New Website and Feedback

Options

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hate to say this, and Xarfox knows me well enough to know I mean it from when he worked over at gala.net and banned me from their forums for reaming the gms/developers over there...

I have watched and for the most part supported PWI. Love the game, have a lot of fun in it, and enjoy trolling the forums as well. But these forums in the last hour, have given me a splitting headache, as well as severe eyestrain and my computer room is bright and sunny with a south facing window getting the evening sun.

Whoever made the choice to go with this... design... if it can even be called that, is an absolute moron without the slightest shred of taste and understanding of good forum layout.

Like Gala (which I stopped supporting after their idiocy became rampant with some of their games), PWI has gone from decent, to progressively worse and player/user input be damned. The forum re-design for me is literally about all I can deal with from you guys.

I had thought you were at least on one level, semi professional. But the new design is an amateur **** job at best. White on white with blue headers? WTF were you thinking? Or were you simply NOT thinking and had your heads up your asses again?

Coupled with all the other **** I have for the most part kept my mouth shut on, I think it is time I simply close the PWI forums, and not bother to look back at them again. I couldn't care less if you ban my characters at this point. You guys have done a seriously **** poor job this time.

White on white.. seriously.... that is as amateurish as it gets.

~Saitada
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hey, where is the clock ??? no i don't like this at all
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hmm what about this version........don't listen to it for to long you'll go mad and your brain amy melt
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ew
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please do not make this thread into a discussion about our current CM or any previous ones. Keep on topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please do not make this thread into a discussion about our current CM or any previous ones. Keep on topic.

Actually, that discussion would be completely on-topic.

The new website layout is directly related to our new CM, as far as I am concerned.

I'd love to hear how you think it isn't. As far as I understand it, the CM is in direct control of running/policing the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

The new website layout is directly related to our new CM, as far as I am concerned.

I'd love to hear how you think it isn't. As far as I understand it, the CM is in direct control of running/policing the forums.
    lets look at it this way, lets be glad frankie is taking the time to recieve our input, and actually allowing us to propose ideas on how the forum could look. that correlates directly to your theory, and complements it well. this may be an ushering of a new dynasty to lead to PWI's golden age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    Biafra - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

the topic is the layout itself, not why the layout is the way it is, or who made it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For on its wing was dark alloy
    And as it fluttered--fell
    An essence--powerful to destroy
    A soul that knew it well."

Edgar Allen Poe "The Happiest Day"
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ow ow ow ow ow this hurts my eyes fix it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Two words...

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the topic is the layout itself, not why the layout is the way it is, or who made it.

That is exactly my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lets look at it this way, lets be glad frankie is taking the time to recieve our input, and actually allowing us to propose ideas on how the forum could look. that correlates directly to your theory, and complements it well. this may be an ushering of a new dynasty to lead to PWI's golden age.

As far as the forum goes sure. PWE has made it clear they couldn't care less what their players OR their GMs say tho.

Isn't that the point? The layout IS the forum. The forum is the responsibility of the CM. When a new CM waits several weeks to do anything of the forum and that thing he decides to do is to make it look like Reading Ron crapped out a smurf . . . yeah - it's on topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    FatherTed please just stop. Neither the GM's nor any of us Mods will argue about this one. Get back on topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    FatherTed, I stole one of your phrases as siggie, let me know if you mind.

Btw, this is what I think about the new layout and some other forum lurker

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6969512&postcount=41

Now, off to bed, this horrid design gave me a headache.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Isn't that the point? The layout IS the forum. The forum is the responsibility of the CM. When a new CM waits several weeks to do anything of the forum and that thing he decides to do is to make it look like Reading Ron crapped out a smurf . . . yeah - it's on topic.

there is a link yes, but it is not the same topic.

like soil and a rose.

despite a link between the two, two different topics.

again, this is about the layout itself, not why it is the way it is, or who made it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    Options
    I may be representing myself poorly, so I'm sorry.

I'm just trying to examine not only why the forum looks so horrible atm, but WHO allowed the forum to look so bad.

Someone made the decision to make the forums look like this, after weeks of not even glancing at the forums.

That's my big point. I honestly feel the state of these forums is genuinely bad for PWE atm. I repeat - the lack of moderation on these forum is driving people away. I know the volunteer mods are doing what they can, but as far as a CM doing anything . . . we get a god awful new layout . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Main website feels like yahoo, cluttered and disconnected, with little to no realevence, with useless garbage. Forums are too bright, had to turn down monitor brightness to 10%, so I dont go crazy.
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I may be representing myself poorly, so I'm sorry.

I'm just trying to examine not only why the forum looks so horrible atm, but WHO allowed the forum to look so bad.

Someone made the decision to make the forums look like this, after weeks of not even glancing at the forums.

That's my big point. I honestly feel the state of these forums is genuinely bad for PWE atm. I repeat - the lack of moderation on thee forum i driving people away. I know the volunteer mods are doing what they can, but as far as a CM doing anything . . . we get a god awful new layout . . .

Well im not a huge fan of them either, but the fact they are making the new design user choice is pretty cool and I think Frankie deserves some credit for that, that isnt the way it normally happens here.

I agree with the recent moderation though but as aryannamage stated there will be more mods soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. It wasn't Frankierayes decision at all this came from high up.

2. If you look at the other stickys Frankie is trying to help by going with user suggestions this forum is still a work in progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jyre - Harshlands
    Jyre - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What was wrong with the previous layout? I doubt anyone was complaining ... though that has already changed swiftly.
    Jyre for Hire!
    *Out To Lunch* sign.
    Well, ... sometimes. b:quiet
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey Guys,

As you may have noticed, the entire website has been revamped! Make sure to clear your cache and reset your browser so that it all shows up properly.

Also, make sure to check out the new Fan Content page, where you guys can submit your own screen shots, wallpapers, and fan art!

Let us know how you feel about all this, and we hope you continue to enjoy the PWE experience!

b:thanks

very nice work O_O

i do like!

just curious if its normal for my web browser (firefox) should take so long to update itself to the new site?

like images and stuff (i did clear the "recent history->everything" data)
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I seriously looked a the page and thought I was on some other crappy site haha.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    very nice work O_O

i do like!

just curious if its normal for my web browser (firefox) should take so long to update itself to the new site?

like images and stuff (i did clear the "recent history->everything" data)

Hello Mr. Not-on-msn.

You are in the minority. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well im not a huge fan of them either, but the fact they are making the new design user choice is pretty cool and I think Frankie deserves some credit for that, that isnt the way it normally happens here.

I agree with the recent moderation though but as aryannamage stated there will be more mods soon.

I also respect Frank for asking for opinions - there's no doubt there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I also respect Frank for asking for opinions - there's no doubt there.

Your signature looks interesting with a white background. Kinda jazzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984
    Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984 Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe go for a darker blue water theme..?

anything but this merci b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    愛してる。。。いつも
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hello Mr. Not-on-msn.

You are in the minority. b:surrender

Meaine! That's why I wuv chu.

Still, I think this is the result of a monster eating blueberries, milk and a few fish people, and then using its barf as layout.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Meaine! That's why I wuv chu.

Still, I think this is the result of a monster eating blueberries, milk and a few fish people, and then using its barf as layout.

Alex knows I b:heart him, otherwise I wouldn't be so straightforward about it, rofl.

I don't even mind the layout so much. I'm not bothered by how aesthetically pleasing it is...just change the white. Please. If that was ALL they did I would be perfectly happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alex knows I b:heart him, otherwise I wouldn't be so straightforward about it, rofl.

I don't even mind the layout so much. I'm not bothered by how aesthetically unpleasing it is...just change the white. Please. If that was ALL they did I would be perfectly happy.

There, fixed your message for you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @Aadi- haiiiii

@FatherTed- i agree with aadi, your siggy pic looks cool on the white background
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...