I'm dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Soulburn is one of our most powerful skills. I am KILLING MYSELF TO GET IT, OKAY?!

And why should clerics get ANOTHER advantage over other classes? Is it not bad enough they can not only heal themselves, but one shot any noob they come across with Plume Shot, or rid themselves of any sort of Venomancer poison? It's honestly overpowered, and I for one am tired of being ganked up on by Barb/Cleric combos. ((Zulu is by far the worst about it, and you know how it is Longknife...)) Venos should have at least one skill that clerics can't debuff.

You can purify black/white voodoo. Trust me...playing on a PvP servers where half the playing clerics are out for blood will teach you that much. It also purifies Soul of Vengence, but NOT soul of Silence. (if you try to pure while it's on, you'll get silenced.) I haven't performed Soul of Retaliation yet, but when I get to it I'll let you know.

Besides....Soulburn isn't a debuff anyway....it's DoT. It's like our Sandstrap and Torrent...but stronger. It's not OUR fault your magic defense sucks.

1:It costs a CRAPLOAD of magic to cast. I'm embarassed to mention how much.

2: It has a HUGE cooldown time. All psychic skills seem to last like, about 10 minutes. It takes ages for us to cooldown, though only seconds to cast.

It's like wizards who deal huge damage for a long casting time....we're NOT OP. You wanna see OP? Talk to the clerics, or the Barbs, on the Harshlands server. THEN you can honestly talk OP. Or even better, you can cry on about how the Assassins can just pop out of nowhere and instant-kill you when you're not prepared. I won't care to mention how many times I've died @ SP because of jerks like that. That, I could certainly begin to understand complaints about.

But soulburn? that's our best attack. Period. You take that away, and you pretty much hand over things back to the Barbs, Venos, and Clerics. It's about time they make an "anti-PK" class. I'm proud to be a Psy. I actually like it better than my old cleric.

If you wanna kill a psy, get a bloody barb. Pick on noob psys. TRUST ME, we're not that strong until we hit 50...THEN you have to worry about us.
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with soulburn. It's 8 seconds of invuln as Matoko said, but then again, fist BM's are stupidly overpowered once they cash shop and get the 3.33 - 5.00 attacks per second or just farm their butts off. I know this because I played a fist BM since the server started. (82, I quit playing for a while.)

The only thing that makes the tideborn super powerful is the fact that they get attack level buffs. White voodoo, black voodoo and chill of the deep are the only single factors that make the TB so overpowered simply because of how difficult it is to raise your defense level or attack level to compensate. The stones for slots are ridiculously expensive and you can't rely on any type of charm or tome like the ones from the roll call quest. It's completely unfair that sins get a 30% attack bonus at the cost of their attack speed, which doesn't matter if you can spam skills.

With Psy's it balances them out somewhat. Sure they have 20-25% extra damage which is a lot, but their defense level falls a **** ton. They take a boat load more damage and the thing is, 1 v 1 they are powerful, but not invincible. People need to think with an open mind is all. Wanna know how to get past their 10 minute buffs that reflect on attack? Here's a small tip. For blademasters, use will before you attack. That'll cancel the stun. Carry some apot pots like soulcleans orbs or get a genie skill that'll nullify / remove the seal and you're set there. All you have to do then is beat down the poor defenseless psy. Once soulburn is hit, well, the trick is to try and not get them to activate it. Make them waste their chi, or so.

The new classes aren't invincible, they have their pit falls. People just don't know how to play the game or actually utilize their classes anymore..Seriously, theres more to combat than clicking spark, attacking or spamming dragons.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Kino I love you.....
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wrong, learn your skills please. Soulburn causes me to take damage on any attack I do, against any player. Also any skill I use.

I attack 4x/second... so when I'm focused on another player in PK and get soulburned by a cash shopping Psychic with a crapload of soulforce, I die instantly.

Or when I go to rebuff my magic marrow, I can't or I'll take 3000 damage... I guess I could sprint away... ohh wait then ill take 3000 dmg... ohh or I can stun... and take 3000 dmg.

So when fighting a psychic 1v1 Soulburn is pretty much 8 seconds of Invuln and a 3000 damage nuke on me (I'm forced to stun... then stand still for the next 8 sec). In group PK I have to keep an eye on the Psy at all times, because if he soulburns while I'm attacking someone else. I have about .5 seconds to notice or I'm dead.

Are you fighting charmed?

I've honestly never fought any "good" BM's that couldn't either see Soulburn coming from a mile away and stun me, or hasn't been able to survive the 8 seconds without using a move.

I can understand your gripes in group pvp about having it sprung on you suddenly and making mistakes because of that.

Perhaps my Soulforce is miles behind these cash shop players, but as it stands now for me the move is good when you get the chance but nothing to merit complaining by my opponents by any means.
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The new classes aren't invincible, they have their pit falls. People just don't know how to play the game or actually utilize their classes anymore..Seriously, theres more to combat than clicking spark, attacking or spamming dragons.

quite obviously, i play an archer. please explain how i should beat a sin, when he pops up next to me already triple sparked, and stuns me for 5 seconds.

or how you kill a 90+ psy with 2 second charm ticks. also, i get fairly tired of repeating this, but psy starting skills do the same dmg in half the time a wizz's skills do. ( ihavnt checked the other skills) landslide is identical to pitfal in every detail, except pitfall is dot, whereas landslide is not, and landslide gives you the knockback wizzies wish they had at that lvl
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    quite obviously, i play an archer. please explain how i should beat a sin, when he pops up next to me already triple sparked, and stuns me for 5 seconds.

or how you kill a 90+ psy with 2 second charm ticks. also, i get fairly tired of repeating this, but psy starting skills do the same dmg in half the time a wizz's skills do. ( ihavnt checked the other skills)

Well I can't help you with the sins, but with psys just use a move called Aim shot and 1 shot them.

Charms don't help much there.
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh how surprising, all the Psychics responding in this thread are saying it would be unfair to be able to purge it, and that it's not OP.

/rolleyes

But whatever. Hopefully when the Demon/Sage skills are released, some modifications are made to some skills. Not saying to nerf the hell out of sins/psys, but atm, imo, some skills could use some modifications.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

or how you kill a 90+ psy with 2 second charm ticks. also, i get fairly tired of repeating this, but psy starting skills do the same dmg in half the time a wizz's skills do. ( ihavnt checked the other skills) landslide is identical to pitfal in every detail, except pitfall is dot, whereas landslide is not, and landslide gives you the knockback wizzies wish they had at that lvl

absolute domain -> wings of grace / holy path

as for psys learn to gank. you will actually need to do that for every class endgame since all players and their mother will have 9k Pdef and hp at endgame
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

or how you kill a 90+ psy with 2 second charm ticks. also, i get fairly tired of repeating this, but psy starting skills do the same dmg in half the time a wizz's skills do. ( ihavnt checked the other skills)

It's called match ups. Some classes excel in killing a certain type of classes than they do others.

Sins excel in killing archers, clerics and any arcane wearing. Vs venos, bms' or barbs it's a very difficult and uphill fight. The best thing you do is you get the hell out of dodge when you know you can't win. It's that simple. You're an archer, so stick to things you know you can take. Clerics, blademasters (you -should- be able to take a Blademaster) and barbs. With assassins, their whole premise is stealth. People don't seem to understand this. Sins have stupidly low HP. My 76 dex build sin only has 3200 hp and EVERY piece of his gear has HP + 80 HP + 70, hell I probably have about 6-800 HP on his gear. A few icitrines here and there. The idea behind a sin is to hit and not get hit back. Kill things before they kill you.

This game isn't completely 100% fair like another game G[cough]W[cough] that has abilities for every class to take out every other class. Some simply fair better against a certain type of class. Also a 90 psy with 2 second charm tics? You're telling me empowered vigor reduces the the charm cooldown that much? Cause I say you're exagerrating on that. Maybe to 7 seconds, but if it's 2 seconds, then that needs to be tweaked and yes I would call that overpowered.

Archers vs psy is difficult. Get a genie skill that makes you immune to stun or seal if you can. Or a soulcleanse orb (The little apothecary pots that help so well that people forget.) Yes it has roughly a 2 minute cooldown, but it's nice for a quick debuff on a long recycle skill, which is what all the psychic souls are. After that, you of course stun (Never lead your attack off on a psy with a stun. That's stupid as you'll just stun yourself and put your own stun on cooldown. Lead with a normal shot, soul cleanse, then stun) and then proceed to beat them down. Theres a lot of factors of course that influence that. Reaction time of you. Reaction time of the psy, a bit of luck etc. The main thing is just to use your sparks wisely. Use one to resist spells and then slam em down. Seriously..It's not hard.

VS a Sin..

This is an uphill battle much like a sin vs a blademaster or a blademaster vs wizards / venos. If you can't get teh drop or you can't drop them in one shot, then your priority is escape. You get to a safe zone. Sins close distance which reduces your damage by half, you should know this. Furthermore they can immobilize you for 9 seconds. If that happens, wing shell or whatever that buff is called (reduces p.dmg) and hope you survive the onslaught then get outta dodge.

Edit: Aye I forgot absolute domain which helpslock a sin in place to give you a chance to either run or coutner attack.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well I can't help you with the sins, but with psys just use a move called Aim shot and 1 shot them.

Charms don't help much there.

you mean take aim? if i dont 1shot the psy, s/he just casts soulburn on me and buffs up while i debate wether i should risk killing myself for a chance to take the psy with me. Also, take aim isnt really something you can just go around casting in a fight. standing around channeling take aim for 3 seconds could get me killed
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you mean take aim? if i dont 1shot the psy, s/he just casts soulburn on me and buffs up while i debate wether i should risk killing myself for a chance to take the psy with me. Also, take aim isnt really something you can just go around casting in a fight. standing around channeling take aim for 3 seconds could get me killed

Standing around for 3 seconds casting soulburn gets me killed as well.

But I will admit the 1st person to attack between these 2 classes would have a better chance of winning. ( I suppose that's the same with all classes)
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh how surprising, all the Psychics responding in this thread are saying it would be unfair to be able to purge it, and that it's not OP.

/rolleyes

But whatever. Hopefully when the Demon/Sage skills are released, some modifications are made to some skills. Not saying to nerf the hell out of sins/psys, but atm, imo, some skills could use some modifications.

Actually it would be slightly unfair given the cooldown time they have. They'd make them useless as the moment they were put on, they'd just be stripped right off. Much with how bleed is useless. (Except flesh ream, which everyone knows is bugged)

I agree. The sage / demon skills need to be thought out carefully for the TB or they're looking at some really nasty overpowered characters. I read somewhere that sparking will force sins out of stealth in a later update, but whether that's true or not, I don't know. I for one imagine it would, and should seeing as it's a giant burst of light coming from your hcaracter. Kind of hard to stay hidden with that imo..All in all the classes need a bit of tweaking but as I stated, it's the attack level buffs that make them overpowered.

Oh and while we're discussing OPness. Venos are overpowered. Not because of flesh ream, but because without certain weaponry, unless it's been fixed, they are the -only- class capable of making sparking useless. They can just foxform and purge it off you. No other class without a shatter weapon affect can purge sparks. That's just wrong imo given how hard chi is to obtain for some classes.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    absolute domain -> wings of grace / holy path

as for psys learn to gank. you will actually need to do that for every class endgame since all players and their mother will have 9k Pdef and hp at endgame

you realize i'd need at least 111 vit on my genie to pull that off, right? to get 111 vit on a genie at my lvl

25 + 71(2) = 167 stat points. (on a discipline genie)

i'm currently lvl 82, so even if i had a perfect 80/80 genie, i'd still be 5 lvls away from that possibility.

moron
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually it would be slightly unfair given the cooldown time they have. They'd make them useless as the moment they were put on, they'd just be stripped right off. Much with how bleed is useless. (Except flesh ream, which everyone knows is bugged)

I agree. The sage / demon skills need to be thought out carefully for the TB or they're looking at some really nasty overpowered characters. I read somewhere that sparking will force sins out of stealth in a later update, but whether that's true or not, I don't know. I for one imagine it would, and should seeing as it's a giant burst of light coming from your hcaracter. Kind of hard to stay hidden with that imo..All in all the classes need a bit of tweaking but as I stated, it's the attack level buffs that make them overpowered.

Oh and while we're discussing OPness. Venos are overpowered. Not because of flesh ream, but because without certain weaponry, unless it's been fixed, they are the -only- class capable of making sparking useless. They can just foxform and purge it off you. No other class without a shatter weapon affect can purge sparks. That's just wrong imo given how hard chi is to obtain for some classes.

a sin demon sparks next to you. Even if invis drops, you're still 65 m away from being out of the sin's range. sins have 2 teleports. shadow jump (30m) and shadow teleport (35m, 3 sec stun) there is no way to outrun a sin, and they get enough chi to demon spark 4x

(sorry about double post, expected you guys to fill the gap)
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anyone remember the time when these counter class talking tards weren't around, when every class was able to kill every other class under the right circumstances?

Then all of sudden assassins came out and everyone that plays them just says 'We are your counter class, you can't expect to be able to kill everyone'.

I'm just wondering what PWE is gonna do to boost the original classes after they make 89+ Tideborn the push to win button...
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.