Sins and Psys

DemonFox - Dreamweaver
DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Is it just me or are both of these classes overpowered as hell?

Sins in pk mode pop out of invis with a stun and hit you till the stun wears off and go straight back into invis. How is this the least bit fair seeing that theres no possible way to counter this unless you AoE somone and just happen to catch them in it and somehow 1 shot them? I think there should be some sort of measure to counter this, whether it be a potion that lets you see invis or hell just disable the invis to other players. Venos cant use bramble, wiz barbs and archers cant use knockback... why do sins get to be unbelievably cheap and go invis and be unable to be targeted?

Psys are obviously overpowered with their fast, almost wiz powered, spells. I've seen a 72 psy take aggro from a 79 barb in a BH. I read something about the GMs supposedly reducing the aggro of both the psy and sin but I really havent noticed any change at all....

So really GMs what are you doing to balance these classes out? I think everyone would love to know.b:scornb:scornb:scorn
Post edited by DemonFox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nothing because look at your phoenix, flesh ream either of these classes and see what happens.

when you say **** hell, do you allude to dante's inferno? like where the gluttonous lie in fecal matter in their plain of hell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ask the Devs......
    nothing because look at your phoenix, flesh ream either of these classes and see what happens

And I'll go with this ^

* Note --> I have both and I think both the Tideborn's and Nix's are broken..but TONS of fun...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • darksniper00
    darksniper00 Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Assassin vs. any HA user I wouldn't even consider it a fight.

If an assassin fights a BM or Barb, he's gonna get facerolled unless he has like full +12 gear or something. A physical attacker using LA vs. A physical attacker using HA. Assassins are like, "Oh check this out! I can teleport to him, sleep him, and then hit him for FOUR HUNDRED DAMAGE!!"

And then the BM/Barb does a /faceroll and it's over.

At least archers get a few metal attacks to use.

As for psychics, not much experience fighting them but from what I've heard at 90+ they aren't as good as mages.
    DarkSniper - 83 archer - quit

The only way to win the game is to leave it
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Here we go again...b:surrender
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Umm ok well theres always the what 3 genie skills to stop bleeding? I dont have a nix anyway so pointing the finger at me isnt gonna work.

And i say 'hell' because its an expression. If you want to take everything litterally go read a text book. It was a nice personal attack though. Too bad I don't get mad over people saying dumb things like that. I actually laugh.b:bye
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just yesterday i was healing for a FB59 and i had a 92 veno with herc 4 tank, a 82 psy, a 85 wiz some other ppl i dont remember =P, the whole time, the psy was stealing aggro from the herc (wich was @ same lvl as the veno. Kinda of a pain, since i wanted to DD a bit too :(

i have yet to fight a same lvl psy, but just from this episode, i think we can all say they r a bit op... i mean, psy takes aggro, and wiz doesnt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    People are way too quick too throw around the term 'Overpowered' these days... b:sweat
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    People are way too quick too throw around the term 'Overpowered' these days... b:sweat

Well please enlighten us to what it should be called? Cheap? Rigged? Unbalanced? Make a suggestion not just an accusation.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have yet to fight a same lvl psy, but just from this episode, i think we can all say they r a bit op... i mean, psy takes aggro, and wiz doesnt?

most likely it be a smart wizard.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Umm ok well theres always the what 3 genie skills to stop bleeding? I dont have a nix anyway so pointing the finger at me isnt gonna work.

And i say 'hell' because its an expression. If you want to take everything litterally go read a text book. It was a nice personal attack though. Too bad I don't get mad over people saying dumb things like that. I actually laugh.b:bye

There is ONE genie skill that stops bleed... just like there is one genie skill that snaps user out of stun. There is also a genie skill that prevent bleed... just like there is one genie skill that prevent status effects.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

it was a personal attack? last i checked it was just blunt sarcasm. theres nothing overpowered about anything, people just like to throw around terms all willy nilly. though, i wasnt aware hell was located in the ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    There is ONE genie skill that stops bleed... just like there is one genie skill that snaps user out of stun. There is also a genie skill that prevent bleed... just like there is one genie skill that prevent status effects.

So in other words, "Yes there are 3 skills to counter bleeding." k

So where's the skill that lets you counter invisiblity? If you throw an anti staus skill the sin just stands and waits for it to wear off. Same with any shield or spark or anything.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At least archers get a few metal attacks to use.
    Yes, because we'll definitely get a chance to zap them after we get ninja-spark-critted for all our HP and then some. Assassins basically eat archers, unless there's a significant level difference, the archer has absurdly good gear, or the Assassin fails miserably. I have seen Assassins do a nasty number on barbs, but that's only pre-77. After barbs get Misty Forest Rings, I expect it's GG Assassin.
    As for psychics, not much experience fighting them but from what I've heard at 90+ they aren't as good as mages.
    Now, this is just an archer's perspective, but Psychics are easy to kill. I can't really see that changing endgame, since unlike wizards they don't get that nifty +100% PDef buff.
  • TwistedGod - Lost City
    TwistedGod - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well sins can only be invisble to ppl under their lvls or the lvl of the skill which maxes out at lvl 74. So a lvl 74 sin can be invisible to all below 94th lvl. Sounds nice but there is a pot to prevent this allows you to get an awareness skill equal to your lvl +20 so there is a way to counter it. And like noted before they are only good against arcane and some light users. It would take some really nice gear to deal with HA wearers

As far as the magic casters they lack the hp to be effective in pvp. They can increase defense lvl very true but at the cost of magic damage. Both classes are nice but have their down fall just like any other class
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    it was a personal attack? last i checked it was just blunt sarcasm. theres nothing overpowered about anything, people just like to throw around terms all willy nilly. though, i wasnt aware hell was located in the ****

Oh I get it now, I made a typo. Sorry I'm human. Now back to the subject instead of pointing out spelling errors of a post.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Well sins can only be invisble to ppl under their lvls or the lvl of the skill which maxes out at lvl 74. So a lvl 74 sin can be invisible to all below 94th lvl. Sounds nice but there is a pot to prevent this allows you to get an awareness skill equal to your lvl +20 so there is a way to counter it. And like noted before they are only good against arcane and some light users. It would take some really nice gear to deal with HA wearers

As far as the magic casters they lack the hp to be effective in pvp. They can increase defense lvl very true but at the cost of magic damage. Both classes are nice but have their down fall just like any other class

So youre saying a higher level sin cant be seen by anyone? Or are you saying 'oh JUST get to 94+ and youll be fine'? And what is this potion you're talking about? Never heard of it.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Psys are obviously overpowered with their fast, almost wiz powered, spells. I've seen a 72 psy take aggro from a 79 barb in a BH.

Wanted to add something about this. I've been in a bh59 on my psy with a lower barb, and warned the barb that I'd prob take aggro for jokes, since I had black voodoo on.

Guess what? I never got aggro from him <_<...he did a DARN well job of using his aggro skills and I couldnt even get aggro from the boss with blackvoodoo & me spamming sparks x_x.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    you wrote: AS **** HELL, were you trying to type as twice? or were you merely saying asses and hell coincide?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Yes, because we'll definitely get a chance to zap them after we get ninja-spark-critted for all our HP and then some. Assassins basically eat archers, unless there's a significant level difference, the archer has absurdly good gear, or the Assassin fails miserably. I have seen Assassins do a nasty number on barbs, but that's only pre-77. After barbs get Misty Forest Rings, I expect it's GG Assassin.

I wasn't talking about assassin vs. archer I was talking about against heavies.

At least an archer has a few metal attacks to use against heavies, compared to a sin that's can't really do anything.

Oh and I've fought assassins on my barb before level 77 (my barb is currently level 74) And I could honestly go afk with an assassin my level doing everything in his power to kill me and the sin still wouldn't be able to kill me in 10 seconds. It takes a much higher leveled sin with much better gear to kill me.

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sin is a great PvP class therefore they are overpowered.

Psychics are dumb enough not to control their damage therefore they are overpowered (anyone can steal aggro from a Barb if the Barb sucks).

Is that what you are saying?

Being good in one thing doesn't make a class overpowered.
    Overpowered means overshadowing every other class in everything they do.

Enlighten me as to how Sins and Psychics accomplish that.

Honestly people, these classes are new. Maybe you should come up with strategies to counter them instead of QQing all day.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    you wrote: AS **** HELL, were you trying to type as twice? or were you merely saying asses and hell coincide?

Dude just shut up and go away you're not contributing to this thread at all.

@dark: Saying sins cant do much damage is like saying fist bms cant do much damage. They attack fast as hell (yeah i said it again waffle get over it.) And theres nothing saying you can't make a sin HA to help ward off phys attacks. Im just waiting for a HA sin to come out and wipe off everything on the map.
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I find it so funny that a veno is complaining about the OP of other classes. The way that I see the two new classes is a balance to the nix. Honestly.

I also wouldn't start complaining about genie skills that can stop the nix bleed, it CAN, it has a CHANCE. There are apoths that will help you see a sin in stealth. AND there may be genie skill additions, not like when the genie first came out, it had every single skill it does now and it's not like they haven't changed skills. Just be patient.

Learn to play against these classes and keep at it. At first the nix was like b:shocked People learned to counter it and yes, a cleric can counter a nix with out the genie skills.

But do you think that the veno class should run around with their nixes, owning face and not have a challenge? It's kinda what it sounds like you are asking for, not saying it is what you want but... All these complaints about the new classes but nothing on a nix? You don't think the nix is OP? People had begged in the start that a nix be nerfed... Never happened, I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for what you believe is unfair to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Sins are gonna get rolled endgame when people realize that LA is terrible endgame.

Ask any archer they'll tell you how you need amazing gear to be able to survive more than a few hits.

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds nice but there is a pot to prevent this allows you to get an awareness skill equal to your lvl +20 so there is a way to counter it.

Detection potions can only be made if you own the City of the Raging Tides. In other words, if you already belong to a strong faction capable of winning multiple TWs.

Regarding LA's suckage endgame: Yes. Archers and Assassins are incredibly squishy and easy to kill. The problem is, Archers can be seen coming from a mile away, and thus quickly targeted and killed. Assassins are invisible, and can go back INTO stealth within seconds of attacking, with no real way of detecting or countering them.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I liked this thread better when it was called "PWI Dying."

There was some epic trolling in that thread.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I find it so funny that a veno is complaining about the OP of other classes. The way that I see the two new classes is a balance to the nix. Honestly.

I also wouldn't start complaining about genie skills that can stop the nix bleed, it CAN, it has a CHANCE. There are apoths that will help you see a sin in stealth. AND there may be genie skill additions, not like when the genie first came out, it had every single skill it does now and it's not like they haven't changed skills. Just be patient.

Learn to play against these classes and keep at it. At first the nix was like b:shocked People learned to counter it and yes, a cleric can counter a nix with out the genie skills.

But do you think that the veno class should run around with their nixes, owning face and not have a challenge? It's kinda what it sounds like you are asking for, not saying it is what you want but... All these complaints about the new classes but nothing on a nix? You don't think the nix is OP? People had begged in the start that a nix be nerfed... Never happened, I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for what you believe is unfair to change.

I'm sorry, you must have missed that I DONT HAVE A NIX. I'm not even playing my veno anymore, I just haven't changed my forum id. Plus the nix is not that overpowered. As a light armor veno I survived nix bleeds all day long with no anti bleed skills at all. You cant tell me that 1 thing is overpowered and not accept the fact that other characters (without a $300 pet) are op.
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    most likely it be a smart wizard.
    b:chuckle

Smart Wizzies Be Clerics Friends b:pleased

As for Psys... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I'm sorry, you must have missed that I DONT HAVE A NIX. I'm not even playing my veno anymore, I just haven't changed my forum id. Plus the nix is not that overpowered. As a light armor veno I survived nix bleeds all day long with no anti bleed skills at all. You cant tell me that 1 thing is overpowered and not accept the fact that other characters (without a $300 pet) are op.
    QQQQQ WHINEWHINEWHINEWHINE

everything in pw is OP! whinewhinewhinewhine!
    wheres the balance! QQQQQQQQ

theres nothing wrong with assassins or psychics, close this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So where's the skill that lets you counter invisiblity? If you throw an anti staus skill the sin just stands and waits for it to wear off. Same with any shield or spark or anything.

No .. Sin stuns you THEN you use the genie skill

Plus say for example you are in PK mode chatting outside west gate.. you have you pet set to guard yeah ? Even if sin does tele and stun, your pets going be smacking him upside the head while you remove/become unstunned.

There are ways to counter all classes ... just by the huge number of these threads people are to lazy to look for them
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    QQQQQ WHINEWHINEWHINEWHINE

everything in pw is OP! whinewhinewhinewhine!
    wheres the balance! QQQQQQQQ

theres nothing wrong with assassins or psychics, close this thread.

Nice flame. Why aren't they overpowered? Explain in detail. Contribute to the thread you dirty little forum troll you.