The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I really dig how much time and energy you've put into this idea. Very well done. I can see this matters a lot to you, too, and a lot of people (400+, from the looks of it) support you.

So again, very well done.

My vote's a yes. Not only because I see you've structured your idea clearly and thought it out, but because I'm a fan of variety. If anything Perfect World has going for it, it's that - variety. I sincerely hope the developers will notice this and give it consideration.

Cheers, mate.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i'm very suprised this thread did not die yet o.o and good ideas really. Hopefully this might be implented
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

Really appreciate these. Well I still think this race idea was worth inventing and refining and so either can be put to rest until the next greater expansion (;P) or be used as a role model for upcoming newer ideas.
  • Vallenetta - Dreamweaver
    Vallenetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This really needs to happen next expansion. I think it makes sense that as the world comes together against the wraiths that a race of darkness would arrise to help the cause against that which has caused them suffering. I almost get a feeling of these people where kidknaped and enslaved by the wraiths, darkening and twisting there humanity/souls by contact, and have now decided to rise up against them to take back their freedom.

lol I'm willing to join a petition to make this happen XD (btw did we ever get an artist to make pics?)

I like the idea of the starter outfit being bandages maybe with cuffs or something like they were enslaved by the wraiths

btw I super love the class ideas and I liked the idea of the flying mounts being chariots very unique
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What ish this NOT doing on the first page?

Slightly altered the Night Hunter Male
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Looks quite nice, Kitten b:victory

But oh lord, the poor fellow has no feet! :O

And wow, you had the 666th post! O.O
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i must say i feel like a fool for not looking at this sooner. you put alot of thought into this idea, it shows. the idea is VERY good. nothing like other new class thread i've seen. it would be an awesome twist. however, ith the addition of the earthguard i feel that there are enuf races as it is. too much of a good thing, is a bad thing. and i would think that something like this would be waaaaaaaay down on their to do list (after all, i'm sure they have their own plans they want in the game) but hey if the devs actually pick this idea up, i'll accept it with open arms it's really well developed.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Chrono here, from the depths of the rl, coming up for the last time until summer :/
    Glad to see that things are still going on w/o me.

I still think its interesting how when we started this after TB everyone was complaining that they just added a race and they don't need any more and now that Earthguard is here, everyone is fine with it... Oh well
    To me, more races= more fun :/
    Plus PW is gonna keep on adding in order to get back players and gain new ones, because its the only way they can...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
    edited March 2011
    Nope nope. I had the 665th post x3
    You haz the 666th
    That number is a lie post ha ha
    >.< I don't wanna have 666

Man I swear they stole your fighting stance idea Chrono
    And the whole summoning thing Dx

-hasn't tried them yet-

>.> I still wonder if the similarities are only coiniky-dinks
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • ChibiTiger - Lost City
    ChibiTiger - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm ChibiTiger, and I endorse this message.
    edited April 2011
    Where is everyone?
    :o
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Well, I'm here.

About the rest... dunno D:

Haven't seen neither Chrono nor Joker around these days...
  • Mighty_Bunta - Harshlands
    Mighty_Bunta - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you know, i think PWI still may bring out 2 more races some time in the future. ever noticed the area where the skill trainers are in archo? there are 2 houses on the opposite ends of the main area, space for more trainers. there is still hope that this may bome to pass
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    :/ I have exams so i haven't really been doing much of anything lately, maybe summer i come back to pw but till then....

wish u ppl the best till then

chao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Ah, then I wish you good luck, Chrono :D Do your best and see ya soon ^^
  • Ingemar - Raging Tide
    Ingemar - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a few problems with this idea.

Right now, we have the Earthguard. The one in Arch says, "Some people view us as monsters, but we are true to our hearts."

Now... if immortal beings who awaken to defend the world from evil are seen as monsters... how are the people of Arch going to look at Wraiths... even former Wraiths who are trying to escape from being so?

The way I see it, this race would have a lot of problems. People wouldn't want to sell things to them or only sell for inflated prices, and they would get attacked in Arch, or any other "good" place with guards. It might even be "open season" on them, and all players would be able to treat them like actual monsters, attacking them at will... since they more or less ARE monsters still. These would be ideas to support the concept that, although they want to be part of the good guys... they aren't, yet.

Now, I think there would also be some positive aspects to this as well. Wraiths would act favorably to them (since it's not like every Wraith knows what they're thinking). Any Wraith or monster lower in level than they are would ignore them completely unless they get attacked. This means being able to wander around the map freely unless you attack something, or are in an area that has monsters stronger than you. This would make them excellent farmers and miners, so it would actually be a double bonus and provide a nice boost to the in game economy at the same time.

Other than that, I think this is an interesting idea.
  • MoonlightSan - Lost City
    MoonlightSan - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    Well the other side will be opened eventually, why not start? Anyways, what about a race that is darker than any of the other races. Perhaps a race that was part of the Wraiths that are fighting for their humanity. No one knows of the race because they just parted from the other wraits and are still trying to decide right from wrong.

Stop scrolling. Just click it: http://thcursed.weebly.com/ <---- You know you want to.

Add this to your signature:

Every race has a dark side, be prepared to take the full power of the Cursed - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132

General:

Story

[Territory] Whispering Sands

[Main City] City of Utopia

An ancient city, sunken into the sands. It contains hopes and dreams of the Cursed to one day seperate themselves from the nasty wraiths they once called their brothers. It is still in the building process, looking ruined with ruins, caves, and sandy temples, there the Cursed are spending their time building their new home.

Territory Description:

-Waterfall of Fallen Dreams

-Barrow Cemetery
    This place is where the Cursed buried their friends and family. This is also the place where the rest of the Cursed chose wraith ways over humanity. (Filled with wraiths and damned souls)

-Yin Yang Realm (Fb 19)
    The Cursed now has the choose between right or wrong. Defeat the monsterous beast Aktu (Gargoyle? Undead creature?). Aktu will try to persuade you to go to the evil side. You must destroy him and bring back the bag of souls he has taken.

-The Dunes

The starter place of the Cursed. Scorpions, rattle snakes, and ant lions dwell there as lv1/lv2 monsters.

-Sandstorm Village

-Sunken Hopes

A sandy beach that contains a wrecked ship trapped in sand from long ago. It is also beside a montain called Sandy Falls due to the continuos rain of sand pouring from the edge.

-Pan Gu's Hatred

A sacred place that shows evidence of the flood (Grand Canyon like).

[Mount] Soul Link:

Vulture's Wagon (1.0 ms)
    A giant vulture... surrounded by pest fog, flies and such... (Carries the character on a wrecked wagon behind it.)

Reaper's Boat (2.0 ms)
    A regular grim reaper with an oar in it's hands, rowing inside the boat (Carries the character in the boat)

Azrael's Cloud (2.5ms)
    An archangel of death (=> fully black armoured knight (female/male) with closed visor and giant black wings (Carries the character on a dark cloud behind it.)

Raphael's Cloud (2.5ms)
    Same like Azrael's, only the "good" version => white wings, golden/blue eyes, white armour (Carries the character on a fluffy white cloud behind it.)

Pegasus's Chariot (3.0ms)
    A mighty winged horse with flames on its hoves and wings pulling a chariot in the sky (Carries the player in the chariot behind it.)

Chained Ghuan (3.5ms)
    A ghost in shackles connected to a flaoting piece of rock (upside down mountain?) (Carries the player on the updie down mountain)

[Meditation] Arms folded, eyes closed, dark fog surrounds them, and appearance changes (Like Tideborn but fitting to the race)

[Eye Color] Naturally Red/Yellow

[Skin] Pale and tanned

[Face Appearance] Fangs when smiling

[Hand Appearance] Claws

[Character Creation] Customization

Classes

Night Hunter [Vampire?]

Appearance: Night Hunter Prototype (Female) Night Hunter Prototype (Male)

Armor: Light/Heavy

Armor Appearance: Black/Dark color

Weapon: Whip (Made of Dark Energy), Double Whip, Nunchucks, Armblades (Double), and Jygens [Have a split skill tree: Light/Heavy Tree & Defense Tree]

Description:

The Night Hunter came from the wraiths, but have been given the freedom of choice. This class of the Cursed is a melee class that deals in magnificent combat. Night Hunters have tricks up their sleeves to cause an opponent's downfall, especially when they can summon their own to the playing field. Their attacks are quick and deadly. If you are in their way, you better make way.

Skills:

-Scourge

Lv: 1
    Requisite Cultivation: Spiritual Initiate
    Weapon: Melee, Barehand
    Description: A bite that causes the target to bleed and deals # damage

-Bloodshed

Lv: 45
    Cost: Mana drain
    Requisite Cultivation: Aware of Discord
    Description: Slice through the air with incredible speed, attacking all enemies within a 10 meter radius. Deals base damage plus 1% of weapon damage every 20 mana points. Also adds # damage.

-Calm Night

Cost: Chi/Spark
    Description: Takes a random negative effect off a friendly target upon success.
    Some effect can not be removed.

-Call for the Grim

Cost: Chi
    Description: When health is half-way or lower, summons a great wraith (Depends on location: Air, land, water) to the player's side. The wraith will attack until health is full. If the pet happens to die it will take # mana from owner to auto-revive it.
    Note: It will be set to an all-class setting for other times in gameplay.
    2nd Note: Can not be healed by Venomancers.

-Dark Bite

Cost: Chi?
    Description: Takes a bite out of the opponent, making bleed damage and transferring health to oneself.
    Leveled skill determines amount of damage and health gain.

Special Quests:

-Level 8

Name: Loyalty
    Description: You must learn loyalty before recieving it. Upon completing this quest, you are ready to gain a great ally that will be there when you are in trouble.

Reward:

3 choices of pets [Exclusive to this class]
    These will be available if pet bag is open.
    The first one in pet bag or the one in hotkey will be auto-summoned upon pressing Call of the Grim

One of each:

Air

-Blazing Dragon egg

-Vicious Bat egg

Land [Recommended (For starters)]

-Dark Saber egg

-Razor Chain egg

Water

-Wrath-filled Shark egg

-Squid of Abomination egg

Shadow Specter [Zombie/Spirit?]

Armor: Arcane

Starter Outfit Appearance: Female Male

Weapon: Blindfold
    Ammunition - Small soul fragments (Animation: Five small flames twirling in a vertical circle in hand/Throws one upon every spell cast)
    Without Ammunition - Magic Attack is less (Animation: Hands face down with strings dangling from palm/Does same hand motion as with ammo upon casting)

Description:

One class of the Cursed race is the Shadow Specter. They have evolved from the wraiths and are tested between right from wrong constantly. They are impressive when it comes to dark magic. This class is known for their charms and enchantments. The Shadow Specter contains the ability to walk pass a wraith without being harmed if they are in their "wraith-like" state and also the ability to heal upon sacrificing their own blood. Cross them and you are in for many curses.

Skills:

-Dark Illusion

Cost: Chi drain
    Description: Turns into a wraith-like state with the ability to not gain aggro. Wraiths higher level than player's current level are uneffected by the illusion.

-Dark Whisper

Cost: Mana
    Description: Creates a dark aura around friends. Deflects magical attacks given by attackers. Reduction varies on leveled skill.

-Magical Mirror

Cost: Spark/Magic
    Description: Makes a mirror for # seconds and if hit by an opponent, reflects full/half/part of attack damage to them plus #% of your magic damage.

-Friendly Swap

Cost: Magic
    Description: Tranfers friend's mp to hp if friendly target's health is low.

-Shadow Gaze

Description: Stuns/Silences the opponent for # seconds upon success.

-Pulling Strings

Cost: Magic/Chi?
    Description: Sends threads of string around all enemies, immobolizing them for # seconds within a # radius.

-Quicksand

Description: Calls on the earth and does # earth damage.

-Blood Share

Cost: Magic & Hp
    Description: Sacrifice # hp from oneself to heal a friendly target by #. The amount of hp sacrificed will lower upon leveld skill.
    Note: Can not be used on oneself.

-Dark Ritual

Cost: Magic & Hp
    Description: Sacrifice half/part of your hp to ressurect a friendly target. The amount of hp sacrificed will lower upon leveld skill.
    Note: Can not be used on oneself.

-Dark Call

Description: Call on the darkness within to heal oneself by #.

Feel free to add guysb:victory
    NO! NO NO NO! we have enough races already! i didn't even master the earthguards yet...
  • Sarix - Raging Tide
    Sarix - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i like your idea
    about this its great.... but i have an idea about the meditation when they meditate the character is lifted up by darkness and are held by chains like cuffs on the wrist n ankles then two chains goin across their body. and they are lookin down toward the ground also there r little spirits or ghost floatin around them in a dark fogb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    NO! NO NO NO! we have enough races already! i didn't even master the earthguards yet...

Huh... do you realise you quoted a post more than one year old? This was made waaaaaaaaaaay before EGs came to light in PWC.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Huh... do you realise you quoted a post more than one year old? This was made waaaaaaaaaaay before EGs came to light in PWC.

^ This.

I'm putting a bounty on everyone who dares to quote the first post ever again. Seriously.

As always, thanks for supporting! b:victory

@Sarix
    Your meditation idea is quite nice. I can't exactly recall what meditation pose we agreed on in the end, but I think it was something similar...
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i have to say i missed my turn by a couple of pages.......and I agree with silvychar that meditation idea is great.

I still hope this can be made into a new race.

Just a question to add more debth to this race. each race has its own backround on the character selection screen. what will this one's be? FIre and brimstone? lol

Maybe we should try to come up with something

well bye for now

hopefully i'll be on more with summer coming.
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    IM BACKKK

tho technically i still have 2 more exams but meh

good news, ish, coming back to pw : D

so how are all u pplzz

and how is the race coming along
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Welcome back!

And well... the Cursed topic is kinda dead. But hey, we came that far. b:victory
  • Drsok - Harshlands
    Drsok - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In stead of the night hunter you suggested how about a dervish but in a darker form.

http://www.gwpvx.com/images/b/b7/Isis_Shadows.jpg

Dervish is basicaly a light armor scythe class. It has high dph, self buffs, and a few good aoe attacks. The scythes are really hard hitting like a bow or pole ax but about the same speed as pole axes, pikes, ect.

There a class that has a tansformation mode but it only last 10-15 secs its kinda like a spark but its diffrent. Sparks are more of X ammount of dammage for X ammout of time and if demon or sage and additional attack speed or deff.

Transformations are like a self buff that last only 20 sec to about 2 mins through leveling skill and are affected by the path you take.

There is bacicaly 5 paths which you can choose to follow which are Balthazar, Dwayna, Grenth, Lyssa, and Melandru.

Balthazar- avatar of fire and war (pwi wise fire and physical)

Dwayna- avatar of live and healing (shes basicaly light) (pwi wise metal)

Grenth- avatar of death and destruction (dark) (pwi wise physical or something like soul force possibly some dot attack)

Lyssa- avatar of lighting(metal) and haste (pwi wise she is metal)

Melandru- avatar of nature and growing (pwi wise she is wood and earth)

I hope this sounds like a good alternative class ^_^
    edited July 2011
    No, no die
    Dx
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • lamesquiirelel
    lamesquiirelel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    sounds awfully like Forsaken World (kindred race)
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    You know what? Our race is much much older than Forsaken World itself, ijs.
    They just stole our ideas... b:surrender
    edited July 2011
    -nod nod-
    Look at the time before you say a word
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited July 2011
    -coughs-
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • RKH - Harshlands
    RKH - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I say this is a good idea. And I was hoping for possibly a similar class to the dervish and seer in GW. Well laid out and complex suggestion. I like it! Hope PWI considers it.
This discussion has been closed.