New Website and Feedback

Options

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Band-aids on the shark-bite, so to speak. It's still pathetic ****-work for a supposedly "professional" company.

b:sadCan I has a band-aid to I seem to be eating my mouth againb:cry
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Needs more light blue and less gray. Still better than the dark emo colors of the last one.

I am afraid I am going to bite you for that comment doll
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    Biafra - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok so Im ganna give something more then a " ugh i hate this " or post **** -_-.

The white doesnt work well with the forum, the light blue adds to the whites brightness, but the rim of the forum isnt that bad and its nice to see something other then the same old design.

Im all for updating the forum, it worked well the last time that was done. The biggest issue is the lightness too it, change that and Im sure there will be a little more support, im not a fan of the generic white forum designs either, but I do support a new design, again its jus far too bright and a little lacking in overall design.

the tideborns homeland leaves alot to be imagined, so a theme based off it isnt a bad idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For on its wing was dark alloy
    And as it fluttered--fell
    An essence--powerful to destroy
    A soul that knew it well."

Edgar Allen Poe "The Happiest Day"
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like how I have now tried to PM 5 different GMs and every one led me to an 'Invalid Username' error.

It's bad enough they are letting the forums go basically unmoderated - now they make those same forums look like they were designed by a smurf. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Furfuf - Lost City
    Furfuf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Has anyone said anything good about it yet? Not that there is anything good to say about it. Its like lemons in my eyes... or maybe pan galactic gargle blaster that got mixed wrong.
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:laughI feel better taking out my BEAR aggression. Lame joke i know but suck it.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This layout is absolutely, gut-wrenchingly horrendous. Well, it's not THAT bad. Just wayyyy to bright for a website you're going to spending more than 20 seconds looking at.

Btw, where are the player rankings now?
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    everyone, they r allowing people to aid in redesigning forums, so stop flaming, and help fix it. btw old design is not a suggestion =\
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I refuse to troll this this this .... THING of a forum b:angry .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There's only one good thing about it.
    b:surrender <-look, no more white pixels.

Yeah. That's the only thing.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I used to think that this forum was well designed and stylized.

Now it's just ****.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Srsly this game is supposed to bring in gamers, gamers live in basements and have no life so their eyes can't stand bright color, please if you want gamers and not preppy high school kids change it back.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me want old forum back. less bright.
  • Eritheia - Lost City
    Eritheia - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, and guys..Look what you did to my beautiful thread. b:angry I'm now starting to hate you..And I spent money on one of your games!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=630211

Why PWE! Why!!!!!!!! b:infuriated
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Srsly this game is supposed to bring in gamers, gamers live in basements and have no life so their eyes can't stand bright color, please if you want gamers and not preppy high school kids change it back.

I live in my living roomb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Less flaming and more creative minds please! ;)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=634261
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide
    Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Omg you CANNOT be serious about keeping it this way? Why fix something that isn't broken. This is.. just sad. No offence to whoever made the skin but - it sucks.

agree b:shutup
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hmm, this got me thinking a bit. This is pretty much a controversial tabloid newspaper thought but here goes.

I've always associated the feeling and atmosphere of a video game, especialy MMORPGS, with the website of the company. The website gives you a first impression on how the game is. Is it for fun and light gameplay, or a hardcore game, or casual? The page on E.S.O is light, colorful and fun, the game has a similar feeling. the J.D. page has a lot of emphasis on artwork with scenery and a more serious tone than E.S.O. Jade Dynasty looks pretty similar to the artwork in the website. Now, PWI had its Tideborn expansion, they're supposed to be a battered aquatic race that is trying to rebuild its civilization and its fighting to hang on. The scenery of in the Tideborn areas is pretty dark with neon colors, and it looks great! But here we have bright perky happy-go-lucky blue, and white colors that dosen't really reflect the atmosphere of these new areas, or even the game itself. Perhaps PWE is trying to change the tone of PWI starting with the new website?

In conclusion, I'm trying to point out that the new tone of the website is dosen't have a similar feeling when you're playing in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I figured out what the black bar on top of my screen is used for next to my pix of my avatar and Edit Your Avatar line...

Note: I use Firefox and use stuff like addd-ons Adblock Plus

It shows as black is because they are adds...

I dislike adds for 2 basic reasons.

1) I don't like adds on a page of an official website/forum UNLESS they clearly support the Publishers merchandise.
    2) Adds are served by others then PWI itself I would imagion within that add-section. Now this in itself is a security risk considering that some of those adds could have malformed content in them making a drive-by attack possible on less then up-to-date computers.

Bad show PWI.. Bad indeed.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Already more mod posts in this thread than the rest of the forum in the last two weeks . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Already more mod posts in this thread than the rest of the forum in the last two weeks . . .

Personally I wasn't on the last week or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    Biafra - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

everyone should pay attention to this and either do something or wait for some one else too.

theres no more milk left to cry over now.

just a thought..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For on its wing was dark alloy
    And as it fluttered--fell
    An essence--powerful to destroy
    A soul that knew it well."

Edgar Allen Poe "The Happiest Day"
  • Kiowa - Raging Tide
    Kiowa - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh come on people, the new design is not that bad. I was getting a little bored with that old one anyway lol b:victory
    Native Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Strawberry for the awesome signature.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    whats wrong with yall O_o; this is easier on my eyes, the dark broody colors were such a drag and made things hard to read because they blended so much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Is that a way to have us to design a new layout for free when the page was just fine as it was? b:surrender

Btw, my creativity is fine, but my designing skills utterly sux, so, I am not going to do it.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zuenzu - Sanctuary
    Zuenzu - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ... I don't know if it's been said before, not gonna read through 30 pages full of posts, but the Avatars and buttons don't match at ALL with the new style... It's like they just said, "hey, lets get a generic **** skin, throw it in and say revamped!" Or something along those lines....

EDIT: Ok, as soon as I posted this, the buttons actually changed... Except the EDIT button.

EDIT 2: Ok, as soon as I did edit 1, they fixed that...
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It should show everyone that the current coloursheme is a work in progress. Things will change just give the admins a chance please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To much brightness please hurry and fix itb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ITS BRIGHT AND COLORFUL AND I LIKE IT. DONT CHANGE IT, **** THESE GUYS O:<!!!!!!!!

seriously, the OLD one hurtmy eyes, this is nice and fresh. all the emo forum goers must be sad its not dark and dreary anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kiowa - Raging Tide
    Kiowa - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A awesome shade of purple would be nice, like the Psychic tideborn on one of the wallpapers.
    Native Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Strawberry for the awesome signature.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hate it.

-Too bright.
    -Avatars no longer match the skin of the site.
    -Looks like that of a guildie forum.
    -TB background is fugly
    -The site looks way too plain now..