The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As a reminder, NH skill tree is split into 3, Rage, common(available to both) and Guard/Defence.

Was it? -has already forgot 60% of the NH and SS skills and builds QQ-
    But yes to Rage Stance restricted to Jin NHs and Defense to Jyg NH...

It would be really nice if the weapon page would be corrected and updated^^
    Jinen : Whip (Made of Dark Energy), Dual Whip, Nunchucks, glove to throw stars/knives
    Jygen: Shield, Boomerang(roughly size of body), lance and shield? bo? great/broad sword?
    Dual Armblades were which now..?

Posting the stuff we cleared up until now (darn it, didn't find the post...):

Jinen: Whips (containing single whips and double whips), nunchucks, ...
    Jygen/Jygan/Jygean (how to write it?!): Armblades, Shields, Ironfans, Boomerang

Someone has to crawl back into the depths of the thread and seek for the required information o_o

Your pet idea (in relation with the stances) sounds nice, I'd be fine with that.
    But about the part with the ability of venos to heal/rezz NH pets... and vice versa...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    correct speeling is Jygen i believe
    So no lance amd shield, bo staff, or great/broad sword. I particularly like the great sword idea. A sword thats large, heavy, slow and you can block with. eg. http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/N/Ninja%20Blade/Everything%20Else/Weapons%20Abilities%20Exclusive/stonerenderfinished--article_image.jpg or http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/e/ef/TenebraLS.png or http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100206174743/monsterhunter/images/thumb/c/c9/LionsBane.png/625px-LionsBane.png

and for pets, idea number 1 or idea number 2?

I wanted veno heal/rez pet vice versa because itd promote veno nh teams and teamwork. maybe rez is too much tho. So just heal then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Alright. Just heals then.

And I love those badass swords you posted... buuuuuut keep in mind that we can't add to many weapons o_O That would be kinda unfair^^

Well, if I were to choose.... idea number 2, makes it more equal to SS and e voila, we've got a racial skill (soul collecting + that soul chi bar).
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Well its not that many weapons.... look at blade masters, they have about 5+ weapons they can use with skills. wizzies and clerics have 4 ... okay... well they don't have all that many.. but venos can use wtv they want o.o I think......... they have 4 as a mage and anything they want as a fox? right?

but still.... 4 each path for nh : D, or maybe put iron fans and boomerangs together.
    btw how are boomerangs thrown if they are thrown, and what about the fans.

Okay how about a new weapon for some classes like archers, eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlatl and nuchuks useable with assassins skills too?

Great swords are a must D:

And idea number 2 it is then. Looks like joker updated the site. But i don't get what he has there for pet skills and the whip thing. and he left out the third tree for common skills to both rage/jinen and defence/jygen paths. Also he needs to finish updating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Venos can't use any weapon they like in foxform o_O
    They need magic weapons otherwise they can't use skills/can't even transform... or use shattered weapons (at 0 durability) and repair those in fox form... but then they can't use skills/ pop out of fox form. <- exploit...

4 weapons for each build of NHs. Alright, but no more mkay?

Let's add those badass broad swords to Jinen NHs (let's list them as Cleavers okay? Because "sword" would mess up with the actual sword branch....)

Or what about 3 types for each path...? Minus the boomerang... (there wouldn't have been a variety of those anyway)

About weapons for other classes... this is the Cursed race thread ;)
    Or are we going to plan a full packed expansion?= (would be of my taste somehow)
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    okayyyyyy lets see

Jinen: whips, nunchuks, Gloves to throw stars/knives[insert cool name here]
    Jygen: shields, arm blades and cleavers

Im still considering shield and sword though....
    but like putting them together as one weapon for simplicity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Throwing Kunais and Shuriken is such a rip-off... we don't want to make NH look like little ninja rip-offs... QQ

And besides.... gloves would need ammunition... that leads too far...

-is for war fans-
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    D: but trowing stars are funnnnn plus its not like we'll find a class or weapon that no other game haz.... then ammunition sruff just stay like arrows....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I thought throwing stars were for assassian fish.
    Juuga Jugga.
    The broadswords sound nice. Necro name for self revive will be nice. Reminds me of necroing a thread so give it a thirty minute limit for use again along with experience loss. Remember if the person's experience is zero then using the skill won't be a problem along with having thousands upon thousands of gardian angels. I mean guardian scrolls.
    The header is 952 x 221 pixels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    stars for fishies instead works too
    : D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • jokerxdude
    edited October 2010
    Lol
    Oh! I got an idea!
    Instead of experience, spirit, and money that was for the Lochmurs, this race can introduce new weapons for all upon completing the quest of the Travelers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Drake_Nexus - Lost City
    Drake_Nexus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That sounds epic i want it i want it now b:thanks
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Holy **** Batman lol but yea brilliant idea joker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the header size info, Joker ^^

That reward sounds neat! But can we has money too please? Pretty please? Money is always cool. Especially for poor people tired of -20% DQ item profit grinder and non-cash-shopper.

Definition of "new weapons", do we have to invent new weapons for EVERY class? o_o
    Or can we restrict it to those throwing stuff weapons...?
  • DeepBurned - Heavens Tear
    DeepBurned - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hi guys, maybe you remember me.
    I quited the game few months ago.... But i still like this idea, if ever this comes in, im immedately online :)
  • voidmasters
    voidmasters Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i hope they do add your race in you put a lot of work into it and it would be a shame for it to go to waste you got my vote for it bro plus i love playing the darker side of things
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    @DeepBurned
    haha me too, but I wouldn't say I quit, more like on an extended break if you catch my drift o.o
    void ninja'd me ... so i had to edit and put the '@DeepBurned'....

But yea id be a jyg NH with a shield and id want to throw stars on mah sin b:laugh

hmm how would throwing stars work... that'd mean new skill set for atks and same buffs and stuff. OR Just allowing the only skills that can be done with throwing be buff and that one ranged move, and tele and stuff of course.

Oh joker, yah made a mistake.

Jinen(light, req dex): whips(dual & single wield), nunchucks
    Jygen(heavy, req str): Cleavers, shields, armblades
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Don't always leave iron fans out, Chrono QQ >,.<
    I'm fighting for equality between Jyg and Jin NHs!

And... forget new skills for sins >:| As if they're not overpowered enough. And they already got that totally *** throw dagger skill -remembers the accidentally set up snowman event and those annoying sins with their stupid dagger skill-

And besides of that weapon mistake on the page... the structure should be different I think...
    Or at least put the 'Mount' category out of the 'Classes' ... ^^
    And a separate page of each weapon/armour for NH/SS would also be better...

-Random statistics of the day-

Did you know that the Cursed Race thread is the fourth most viewed thread in the Suggestion Box excluding the stickies?
    And that it is the second thread beside the already dead Suggestion Compilation thread with the most replies? ~ atm 557+
    And of course it's the most detailed and long-lived new race thread ever.

-End of statistics-
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Awesome!

Some suggestions: (i did not read everything)

- Add wraith form. They transform into bad, bloodthirsty monsters (regular wraith, xD). So melee class could tank meaning we could choose form 2 tank classes. Mage would change to aoe form or something while human would be single target?

- weapon for melee: Vigorian flail or my favorite Kusarigama, as it is like reaper's scythe.

- weapon for mage: as they are dark, i'd say epitaphs (=sign of death). so skulls or sculpures of death people, similar to atifacts of the tides, just the dark version
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    ^ well we already have a wraith mode for SS that make them blend in with mobs and then possess them by using another move with it. And that idea seems like beast possession mode or wtv its called in Requi....

@silvy
    equality between jyg and jin O.o, The iron fans are whatd make it unequal lol cause we'd have more weapons for jygs, not that i have a prob w/ that :D.. hmm i think we're forgeting a weap for jins.

And for the throwing for sins, we can make it so they can use the same skills but maybe stars and those stuff are either weaker or slower or sumn to even the range benefit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this sounds like a corny cross between the recent h0m0 vampire fad and mass effect 2's geth back story. i would just have to disapprove sadly. i mean, id be all for your classic necromancer/warlock-y kind of characters, but this ties nothing in with the mythosof the game or its origin. it just sounds like a blatent give in to trends already popular, and that's just something we don't need in a game. (especially when it could be a blatent reason to be called a wow clone) good luck though?
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Avryll: Just go to hell and stay there. Your input is not desired here.
  • jokerxdude
    edited October 2010
    this sounds like a corny cross between the recent h0m0 vampire fad and mass effect 2's geth back story. i would just have to disapprove sadly. i mean, id be all for your classic necromancer/warlock-y kind of characters, but this ties nothing in with the mythosof the game or its origin. it just sounds like a blatent give in to trends already popular, and that's just something we don't need in a game. (especially when it could be a blatent reason to be called a wow clone) good luck though?

This. Nuff said.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Go here

Coming Soon...
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    This. Nuff said.b:bye
    zombie, big whoop, erery culture has them, even ones older than china. still has nothing to do with story or mythos of the game, and more like a rip off of 2 currently popular stories.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Joker you disappear then reappear like omg. Pics for both things are coming...eventually. It's good practice for mez :3 so I'm getting better as I do it. Should I color the mobs or just leave them white and black? O.o

I'm going to play some pwi again and level to my lovely 105 waiting for me on the other side. I know I stopped but I can get back in the groove. I hope this race comes out. So much work was put into it.

The SS and NH are considered like exiled beings by PanGu. You read the story on the site and it explains it.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Yaay, artwork. As for colouring the mobs... don't colour it yet please, we might be vote on possible colours once we know what we're facing^^

@Avryll (don't circumvent your forum ban please ^.^)

So you're missing the connection to the Chinese mythology. Now, my dearest friend, you may tell me how Tideborns connect to it. And Winged Elves. And Untamed.

Rip-offs, hum? C'est la vie, brother, you could basically consider everything as a rip-off.
    And come on. PWi itself is already a rip-off. Just take a look on all those "assassin" skills and compare them to a rogue.

Btw. now you're pissed off and flame around, because you failed at your Moderator Application since Mr. Raye figured out who you were? Poor ^.^

@silvy
    equality between jyg and jin O.o, The iron fans are whatd make it unequal lol cause we'd have more weapons for jygs, not that i have a prob w/ that :D.. hmm i think we're forgeting a weap for jins.

Sorry, but I ever considered double whips and single whips as one weapon type...
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ugh, whyd you bring that **** on a shoe book up? -throws up- But I did enjoy Let Me In ^_____________^ Greatest vamp movie I've seen thus far. kitty was pleased.

No color gotcha.

Whips and double whips would be seperate like sowrd and double sword I thought.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    OOOOHHHHHHH : O
    now it makes sense Silvy

and to just add a couple more comments on avryll's post.
    1stly.... how are they not tied in they are ******* wraiths... if Cursed arnt connected then neither are wraiths.... which would mean again that your statement is invalid.

2ndly everything is basically a ripoff, which mmo do you not see a 'warrior' or 'healer' or 'archer'.. srsly.... We have night hunters which arnt hunters, arnt warriors or rogues. Thats as original as it gets. and I don't know of another game where the class can possess mobs....

3rdly this isn't isnt a vamp fad thing, plus i do believe you make a successful product following trends and statistics and adapting to customer likes etc.... Who in the right mind is gonna make something nobody likes saying its original. Sure you gotta stray from the pack to differentiate your product from others and give a reason for ppl to choose your product over others. And thats exactly what we do.

lastly... you don't give criticism without valid suggestions.. especially not biased criticism.
    You my friend have failed. try again ( but not really...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Thats as original as it gets. and I don't know of another game where the class can possess mobs....

I do, I do! xD W o W ... I think at least Priests can control mobs and even players in PvP.

Whips and double whips would be seperate like sowrd and double sword I thought.

Hmm... okay.... buuuuut ... if you think a bit over double whips... they're totally ghay. D:
    I mean PWE for sure employs programming monkeys... and the outcome wouldn't be that great... imagine a character holding 2 whips in both hands... when that character is attacking, those whips would be synchro... (or not), not even speaking of the non-fighting animation... And who would fight with two whips anyway... Not even my friend Google can show me any pictures... I'd rather fight with one whip and a sword o_o

Just my two cents ^^
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'd say Burning Chain whip with spikes!

(Castlevania, just in case you wouldn't know =))
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
This discussion has been closed.