Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thank you Sehiel :D
  • Incarnazeus - Sanctuary
    Incarnazeus - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I guess everyone has already grown bored of the Cursed...? Activity goes to 0%. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Nah, just pissed at PWE for the moment.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Seradar - Sanctuary
    Seradar - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This Sounds Like an Amazing Idea. I hope PWI Takes it

P.S.If they don't take it I an Beginning to design an MMO and your Idea sounds great.b:pleased
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Seradar.

Lol, Kitten. Well, I pretty dislike PWI atm (<- rarely play...), and still...
    Ignoring the fact that this is PWI (not completely ignoring of course...) owned by PWE, I still have fun inventing a race. Ah well, anyway let's keep the thread and idea alive until the motivation comes back. If not, let's go to the concurrence.
  • Incarnazeus - Sanctuary
    Incarnazeus - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    8 supports til now. Hmm....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfsters - Heavens Tear
    Wolfsters - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    anyway im going to add something to the forum instead of just talking and bumping it.

i saw a picture of a katara and thought that it might help for the looks.

http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a468/geniusspawn/?action=view&current=katar2.jpg
    b:victoryb:laughb:laughb:victory

join the new cursed race

you'll love it

i would put a url in but it wont let me
  • _Montgomery_ - Archosaur
    _Montgomery_ - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The introduction of the Tideborn (of Finned Elves as I like to call them) gave us another light melee and another dd caster. I think we need other options for tank class and healer class. Also, a summoner class that isn't all female like Venos. I was thinking maybe some kind of zombie or undead. Maybe fewer and fewer elves are being born with the skills to become Clerics and the war with the Wraiths has forced the Elves to consider doing something repulsive to survive: raise dead clerics back to "life". Or plant people. A tree person can tank and the vine one can heal. The game does lack Wood based skills. Or a Necromancer that can "tame" animals and summon their undead form. Could result in some interesting art-work.
    The Cursed? Another mage and light melee? Sounds like gothic Tideborns. Do we need 3 mage classes and 3 light melee classes?
    ***Out of the 4 current races, only 2 classes can reasonably use heavy armor. Between BM and Barbs, only the barb is designed to be a tank. Clerics are the only reliable healers. Both these classes are in high demand in any party situation. Please, PWI, give us another tank and another healer!!!
    As far as Wraith races, Taurocs or Adawolves as playable classes would be cool.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Uhm... yeah, Montgomery, that was basically what we were talking about the whole time.
    Except that stuff with undead clerics and such... and plant people.

And Wolfsters, nice Katars, I wasn't quite sure what they looked like.
    And pssst, don't use the evil word starting with b. It's even against the forum ToS to do so b:laugh As if anyone would care... especially in the Suggestion Box. . .
    And to add the link to the forum to your signature, just leave out the "http://&quot; b:victory

EDIT:

To the one above me: You might consider reading the first page, the Cursed website and maybe even ALL posts in this threads. I think you've got something wrong =)
    Shadow Specter: Healer - Night Hunter: Summoner/Tank.
    edited August 2010
    Maybe I should read the threads. Even if it sounds suspiciously like work. I'm not sure I understand the whole "soul ammo" idea for the healer class. How about a different way to use chi? Chars get chi when they kill mobs. Maybe the Cursed use chi as a death energy. Maybe their healing uses chi and future chi. They accumulate a chi debt that they have to make up for or something bad starts to happen to them. Do the NH tame regular mobs or earns pets by defeating bosses?
    edited August 2010
    I really like this idea, i just think it has a few kinks to iron out.

1. I dont think anyone besides venos should have pets. So maybe just something like a spirit that protects them. A soul or something. Looking like a cool black or white cloud, depending on how that person is handling humanity? Like red names. The person's protecting cloud going black. Along those lines. Just an idea.

2. Orbs? As a magic classes weapon? Isnt that a little TOO close to the psychic? I like the blindfold thing. Stick with that. And maybe to cast certain spells, they take the blindfold off and their eyes like glow for the spell.

3. I think you need to put in a little more thought about the mounts. Beasts are really an Untamed thing, and the wing idea is already done with two races. My suggestion is that they could rise up on a cloud of smoke or dark aura or something along those lines.

Orbs are too much like soul-spheres. Why can't the arcane class just use regular arcane weapons? The Tideborn developed in a completely different environment which is why they have unique weapon requirements. How about mystical skulls as weapons? Different ones can be mounted on staffs or swung on chains or float. Unless, the Cursed are somehow tied into the Tideborn story. I read something about how the Tideborn have an ongoing fight with the undead. Venos specialize in summoning but another class that could also summon, even in a limited fashion, would be cool. A summoner class that isn't all female would be great. How many venos are actually guys? I think mounts could be open to lots of interesting possibilities. I liked the mist idea. Or even a mist of bones that orbits them as they fly. Beasts of night, like bats or owls or even rats, would be cool. Or flying tombstones. Wings would be cool too, but not just only wings. Maybe a combination of race restricted flying methods. A flying boat made of bones? Skeletal wings? Giant flying roach? Black and green glowing mist? Lots of great possibilities.
    edited August 2010
    Hmm hmm... Ying Yang.... dunno if that fits to the Cursed :/ Hmmmm

Well, they are either Wraiths seeking redemption or we should be able to play on the Wraith side of the conflict. Redemption opens up a lot of good plot possibilities. Playing as the Wraith would be cool, but would require a lot of work for the designers. That could make TW even more interesting. The decor of a city could change if it's under Wraith control. It's FTP, so they're not hiring scads of designers that would be needed to make a huge Wraith expansion possible. Ok, so the Cursed are dark. Do they revel in it or are they working to better themselves? If they're going to be working with humans, elves and untamed to fight the Wraith, they must have some redeeming features.
    edited August 2010
    Ah well, clouds and even our new idea, the waggon thingies are somehow... weird... Those chariots would be a bit too big I think :/

The untamed have some huge mounts.
    (Totally off subject: It would be so cool for a class that can control mobs without being a summoner. Like sow confusion, make mobs attack each other. I was hoping for that in psychics but that didn't happen. It would make NH too powerful though.)
    edited August 2010
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    I'm very happy to see that this is still active and keeps gaining a lot of peoples' interest.

I developed a customization for them. Well... more of a template/idea.

They should have a skin option that allows for different states of decay. I know some people don't want to make them ugly- want them to be sparkley vampires- but I'm thinking more like decaying zombie.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah well, scythes are all cool and that, but they're already in game as "Poleweapon" ...

Assassins specialize in daggers, Barbs in axe, why not have them specialize in pole-weapons. I haven't read everything in this extremely long and detailed thread (congratz btw on stirring up so much interest), but... If they were formerly Wraith guardians, using poleaxes (for the melee class) would be natural.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    NH are versatile in the fact that they can choose to be a dd or a tank and effective at both.
    They are also a summoner class but more limited than venos.

SS are healers with a good amount of curses and support skills. And they have the special ability to possess a mob.
    Their weapons: Faith(blindfold), Gunstaff.

Prolly the best idea for their mounts is coffins and then carriages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I've got another idea for flying mounts b:surrender

How about shadow/mist creatures which are a bit transparent, containing the Cursed character (which has the same pose as Winged Elves without wings)? Like this, just in cool.

In other words an aura with an actual shape, e.g. a black eagle, some white bird, a bat, a dragon, some insect... with different colours, different glow effects/sparkling or so, fog, dust...

Would be hard to fight while flying with the shape blocking some sight, but I guess players could get used to it...
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I like how this new class suggestion is like the only one that reached very far in support rather than getting brushed off to the side on the first page. The idea seems very good, I like the thought of a wraith like class but one problem. Where to put all the new areas for the classv it can't be like a little box comming off the map like the TB area. Being that its a desert we gotta make room near that desert area where those really strong mobs are :o
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited August 2010
    like an arurathat make them fly?

this has been suggested in this thread,

by me infact

and i agree with you :)

join the new cursed race

you'll love it

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Meh, yes I know it has been suggested ;)

But not auras with an actual shape, or? If not, then blame me ^.^

Anyway... there's so much you can make out of such shaped auras actually o.o
    Phoenix auras........
    edited August 2010
    Don't the TB wings already look like wing-shaped auras? I know what you mean though. I agree an aura that surrounds the player might make aerial combat more challenging. That would also be completely new. Untamed and humans stand on something to fly while elves and TB are carried by wings on their backs. It would probably be easier to patch new graphic over one of these styles. So the flying aura would work more like winged flight? I mean, as far as mechanics go.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Don't the TB wings already look like wing-shaped auras? I know what you mean though. I agree an aura that surrounds the player might make aerial combat more challenging. That would also be completely new. Untamed and humans stand on something to fly while elves and TB are carried by wings on their backs. It would probably be easier to patch new graphic over one of these styles. So the flying aura would work more like winged flight? I mean, as far as mechanics go.

Mostly, yes. Basically you've got the character in the same pose as Winged Elves without wings while flying, inside the aura-mount, which flaps with its wings like a normal Untamed Swiftshadow for example.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Could the NH tank be a mounted tank? They could be the only class that can fight from atop a mount, maybe getting bonuses from mounted combat. There could be class / race restricted mounts for them. BTW, I would love your feed-back on the plant people idea I posted
    edited August 2010
    maybe instead of an aruara surrounding us naybe me would turn into gaseous state and be the aruara ourselfs b:laugh

join the new cursed race

you'll love it

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe the aura can move like a shadow ( smooth black smoke), and have burning eye. b:chuckle
    Em . . just me or night fall seem like a horse for these cursed race b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited August 2010
    81 people? I smell alts.

But I like that possess mount thing. Sounds totally cool. So a spirit thing. We can still call it a soul link. So it'll look kinda like a DragonballZ/ Naruto-Fox thingy. So have it outlined with the spirit's shape like in the pic a fox... with wings? Transparent and around the char not taking up the whole screen.

Faith? I <3 the name for the blindfold. Not too complicated and cute. ^^
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Woah Kitten, I've been looking for a good example for the aura shapes, and didn't find any T.T (ah... well I searched for Shaman King so... no wonders), good job :D
    Could the NH tank be a mounted tank? They could be the only class that can fight from atop a mount, maybe getting bonuses from mounted combat. There could be class / race restricted mounts for them. BTW, I would love your feed-back on the plant people idea I posted

Commented your idea. About the mounted tank, I'd say nope, we shouldn't change so much in the game and it would imbalance the already imbalanced things more...^^

About gas morphes... There's the thing with the variety again... And how does something gaseous hold weapons/females/whatever? ^^
    edited August 2010
    And how does something gaseous hold weapons/females/whatever? ^^

Oro? xDDDDD
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Lol... but that doesn't count :P
  • Crazy_Catz - Heavens Tear
    Crazy_Catz - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Crazy_Catz: Everyone go and vote yes for The Cursed!
    Elloz! My name iz Crazy_Catz and I LOVE the idea of a new race, a well designed one!
    The Cursed! w00t that one was a good idea! WAY TO GO JOKER!!b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.