Sins and Psys

Options

Comments

• DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sigh.

And if you read last posts you will see that you can counter sleep and escape stealth has a long cooldown so sins cant keep popping in and out of it.

yeah they can... a sin today pops out of stealth pops me 2-3 times with crits kills me and as soon as i go down goes invis. How is 2-3 sin attacks not a long time?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    90 seconds be pretty short
    and if one can manage to get a charm to tick every 90 seconds...
    that be ANNOYING AS HECK.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    90 seconds be pretty short
    and if one can manage to get a charm to tick every 90 seconds...
    that be ANNOYING AS HECK.
    b:chuckle

No more annoying than being smacked by a range class who then runs to SZ
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No more annoying than being smacked by a range class who then runs to SZ

except that stealth = guaranteed to escape...
    and it be like a SZ anywhere...even out of SZ
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah they can... a sin today pops out of stealth pops me 2-3 times with crits kills me and as soon as i go down goes invis. How is 2-3 sin attacks not a long time?

So your story has changed.

How can you target a stealthed sin if you are dead?

The sin was using normal stealth before the fight started and didnt use escape stealth till the fight was over so he was not popping in and out of stealth.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Again... you haven't fought a higher level sin. They go invis permanently. theres no waiting for them to come out of it. Theres no way of hitting them before they go into it (if they're smart)

you gotta suck if u cant get a hit in before sin go stealth.
    from sin click force stealth to they cant be target is 3,5 seconds. if your channeling a spell it will still hit sin in invis.
    Was in DT on my 85 sin. yes it CAN down ppl fast, but wizzies 1 shot me on a bid / bt example cos of **** def on la. if your unlucky with the focused mind and doesnt block dmg to 1 now and then then u die FAST too. killed clerics up to 100 in DT, wizzies almsot able beat down as 100 with +8 lunar. but you know what. sin die just as fast as any other class.
    only reason i had a chance against these ppl and killed 100 cleric is they'r unexperienced pvp against a sin. dunno what to do and as cleric your not gonna out heal the dmg a sin do.

most your statements fail. play a sin to 80+ and do DT pk etc, u'll see its not so op. true u can do rly nice dmg to la/arcane, but u take a huge load of dmg too both phys and magic, and rly low hp.
    sin is not supposed to go pwn everyone in range. but go sneak and take 1 out then get away again. by nerf the skills u call "op" you would ruin the whole purpose of a sin, cos if u not was able get away in stealth, not being able to freeze and so. then it would jsut be like a LA bm lol.

I really think you should stop posting, cos u obviously havent been trying to look for counters.
    awareness potions from ragind tides and vacuity powders would be GG sin.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

could be doing it in slow-mo, nah seriously 2-3 hits and your dead? get better gear and pawn his **** next time. (and use fox form) and use genie\apoth pots to counter stealth\sleep\stun.

problem solved

btw every class can 1 hit another class given the right circumstancies (cant spell it, too long a word) but dosnt mean there OP. could just be luck or skill or heavy cash shopper.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BIDS? BT?
    25% chance to resist them both.

(so me prefer sutra combo)
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightwhisper - Harshlands
    Nightwhisper - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm just gonna put this out there... LA gives the same resistances at AA. If you don't believe try adding the values up and comparing. The difference in squishyness is that dex gives no added defense to armor while magic, vit, and str all give additional defense. These stats act as a multiplier of of the armor defense, once again play around with PW calculator to see for your self if you don't believe.

Most archers go pure dex, which is why they QQ about being the squishiest class - not because they use light armor. Indecently they don't have any reliable self buffs to increase there defenses.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Uhg heart... im talking 1v1 pvp not DT or anything like that. If you are 1v1 vs a sin its ridiculously hard to kill them. If you are 2v1 vs ANY class its easy to kill. However in the sin's case youre either super high lvl or youre dead which is def overpowered in the 1v1 pvp setting.

And waffle, my story never changed i have no clue what youre talking about. The sin def comes out of some sort of stealth (idk if they have 2 or what youre reffering to) and then he popped right back into stealth. There was no seeing him anywhere outside of safezone unless he was attacking me or my friend.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Don't be scared of numbers Hamsta.If you ahve the time launch the bids on them arses.With whatever class I am playing if I'm beeing hit by something i either holy path away and start the fight while i already know what you are and what to use or stun you and do the same cept for the running.If I get one shotted out of nowhere i don't ask why.And don't come tell me they have deaden nerves and all becasue at max level it has 3 mins cooldown.same for force stealth with 90 secs.plenty of time to kill him.And no battles last more than 20 secs btwn DDs,unless they both suck.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Don't be scared of numbers Hamsta.If you ahve the time launch the bids on them arses.With whatever class I am playing if I'm beeing hit by something i either holy path away and start the fight while i already know what you are and what to use or stun you and do the same cept for the running.If I get one shotted out of nowhere i don't ask why.And don't come tell me they have deaden nerves and all becasue at max level it has 3 mins cooldown.same for force stealth with 90 secs.plenty of time to kill him.And no battles last more than 20 secs btwn DDs,unless they both suck.

eh?
    me use the sutra instead of a 1 shot ulti on them because it be more likely to keel them if me catch them off guard.
    (since sutra will bypass both their 25% chance to resist + their deaden nerve.)

and me are not willing to use up 1% of me noob power every time just to make sure me BIDS doesn't miss + for their deaden nerve to be off....
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options

And waffle, my story never changed i have no clue what youre talking about. The sin def comes out of some sort of stealth (idk if they have 2 or what youre reffering to) and then he popped right back into stealth. There was no seeing him anywhere outside of safezone unless he was attacking me or my friend.

Yes sins have two stealth skills.

1: Stealth, cant be used in combat so as soon as sin attacks he loses stealth and cant use it again till out of combat mode.

2: Escape stealth can be used at any time but has a long cooldown so sin cant hit a couple of times, escape stealth, hit a couple of times and escape stealth again.

You should really research apoc before QQ as there ARE ways to counter stealth or are you to lazy to find out for yourself and QQ so others will tell you how to play your class against others?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Another My < Insert class > cant face roll its way to being top PvP dog anymore so < Insert new class > must be OPed.

If Sins are OPed, then any class that is able to kill them (that would be all by the way ) must be Godlike.

Read the whole thread and just seems people are to lazy to learn new tactics to kill the new classes. You cant treat the Sin the same as a BM or the Phys like a Wiz and expect to still win.

Would be boring if the game was static and didnt have to learn new skills.

Evolve or die

or as happens more often than not

Evolve or QQ about it
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You guys are putting me to sleep with your repetative sayings. The fact is you dont have to be an apoc, bs, tailor, or craftsman to be able to kill any other class. But now you have to be a apoc to kill sins apparently. Or rely on people who overprice their items to have something to kill them. The GMs are always looking for a way to money sink coins, so why not have something at the npcs that you can get instead of putting more money into the market.

Theres tons of reasons why they should put in more countermeasures vs the sins. And the psys still need their aggro fixed. night flamers. keep warm, theres a cold front movin through.b:bye
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ask any assassin or role one unbeliever.Once he get out of force stealth you have 90 sec to kill them.If you fail to do so:1-he's better than you 2-he's better than you and 3-he's better than you.If you can't take losing then you have a problem.Don't blame things coz you can't pm.
    Why do noobs always say it they had lag when they get pwned?You people always invent new excuses.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Another My < Insert class > cant face roll its way to being top PvP dog anymore so < Insert new class > must be OPed.

If Sins are OPed, then any class that is able to kill them (that would be all by the way ) must be Godlike.

Read the whole thread and just seems people are to lazy to learn new tactics to kill the new classes. You cant treat the Sin the same as a BM or the Phys like a Wiz and expect to still win.

Evolve or die

Evolve or QQ about it

↑↑↑ This ↑↑↑
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You guys are putting me to sleep with your repetative sayings. The fact is you dont have to be an apoc, bs, tailor, or craftsman to be able to kill any other class. But now you have to be a apoc to kill sins apparently.

lolwhat?

All class's should use apoc, It really can make all the differance in a close fight.

ps: Sorry for double post.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lolwhat?

All class's should use apoc, It really can make all the differance in a close fight.

I love my Dews of Gods protection never go to any pvp thing without them...3k dmg absorb for 30 secsb:dirty i'm not squishy anymore
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lolwhat?

False. No one ever uses apoch pots to counter BM's stuns, Clerics sleep, High damage etc etc etc etc . Its all in your imagination <end sarcasm>
    edited February 2010
    Options
    False. No one ever uses apoch pots to counter BM's stuns, Clerics sleep, High damage etc etc etc etc . Its all in your imagination <end sarcasm>

↑↑lolz↑↑

So play fair OP, You have been given LOTS of help on how to counter sins so how about a tip on how a sin can counter a nix hmmmm?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Evolve or die

Evolve or QQ about it
    so in other words:

my psy being able to take out a sin makes it godlike? so if a barbarian is able to clobber my psy that makes them WAY overpowered. But wait, a wizard can destroy a barb, THEY'VE GOTTA BE BROKEN! right?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ↑↑lolz↑↑

So play fair OP, You have been given LOTS of help on how to counter sins so how about a tip on how a sin can counter a nix hmmmm?
    soulburn can handle a nix, 2 shots it's dead (2 BY the NIX)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ↑↑lolz↑↑

soulburn can handle a nix, 2 shots it's dead (2 BY the NIX)

also.....
    Cauterize pretty much takes care of nixes for me lol....
    (pretty much the only thing that makes a nix scary be the bugged bleed)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ↑↑lolz↑↑

stun teleport on the nix and kill it(they have around 5k hp at 95+)you should 2-3 hit it at max to kill it.Then force stealth to cure and all and go for the veno.
    Now the veno can do several things here: stupidest thing is rev the nix at with all that cooldown you kill her.Smartest thing is call a high dps pet on defend(scorpion ain't bad at all).Either way if the sin jumps out of stealth on you or the pet the other one will kill it in a few hits.usually he'll go for you and the scorpion will kill it before he can do much damage.
    Venos(atleast those with brains) are the hardest classes to beat for both tideborn classes.As a psychic i nuke them both with aoes(stun+freeze is an awesome combo to keep the pet away and damage the veno too).
    As a sin I'd have Frenzy on my genie maxed always,your best shot must be 1hit kill or she'll kill you.Harder on wizards(earth barrier),psychics(white voodoo),clerics(plume shield)to 1 hit but I could do it.I beat sins with my psychics and sure not stoping now on thinking new ways to do it.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Uhg heart... im talking 1v1 pvp not DT or anything like that. If you are 1v1 vs a sin its ridiculously hard to kill them. If you are 2v1 vs ANY class its easy to kill. However in the sin's case youre either super high lvl or youre dead which is def overpowered in the 1v1 pvp setting.

i lol'd at this post, JADEFARMER IS NOT WAFFLECHAN. i think you be doing drugs if you think LA > robes, and that im a completely different person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Uhg heart... im talking 1v1 pvp not DT or anything like that. If you are 1v1 vs a sin its ridiculously hard to kill them. If you are 2v1 vs ANY class its easy to kill.

Don't be silly. I took out an Assassin while he and his BM squadmate beat on me in the last Tournament. I then let the BM exhaust his chi on me and dug the chest while he desperately tried to build enough chi to interrupt my digging. The BM ticked my charm but never came close to killing me. I did this without Apo. After dropping a few skills on the BM for pathetic damage, I gave up. I might have been able to kill him if I didn't have my Atk level up/attack rate down buff on, but I seriously doubt it.

There's already an instant counter to any Assassin that uses escape stealth right in front of you, one that will immediately remove the Assassin's stealth and doesn't require any apo, so you can cease your terminal whining that it's somehow unbalanced when it's so easily countered. I'm not going to tell you what it is, because I'm not going to spoon-feed you information that has already been disseminated on these very forums while you distracted yourself making pointless threads.

As other posters have pointed out, LA is terrible. TWing against 9x people as an 80 BM, archers were the only classes I could occasionally kill, save for the occasional mage that stuffed full citrines into their arcane armor. HA/AA hybrid Venos were the worst; I stopped trying after a few zerk crits for 500 measly dmg.

If I ever see you on Dreamweaver PK-enabled, I'll be more than happy to switch off my blue name and give you more experience fighting Assassins so you'll be less likely to dump your misinformation on these forums.

That said, Assassins are overpowered. When they have rank 8 & nirvana gear, and +10 daggers and/or fists (if they statted for them), they can kill any class in the game more often than not. The same is true for any other class.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so in other words:

my psy being able to take out a sin makes it godlike? so if a barbarian is able to clobber my psy that makes them WAY overpowered. But wait, a wizard can destroy a barb, THEY'VE GOTTA BE BROKEN! right?
    on one's got anything to say on this?
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    on one's got anything to say on this?

Give it another 2 or 3 months or as long as it takes people to grow a brain and learn how to deal with TBs. Then they'll find something else that's broken. I'd put my money on end game barbs with 30k+ HP.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Give it another 2 or 3 months or as long as it takes people to grow a brain and learn how to deal with TBs. Then they'll find something else that's broken. I'd put my money on end game barbs with 30k+ HP.
    probably..