The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• emodarkwolf
    emodarkwolf Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like the idea, but that skill to revive, I think it shouldn't exist, cause revive skill it's a mark of clerics...

Your drawns.. Could be much better xD
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like the idea, but that skill to revive, I think it shouldn't exist, cause revive skill it's a mark of clerics...

Your drawns.. Could be much better xD

Draw better art if you can... The only thing that counts is the time invested in this race idea and the eager to bring something creative to life.

About the revive skill... wouldn't a healer without a revive skill be quite useless? Just pointing this out.
  • SquirrelVeno - Lost City
    SquirrelVeno - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    For the weapon the could have talons like early posts.Instead you could have the talons change over time(as you get new weapons).
    Have the talons get bigger and begin to glow.

http://www.iwokrama.org/forest/images/talons.jpg
  • NiokoSan - Archosaur
    NiokoSan - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    yea, really good idea, those tide are fast bored acterly, only there mobs look awsome, hope this 1 will also come, i wish it so, and, the story will just become more intresting, btw maby with mixes of races (like untamed x winged elfes, already dreamed of that..o.o)

GREEZZTTTTTT...!!!!!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wow... its pretty much been ages since i last came on this thread, or anything to do with pwe in general... Sorry bout that.

But I gotta say, some great ideas here. The aura flying mount = epic .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Still among the living, eh, Chrono?^^

So I guess we need a lil update on the page.
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol everything i sdark this dark that, does ever suggestion or poll like this have to be made by an emo or a vampire/twilight fanatic?

I got a razor and a pistol in my bag, which would the emo like to kill himself with. b:chuckle
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Draw better art if you can... The only thing that counts is the time invested in this race idea and the eager to bring something creative to life.

About the revive skill... wouldn't a healer without a revive skill be quite useless? Just pointing this out.

About the draws, I was refering to the guy who had this idea xD
    But I can try draw something, I read a big part of what people wrote in here, and i had some ideas, but idk if someone has already had an idea for the weapons, i had one...

Another healer class?!! :S
    Till now in pw there's no classes that have the same powers or functions.. Maybe the blademaster and the barbarian are similar because also of the weapons, but aren't the same... :\

Hey, btw, i'm emodarkwolf xD
    And sorry for the bad english :\
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Oh okay, well Joker didn't actually draw anything. He only modified some armour pieces once...^^

And well it would be great if you draw something, artists are very welcome.
    For the weapons, we've put up weapon sets for each class, maybe you should browse our page there you'll find it faster than in the forums^^
    Sorry for maybe sounding so rude in my previous post though^^

Well up until now there always has been a lack of tankers and healers in game, that's why we thought of a new tank/summoner and healer class. It would make game play easier I believe, since you don't have to look hours for a cleric/barb to go on any run.
    But hey, clerics and Shadow Specters ain't in no ways the same, for specters have a mana aura skill and such...^^
  • TwiztidPain - Harshlands
    TwiztidPain - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i think they should just put guns in the game <_< have manual aim
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    How about adding flame throwers and such stuff, too?

No seriously... guns don't really fit into this game... b:shocked
    Although we finally found a solution with those gun staffs... o_o
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    Scarlettie - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    jokerxdude wrote: »

Stop scrolling. Just click it: http://thcursed.weebly.com/ <---- You know you want to.

Great post man, really, very impressive work. I would love to see something like this, I would play them in a heartbeat.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Great post man, really, very impressive work. I would love to see something like this, I would play them in a heartbeat.

Posts* guys*

But thanks for liking the Cursed. b:bye
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    Scarlettie - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Posts* guys*

But thanks for liking the Cursed. b:bye
    Oh, sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone out! Truly, this is impressive work, if I was the PW dev's I would be worried about my job! b:chuckle
  • vuce
    vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh, sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone out! Truly, this is impressive work, if I was the PW dev's I would be worried about my job! b:chuckle

Agreed, this is indie game material.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Hmhm, thanks...

Is it just me or did I hear something drip...?
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    so ummm random bump : D

sigh i missed the 2 year veteran thing by like a months or so

Anyways, SS are way diff from the cleric waaaay, with their possession and stuff.
    I was thinking... maybe they could have a move where they revive themselves but lose more experience. and exp loss goes to normal at max. And maybe to make it more balanced, they have to kill a certain amount of mobs ( with the excuse that yours collecting their souls or something) .

Ok here's the idea, the move would 1st be a buff, when used, you'll be able to 'collect souls'. So you kill a set amount of mobs specified by the skill (lessens as you lvl it) then when your done, the skill will light up or change or something and you are given the ability to trade the collected souls for your own (revive yourself). With the experience penalty mentioned above.

So now the primary use of SS would be a healer or a cleric support, to for example, clean up squad wipes. They would revive themselves then the cleric so the cleric can revive the rest.

So tell me what you think and suggestions on how the skill could be changed for the better etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    so ummm random bump : D

sigh i missed the 2 year veteran thing by like a months or so

Anyways, SS are way diff from the cleric waaaay, with their possession and stuff.
    I was thinking... maybe they could have a move where they revive themselves but lose more experience. and exp loss goes to normal at max. And maybe to make it more balanced, they have to kill a certain amount of mobs ( with the excuse that yours collecting their souls or something) .

Ok here's the idea, the move would 1st be a buff, when used, you'll be able to 'collect souls'. So you kill a set amount of mobs specified by the skill (lessens as you lvl it) then when your done, the skill will light up or change or something and you are given the ability to trade the collected souls for your own (revive yourself). With the experience penalty mentioned above.

So now the primary use of SS would be a healer or a cleric support, to for example, clean up squad wipes. They would revive themselves then the cleric so the cleric can revive the rest.

So tell me what you think and suggestions on how the skill could be changed for the better etc.

First thing that came to my mind: WoW, sounds like that Soul Stone skill of warlocks.

Anyway... hmmm a self-resurrection skill? Personally I've nothing against such a skill.
    On the other hand ... *shivers when thinking of the huge amount of QQ by clerics and non-clerics* Brrr... o_o

I'm not quite getting what you mean by such a "developing skill"...
    So I was thinking, maybe there could be like two different skills. One for collecting those souls from any mob (maybe adding something like another chi bar exclusive for SS in purple; that skill could be like a DoT with a minor change of getting a bit of "soul chi"... like 10% or so)... and with a full soul chi bar you could activate the self-resurrection skill when you've died. The experience penalty you mentioned seems fine to me. Maybe adding a 2hrs cooldown to the skill helps as well, and the SS being in a "paralysed" status for 2 minutes after resurrecting could be okay too.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Also.. never played WoW so i dunno, well not long enough anyways.

hmm 2 skills huh, sounds like a good idea. but 2 hrs cooldown o.o along with having to collect souls and xp loss.... then again how many time will your squad get wiped in 2 hours... unless dey n00b o.o Maybe a short cooldown though, like 30 mins. paralyze would be okay but then you'd prolly just get killed again lol... maybe a short curse, like slowed movement speed or something.

The cooldown, is for the revive skill right, cause itd be nice to still be able to collect the souls even if you can't use the revive skill. Also, you could make the souls needed for other skill maybe perhaps the revive other ppl skill. And the buff into a passive that you get a lvl 9 maybe? and perhaps make it just like the chi where it increases at certain sp culties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    so ummm random necro : D

fixed... >.>
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Wolfsters - Heavens Tear
    Wolfsters - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    its been probably a month and a hlaf till i had last checked anything related to pwi.

I am glad to see all of the replies this thread has gotten. I believe that this is the longest going race thread, and i hope it continues.

I also like the fact that joker put a note on the flying mount page. My Idea might actually happen :)
    b:victoryb:laughb:laughb:victory

join the new cursed race

you'll love it

i would put a url in but it wont let me
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    RUBBISH

Fixed.
    Check the dates mkay? This thread was never dead =D

but 2 hrs cooldown o.o along with having to collect souls and xp loss.... then again how many time will your squad get wiped in 2 hours... unless dey n00b o.o Maybe a short cooldown though, like 30 mins. paralyze would be okay but then you'd prolly just get killed again lol... maybe a short curse, like slowed movement speed or something.

Eh, yeah lol, you're right, maybe 2 hours is a bit... exaggerated... 30 minutes sounds fine to me. Well about paralysing... should also be fine since who would resurrect himself in a crowded place of mobs? o.o
    Decreased Movement speed, channeling speed, attack speed, decreased hp+mp, decreased accuracy + evasion, lowered magic+physical defense.... how does that sound as Paralyse Curse? ^^

And yeah the cooldown was meant for the revive skill.
    About the "soul chi bar" used for the normal rezz... that's cool.
    I am glad to see all of the replies this thread has gotten. I believe that this is the longest going race thread, and i hope it continues.

It really is the longest and most detailed race thread ^^
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Also.. never played WoW so i dunno, well not long enough anyways.

hmm 2 skills huh, sounds like a good idea. but 2 hrs cooldown o.o along with having to collect souls and xp loss.... then again how many time will your squad get wiped in 2 hours... unless dey n00b o.o Maybe a short cooldown though, like 30 mins. paralyze would be okay but then you'd prolly just get killed again lol... maybe a short curse, like slowed movement speed or something.

The cooldown, is for the revive skill right, cause itd be nice to still be able to collect the souls even if you can't use the revive skill. Also, you could make the souls needed for other skill maybe perhaps the revive other ppl skill. And the buff into a passive that you get a lvl 9 maybe? and perhaps make it just like the chi where it increases at certain sp culties.

Not knocking your idea. It's a very nice one, but you must consider PWE not putting it in due to the ressurection scrolls. Though the cooldown of one hour sounds nice, make it like the teleport. =P Think of a name and everything and I'll put it up, ok?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    hmmm 'Undead'? 'Necromancy'? nah that more works for the revive other ppl skill. Im not too good with the naming thing...

I don't think the resurrection scrolls will be a problem because basically for the SS it would be a decision of wasting money or wasting xp.

and thats quite a lot of debuffs silvy lol. maybe just the speed one like reduced movement speed, attacking speed channeling speed.
    Plus hp and mp would already be low.... Ive never heard of magic atks missing tho O.o and i doubt evasion would make much of a diff for a caster class. as for phys def .. i dunno...

Though more importantly.... how long should it last... 5mins + seems like over kill since alot can happen in 5mins. so im think 60 secs? or maybe less.

oh and I think that the SS rez other ppl skill ( i'll call it necro for now to distinguish it ) should have a decently longer cooldown than the clerics to still promote clerics and maybe suggest having both.

I was also thinking.. a throwing weapon for the NH, I just always wanted a class with throwing weapons and i was hoping the assassin class would have that. But hey, NH, they are hunters and hunters use a variety of weapons...
    Ok so you'd have a glove(that allows you to throw) and throwing knives, stars, balls etc. I know im copying from another game here but hey, good ideas are meant to be copied right....

My ideal squad of 6: jyg NH, SS, cleric, veno, sin/archer, bm.
    Supposing we get a squad increase to 8
    Ideal squad of 8: jyg NH, barb, SS, veno, sin, archer/bm, wizzy, cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Oh right... resurrection scrolls... *slaps head* How could I forgot those?

Anyway...

I believe one cannot have enough debuffs! >:D
    Well okay... what about having some of my listed debuffs but the curse lasts only for 30 seconds? (forget the - evasion stuff)
    Or 15... but I'd like 30 better... It would limit the general usage and prevent abuse (like in PvP, it would ruin the game even more if SS could rezz themselves without a more severe penalty beside exp loss)
    I thought of maybe giving the curse also a good side like critical hit rate raised by 25% or so... but that would be way too imbalanced.
    About a name for that self-resurrect skill... How about... 'Cursed Gift' ?
    Like it's a gift given by Pan Gu himself when the Cursed were still the purest and most loved race of him... And well... cursed because of the enormous penalty Curse...^^

About the "Necro" skill... 1 hour cooldown is too long and so is 30 minutes. I know, SS shouldn't replace clerics, but we don't want to rely that much on them... And a supporter/healer class with such a long cool down of a resurrection skill is just... pretty useless :/ 15 minutes cool down at max. I think. And with every level of that skill the cool down gets decreased by like one minute. Makes it 5 minute cool down at level 10. Doesn't that sound fair?
    A name... 'Necromancer Breath' ?

The "Soul Chi collecting" DoT/skill could be named... 'Soul Chi Collector Skill'... no kidding xD
    'Soul Embracing' ?

Moar weapons? D:
    How about adding throwing weapons as general weapons for every class (not really necessary, but fun to use)?
    And to prevent adding to much different throwing weapons... let every grade be some other kind of weapon type (like the stuff you've listed Chrono) Yay for Shuriken and Kunais... ^^
    I call that "Next Generation Luring after Veno pulls and Genie luring..." ...

Hehe and my ideal squad would be:
    SS, Jyn NH, veno, Jyg NH and another Jyn NH/veno
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    o.o 1hr.. lol i didn't mean that long, I was thinking like 5 mins or less maybe 1min or 30 secs that seems good for necro.

30 secs is good for the self rez debuffs.

the names for the skills need to be something that is catchy or can be shortened, like rez for cleric. Necromancer breath would be okay supposing they call it necro or something. But i dunno what for the self rez.

As for the throwing weapons, thatd be okay. it should use dex, that't give sins a nice lil weapon to use instead of bows. As well as a nice weapon for nh. Plus more weapons mean a greater diversity in playing styles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Hm well...

The only possible names that come to my mind are...

Self-Resurrection

and

Resurrection

o,.o

Plain and simple o.O

I mean... isn't it basically wayne what those skills are called since everyone would call them rezz and self-rezz anyway?
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    o.o your here?! as in nao?!

well i guess so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Sooo...

now this is almost talked through.... how about giving the cursed page a new layout and stuff? At least some cool new header would be nice... what size does a header can have on weebly pages?
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    yea new layout and info update so on...
    joker...... where are you.......

maybe we should make a blog o.o

As a reminder, NH skill tree is split into 3, Rage, common(available to both) and Guard/Defence.
    Im wondering nao whether rage should be jinen weapons only and guard be jygen weapons only or not. Seems like an interesting idea.
    It would be nice to be able to do both regardless of weapon. But if so, There would be added rage stats on jinen weapons and added guard stats on jygen weapons.
    The lweapons under each needs to be compiled so please aid in that effort.

Jinen : Whip (Made of Dark Energy), Dual Whip, Nunchucks, glove to throw stars/knives
    Jygen: Shield, Boomerang(roughly size of body), lance and shield? bo? great/broad sword?
    Dual Armblades were which now..?

Now, going over NH pet and stances/modes.
    Main pet idea - NH pet is similar to veno pets however. NH cannot tame pets, they get a set of pets(air pet, land pet, water pet in each set) and the NH is given a choice of which set , of which only 1 can be used at a time. Pets are like normal common pets whe summoned until they are activated for command. The pets change at each sp cult achieved and they can be customized with equipment. Venos can heal, revive NH pets and vice-versa. To revive a pet, a revive skill must be used and the pet haz to be activated for command again.

Idea no. 1 - The NH pet can always be summoned however it requires 99 chi to be able to command it. So w/o this, one cannot tell the pet, atk this or that or to defend etc.

Idea no. 2 - The NH, like the SS, would require a set aomunt of souls to be able to command the pet. The soul collect is set up just like with the SS were there is a passive buff to collect souls and a separate soul chi bar.

The pet can only be used in normal mode and when the NH switches to rage and guard mode, the pet is sacrificed and pets attributes add to the NH's atk and to the Nh's defence respectively.

long post is long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
This discussion has been closed.